New York JFK Airport

"No communication skills whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disappointed in the manner how the security check is handled. No communication skills, not polite. I had a lotion in my bag which was slightly too big according to the standards. Not a problem, BUT: The security guy was looking for this lotion by taking everything out from my bag. I said to him that I can let him know where it is if he can let me know what he looks for. I was completely ignored. When he found it, I asked him not to touch my personal belongings anymore and I would pack it back myself, he completely ignored me. He stuffed all things back and stepped away. No communication skills whatsoever. How difficult it is to be polite and communicate? On a last note: The Netherlands has already greater systems for scanning, without taking anything out of bags. Liquids are also allowed because they can check through the screens what kind of liquids it is. This makes customer service million times better.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"Will never fly through JFK again"

Trip Verified | Once again, JFK management proves that there is absolutely no concern for their travelling clients. Hundreds of travellers lined up for customs with only two processing agents. Even these left periodically with travellers, leaving nobody to continue processing. 3h in line. When we finally moved through, we entered the security lineup, which kept being held up because there were only 4 agents manning scanners. Meanwhile, customers were being moved ahead as their flights were departing imminently… leaving more of us in our own danger of missing our connections. Total disrespect and disregard for the reality of their customers. Will never fly through JFK again.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"we will avoid JFK at all cost"

Not Verified | When we landed at terminal 4, we were given a gate in terminal 2 for our domestic flight. That’s where we went immediately. Terminal 2 is in terrible condition, with overpriced and disgusting food options. We have traveled extensively. This is our worst food experience. If it was only that, it would not warrant feedback. What really, REALLY got to us is the impromptu change of terminal for our domestic. Flight mid-afternoon, about three hours before departure. We were to move back to terminal four. Once again, we complied without delay, and we were right! 45-50 minutes wait were announced. It took us over an hour. That was so because of the unmanaged merging of two wait lanes to access security checks. Following that, the TSA employee asked to see the kids’ passports (they are both under 11), which has never happened any other place. We have passports for them. Most people do not. Finally, actually getting our belongings on the scanner was a free for all encouraged by the TSA employee. Overall, when at all possible, we will avoid JFK at all cost.

"unhelpful TSA security"

Not Verified | Terminal 8 is by far the worst of all within JFK. The most rude, unprofessional and unhelpful TSA security people I’ve ever come across. After taking my jacket off at security, I then got berated for not wanting to take my jumper off as well (other travelers were not being asked to do the same). I’ll avoid traveling American ever again as clearly customer service at their terminal isn’t important.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"made for a good experience"

Trip Verified | My friend and I came in from traveling from SE Asia and we had packed some duty free items from Dubai airport. Unfortunately, it was not prepared per US airport standards so we needed to shuffle during security to get it into a bag to be checked in. Thankfully Silina from security took her time to safely pack our glass goods and escorted my friend to check the bag in and safely get it wrapped. She was so pleasant to deal with and made for a good experience for traveling 24 hours.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"Terminal 5 is probably one of the worst terminals"

Not Verified | Terminal 5 is probably one of the worst terminals to depart from. The noise level, neon lights and lack of quiet space or comfortable seating area create extremely stressful environment. It doesn’t help that it is populated with inexperienced holiday travelers. Perhaps, JetBlue or terminal management should give more thought to how improve the human experience rather than focus on flashy exterior l. Terminal 5 brings down all the positive aspect of flying with JetBlue. Other JetBlue terminals at BOD, SFO to name a couple are so much better.

"Very rude staff"

Not Verified | Very rude staff. Lack of seating in the departure area, having to sit on the floor for quite a few hours. Would not recommend flying from this airport. Lots of people so it does get busy
Date VisitDecember 2022

"staff rude, lazy and lacking any kind of professionalism"

Trip Verified | I found the departure security staff rude, lazy and lacking any kind of professionalism. They were the worst I have ever experienced. They were extremely slow at dealing with carry on bags that had to be rechecked. It was like they were purposely trying to be slow and annoying. The managers present seemed to encourage this behaviour.

"JFK is a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport/Disappointing airport I arrived on 25 November on a Friday which was the thanksgiving weekend. Common sense will let management know there will be a lot of travelers but as I landed at 5:10am and ended up leaving the line at almost 9:00am. Before I even joined the line at the customs I could overhear a airport personnel shouting at a traveler who was confused as to where the line starts that “this is not a jungle”. Which was very rude in my opinion. The line had at least 800 people in it. The WiFi didn’t work at the airport, it was 9 degrees Celsius outside but I was sweating in the line. The infrastructure looked old and duty and rusty. I was standing the whole 3 hours on just this one line no where to seat down .. they had to pull people who had connecting flight of the line because obviously they were going to miss it. There was just 3 or 4 customs officers working and at an extremely low pace to the extent when one person was finally processed by an officer the crowd gave a sarcastic clap. Simply put JFK is a nightmare and is in need for a serious upgrade especially with its personnel
Date VisitNovember 2022

"they shrugged their shoulders"

Not Verified | We had JFK as a stop over on our way home to California. It was our only option. We have never flown into JFK and did not know the set up and how the terminals are set up. We arrived at terminal 8 with 40 mins to get to our next plane. We had to go to Terminal 5. When we got off the plane, I asked at the ticket area where Terminal 5 was and she said follow green signs to the airtrain and then 2 stops. Ok, great we thought that sounds like no problem. We followed the green signs for 25 mins and then security told us we would have to keep following signs and then go out and back in and go through security again after the airtrain! What? Really. We explained that our next plane was boarding already and they shrugged their shoulders and turned their backs. When I asked before, no one told us we would need to go thru security again. At security, we explained our plane was boarding and we had just gotten off one plane and they just shrugged and laughed and wouldn't help. After another 25 mins in security, we made it to our gate as they were closing the door. Thanks for nothing American and JetBlue!