New York JFK Airport

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arriving from AMS in T4 with KLM. I had to wait for an hour for the immigration. Friendly immigration officers compared to other US airports but you have to wait! I rented a car! CDG looks like a breeze compared to JFK. With JFK in a sweltering 100F heat one has to take the sky train to go the main rental station - yes there is no rental station at each terminal. It took me 2hrs to process all that. I thought that CDG was the at the bottom JFK apparently is giving the Paris a close contest!
Terminal Cleanliness N/A

New York JFK Airport customer review

JFK New York City - Charles de Gaulle Paris France w/ Layover in Geneva. JFK still has the problem of not having enough food choices and Wi-Fi access beyond the security checkpoint. It makes it really hard to get anything done in the airport while you are waiting for your boarding time. The food still is very limited and much more expensive by comparison to other airports I have been to recently. The good qualities are comfortable seats with plugs nearby to keep your computer charged and much better restrooms since the last time I was there. Getting through security was much easier this time with much quicker progress from having more security lines.

New York JFK Airport customer review

I can only comment on Terminal 4. I arrived for my flight to Brazil on a weekday morning thinking I'd be queuing for hours. It turns out the line was not very long for check-in and it was made even quicker with courteous staff members directing everyone where to go. There is a fair amount of shopping before security which is nice. Security checkpoint lines were not very long and the TSA officers were actually friendly and helpful! Once past security Terminal 4 in the gate area is very nice clean and well-kept. Coming back on my return flight from Brazil was an entirely different story. After a 10 hour flight we arrived in the customs hall only to be greeted by screaming and unhelpful customs personnel who didn't seem to care how they treated people. They screamed angry directions in English to mostly Portuguese speaking Brazilians expecting them to understand. Well most of them didn't and the customs officials thought that if they screamed louder they would somehow understand. I was embarrassed that this was the first experience foreigners got when entering the USA.

New York JFK Airport customer review

We arrived at JFK after our transatlantic flight and were ushered into a narrow hot hallway where we waited for a long time before being told to wait to go through passport control. What a terrible introduction to the USA for foreign visitors! Then we picked up our luggage and waited in a mob of people pushing to get through the customs check. Then the real trial began! We waited in an interminably long line to go through the TSA check to re-board our flight to ATL. The line hardly moved because there were hundreds of people and just one line! Finally when several people started expressing fear that we would miss our connecting flight someone called the tower and another line was opened. The location was insufficiently staffed for the number of people trying to go through. Our treatment due to the crowding was unconscionable. As we stood in line we were able to see several TSA agents chatting while we waited to go through the one line. This seems like a very inefficient use of personnel. I feel that such conditions decrease the effectiveness of the TSA workers. Thus it was a very uncomfortable anxiety producing and unsafe situation. I was told that this is common at JFK in the summer. Please correct this.

New York JFK Airport customer review

After arriving at JFK airport on a flight from Rome my wife and I - along with every person arriving at the terminal - were greeted by screaming CBP representatives herding U.S. passport holders to one side and legions of international passport holders to another side. As we passed by hundreds of the latter being shoved to one side in a barely air-conditioned terminal we winced upon finding an equally mammoth group of international travelers waiting for customs clearance around the corner. No more than 50% of the agent stalls were active as if the influx of travelers into the JFK facility was somehow unexpected! The outright rudeness combined with an obviously flawed system made us embarrassed to be Americans. Several other people in our U.S. line expressed the same sad sentiment. At the very least one would think that CBP could muster some employees with a sliver of civility who might greet arriving passengers in a friendly and apologetic manner especially considering the wait ahead. This situation was so utterly and completely inexcusable that even now I regret not saying something to the agents themselves at the time.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arrived on Aeroflot from Moscow to JFK Terminal 1 and the immigration lines for US Citizens and Non US Citizens was mind blowing. It took 1.5 hrs as a US Citizen to clear customs as Terminal 1 is not equipped to handle immigration. JFK airport officials should require most international carriers on arrival to JFK to use Terminal 4 for clearing customs or expand terminal 1 to handle immigration.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Just come back from New York JFK. As all reviews say I've never ever dealt with such rude staff we queued for nearly 3 hrs to get to passport control 2 flights arrived and 2 desks were open. They shout at people like we are a bunch of naughty school kids these people need to be taught manners.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arrived at Terminal 7 left the jetway and joined immigration queue straight away. Took 3 hours to clear immigration along with some very confusing announcements made over the tannoy little done by airport staff or border staff to expedite queuing time. Terminal was overly hot. Not a great welcome! The only great thing about this was that we didn't have to wait for our baggage to arrive - staff were removing it from the carousel to make way for the next flight. On departure the terminal was more presentable however security closed a security lane despite a queue out of the queuing area arrived at desk to be told that the scanner wasn't working and that I'd have to get a new boarding pass although I skipped the 45min queue when I re- entered security. Terminal/airport nothing to write home about.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arrival at JFK from YVR - very confusing! Terminal facilities: dirty and smelly toilets inadequate seating areas and chairs no free WIFI very limited food options. Terminal decor was very run down and deteriorated. Rude and unfriendly staff. Only 1 or 2 US Customs agents to clear 200+ arriving international passengers. Departing JFK Airport - due to a litany of errors by our tour company we were dropped off 7 hours before our flight departure time. Again the terminals have very limited eating options and shopping prior to security check. The exception to this is Terminal 4 which had some shopping but it was also undergoing construction and was a complete eyesore. Food/drink prices were exorbitantly expensive. Queues at Terminal 7 to go through the TSA security screening were the longest I've ever seen-they span the entire length of the terminal! If/when you come to JFK prepare to have your trip ruined by this miserable excuse of an airport courtesy of the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey.

New York JFK Airport customer review

I flew into terminal 4 from Amsterdam. Normally I fly into Newark. I didn't expect to get into such a disorganised mess. The queues to get through customs are awfully long and attendants behave rudely. They have a system where you queue up into 3 areas they start with filling up one queue and when this one is full they fill up the other two. You have to wait in the queue for an attendant to direct you to one of the 30 some desks where you have to queue up again for the customs officer to see you. This process is so disorganized that you see people in one of the other queues that arrived over an hour later getting served before you. What a poor display of American hospitality.