Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport

"spacious and clean"

Trip Verified | Airport is spacious and clean. Flight from Paris deplaned via a jetway. Bathrooms are clean. Passage through passport and customs control involved a queuing wait of less than 10 minutes. The passport officer (very Russian) never smiled, but she was efficient and in no way discourteous. Little seating for a pickup in the arrival area. Moderate collection of shops in arrival area to buy food or a souvenir.

"communication is needed"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I did it all at Sheremetyevo: arrived, departed but also transited. Terminal B is really nice, so is E and most of D. Shops aplenty, restaurants too. However the amazing thing is having the two bathrooms being cleaned at the same time in the same terminal can happen. I saw it happening and it shouldn’t! Terminals F and the very end of D are places I would like to forget: crammed, overcrowded, narrow. In general, the airport was clean, wifi is accessible and mostly reliable, there are these chairs facing the planes you can lie on but I don’t understand why the electricity plugs are at certain places only, away from chairs! Security needs people that speak some more English (which is not even my language), but when there are situations needing solutions, communication is needed.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Signs are easy and everywhere"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Signs are easy and everywhere, but the people mover between terminals can get very busy and crammed with people and luggage. Not a good feeling. (I had submitted an initial review, but am adding this bit).
Date VisitAugust 2019

"worst airport I ever seen"

Trip Verified | Honestly, the worst airport I ever seen. First, no matter your flight time you gotta wait in a huge queue with all other airport flight passengers. Is better you arrive 3 hours in advance. The toilet is located on the 2nd floor quite far away from the check in. The staff is not nice.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"prepare well for the trip"

Trip Verified | I visited Sheremetyevo International Airport for the first time since the new Terminal B was opened and I must say Terminal B has international cleanliness and allure. Also the connection between Terminals D, E, F on the one hand and Terminal B on the other is excellent, via an inter-metro, 24 hours per day. My advice to travelers is to prepare well for the trip, visiting the Sheremetyevo online site and maps, and to view some video’s on YouTube as well.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"no wheelchair at all"

Not Verified | We missed our connecting Aeroflot flight to Delhi by a few minutes because our Aeroflot flight from Athens arrived a few minutes late. There started the harassment. I had requested a wheelchair for the transfers in both directions. The outward transit had worked well and wheelchair service was provided. On the return leg however, no wheelchair at all. When I asked the young clerk at the transit desk about why my wheelchair was not there, he said, "I do not work for the wheelchair company". When I requested him to remind about it, he said, "I am doing some work, do not disturb me." The next flight to Delhi was after 17 hours. We were made to sit 4 hours on hard steel chairs till they decided whether we should be permitted a hotel for the night. Eventually, a hotel was arranged but right through we were treated as a bunch of suspected terrorists being marched off to a Soviet Era Gulag. It appears there are stringent laws against smiling or being pleasant to customers at this airport. Everyone behaved as curtly and as roughly as possible. The next morning, I a wheelchair passenger had to climb several high flights of steps and walk a considerable distance to reach the departure area. I was so keen to quit this torture station that I managed it somehow. Such a shame that spending any time at this airport is such a harrowing experience. In flight, Aeroflot is good and can boast of good food and service.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Helpful staff"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Lots of shops bars and restaurants. Helpful staff. Queue at passport control maybe long or very short (direct pass) depending on time. Have traveled more than 30 times to/from this airport.
Date VisitApril 2019

"had to walk for 30 minutes"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | The plane was parked very far from the terminal and we had to wait a long time for the bus. We had a connection and we had to walk through 3 terminals for 30 minutes. It’s not clear the procedure to connect to the wifi. At the info point there is a queue 20 meters long.

"they lost our luggage"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | After the flight we were in a filthy corridor for nearly 2 hours waiting to have our passports checked. The staff in the stores would rather gossip with each other than let you buy stuff. To top it off they lost our luggage.

"I am not impressed"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | That anybody gets to anywhere on time via this airport is beyond me. Here you have to go through several passport controls as well as security fo no reason at all, as you are in transit! If you want to buy something in one of the many shops, restaurants or small bars, be prepared that this will happen in Russian! Surprisingly only very few speak English, but then you get really bad service instead. I am not impressed!