Munich Airport

"Appalling service at Munich airport today"

Not Verified | Appalling service at Munich airport today. After checking in on time and getting through security fine, we then had to wait in a huge queue to go through passport queue. We were unable to go through automatic control because we have a baby. No one from the airport was there to help us and we had to wait in a huge queue with non EU citizens to get through control. It took such a long time we missed a flight we shouldn’t have missed. No one seemed to care. Also at passport control there were only two people working despite the colossal queue. We subsequently missed our easyJet flight (who also were completely unhelpful). Munich used to be a good pleasant and efficient airport but it has lost that completely.

"Used to be a pleasure"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | A metaphor for a country in decline. Used to be a pleasure. Has been a pain for the last couple of years, and getting worse. Takes an hour plus to get through passport control and security. German staff are surly (sorry about the redundancy) and inefficient. To say that Munich airport has come to resemble the Third World would be an insult to the Third World. A metaphor for a country in decline, which has tried and failed to open a new airport in its capital for the past eight years.
Date VisitJune 2019

"extremely spacious, clean, full of light"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | When I thought I would miss my flight, as I would have had 15 minutes to change from a flight arriving from Montreal to a flight leaving for Lisbon, I was pleasantly surprised to see how easy it was to transit. It took me some 10 minutes, including the border crossing. The airport still has an issue with food variety, but it is extremely spacious, clean, full of light.

"would definitely recommend"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | It was great. The queue was good, the terminal signs were helpful, the airport was spotless, we had no sitting, the food was awesome, the shopping was cool, the staff were nice and kind and the wifi was fast. I would definitely recommend this airport.

"clean and organized"

Trip Verified | Airport was clean and organized, and facilities were at or above average compared to other European hubs. The amenities were very good, with plenty of eateries, baggage service, shopping, pharmacy, and more on offer. Security was disorganized. Entering the Shengen departure gates, there was conflicting information with regard to the screening process. Lines were present but not enforced and even many native Germans appeared frustrated but the lack of logic or enforcement of the queues. Many people were told to screen then red teen their luggage forcing them to carry heavy baggage against the flow of traffic, only to be told they didn’t need to do so once they arrived.

"What a nasty change"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I use regularly Munich as a hub, once a month, because Lufthansa has competitive prices to my hometown. In the past these hubs were Frankfurt and Dusseldorf for me. They were perfect. A year ago Lufthansa decided to appoint Munich as a main hub for european operations. What a nasty change. In the last 12 trips I only could take my scheduled connections 2 times. The airport is not prepared for connecting flights. Rarely used fingers, long taxiing bus to terminal, outdated “shuttle” to connect terminals, no fast tracks (every time I run more than 1 km, most of the times with no success), poor service at rebooking desks. The design may be nice but I miss the functionality of Frankfurt.
Date VisitMay 2019

"a once really great airport going downhill"

Trip Verified | This airport has been awarded five stars for quite some time now. Reality however is different: the worst is luggage delivery. It constantly takes at least 30 minutes in terminal 1 (where the aircraft is usually parked no more than 100 metres from the carousel) and more the likes of an hour in terminal 2. In addition to that security lines tend to be long, slow and have grumpy staff. Food prices are outrageous once you have passed security. Sorry to see a once really great airport going downhill.
Date VisitMay 2019

"shocked at how long this took"

Trip Verified | The passport control was perhaps the slowest that I have experienced in about 15 years of travel. I have an EU passport but no EasyPass and my husband has a non EU passport. We arrived from Dublin around 9 am. It took me about 35 minutes to get through the lines and it took my husband another 55 minutes. The booths were not fully staffed. No one in line was complaining so perhaps this is a normal thing. I was shocked at how long this took. We were not asked any questions (although out friends arriving from the US a few days before were asked many questions about their trip and asked to show their return ticket.
Date VisitMay 2019

"took very good care of us"

Trip Verified | At the airport we needed wheel chair assistance for my husband. Karin took very good care of us. He was made comfortable and she got us through check-in, security, and down to the plane very quickly. Also she helped us with check-in at the gate, enabling my husband and I to change seating so as to be together. Very courtesy and professional.
Date VisitApril 2019

"huge queues to enter the country"

Not Verified | On entry to Munich the electronic passport machines were not working efficiently. Therefore huge queues to enter the country. Only 2 desks available. On departure checked in at A told to go through B. We were business class so went in fast track lane. It took 30 minutes. Needs to improve.
Date VisitFebruary 2019