Newcastle Airport

Newcastle Airport customer review

Check-in was easy and security search was thorough yet polite. A couple of decent restaurants in the departure lounge as well as all the necessary outlets (duty free drugstore newsagency). Flight info screens updating every minute. Toilets a little scruffy but bearable. The gate corridors would also benefit from moving walkways.

Newcastle Airport customer review

Travel through Newcastle International regularly and staff are pleasant and helpful facilities are clean and the ground handlers tend not to lose your luggage or leave you hanging around for ever waiting for it to be unloaded. The only two criticism I can level at the airport are the processing through security can take an eternity (why only have two of the screens open when the queue is out of the door?) and that the Immigration officials need to process the arrivals more quickly (hit the arrivals hall at the same time as the passengers from the Emirates flight and you're in for a wait and a half).

Newcastle Airport customer review

Plane landed at 1155am. We were through customs picked up luggage and out the front door to our waiting car in 29 mins. What could be better than that?

Newcastle Airport customer review

As usual a good experience at this airport had checked in online 2 minutes at fast bag drop and through security in 5 minutes. At present due to work taking place in the retail area the amount of seating has been reduce feel that the peak summer season is not the best time to do this work.

Newcastle Airport customer review

The free parking time for 'drop offs' at Newcastle Airport has recently been cut to five minutes with the congestion in this area at peak times it is almost impossible to drop off passengers within the new limit and therefore penalty charges will be incurred ! Another 'tax' for passengers using this airport.

Newcastle Airport customer review

I fly 6-12 times a year to Newcastle to visit family and am as frustrated at others at the blatant profiteering in the short term car park. We have noticed many cars hovering outside the airport on the roundabout and in other places off-road - clearly waiting till flights land but obstructive to other vehicles and an accident waiting to happen. But who can blame them for refusing to be fleeced? We have come to an arrangement now where I take the Metro to Kingston Park where there is a large car park where my family can wait for free to pick me up. It is expensive - £2.10 for three stops - but it makes a gesture against the airport authority's exploitative pricing tactics.

Newcastle Airport customer review

I fly though Newcastle airport on a weekly basis and the way they process passengers at security is at least 5 years out of date. Nearly all airports these days have a long table leading up to the scanner to allow at least 4 or 5 passengers to prepare at the same time. Not at Newcastle where there is only a very short table so that yo can only start to prepare when you are at the front of the queues therefore holding up everyone behind you. Very frustrating!

Newcastle Airport customer review

On 3 March 2008 my son and I returned to Newcastle from Tenerife. On our arrival at baggage collection the carousel had not started. We waited and waited and waited. We had landed at 2020 but after an hour there was still no activity. Nobody was available to ask the reason for this long delay. Then the closed sign was displayed on the monitor above the carousel. Eventually a young man came but all he was able to say was that there was "a meeting to try to get estimates" which was no answer at all to our need for a reason. Passengers some of whom had young children were beginning to become irate (understandably after the flight). Many of us had arranged to be collected by family or friends who had to pay for parking. I asked for a form to complete so that I could leave and have my luggage delivered to my home address but this was not given. One man did manage to do this but said that he was told not to tell the other passengers. We did eventually get our luggage (mine arrived at 2150) but I would like to know why if there was a problem we were not told immediately on arrival. Why were we left waiting and tired and angry?

Newcastle Airport customer review

Only flew into Newcastle once for a quick stopover but have to say that the airport was quick and efficient. Found the staff to be pleasant and efficient but some additional signs wouldn't go astray

Newcastle Airport customer review

In response to Adam's comments. Yes all well and good IF you live near a Metro station. I live in the sticks so that's not an option. I am using the airport to pick my son up so the drop off/short term car park are a necessity. This all has nothing to do with security but everything to do with profiteering.