Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport

(Norway)

This is a review of the new Terminal D! New terminal D built by Aeroflot for itself and SkyTeam partners is a great step forward compared to the old terminals of Sheremetyevo. Almost every part of my experience was above the average expectations. However there were some disappointing problems. At the time of my trip terminal navigation signs were somewhat a mess - handmade and quite unclear. Very few cafes or restaurants were actually opened. There seemed to exist no WCs at the general admission areas (check-in zone on the 3rd floor and arrivals waiting area on the 1st floor) - instead one had to spend well some minutes to find its destination on the "technical" 2nd floor. Boarding area for domestic flights was clearly too small for the given number of passengers but OK for 1 hour waiting time. But the most horrible part of all the journey involving Sheremetyevo airport was a transfer from terminal D to terminal F (formerly known as 2). We had to wait for the bus over 40 minutes because the first ones were fully packed by passengers behaving like they were fighting for their very lives. To summarise I have to admit that terminal D is a decent long-expected improvement but SVO and Aeroflot have to do more to reach the level of similar-sized airports like Prague Oslo or Santiago.

Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport customer review

This is the worst airport I have ever visited in my life. Going there to visit relatives I step out of the plane into a brown colored air terminal that has clearly not been updated since Soviet times. I walk to Customs that takes an hour to get to and staff rude unhelpful and know no english. Fortunately the man behind me knew Russian and English so he translated and for reasons I don't know they ask me where I was born. I reply Bandar-Gaz Iran and they pull me aside (even though I came with a US passport) start searching me and take me to the Chief (the only one who knew English apparently) and start asking me ridiculous questions such as my home town my alma mater my affiliations where I got my tickets have I served in any military my university major what countries have I visited in the last six months. When I answer all these questions they deliberate a little longer and check my name on several computers. Finally they let me go after an hour. When I get out I find my family in a mess of people whom security gives no effort to control (they worry about finding terrorists more like people from Iran). Store in Arrivals area is expensive and costs more to get a bottle of water than a Glass of Vodka and cigarettes. Restrooms filthy.

Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport customer review

The annoyance already starts at the immigration control point: endless queues the passport check lasts an eternity the border control staff is unfriendly and incompetent (unable to communicate in English); the services at this airport are unsatisfactory at all points. The restaurants available are extremely expensive and the food offered miserable - my advice: try to avoid SVO for arrival/departure during your trip to Moscow DME (Domodedovo) would definitely be a better alternative.

Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport customer review

Staff in Sheremetyevo Airport mean prices in the stores are high and limited places to eat walk and relax. I had to pay $20 for phone card to call my husband and made only one phone call I talked only 2 minutes and my phone card was expired. I bought a bottle of water for $4 and never opened yet when security throw my water to the garbage. Security went through my baggage and checked each my close and presents that I bought for my family. I didn't like this airport and I hope that I never have to fly through this airport again.

Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport customer review

What a dire airport. No fruit or vegetables in sight. Nothing but Alcohol Cigarettes and perfume. In fact a bottle of water would set you back $7 US compared to a bottle of alcohol costing $4. Ridiculous is the word to use! Full of cigarette smoke. I thought it was illegal to smoke in public places now - not in Moscow Airport obviously.

Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport customer review

Indeed one of the worst airports in the world at least when talking about an international major hub! I hope to see improvements when terminal 3 comes into operation but don't hold your horses on that one - they been promising it for years. The worst thing about this place is the endless waiting just because someone cannot be bothered to do their work! Some survival tips for transfer passengers - don't allow less than 2 hrs for transfers (within the same airline terminal) - ensure you are the first to exit the plane - run for the transfer desk (staffed by one lady and her younger colleague who thinks its more important to chat on her mobile than serve 3 plane loads just arriving) - be polite patient and don't ask questions. Smile a lot! (seriously hard but try). If you need water be prepared to spent 5 Euros for a tiny bottle.

Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport customer review

This is an old dirty and horrible airport. Okay so they are undergoing renovation at the time but the impression is like going back in time to the soviet era! Staff unwilling to make any efforts to help you out - you better have some money because neither one of the two money machines were willing to give out any currency at all! Toilets are filthy only redeeming feature of Sheremetyevo is the new train station across the road - which is still under construction but at least there you find clean modern facilities and new coffee shops and seats to rest in. But otherwise be aware - this is an old battered and run down place! let's hope the renovations will eventually improve some of the most horrible aspects- the toilets!