Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport

"awarded 50% of expenses"

Trip Verified | I had the unfortunate experience of transiting through this airport. The passport control and security scanner issues caused us to miss our flight, we were left to book our own overnight accommodation and flights home the next day. We were careful to gather evidence and recently took the airline to the small claims court for the accommodation, food & flights. We won the case and were awarded 50% of expenses.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"I do not recommend this airport"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | We (travel group) had transit connection in Sheremetyevo on the way from Hanoi to Tel Aviv. We tried to get through "short connection gate" - because our first flight was late. We came to the security check gates: huge crowd (probably several flights were late). All being late people really broke through to get a stamp with the security lady - to pass to screening - with screaming and pushing going on - it was chaos. There was only one security lady and 2 screening machines against the crowd. I do not recommend this airport (for transit at least).

"it's absolutely horrible"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | I never thought I would experience such a horrible transit in an international airport! I had 3 hours for a transit onto another and I just made it to another flight on final call. I saw people that were supposed to be on the same flight but they never made it. I'm not going to repeat what other reviews say about the lines for passport checks, the heat, etc., because it's absolutely horrible! Never again.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Zero attempt from airport staff to organize the chaos"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | The worst airport that I never want to pass through again. This airport makes me never want to visit Russia, a country I always was interested in. International transfer areas are atrocious - at a time of the global Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, hundreds of intl passengers were trying to cram into a single gate for passport control. Zero attempt from airport staff to organize the chaos. The transfer area was unsafe: the proximity was perfect for transmission (ridiculously lax safety measures when compared w/ how other airports try to prevent any outbreaks), and people were suffocatingly close to each other. We were barely moving, cramped next to one another from all four sides, for over two hours. If you miss your flight because of these delays, don't expect Aeroflot to compensate. "That's the airport's problem, not ours," is their standard reply as they ask for your credit card for a new ticket. Don't expect airport staff to be helpful or even kind. They are incompetent and utterly shameless about their incompetence. They view customers as a chore, and don't hide the fact. So ridiculously rude that their attitudes aggravate bad situations. I found one kind staff at an info desk who didn't make me feel bad for asking questions.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"international transfer area is disorganized beyond belief"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | This was our second and definitely last time at this airport. The international transfer area is disorganized beyond belief. The area is inadequately signposed, very congested, there is no queuing system in place and the crowds of passengers are trying to make their way through two/three transit doors (the other four doors are closed) and then there is even more queuing before you reach security check. The staff are incredibly rude and keep shouting at passengers. Nothing has changed within the space of five years! To be avoided at all cost (and if you really have no choice I would suggest allowing plenty of time between flights and a bottle of water).
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"would never come here again"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Wifi is super hard to connect, and will almost guarantee to fail at some point. Stores sell the same stuff again and again. Staff start creating fences around where I sit for some reason without telling me at all, and then they yelled at me because I was sitting inside (not even in proper English. The lady just scream out some Russian words then said "out". How rude!). But the worst thing here is the restrooms. I swear they are the dirtiest of all airports that I have been in (20+, some in third world countries. They all have cleaner restrooms). Overall would never come here again.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"first and last time using this airport"

Trip Verified | Just want to support recent reviews of this airport. Despite the acceptable and good amenities provided at the airport, the immigrations / security check is a total nightmare. The limitations to just two check points with security scanners and multiple cues squeezing into these zones, you can not even speak of queues. This is like in the middle ages with no system nor concept at all, just everyone pushing trying to get to the end of the line while constantly travelers keep jumping them. Although I'm more than happy when inside, this makes it so inconvenient that it is an unacceptable situation for me, definitely first and last time using this airport. Aeroflot can not make the flights into Moscow cheap enough for me to consider Sheremetyevo for transit ever again. Ridiculous really, because this issue could be easily solved with simple measures.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"security checks are appalling"

Trip Verified | So the passport and security checks between transit zones are appalling. Two channels for several hundred arriving passengers means you'll likely miss your connection. As we did, along with many others. Also, don't expect Aeroflot to rebook you a new flight, youll have to do that and pay for it yourself.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"really do not recommend"

Not Verified | This was the worst transfer we had to go through and overall the worst airport we had to go through. The staff, if you can even call it staff, was just rude. As an international airport, how come most of them can't speak a word of English? The queue for the controls for the transit are so long that we almost missed our flight. Staff didn't provide help when needed. We got more help from the airport cleaners than the actual staff. The wifi connection was poor too, which might not seem like a big deal but it can be if you urgently need to contact your family. Smallest problem: No smoking areas I would rather pay 500$ more than going through this madness again. I really do not recommend this "Airport"
Date VisitOctober 2019

"significantly improved"

Trip Verified | I stopped at the Airport Sheremetyevo many times. It is significantly improved in many areas like cleanliness, signs, and service. Still concerned about the WiFi, I could not connect because I don't have Russian Sim Card. I tried to register with my existing SIM card and never received any SMS. No one sells Russian SIMS without Registration in Russia even you have Russian Citizenship. Other countries never ask for any registration to get WIFI. Some phone services try to get money from passengers and provide free WIFI service. Another issue is cleanliness and availability of restrooms in terminal D. Toilet cleanliness and access are more important aspects for people who travel. Currency exchange at the airport has unfavorable rates and you have to go somewhere else to exchange currency.
Date VisitOctober 2019