Montréal Airport

"downside of this airport is the wi-fi"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Arriving at the airport is not a problem. The border can be a bit overwhelming, but does not take long. Departing is not a problem either, but some check-in areas are a bit confusing, being in corners (such as Lufthansa's). Unless if you fly to the States, where I had the quietest check-in in my life! The downside of this airport is the wi-fi. It seems that we need to keep connecting, even if are connected with no issues! Also, it was not very clean and I saw some very full bins. Interestingly enough, when looking at the departing details, the big screen stops, shows adds, and then shows the info again. It does have a very good variety of food options, though.
Date VisitJune 2019

"there are always problems"

Trip Verified | I have family living across Canada, France and Dubai so I travel a lot to visit them. Over the past years it seems that most if not all of my travel problems occurred at this airport. Lost luggage, late for connecting flights. My latest problem occuring on my trip back to Toronto from France with a stop at Montreal this April. I landed 15 minutes before my next flight which gave me just enough time to go through customs, I also had some french saucisson (shelf stable, fermented, ready to eat, cooked, with no required storage temperature processed pork sausage meat) I declared (which are perfectly legal as I checked thoroughly on the government’s Automated Import Reference System) as I did for every past flight coming back to Canada with such products. The customs officer kept arguing that all meat products outside the USA are forbidden from being brought into the country, even after a full explanation of the law of references for her to check, called me a liar and that any previous experiences I had of bringing these products into the country where done illegally, although every time the products were checked extensively by the previous customs officers and allowed into the country, the saucisson is now in a trash bin fault of having time to argue before my next flight. I’ll never use Montreal airport for any future flights, there are always problems and this time was just the final straw.
Date VisitApril 2019

"it's very efficient"

Trip Verified | Montreal airport is a relatively small airport and it's very efficient. However, it is very important for passengers to know that the public transportation from the airport to downtown is overly expensive. A bus ride will cost you $10 and more importantly the driver will only accept coins. It's very expensive compare to other airport such as Toronto Pearson that ask $3.50.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Inefficient"

Trip Verified | Inefficient. Just making a connection from Lima to Toronto, arrived at 11.25 am via Air Canada, so far it is 12.25 and together with at least 100 persons I am waiting for my luggage. They say 'technical problems' and I can see all is working, around 159 pieces of baggage were delivered. Have a risk of losing my connection flight.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"washrooms are dirty"

Trip Verified | I was connecting a flight to Toronto so I have to stay in this airport for a few hours in the middle of the night. There was not much food choices. The facility is dated, seats in the sitting areas are ripped, washrooms are dirty, signs are not clear and the inspection crews are rude and clueless. The WiFi is slow and unstable, so I decided to use my data but the LTE reception is poor and some areas only 3G. The only good thing is the ground staffs are nice.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"efficient and professional staff"

Trip Verified | Bon aéroport, beaucoup de boutiques et de points pour manger et boire, facile de si retrouver, personnel efficace et professionnel sauf de la sécurité qui traite simplement les voyageurs comme des animaux, gros point faible de l’aéroport, hurlant et vociférant comme des malades mentaux. Cela gâche tout. - Good airport, lots of shops and points to eat and drink, easy to find, efficient and professional staff except security that simply treats travelers like animals, big weak point of the airport. It ruins everything.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"All in all a good process"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | A very fast process through Canada customs using the eDeclaration system flying from Turkey. I was through customs in about 10 minutes, the kiosks are very good. Baggage came through quick enough and into the general airport. Into the parking garage across the street from the terminal in a snowstorm, Budget car rental was expecting me as I had a reservation. Quickly received my rental car and went directly to the Aloft hotel located on the airport property for a room I had reserved. All in all a good process. Same leaving to go back to Turkey, for a 22:15 departure, no problem with checking in with Turkish, quickly done and then through security which hardly had any lineup, about 10 minutes to clear it. Into the International departure area and flight was boarded efficiently and we departed onetime. A good experience.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"staff are the rudest"

Not Verified | Worst airport I've ever been to in my life solely because of the staff. Almost every staff member I encountered was so rude. Once I departed my plane and entered this airport my family went to a nearby bathroom. My sister and I were waiting for my dad to come out of the bathroom so we sat on the seating outside of the bathroom where some concierge man was also waiting. This man rudely asked my sister and me, "the reason we were sitting there" and said, "this is not a place you can lounge around in, you need to move onto customs." I explained that we were waiting for my dad to exit the bathroom. He waited a few minutes and then told us we couldn't sit there. We left and got separated from our dad who had our passports and could not locate him. I was so appalled that this worker would tell me, a 20-year-old girl, and my younger sister who was 15 that we could not sit in airport seating. It was not a specially designated area, but just a bench outside the bathroom. We had similar interactions with the rest of the staff members we encountered. I would warn any people who unfortunately have to visit this airport that the staff are the rudest out of the dozens of airports I've been to. I do not understand why these people would go into the service industry when they clearly do not know how to interact with people in a decent and respectful manner. I will be avoiding this airport as much as possible.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"lack of professional etiquette"

Trip Verified | There was a bitter woman at customs who went on a power trip today and took me to a back room because I had forgotten about a banana in my purse. She yelled at me and behaved rudely. I fly internationally on a regular basis and was only in Montreal for five days for a conference. I enjoyed the city but this experience and this woman’s lack of professional etiquette was the worst I’ve witnessed. It certainly causes me to be less interested in coming back. I was greatful that another couple was in that back room with me. They wisely recommended I quickly eat my banana which I did, especially since I had to wait a long time and was disallowed use of my cell phone. How do you expect to increase tourism/business if you treat me like this for a banana?
Date VisitOctober 2018

"airport is one of the worst"

(Greece)

Not Verified | This airport is one of the worst I have ever been in my life. The WiFi is extremely slow almost non existent, the washing rooms are such few that it is almost impossible not to find queues. Very stressful especially if you have only an hour and a half for transit and need to use WiFi to communicate before departure.
Date VisitJuly 2018