New York JFK Airport

New York JFK Airport customer review

Arrived at JFK to take a Delta flight to Seattle and discovered that we had to take a shuttle bus from one terminal to another. Delta required that our ID be checked before riding the bus a bus that runs only every 15 minutes with one person checking ID's. The ride was stop and start bumpy and unpleasant. The entire experience starting with the one TSA line took over an hour to get from the terminal we were told to be at to the terminal that the plane actually flew from.

New York JFK Airport customer review

A disgusting experience from check-in to boarding queued for 2 hours to check-in 1 hour to get through security which was absolute chaos people were missing flights through no fault of their own! Never have I seen such behaviour by airport staff they are aggressive and extremely rude - this needs to be addressed or you will have no one wanting to visit NYC.

New York JFK Airport customer review

I've flown into and out of JFK a number of times and it has always been with one exception an entirely unpleasant experience. I generally fly Delta and terminal 3 is a joke. I've seen TSA agents literally screaming at elderly passengers to hurry up through the screening process. The horrible narrow corridors and long lines as you transit from an arriving international flight to a domestic flight definitely make you feel like cattle. This week I queued for nearly an hour to get through security. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth every single time. In contrast to my experiences in T3 I flew out of the JetBlue terminal for the first time recently and it was a night and day difference.

New York JFK Airport customer review

The passport check had two attendants for two flights of approx 800 passengers. It took two hours to work through this quagmire. Then it was a journey through Customs which went quickly. Next was to get to the domestic gate. What an ordeal. Walk through the terminal down an elevator then another long walk to a gate. Next catch a bus and tour the flight line to another building. They let us off at the far corner of the building then we had to walk up 4 ramps and across the building to the departure gate. Probably 2 miles of walking total. What a stupid design.

(Spain)

Arrived at Terminal 8 and easy connection by Air tram for departure from Terminal 7. Escalators not working and not a lot to do landside. TSA not very nice and should treat passengers with more respect. Once airside plenty of places to eat or have a drink. Duty Free shop have some good offers and staff there were very nice. Went to the bar and unfriendly barman asked if I had ID (I am 50!). Prices extortionate with a small beer costing $9.50!! Not the best airport but nor the worst either.

New York JFK Airport customer review

I have flown through JFK many times to make both domestic and international connections. There are a great many airport that I would rate higher than JFK but very few that I would rate below it. I have commented to my international friends that as an American I am embarrassed when their first experience in the United States is landing at and passing through JFK Airport.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Going from plane to baggage claim is the equivalent of going through a Pavlovian maze. However that was just the beginning of my frustrations. Baggage claim itself was a closed-off room and you had to wait more than 30-45 minutes for luggage. After picking up your luggage and going through the second maze you are tired and beyond irritated. To add more fuel to the fire the information desk was less than helpful on where I can catch the hotel shuttle. She was more interested in stuffing her face and reading a book than helping me. Even worse getting to hotel shuttles was another nightmare. I had to go from baggage claim to air train to section c then go down an escalator turn left turn right and then see the shuttles. The only redeeming quality for this airport was Altitudes (Restaurant). The steak dinner I had was on par with some of the better steak houses I have dined at.

New York JFK Airport customer review

Depending on the terminal one uses JFK can either be acceptable or awful. There is easy access from Manhattan or car parks thanks to efficient airtrain. This also helps get around terminals. We usually use terminal 8 the American Airlines terminal. All our experiences there have been positive with short lines for check-in security hassle-free and short immigration lines upon arrival with bags already on the conveyor belt. This terminal is new airy and spacious and has many shopping and food offerings. AA staff are generally friendlier than the trashy TSA and Port Authority staff who seem like the laziest and most incompetent people on the planet. By sharp contrast terminal 123 and 7 are old and terrible. The oldest and most run down avoid these. Terminal 5 is the Jetblue terminal and is pretty good. So it all depends on what terminal one uses.

New York JFK Airport customer review

We arrive at JFK late from Heathrow 23rd December after being delayed by bad weather. When we arrived at immigration we couldn't believe the queue. We queued for 3 hours because there were only 5 or 6 kiosks manned out of 20. When we got through the queue was the same length behind us and I think it was one in the morning by then. Two out of our party of three suffer from back pain which was made much worse by standing for this length of time. When we complained to the ushers in the hall they were completely indifferent to our plight "I don't want to be here either" "what do you expect its the holidays" were the sort of replies we got. In fairness to the immigration officer who dealt with us he was sympathetic and polite. If I can avoid flying into this airport in future I certainly will.

New York JFK Airport customer review

We had the most frustrating experience arriving at JFK after a long flight from Sydney Australia. We stood in a horrendously long line for over 1.5 hrs only to get to the front of the line and be shuffled along by airport officials to another long queue where we waited a further 25 minutes. We were tired hot hungry and plain astonished to be subjected to ridiculously long waits at immigration. The booths were only half full and immigration staff painfully slow and disinterested. Customs and immigration dept is a disgrace. The whole experience made for a very negative start to our holiday.