Milan Malpensa Airport

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

I know that the bus to terminal drives me silly and the customs queues are long but yet this huge airport has lots of space great shopping and good road access. It is also very clean compared to many world airports. I feel very safe inside that airport.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

For a city known as "the fashion/design capital of the world" recently-built Malpensa is a bad joke. The terminal looks like a tackily revamped bus station.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

I have to agree with several comments posted before mine. Once you leave the aircraft at Malpensa you are normally faced with quite a long queue at the passport control. Most of the lines are closed and there is a big confusion as nobody is following the division between EU and non-EU nationals. The baggage delivery has improved a lot in the last year and is now acceptable. The problem comes when you have to reach Milan or worse another town in the area. Taxis will charge you incredible fares better stick to buses or trains. The problem is the time you will need to get to town (45 minutes to 1 hour). Check-in facilities are poor unless you have to leave for the States UK or Israel. In that case the airport is using some safe-check in desks at the very end of the terminal. The strange thing is that once you've checked your luggage you have to exit the safe area and walk all the way back to the main terminal in order to enter the departure area from the usual entrance. It's quite a long walk. The terminal itself is not very nice but at least it's easy to find your way trough it. Restaurants and bars are not first class but are acceptably comfortable.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

I agree with the previous comments. Malpensa although recently built has an old fashioned interior and looks like a high class third world airport - rather than a world class European airport. What a waste of money.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

I had to use Malpensa to get a connection flight to Athens during the Olympic Summer games. The first impression was that the terminal was a little bit old fashioned the floor is just horrible the windows are dirty and the sofas are ridiculous. The immigration line take a eternity even the european citizens counter was closed. After that I started to look for gate A. I just couldn't find the gate A anywhere. So I asked for some information. The lady looked my boarding pass and said that I had to go downstairs because my airplane would be in a remote position. SoI started to look for the stairs. AgainI just couldn't find it. So I asked for a security guard and he showed me a narrow hall that I was thinking it was a hall to the bathrooms. I went down and I finally found my gate. Milan deserves a better functional and modern airport. The way it's today looks more like a bus terminal than an european airport.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

Malpensa is a big airport but not nearly as congested and confusing as some although seating is definitely lacking. The shops are fun if you have a long layover. They do need more and larger bathrooms and need to keep them cleaner. If you take a shuttle from central Milan be sure you get off at the correct terminal as they're not exactly next to each other. The British Airways staff was exceptionally helpful and pleasant and prepared me well for the challenge ahead of me - connecting at Heathrow!

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

Nice Airport very different to find your way signs are limited staff are not overly friendly which is a mild understatement fantastic Duty Free shopping though.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

We have travelled several times with Alitalia and therefore change planes at either Fiumicino or Malpensa. When the transfer time between two flights is short you have to hurry up and hopefully the lines at the security check through which you have to go in transfer are not too long - but usually they are. Three times my baggage got lost at Malpensa. This happened nowhere else until today. The number of shops is little compared to airports like Barcelona or Frankfurt. If you are a SkyTeam frequent flyer and have access to the lounges we suggest to rather go the Air France lounge (smoking area and self-service of drinks and snacks) than going to the Alitalia Lounge (no self-service no smoking area). Recently we experienced a very unfriendly and unprofessional check-in procedure at one of Alitalia's Magnifica Class check-in desks. However the check in there was done by SEA ground services and not by Alitalia staff. In total I would say Malpensa is a rather boring airport with unfriendly staff.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

I think Malpensa is a good airport - they provide you with good duty free shopping. It is easy to get around - the people are friendly if you are friendly back to them.

Milan Malpensa Airport customer review

Malpensa is unfortunately the airport that I have to use regularly as it is my home airport. It is staffed by unhelpful and unfriendly people information is always late if ever given TV screens are never all functioning space to sit is at a premium if you have to arrive for early flights leave time as the security check is staffed by one person only flights almost always levae and arrive late and it has the worst baggage delivery system and times I have found in the world...no wonder other hubs in Europe have more business.