Montréal Airport

"feel there is a scam going on"

Not Verified | I feel there is a scam going on there at the duty free shop. I bought some items and when I went to pay for it, the young woman spent a time counting out the notes. She did it three times and could see I was watching. She then claimed I gave her $120 instead of $140 and wanted another $20. I told her I gave her 7 $20 bills and watched her count them. She acted sheepish and then said I was right. About 20 minutes later, I went to pay for something else. I handed the cashier 2 x $20’s and a $5 and asked her to charge the rest on my credit card. When I checked the receipt, she only credited me $25 of the $45 I gave her in cash. I called her out on it, and she gave me back my one $20. It just seems too much of a co-incidence that this happened with two different cashiers. The first cashier was not there when I paid the second time. I then walked up to an officer in uniform and reported it, and while I was doing so, the cashier stopped serving customers and was watching me report the issue. The officer said he was with customs and he was the incorrect person to report it to and that I should speak to a manager. I felt uncomfortable as I was being watched continuously by the cashier. It has been bugging me ever since. Hopefully the right person sees this. It was an Air Canada terminal in the 600’s and the flight was to Los Angeles.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Disgustingly hot"

Not Verified | Terrible. Disgustingly hot - absolutely zero air flow let alone cool air. And, no toilet paper in bathroom and no hooks to hang bag on which was critical being that the entire floor around toilet was wet. Felt like I was in a developing country. Awful.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"must be the slowest luggage service"

Not Verified | While the airport is run smoothly this must be the slowest luggage service I have seen. We waited 40 minutes for our luggage and this is not the first time it happens. This is a recurrent problem.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"downside of this airport is the wi-fi"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Arriving at the airport is not a problem. The border can be a bit overwhelming, but does not take long. Departing is not a problem either, but some check-in areas are a bit confusing, being in corners (such as Lufthansa's). Unless if you fly to the States, where I had the quietest check-in in my life! The downside of this airport is the wi-fi. It seems that we need to keep connecting, even if are connected with no issues! Also, it was not very clean and I saw some very full bins. Interestingly enough, when looking at the departing details, the big screen stops, shows adds, and then shows the info again. It does have a very good variety of food options, though.
Date VisitJune 2019

"there are always problems"

Trip Verified | I have family living across Canada, France and Dubai so I travel a lot to visit them. Over the past years it seems that most if not all of my travel problems occurred at this airport. Lost luggage, late for connecting flights. My latest problem occuring on my trip back to Toronto from France with a stop at Montreal this April. I landed 15 minutes before my next flight which gave me just enough time to go through customs, I also had some french saucisson (shelf stable, fermented, ready to eat, cooked, with no required storage temperature processed pork sausage meat) I declared (which are perfectly legal as I checked thoroughly on the government’s Automated Import Reference System) as I did for every past flight coming back to Canada with such products. The customs officer kept arguing that all meat products outside the USA are forbidden from being brought into the country, even after a full explanation of the law of references for her to check, called me a liar and that any previous experiences I had of bringing these products into the country where done illegally, although every time the products were checked extensively by the previous customs officers and allowed into the country, the saucisson is now in a trash bin fault of having time to argue before my next flight. I’ll never use Montreal airport for any future flights, there are always problems and this time was just the final straw.
Date VisitApril 2019

"it's very efficient"

Trip Verified | Montreal airport is a relatively small airport and it's very efficient. However, it is very important for passengers to know that the public transportation from the airport to downtown is overly expensive. A bus ride will cost you $10 and more importantly the driver will only accept coins. It's very expensive compare to other airport such as Toronto Pearson that ask $3.50.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Inefficient"

Trip Verified | Inefficient. Just making a connection from Lima to Toronto, arrived at 11.25 am via Air Canada, so far it is 12.25 and together with at least 100 persons I am waiting for my luggage. They say 'technical problems' and I can see all is working, around 159 pieces of baggage were delivered. Have a risk of losing my connection flight.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"washrooms are dirty"

Trip Verified | I was connecting a flight to Toronto so I have to stay in this airport for a few hours in the middle of the night. There was not much food choices. The facility is dated, seats in the sitting areas are ripped, washrooms are dirty, signs are not clear and the inspection crews are rude and clueless. The WiFi is slow and unstable, so I decided to use my data but the LTE reception is poor and some areas only 3G. The only good thing is the ground staffs are nice.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"efficient and professional staff"

Trip Verified | Bon aéroport, beaucoup de boutiques et de points pour manger et boire, facile de si retrouver, personnel efficace et professionnel sauf de la sécurité qui traite simplement les voyageurs comme des animaux, gros point faible de l’aéroport, hurlant et vociférant comme des malades mentaux. Cela gâche tout. - Good airport, lots of shops and points to eat and drink, easy to find, efficient and professional staff except security that simply treats travelers like animals, big weak point of the airport. It ruins everything.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"All in all a good process"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | A very fast process through Canada customs using the eDeclaration system flying from Turkey. I was through customs in about 10 minutes, the kiosks are very good. Baggage came through quick enough and into the general airport. Into the parking garage across the street from the terminal in a snowstorm, Budget car rental was expecting me as I had a reservation. Quickly received my rental car and went directly to the Aloft hotel located on the airport property for a room I had reserved. All in all a good process. Same leaving to go back to Turkey, for a 22:15 departure, no problem with checking in with Turkish, quickly done and then through security which hardly had any lineup, about 10 minutes to clear it. Into the International departure area and flight was boarded efficiently and we departed onetime. A good experience.
Date VisitNovember 2018