Newark Airport

"the worst airport I've ever flown into and out of"

Trip Verified | This airport is the worst airport I've ever flown into and out of. When departing it was total chaos at the security checkpoint and when arriving the staff were rude and unprofessional. I will never use this airport again.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"EWR sets the bar really low"

Trip Verified | I am not sure you can experience a worst airport than EWR … and even though it probably exists, EWR sets the bar really low! Imagine a facility built in the late 70s that was never upgraded to todays travel standards and cannot accommodate basic needs … even bathrooms that went through fairly recent renovations are a disaster and filthy! Avoid! JFK and newly renovated LGA are much better options for NYC.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"never fixed the staff problem"

Trip Verified | I haves lived in NJ my whole life and unfortunately EWR has been my go to airport. All I will say is even with the renovations they never fixed the staff problem. Nobody seems to value their job or have a clue what customer service is. I usually don't review but this is more of a warning than complaint. Every-time I am in terminal C and try to use the food court to order something I almost never get my food because it took too long, they forgot, can't even find anyone to ask, or this time completely ignored. I stood there for 30 min when I got a text that my meal was ready and no one even acknowledged me. I finally just gave up and boarded my flight.

"A stressful experience"

Not Verified | A stressful experience with check-in and security. Both of which I was encountered with two rude staff members. I understand that all airports are stressful at this point in time. But the rude comments from the staff were unnecessary, considering I had never been to Newark airport. I don’t usually post reviews.

"Do better Newark"

Not Verified | I will avoid having to do anything through Newark Intl in future. I live in Brooklyn, but rented a car for travel in New Jersey, picking up from Newark International airport (EWR). It is already a painful experience to get to EWR on public transport where there is only one train an hour from Penn Station in Manhattan on Sundays. The last leg to the rental place is the Air Train which literally takes almost 30 minutes to go from one end of the airport to the other and stops for 5 minutes at each terminal and makes multiple delay stops on the tracks. Why? I missed my return train to NYC as a consequence. I saw many other frustrated travelers as well. When raising this with the customer service attendant at the station she basically smirked at me and told me to leave a review on Google. Her complete indifference was infuriating and amplified a general attitude of complacency which makes having anything to do with this airport undesirable. Do better Newark.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"I'm so disgusted by how I was treated"

Trip Verified | I have never been treated so rudely by an airport employee for politely trying to ask a question. I'm guessing she treats many people this way but nobody confronts her because they just want to get going. I would probably do the same thing but she and two male employees had just finished boarding a flight to Toronto so when I asked her a question about my gate # she totally snapped at me and I told her "don't speak to me like that", she became even ruder and when I asked to speak to a manager nobody would do anything, the two men stood there while she told them not to help me and I asked them are you seriously going to do nothing? They looked at me and I told them how shameful they were. I'm so disgusted by how I was treated. I took her picture, it was gate B-52. Newark airport should be embarrassed and mortified by some of the reviews I'm now reading.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"line for the security check was lengthy"

Not Verified | 2 big issues with Newark Airport Terminal C: 1: The line for the security check was lengthy as the airport was busy however they used the qeue to needlessly walk back and forth amongst other travelers even though half of that time there was not a backup so walking back and forth full speed as others passed by at full speed, needlessly exposing passengers to possible covid from others. 2: lets face it the restaurants are all using an inferior system for ordering and paying. Yes having to click on a qr code for a menu has become pretty mainstream during the covid years. However the system is unable to read a credit card. So patrons have to enter their name on the card, the card number, expiration and security code each and every time the patron wishes to order an additional item. Really? the system can not read a credit card, venmo or other? Time to look to replace the system as soon as possible, this is costing you sales as people are walking away.

"It's elder abuse"

Not Verified | I was appalled, and my husband too. We just could not believe that as tired as we were we could not order a meal or a drink without having to use a screen. The worst was when we witnessed an elderly couple asking if they could see an actual paper menue. The employee rudley told them "no, it's not available." The husband tried to pull out his phone from his pocket and I saw how his hand was shaking as if he seemed to have some kind of disorder like Parkinsons. It's elder abuse, we thought.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"do as little work as possible"

Trip Verified | I requested a wheelchair to take me to the gate. After nearly an hour of waiting (and nearly missing my plane), and repeated requests, and several people now waiting for chairs, two women appear on the horizon pushing empty wheelchairs and walking so slowly they might have been standing still. Finally she pushes me towards the screening area where there are three lines of people waiting to go through. One line has only one person waiting for the agent to approve their ticket/ID to go through screening. She gets on that line but just as the person in front of us goes through (we would be next), she switches lines that has more people in front of us. As that line goes down and we're about to go through, she switches again to a longer line. And now my boarding time is only a few minutes away. I turn to her and ask why are we switching lines? "Stop yelling at me," is her reply (and no, I wasn't yelling). Clearly this woman's goal is to do as little work as possible. Pretty sure that's the goal at Newark Airport as a whole.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"worst airport I have ever been to"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever been to. The staff is rude, uncooperative, stupid, and dismissive. I tried to be as pleasant as I could but every single person I spoke with had no idea what was going on and caused massive delays. This was an absolute disaster and I will never come back to this airport again. In 5 different airports in the last 10 days and all of them were amazing except for Newark. It's the worst airport of my life.
Date VisitJuly 2022