Milan Linate Airport

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Arrived from Dublin. Only 2 passport desks open one for non EU nationals so just one desk for EU. Very slow and annoying. Bags returned quickly though. Huge queue for taxi. Much better off getting the Starfly bus from just outside the door of the terminal.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Flew to Linate due to its proximity to the city. However once you get out of the baggage claim you are most likely to be lost if you don't know your way around. If you don't know Italian you are in even more trouble as people choose not to speak in English on purpose even if they know. Once you figure out which buses take you to where it becomes a bit easier. If you can avoid the Route 73 bus to the city from the airport as it is just a normal bus and you will have tough time with luggage. Departures at the airport are hassle-free but people inside the airport will only know areas that they work at and nothing else about the airport so don't bother asking. Their answer will most likely be I don't know where.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

I use Linate airport all the time as Easyjet has a convenient daily flight from London. I'm Italian and I'm the first to admit that in Italy cleanliness of public places leaves a lot to be desired. The toilets are often very dirty and so are the bar areas often with uncollected cups and plates on the tables. My other gripe is that checking in (at least with Easyjet) involves a shapeless queue and check in staff (who I believe are airport employees not Easyjet staff) often look as if they are really doing you a favour by opening their desk. However: Linate is very close to the centre of town a 15 minutes cab ride from my sister's house! I have never had any problems with luggage either (touch wood). Considering that Malpensa has a reputation for being the European hub for luggage theft and that it's absolutely miles away from Milan I'd say it's a no-brainer: fly to Linate if you have the choice.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

I'm Italian and I live in Milan. Linate is my airport and only it. Ok the structure is quite old it was built using ancient conception for air terminal building. But it's a treasure: just 10 mins to downtown with public transport (1€ for ticket). In the last years with the new MXP terminal (it's a hell that place!!) many destination were cut since Linate's network but for domestic trips and for the connection to FRA MAD LHR & CDG this airport is very useful. Facilities are old but ok and - despite of Milan MXP apt - when you land at LInate you are sure to collect your bags (not the same in MXP where you can be sure to lose them!).

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Small but very efficient airport. I visited the landside only and enjoyed it. Had my luggage with me so limited as to what I could do. I found the people at Linate than at Malpensa. I had access to a Club SEA landside via Priority Pass and the staff spoke English and were very friendly. The close proximity to the city is the most favorable factor. It would be nice if they had a good hotel at the airport but you are close enough to the city so no matter. Bus service to the Central Station is much easier to find and board than at Malpensa. I believe all flights are Schengen so no problems with the Schengen/Int'l connection.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Milan Linate airport was built in the 1930s and although renovated several times has retained the same size throughout the years. It is a fairly basic airport and the architecture is pretty unimpressive. However it is one of the most efficient airports I know. Luggage is normally delivered within 15 minutes from arrival and one can be in the centre of Milan in 15/20 minutes provided there is no traffic. I also like the fact that the parking area is next to the terminal and one can be in the check-in counter minutes after parking. Its downside is the lack of amenities the cramped spaces and the fact that on international flights you are whisked to the plane in a bus which is too small and always packed. Given the choice I wouldn't hesitate to choose Linate for point-to-point flights however for connections Malpensa offers more amenities.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Even though I don't like the overall architecture and look of this airport - the terminal is quite cramped and makes you feel claustrophobic - I must admit that now that most traffic has been transferred to Malpensa Linate has regained a better status as a much more on-time place for getting into Milan. Closeness to downtown of course is another "must" for this airport if you're heading for the city centre. Efficiency in Linate is generally much better than in Malpensa.

Milan Linate Airport customer review

Linate Airport located just 6km from the city is a treasure. It is very cheap and convenient to get to and even during rush hour the journey takes not longer than 15 minutes. Being a small airport its facilities are of course limited but I find its efficiency makes up for it. Lack of space also means it serves only key European routes such as Frankfurt and London; other routes and long-haul are served from Malpensa which is 45 km north. Despite this it is one of my favourite airports as you can arrive and be in town within the half-hour (assuming you've no luggage to collect). British Airways have an adequate Terraces lounge here right next to the departure gates.