Minneapolis St Paul Airport

"Extremely chaotic TSA screening"

Trip Verified | Extremely chaotic TSA screening. An agent rushing through the queue ran over my ankle with a wheel chair. After passing through scanner. My Carry on was flagged, along with several others - suddenly there was a back log of 4 passengers waiting for an agent to go through our carry on bags and no agents around. Passengers were scrambling, looking for lost items. It felt like a surreal B movie. Next time I fly, I will choose a different time of day. Ps, my blueberry jam in a sealed jar was confiscated and thrown away. Wasteful, shameful, and worse, the TSA canine unit was making us walk like a military rank. I am speechless at the hypocrisy of this country..
Date VisitAugust 2019

"disappointing traveling experience"

Trip Verified | I was returning from vacation with my husband and 2 kids from Cancún. When we arrived at 7:21pm at the airport and registered at the kiosk Delta agent told us to go to the left line where the line was very long and foreigners with non-us passport were standing. We were last in the line and the line was not moving. I saw everyone else from our plane were on the other line and were already checked out and got their luggage and we were still standing at the end of the line with about 40 people in front of us. When I asked one of the Delta agents and told her there must be some kind of a mistake cause we’ve been waiting for more than an hour and everyone else from our flight is on the other line she told me it’s because my husband has a foreign passport and because it has an x written on it so we have to stay in that line. I told her we’re family of 4 and my 2 kids and i have us passports but she said we have to stay in that line and wait. I was so upset because of the long wait, I was sick, and the fact we had to drive back home to Fargo which is 4 hours away from Minneapolis but no one seemed to care even when I physically walked over to the security guard and told him about our situation he told me rudely to go back to my family and wait. When everyone finally left and we came to check out the agent was so rude to me and told me to complain to his boss who was by the way a nice gentleman and when i explained to him that we live in States and my two kids and I have passports and my husband has his Bosnian passport and a green card he then asked if we have shown the Delta agent his green card. I said we didn’t because we were never asked for it. He then said that Delta agent should’ve sent us to the faster line because my husband had sufficient docs. He aldo said that I can complain to Delta supervisor at the front with the red suit on. I saw the lady and when asked if she’s a delta supervisor and she said yes I explained what had happened and why I’m upset. She very calmly said sorry but that her agents are fully trained. It wad pretty clear to me then that she wasn’t interested in my story or that she cared, let alone admit the fault. This was by far the most humiliating and disappointing traveling experience ever!!!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"So unorganized"

Not Verified | Poor signage everywhere. The highways under construction made finding rental car return impossible. 2 Hertz car locations? Who knew? Escalators and elevators taped off for repair and no signage to redirect traffic flow. So unorganized!
Date VisitJune 2019

"no carts for luggage anywhere"

Not Verified | Had to walk a mile to gate and no carts for luggage anywhere, until I reached my gate. Oh and then you stick people and drain them for money. I travel the world and all airports have carts and I've never paid. I think this is tacky and low class. And no shuttle and if there are shuttles they told us to walk and I'm not happy!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"spacious, has shops and restaurants"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The airport is spacious, has shops and restaurants (although I could only find a tiny money exchange stall after being pointed to it by the Information Desk, which sits hidden behind a wall!), security is the same as in any other US airport (queues, people that take their jewelry box around their necks, etc).
Date VisitJune 2019

"so grateful for the help"

Trip Verified | I don't often write reviews but I would be ungrateful if I didn't thank one of the wonderful employees who helped us yesterday, Tuesday, May 21, 2019. We flew out of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport yesterday morning. We had a 6:50 am flight and arrived to return our rental car at 5:20. When we entered Terminal 1 we were shocked to see the security lines running both directions down the center of the terminal. One line had even doubled back on itself. I have never seen such long lines at any airport! (I hope it was due to bad weather the past few days and the need to reschedule people who missed flights but the security line would have taken at least 1 1/2 hours to get through) My husband and I have pre-check but my elderly parents ( early to late 80's) did not so he went through to our gate to make sure he could catch the flight for work while I stayed in the security line to help them. The line was moving very slowly and I became concerned that we might be in the wrong line. I asked a security officer near me if indeed I was headed in the right direction and expressed my concern that we would miss our flight. He said I was in the correct line and asked if I possibly had pre-check. I explained that I did but my parents didn't and that I needed to stay to help them through security and on the flight. He kindly had us follow him to another line where we were able to get through security as our flight was continuing the boarding process. We were able to grab a courtesy cart, as our gate was a long walk from the security checkpoint. We arrived at our gate just as boarding was finishing. I am so grateful for the help.
Date VisitMay 2019

"disgustingly dirty ladies restroom"

Trip Verified | I flew into and out of the Minneapolis airport traveling between Phoenix, Arizona and Madison, Wisconsin. I was appalled to experience such a disgustingly dirty ladies restroom in Minneapolis! The stalls had either no toilet tissue or barely any, with only the last remains of a role in a few. There were no hand towels in the dispensers and just one paper towel role setting on the wet sink counter. Plus, there was a good amount of water on the floor. Such a contrast to the beautiful, pristine bathrooms of the Phoenix airport! Management needs to seriously look at this problem. Left me with a poor impression of this airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"little to nothing I could eat"

Not Verified | I can usually count on being able to eat something at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport; however, the two restaurants that serve vegan dishes or will accommodate to make a vegan dish were not offering vegan dishes. Therefore, there was little to nothing I could eat. I was left spending $10 for a dried bagel that was clearly made a week ago.
Date VisitMay 2019

"careless personnel at this airport"

Trip Verified | My entire check-in baggage was lost at this airport! I was flying next to Rochester from this airport and had no luggage with me! Such careless personnel at this airport! Would try my best to avoid this airport now on.
Date VisitApril 2019

"love this terminal"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis St Paul Terminal 2. I love this terminal, it is simple, easy and although it does not have the space of Terminal 1 or all of the amenities, it is a breeze. At MSP, Terminal 2 was added as an expansion and it has since been expanded to 14 gates and it is essentially a large hallway with very simple parking and a few restaurants. The terminal is small but that is also it's best appeal, it is so easy to navigate and spend time in. I have been through domestic and international departures and arrivals and it has just been easy, the way it should be. Parking is simple, one of two ramps, Orange or Purple, park your vehicle, walk across the skyway and you are in. If you are on the side with security open, you just walk into security if you do not need to check a bag and you already have your ticket. Once you are through security, find your gate (not that hard, there are only 14 of them) and go get something to eat. The food is good and mostly local to Minneapolis but be aware that the airport's amenities do not open until 5am, the restaurants open later than that. I ran into this problem with an early Sun Country flight to Cancun. Arrival is pretty much just as easy, you'll be in the airport just long enough to get your bags and a cup of coffee and then walk across the skyway and get in your car. Sun Country and Southwest are the primary carriers out of Terminal 2 and there are a few others as well. I do wish Delta would have a few flights out of this terminal, it would make things much easier for some passengers.
Date VisitOctober 2018