Newark Airport

"do as little work as possible"

Trip Verified | I requested a wheelchair to take me to the gate. After nearly an hour of waiting (and nearly missing my plane), and repeated requests, and several people now waiting for chairs, two women appear on the horizon pushing empty wheelchairs and walking so slowly they might have been standing still. Finally she pushes me towards the screening area where there are three lines of people waiting to go through. One line has only one person waiting for the agent to approve their ticket/ID to go through screening. She gets on that line but just as the person in front of us goes through (we would be next), she switches lines that has more people in front of us. As that line goes down and we're about to go through, she switches again to a longer line. And now my boarding time is only a few minutes away. I turn to her and ask why are we switching lines? "Stop yelling at me," is her reply (and no, I wasn't yelling). Clearly this woman's goal is to do as little work as possible. Pretty sure that's the goal at Newark Airport as a whole.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"worst airport I have ever been to"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever been to. The staff is rude, uncooperative, stupid, and dismissive. I tried to be as pleasant as I could but every single person I spoke with had no idea what was going on and caused massive delays. This was an absolute disaster and I will never come back to this airport again. In 5 different airports in the last 10 days and all of them were amazing except for Newark. It's the worst airport of my life.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Seating areas are filthy"

Trip Verified | The terminal signage is absolutely lacking. No indication which terminal you are currently in anywhere. Signage for shuttle transport to alternate terminals is literally barely visible and at knee height. Passengers look up for signage and directions not at knee level. Seating areas are filthy as well. Zoom under the seats of the pic I took attached herein
Date VisitJune 2022

"The system is an abomination and unjust"

Not Verified | Who decided to create the ridiculous business model for bars, restaurants and food services? The system is an abomination and unjust both to workers and customers. I will not be flying through Newark as long as this atrocity persists. You have $600 ipads placed everywhere which only give a QR code. It is the only way to way to order food and drinks, but internet cannot keep up with the demand. The internet is spotty at best requiring a crazy amount of time to just place an order. And for those customers who can use it, the system lures them into a false sense of security that their food and drink will be delivered in normal fashion. Yet, I witnessed numerous customers wait more than 30 minutes for drinks, more than 45 minutes for food, and then, without orders ever being delivered, have to fight for reimbursement or lose money due to their flight schedule. We cannot tip for good service and in general customers receive lousy service because workers are forced to contend with a system that fosters anger with both customers and workers. Don't even get me started with plastic being used everywhere, creating more harm for the environment. All of this is a cost-cutting measure to serve the wealthy elite who care nothing local workers. I am appalled at such an horrific system that removes convenience, friendliness and expedience. Those at the top approving this should be fired.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Really disappointed and won’t be back"

Trip Verified | I have just spent a few hours at the airport and am really disappointed at the lack of food, beverage and shopping available. My husband and I had a beer each at one of only two palaces to sit and eat available and it cost us $26? This is an extortionate amount to pay for a beer in a plastic glass. Shocking to think that an international airport has nothing to buy apart from souvenirs. You can’t even try the perfumes on as there are no testers available. Really disappointed and won’t be back.

"Fantastic service!"

Trip Verified | I cannot praise the assistance that my husband and I received at Newark Airport highly enough. The wheelchair was waiting for us when we left the plane and our guide accompanied us to get our luggage, through check in for our next flight, through security and to our lounge without a hitch and with cheerfulness. Fantastic service!
Date VisitMay 2022

"don't have a clue how to organize"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Check in is a nightmare, self check in seemed to be the only option, no assistance what so ever. Then at bag drop off, the staff were as unfriendly as rude, very disappointed, at security the staff just dont know how to control the influx of passengers, directed from one place to another, everything taken out of bag and put into the boxes, when you ask about passport and docs, get told that you keep them with you only until you have to pass through the scanner then you get told go and put it back in a box. These people don't have a clue how to organize. Being a traveller to various places around the world, Newark will not see me if i can help it.
Date VisitMay 2022

"crowded, security lines are long"

Not Verified | I have flown out of this airport twice in the last month. It is crowded, security lines are long, and departures and arrival traffic is insane, and so disorganized. Waiting spaces are crowded and the staff seemed to angry to be there. I hate having to fly out of here.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Staff super rude"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. Staff super rude, not only with us but also with other passengers simply asking for information. We were all treated so badly. I have travelled the world, and I honestly don’t remember this type of treatment anywhere else. In addition, my husband and I were unable to access to the lounge (despite having a priority pass membership), as we were told that this was only allowed in Terminal B (we were in Terminal C). Finally, our flight was delayed by one hour. If you can choose, please don’t choose this airport.
Date VisitApril 2022

"They literally sell fifteen kinds of water in this spirit"

Not Verified | They literally sell fifteen kinds of water in this spirit and no sparkling. None. All these “different” kinds of water are marketing ripoffs. Surely you could manage a perion somewhere in there. One damn bottle. Also not a bag of pretzels. Three hundred kinds of the same thing is not choice. Come on!
Date VisitMarch 2022