Nashville Airport

"Very disappointed and very disrespectful"

Not Verified | I just dropped my Aunt off at the airport to catch her flight. I was parked for 5 min max with my Caution lights on in the terminal. As soon as I unloaded the car and told her goodbye, I got back in the vehicle and the traffic guy (about 60yr old) is yelling at me to move. I said I’m about to move I’m just starting my GPS, which takes 1 min. He then proceeded to come up to my window and yell and tell me “I don’t care what your doing, you can put your GPS on somewhere else. You need to move.” By this point I could’ve been done and gone if he wasn’t causing an issue over me dropping off my relative and only being there for 5 min. I know his job is important. I know it is important to try and keep traffic going so it doesn’t back up. What I don’t agree with is being rude while doing it. Everyone is there to do the same thing. It isn’t going to make things better, or traffic go any faster, by being rude and inconsiderate of others. Very disappointed and very disrespectful. He needs to be written up for this.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Seriously BNA get your act together"

Not Verified | I have flown many times out of BNA never that much of a problem until this last flight, I would have driven to my destination had I known what a mess it is, now don't think I want to fly out of Nashville ever again. I was over 2 hrs early and only made it to the gate with 1 hr to wait. What happened to all the quick places to grab some food? Seriously BNA get your act together.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"on track to reinvent our outdated BNA airport"

Not Verified | In the heart of the South, on track to reinvent our outdated BNA airport. I have a question. Why is there no where to buy a Mountain Dew, Sun Drop, or Mello Yellow? I mean this is the South correct?
Date VisitNovember 2021

"No employees enforced the mask rule"

Not Verified | A lot of people not wearing masks. No employees enforced the mask rule. The food employees were yelling at each other not wearing masks. The employees are rude. The airport is so dirty. I will never come here again.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"there were so many people not wearing masks"

Not Verified | Although there were motivations in place and visible—there were so many people not wearing masks and the airport authority did not seem to care. I brought my own Lysol wipes and glad I did. I tried to sit in a chair but when I wiped it down the cloth showed so much grime and dirt that I ended up standing while I waited to board and I was pretty early. Cleaning crew were standing around talking on their phones while germs are having a field day on every surface of this airport. I live in Nashville and used to fly frequently. However now I’ll be seriously thinking twice about travel!
Date VisitJuly 2021

"I thought I was in a 1970’s low budget film"

Not Verified | I thought I was in a 1970’s low budget film. This place has outdated, smelly, nasty carpet, broken seat and 2 1/2 restaurants. I may be stretching it on the 2 1/2 restaurants but what few restaurants they do have are very poor.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Lack of places to eat"

Not Verified | Infrastructure is poor. Lack of places to eat. Long lines at the few open food vendors. High priced and low quality food. Ugly terminal. No staff available for directions/questions.
Date VisitApril 2021

"the airport is supposed to be prepared for planes to fly!"

Trip Verified | We came to Nashville to visit. There was bad weather when we left, so I can understand that these may be special circumstances. That being said, all flights were cancelled little by little. They kept you in the airport for as long as possible. 1 restaurant that sits probably 30 people, 2 stores that were poorly stocked with disgusting sandwiches, 1 small bar. Al this to serve hundreds of people that are waiting to see if their flights will be cancelled or not. Finally, after 24hrs of being moved around from gate to gate and delayed, they got us on a plane. The pilot explained what led to all the delays and why we are still delayed. The Airport has only 1 Defreezer truck. It can de freeze 1-2 planes then has to go refuel, which takes 2 hrs. So, we were waiting for our turn to be defreezed. After about 20 min, the pilot gave us an update saying that the defreezer has a malfunction and the tech is coming to fix it. A little later, we got an update that said: well, I can see that there is only 1 person loading the luggage’s, so this may take a little while before we can even move the plane. In the meantime, we are still waiting on the update for the defreezer. A few minutes later, the pilot says we just found out that the mechanic is on his way and should be there in about 30 min. Damn. I’m not sure what is going on, but the airport is supposed to be prepared for planes to fly!
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"The cell phone parking lot is a disaster"

Not Verified | The cell phone parking lot is a disaster. Like a bad game of Tetris. I won’t use it again until it’s redone. Alarmist saw two wrecks. It’s necessary to be able to back in to park or you’re out of luck.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"it has never been a good experience"

Not Verified | Lived here over 15 years and this is our home airport traveling at least every 3-4 weeks. We’ve been using this airport for years and it has never been a good experience. Security and parking is fine, even with the construction - no problems other than if you have an early flight give yourself time to park if you need the bus. As far as food options... it’s terrible. The Berry Bistro is the only option on the Southwest terminal side to get any sort of coffee that’s to go other than Starbucks. Starbucks takes over 20 minutes because they are the only ones with reliable options. The Berry Bistro two weeks ago was closed because no staff showed up to work in the am. Today (like 3 other times) they’ve had our order wrong, over charged us and then didn’t have the items they said they did. When we asked for a refund they couldn’t because they didn’t have a manager to approve so they had to get change out of their wallets to refund us. All the other food options in the court area have cold food, even in the warmers, the staff can’t speak English. If your going to expand this airport you need to massively step it up with a manager that can oversee these places and hire people that care to be working for the day not texting on their phones at the register. This airport is WAY behind the eight ball, compared to other similar markets around the country ie., Charlotte, Orlando, West Palm, St Louis. Your expansion plan must include better staffing and food options. Not to mention the one clothing store Fly Babies has had the same clothes for 15 years in the same spot. Update?
Date VisitJanuary 2020