New York JFK Airport

"No signs giving directions"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. No signs giving directions. If you took the most obvious route out of the baggage recheck area for arriving international flights, you ended up in a terminal where you had to go through security again. This was another nightmare. The place was full of CLEAR staff trying to get you to sign up so you could "skip the line," Okay, that sounds like a good idea. On attempt to sign up, we saw we already were enrolled in CLEAR. They're not going to get a commission or meet their quote with us, so they direct us to an area in the line. Only problem was they wouldn't let us enter the CLEAR line (I'm not sure there even was one as every time I have attempted to utilize this option, I have ended up in the line of cattle on the way to slaughter). The line was endless and no signage indicating the regular line from TSA precheck (which we had printed on our boarding pass). Upon finally arriving at the checkpoint, my traveling companion was severely reprimanded to not being in the precheck line. Believe me, she would have been if there had been one that could have been identified. Simply put, no directions, rude staff, no one in charge to direct traffic and alleviate a crowded situation that could have been lessened by a simple bit of organization and human decency all combined made this one of the most horrible experiences of my life. CLEAR is a joke, JFK is a joke and any travel through this airport has become the number 1 airport in the US to avoid.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"see why this airport is rated so bad"

Not Verified | As we had a package deal it meant that we had a long time to wait in in JFK airport before we could even drop our bags. When we arrived very disappointed to find only desks for checking, no toilets, no shops, nothing. By going down two levels to the arrivals area we located a shop and a dunking donuts and toilets very poor. Once we got thought passport control great choice of stores and places to eat but at airport prices - can see why this airport is rated so bad.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"Terminal 1 for intl departure is awful"

Trip Verified | Terminal 1 for intl departure is awful. Hot stinky cramped. Upon return, helpers at customs are rude, horribly trained and unprofessional. Upon leaving the airport there's at least 20 men inside the terminal soliciting for illegal taxis. I plan to steer clear of New York JFK for the reminder of my intl travel.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"3 hours wait in the immigration"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | 3 hours wait in the immigration. Usually it is slow but this is a low point. Fly into other airports if you have connections. Also no information what so ever. Chaos.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"Profiteering at its best"

Trip Verified | Have been ripped off in the best airports in the world, but JFK take the biscuit, $23 for a bottle of water and a scabby sandwich. Profiteering at its best.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"Shame on you, employees at JFK"

Not Verified | What an awful way to begin a vacation. The employees, from weighing and checking our bags (scan didn’t work!) to having our id’s checked to going through security were nasty, rude, and unpleasant. They purposely mumbled and spoke so low that you couldn’t hear them and when you asked them to repeat they were SO COLD and NASTY. They looked miserable as if they didn’t want to be there. Then leave because you are making everyone else miserable! Robots would have been more pleasant. They barely looked at you and you were treated as sub-human. In contrast, the employees at CHS Airport we’re friendly, kind, and very pleasant. New York has a very bad reputation for being rude and disrespectful and JFK airport gives credence to this. I am ashamed that I live in a state where an airport is so horrific. I will no longer be taking flights from this horror of an airport. JFK employees should be fired and should be replaced with people who are happy and thankful to have a job in this precarious economic state. Shame on you, employees at JFK. You are a DISGRACE!
Date VisitAugust 2022

"going above and beyond the call of duty"

Not Verified | I was picking up my husband from arrivals at New York JFK airport. I was very nervous he wasn't feeling well he has diabetes and the family was concerned that he wasn't going to make it home okay. While I was waiting in front of the b area at terminal 4 I encountered a gentleman named Kenneth Hendricks. This gentleman assisted me in a way that was not only very professional but very compassionate I told him my husband had a pink knapsack and showed him a picture and it took him a little bit but he found my husband asked him if he was okay and brought them to me. Now if that's not going above and beyond the call of duty I don't know what is I do believe Kenneth should be acknowledged for the good service he provided us as customers.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"Worst experience with the security"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Worst experience with the security control I have ever had. It is ok for things to go slow. But the staff were incredibly rude to 60% of the travelers. They expect all travelers to know the rules in and out like they do, which is impossible - especially because the signs with the rules are nok existing, or at least not easy to see. One of the staff were actually shouting to other travelers for not putting their bag correctly. It was actually very uncomfortable and I was not looking forward till it was my turn. Bad management. Bad staff..
Date VisitAugust 2022

"The worst airport to exist"

Not Verified | The worst airport to exist. The staff is unprofessional, extremely rude (after missing our flight to LAX due to there being ONE slow security officer checking passports) and security, we changed our flight 2-3 times due to false information spread by the workers. The staff is so unfriendly, most of them on their phones. Not taking their job seriously, not willing to offer help or guidance, not doing anything at all.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"worst passport check I have ever experienced"

Trip Verified | Consistently the worst passport check I have ever experienced. I fly between London and New York regularly and am consistently met with over 90 minute wait times just to get through passport control. There is normally only one person checking passports. Awful service, awfully run and and frustratingly inefficient.
Date VisitJuly 2022