New York JFK Airport

"There are no restaurants or food service"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Departing from terminal 7 on LOT. Flight delayed 4 hours, must wait 2 hours outside Security until check in. There are no restaurants or food service, one broken vending machine and one filthy restroom.
Date VisitJune 2021

"most importantly he actually found my purse"

Trip Verified | I left my purse on the flight, and ran back to the airport to get it. There was nobody at Delta to help me and I was so scared because all my identification, medications, and my last paycheck were all in that bag. I was desperately looking for help. Then the sweetest man, an agent who checks boarding passes right before TSA, helped me. He was patient, calmed me down, was quick, efficient, and most importantly he actually found my purse. I know I got really lucky because it was the plane's last stop, but if I hadn't come across someone as kind I probably would have never gotten it back. I thank him and everyone who was involved in recuperating my purse from the bottom of my heart. You all could have chosen to take it, steal the contents, or just thrown it in the trash but everybody had a lot of good in them that night.
Date VisitMay 2021

"lack of professionalism should not be excused"

Trip Verified | Worst TSA! Negligent, rude, inefficient, dismissive. The manager of TSA (bearded and in his 50’s) was combative and immature to a point of disbelief. The lack of professionalism should not be excused.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"a horrible horrible experience"

Not Verified | The worst airport ever. All NYC airport staff generally rank low in terms of attitude and manners. It isn’t uncommon to be greeted with a very confrontational service. On this occasion I had booked NYC as a family holiday and left by the end of the week feeling so upset. A woman and man working at security shouted at my and my family completely unnecessarily. They demanded we fold down our pram with my sleeping 1 year old baby in it and then shouted at us to get her out and the to move on immediately whilst other members of staff watched with complete indifference and smiled. It was a horrible horrible experience. They created an unbelievably tense and hostile environment, which the staff almost fed off. It was not the best holiday given an UBER driver demanded $250 after taking us from JFK to our hotel, and the hotel mixed our rooms up (the Maxwell on Lexington Avenue) Leaving 5 of us to share a double room for 5 days. All in all an awful experience made even worse by the airport staff.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"The worst TSA ever"

Not Verified | The worst TSA ever. I was 40 minutes early before doors closing and its took 30 minutes just to get thru the security and when arrived at the door 2 minutes late they wouldn't reopen the door.
Date VisitApril 2020

"the slowest staff ever"

Not Verified | Worst airport I’ve ever arrived into. Huge queues probably due to the slowest staff ever. Despite queues out of the door and we were there for over 2 hours, staff could be seen chatting to each other between customers (not asking for next in line due to talking) and then taking an age to process, the whole time being very unfriendly and downright rude! Worst security checks anywhere.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"security is totally unreasonable"

Not Verified | Terminal 4. The security line set up is totally unreasonable. There is one PreCheck line and no separate "CLEAR" line. The "CLEAR" machine and staff are placed at the front of TSA PreCheck line, allowing CLEAR customers to cut through the PreCheck line. Really? CLEAR has higher priority than PreCheck? If so, TSA should announce it, so people can decide to buy CLEAR instead of PreCheck. I believe the CLEAR machines and staff should be placed at the end of PreCheck line or a separate area away from the PreCheck line, so when they are confirmed CLEAR, they can get in PreCheck line like all the other PreCheck customers. I suspect CLEAR pays TSA or the airport the get their program this unofficial advantage.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"A truly awful introduction to the States"

Not Verified | Dreadful experience! Nearly 3 hour wait with two people at the desks. Humourless and arrogant staff when we were finally ‘processed’ with no hint of apology for the time we had waited. Felt like herded cattle and treated similarly. A truly awful introduction to the States.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"3 hours waiting queue"

(Jordan)

Not Verified | Worst ever arrival immigration process globally. 10h30 am arrival and only one immigration officer for the entire terminal with 3 777 planes. 3 hours waiting queue
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Still currently stood waiting"

Not Verified | Hundreds of people awaiting to get through arrivals security. 3 out of the 12 booths on our side were open, all the rest shut. Still currently stood waiting, it's been over an hour so far.
Date VisitJanuary 2020