New York JFK Airport

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arrived from Rome to Terminal 8 (American Air) around 1.00 pm. We have had poor previous experiences at JFK and we braced for another. This time was better. Facility was clean signs were clear along the way to customs helpful staff were visible with forms and keeping the lines moving. The CBP officer reviewing our passport was friendly and efficient. After retrieving our baggage and giving it again to American for the domestic flight to San Diego we then got our surprise. Terminal 8 is not fully secure meaning that cleared travelers exiting customs to go on to another American domestic flight must go through security again. That meant the duty free sealed glass items we purchased in the secure Milan terminal would not be allowed by TSA - they take it or you are escorted out right away. American Air staff at the counter went out of her way to find boxes to help us pack these items and checked it through at no additional fee. Either we missed something or there is a design flaw with terminal security.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arrived last night at Terminal 8 from Paris. The line for immigration was terribly long staff directing passengers rude and uninformative. The booths for the immigration officers were only one third manned. They know how many passengers will be coming through. It took over 1 hr for us to get through and we were in the short line for US Citizens. The Visitors line was at least three times as long. These poor people probably had to wait 3 hrs. What a terrible welcome to the United States.

New York JFK Airport customer review

The staff varied from ignorant and rude to aggressive. We queued for an hour to check-in then queued for 30 mins to put our bags through the x-ray over 1.5 hrs to get through security. No signs at security in terms of how they wanted people to go through the x-ray. After watching people be shouted at for not moving forward quickly enough we finally saw the security gates. How this can be accepted at a major international airport is beyond me.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Flew through JFK (transit) twice this year. Queuing was a disaster I had to wait more than 1 hr for immigration. Direction signs were confusing even staff were unable to properly direct me to my luggage. Air Train was confusing with different destinations leaving from same track. Terminal 2/3 (Delta) was awful - dirty and chaotic staff working there were inefficient and disinterested resulting in a 1 hr wait at the counter. Service at American Airlines (Terminal 8) was not much better a frustrating and expensive experience. All flights I took to and from JFK were delayed. I would discourage people to use this airport for transiting - or allow plenty of time.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Two flights were jammed in a long narrow hallway for 15 mins. Signage was bad so US citizens kept cutting in line after finding that short line was for visitors. Rude personnel many people missing connections. Baggage on different carousel than the sign announcement. Took hour to get through. Terminal very hot and stuffy.

New York JFK Airport customer review

No free wi-fi which is disappointing for such a major airport. There are a number of iPads available for use but there connection to the Internet is painfully slow. Would have been better served using the money spent on iPads for providing free wi-fi. Finally facilities are not that clean.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Touched down from Paris everyone is shuffled through a dirty hot hall into a tiny room with no windows. Waited over 1 hr in a line to just pass through New York to Toronto. Layout is awful it seems to be the only airport that doesn't offer free wifi. At my gate there was half the seats needed for the amount of people. Overall its a hot confusing airport.

New York JFK Airport customer review

I've flown in and out of almost every airport in the United States for business travel and JFK has to be the most confusing design I've seen. The departure/arrival directions upon entering the airport are confusing and after check-in a whole group waiting to go through the security checkpoint were hustled outside across the street to another checkpoint that was just as busy. The security checkpoint was the longest most frustrating experience I've had at an airport. The TSA officials were rude and disinterested. Very long walk to the gate limited places to eat once I got there and absolutely nowhere to sit down. Overall not a great experience.

New York JFK Airport customer review

I have avoided it based on the horrible experiences of friends and relatives but for some odd reason decided to take a chance and experience it myself. Sadly everyone was right. It is dirty workers are rude shops are limited and it's just a miserable place. I will continue to fly in and out of ATL from now on.

New York JFK Airport customer review

The situation at JFK has been horrible and it is getting even worse. Today at the Delta international arrivals terminal it took passengers (at least the non-US passports) 2.5hrs to get through passport control. 2 passport control stations were open. This is just unbelievable. Everyone has the impression JFK is trying to make passengers miserable on purpose. My family and I do Transatlantic flights many times a year but we all dread of JFK. Both departure and arrival. In addition most of the cases-not all-the JFK staff are arrogant and grumpy. And International arrivals at terminal 3 is a shame. No space no proper information displayed most of the time extremely crowded. You hardly find your pick up there and vice versa.