Minneapolis St Paul Airport

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

In a nutshell never take a connection flight to this airport without leaving at least 2 hours in between connections or else you will have to due a little workout in the airport just to get from one terminal to the other while looking at the watch and crossing fingers. And if you miss your flight you will have to beg Delta airlines to rebook you that's of course if you find someone in the terminal to rebook you. Just imagine a large gym with people sprinting all over and there you have it Minneapolis airport.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

I have been quite satisfied with my experiences at MSP. I must agree that some of the concourses (C especially) seem quite long but it never hurt anyone to walk a little bit (there are moving sidewalks for a good part of the C concourse anyway if walking isn't your thing). The signage within the airport is quite good and it is a very clean airport. Can't say much about the retail options as I've never understood shopping at airports. I feel the food options are rather good. Others have pointed out the fact that it can be a bit pricey to fly out of MSP but I have found there to be much fewer delays at MSP than at O'Hare. It's nice to have the non-stop options that Delta provides. The three daily non-stops to Amsterdam are wonderful for connecting to many cities in Europe.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

The size of MSP and the length of some concourses (especially G and C) are rightly (in)famous; there is however a little-known way for departing passengers to deal with this. There is a pedestrian bridge between Concourses G and C over the access road; the middle of this bridge can be accessed directly from the Red and Blue parking ramps. Security and check-in can be done here but baggage check cannot be. NOTE: Only Northwest/Delta passengers can check in here. It would be possible for arriving passengers to leave security here and then take the tram from the parking ramps to the main terminal to pick up baggage but whether this would be faster than walking the concourses I cannot say.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

Checked in around midday for a late afternoon NWA flight. No crowds fast simple kiosk check in and very helpful bag drop lady. Only one place to eat landside so decided to go thru security (quick easy and pleasant) and find a restaurant/fast food outlet. Plenty of places to eat and drink airside. It is a deceptively big airport and some gates involve a long walk. But there are plenty of moving footways and an electric cart pick up service at specific points around the concourses. Signage was clear departure info everywhere toilets clean plenty of empty gate lounges to 'get away' from the throng for a while. Some gates become quite crowded just before departures. Pleasant experience overall.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

The airport is aesthetically beautiful but it is not set up for easy access to other concourses/gates and baggage this is especially true for those on small commuter planes that use the B and C concourses. After flying packed like sardines in planes not designed to accomodate anyone over 5'5" and 150"s you then have to walk from what feels like downtown St. Paul to get to the main concourse. If you need to go to another concourse you are hopeful that you have the time or are phsyically able to do so. The main point of this is don't ever count on the Tram on Concourse C to be working. In the last 4 months the times I have flown which is often I have been able to use the tram 3 times. Landing yesterday 4-16-2009 at gate B 13 I found out that it will be down for at least 10 days to replace the cable sytem. Which is wonderful if it was well used and several years old but it is less than 5 years old I believe! Again if you are training for a marathon you will love the airport. If not be prepared to walk or if late run!

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

What makes MSP not bad is security always moves fast no matter how crowded. All the check in counters are within one roof and the concourse are connected which means no need to take any trams (although that option is still there if you dont want to walk a whole lot). It is spacious than most of the airport I have been to like Phoenix Vegas LAX etc. Shops are decent. Baggage are is not all that posh but not dirty either. You can pick up your bag without much hassel and be on your way. The best part is the ground transportation. You have light rail that you can take.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

Travelling from Canada to Europe via Minneapolis/St. Paul was less trouble than experienced. Outbound most Canadian passengers can take advantage of U.S. Customs and Immigration pre-clearance which is a fairly painless experience at smaller airports such as Winnipeg and go straight to their connecting flight on arrival. Clearing U.S. Customs and Immigration on the way back to Canada was a breeze at MSP thanks to short lineups and affable staff. There's a good selection of airside stores and restaurants too. Ubiquitous TVs tuned in to CNN are a mixed blessing: they just add to the din at a crowded gate but if you can find an empty gate you can stretch out relax and watch the news while waiting for your connecting flight.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

This has been my home airport for several years. Downsides: size (I suggest at least 60 minutes between flights) price (Northwest's fault not the airport) lack of airside transportation between terminals and not enough shops/food landside. Also the baggage claims are old and can easily back up (I heard recently that they will be replaced in the near future). Now for the good parts. Plenty of diverse reasonably priced shopping and food airside and clear signage throughout. The Customs/Immigration staff while not overly friendly were very professional and reasonably quick. Also I have never seen security or (Northwest) bag check lines longer than 10-15 minutes). There is an easy fast light-rail connection to/from downtown Minneapolis. There is also a separate underground tram from the parking ramps to the terminal eliminating the need to carry your bags outside. The entire facility is clean and well-lit. For those with a 2-3 hour layover there is a little-known observation tower in Concourse D (go to the block in the center of the concourse and all the way up the stairs) which is usually uncrowded and a very nice place to relax. Overall it can be large and expensive but it is otherwise redeemed by atmosphere and ease of use.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

I had a connection flight through MSP to Mason City IA a city served with only three daily flights. Even though I had arrived some 15 minutes late inbound from Newark I still assumed I had enough time to make my connection flight. That was until MSP came into play. I had originally had approximately 45 minutes to connect flights and even with the 15 minute inbound delay it still left me (and my older aunt who was traveling with me) 30 minutes to go from one gate to the other. I took off in a rather fast-pace walking from one gate to another following the overhead signs to my connection terminal. Following the directional signs it took me nearly 20 minutes to walk between my two gates mind you walking at the pace of a 20-some year old sprinting at times once I kept looking at my watch. In the end I arrived at my connection-departure gate 5 minutes prior to departure the departure door had already been closed and I missed my connection flight. In a nutshell MSP is a much much too spread out airport which makes a connection of less than 90 minutes nearly impossible. As a result of this I will never be booking a flight that offers a connection though MSP again. I will happily pay extra to avoid this airport.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

A clean and friendly airport with lots of shops for all your needs and plenty of seating area. Plenty of nearby gates for eating while you hang around. There is a family room here too for resting up where there are children travelling. If they had seating without arms that you could lay out on as they do at Gatwick they would warrant a 5 star. Distances between gates sometimes are extensive but there are carts floating around for your help too.