Milwaukee Airport

"cannot say enough positive things about the staff"

Trip Verified | I cannot say enough positive things about the staff at the Delta part of this airport. I had badly hurt my knee at Logan and I was to have a wheelchair to take me up the ramp to the luggage return. When I got to the walkway there was no wheelchair. The flight attendant called to the desk who apologized and said they would get one to me asap. Within a minute, literally, the manager on duty was there beside me. He was absolutely wonderful! He was on the walkie talkie, tried to help me get up the ramp some and we both gave up. The flight attendants and even the pilot were attempting to help me get to the terminal. Finally biting the bullet, the manager got me up there just in time for another young man to arrive with the wheelchair. He was sweet, friendly and so very helpful. We had an Uber coming and he got our luggage and took us to wait for the Uber. These men and women are to be commended for their kindness and dedication to the passengers! Kudos to all!
Date VisitOctober 2020

"great airport to spend a couple of hours"

Milwaukee is a great airport to spend a couple of hours in. Decent food selection, a great in-terminal aviation museum and the most incredible airport (used) bookstore I've experienced. Wish I had brought another carry-on bag as I could have filled the thing with all the great books at reasonable prices I wanted to buy.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"clean, friendly well-run airport"

BOS-MKE. I have flown to and from Mitchell countless times. I grew up in Milwaukee and moved back here in June. I agree with other reviewers that it is a clean, friendly well-run airport. What stuck in my mind was how swiftly and well the baggage is handled. I flew Southwest and sat fairly far forward in the cabin, walked directly to the baggage claim area, and by the time I arrived, my baggage was already on the carousel. This is something of a record in all of the flights I have experienced over the past few years (at the other end is Copenhagen Kastrup in July, where I waited close to 45 minutes for the baggage to arrive, with my own valise arriving some 10 minutes later). There is also a rapid bus to downtown, with the stop now just outside the baggage claim area, now that renovations of that area are completed. There are also a couple of good Bartolotta restaurants on the concourses (Piccolo Pizzeria and Nonna Bartolotta's), which I have enjoyed on previous departures. All in all, Mitchell is an excellent airport. Now, all they need is more non-stop flights.
Date VisitJune 2015

Milwaukee Airport customer review

Big enough to serve all of your needs yet small enough and easy enough to get in and out of. What a contrast when compared to Kansas City and Atlanta where my journey originated. They have a children's play area, great local restaurants, beers, coffee etc. It is about the same airfare to fly into Milwaukee often times as it is to fly into Chicago with a lot less hassle.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Milwaukee Airport customer review

Loved flying into Milwaukee. We flew in from DC with AirTran to attend our daughters naval bootcamp graduation and what an excellent airport. It was a short 40 minute drive to North Chicago. We even loved the enterprise rental car pick-up/drop-off. I highly recommend this airport.

Milwaukee Airport customer review

General Mitchell is a breath of a fresh air. It's clean friendly and efficient. There's actually a classy little used book store and a museum full of model planes and blimps and whatnot. If you get lost it is your fault my friend. The whole place is like one of the models in the museum - accurate well labeled and miniature. Everything is right in front of you. There's an Amtrak station a block away - 90 minutes and $24 to get to Union Station in Chicago is hard to beat. This airport is tiny but it's the easiest one I've ever dealt with.

Milwaukee Airport customer review

This is possibly one of the nicest airports I've flown through. Staff were amiable the terminals were clean and well-maintained and everything was well-marked. Security was a breeze and the baggage claim system is both swift and efficient compared to other airports.

Milwaukee Airport customer review

One of my favorite airports to make a connection through. I've flown through MKE maybe 30 times or so and never have had to wait in a line to go through security. There is also a very nice bookstore decent food options nice play areas for kids and an aviation museum. The airport is also fairly stress free for making connections.

Milwaukee Airport customer review

I had a 3-hour connection here I thought I'd be bored to death-- but a great used bookstore and air museum within the terminal. There was someone playing Christmas music on a piano good ambiance. All three of these are very unique and made the stay pleasant. Certainly a hell of a lot better than connecting through say O'Hare! Concourses have a higher-than-average amount of waiting space and I found them quieter than the normal airport.

Milwaukee Airport customer review

Milwaukee is a great airport - unfortunately I won't be flying through it anymore since Republic/Frontier purchased Midwest and I refuse to fly with Republic/Frontier. That said MKE is compact but all the corridors and seating areas are spacious. A good choice of restaurants and shops; the used bookstore is great! Enjoy a Usinger's sausage if you're hungry. I don't like the ubiquitous loud TVs that you can't escape from. No peace!