Milan Bergamo Airport

"shocking service"

Trip Verified | Absolutely shocking service. My daughter queued for 45 minutes at McDonald’s only to be told they had sold out of what she wanted. No idea of customer service or using common sense like managing the queue and letting people know they were on limited stock prior to entering the queue
Date VisitMay 2022

"everything is dirty"

(Romania)

Not Verified | This is a "3rd world" airport not an airport in EU and "capital of fashion"! Bathrooms are very dirty, everything is dirty, few stores with old perfumes for example, few restaurants, few cafe, not organized...really I saw stalls looking better! Just transit but never again! Few years ago I was in Napoli....guess Italians are the same as their airports.
Date VisitApril 2022

"an experience to avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | Staff could not be more rude. They are extremely unhelpful and any question asked politely will be answered with an attitude. That, combined with Ryanair’s horrible customer service, it’s definitely an experience to avoid at all costs.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Please avoid this airport"

Not Verified | Worst airport arrivals queue I’ve ever experienced in 20 years of frequent flying. Please avoid this airport. We took longer to queue at arrivals than to fly from London.
Date VisitApril 2022

"this time I was really disappointed"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | I wanted to charge my phone for 5 minutes before flight. There are no chargers. Literally. Or if there are, 3 people are already sitting there and charging or waiting their turn to charge (like in bars or toilets). I never write negative reviews but this time I was really disappointed.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"The queues are very long"

(Finland)

Not Verified | The queues are very long, there is also no clear indication when they call you to board. At check in I had to remove all my jewellery my shoes and my jacket. I was the only one that had to do this and I was very uncomfortable with this. They are also very rude.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Bergamo had improved dramatically"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Bergamo had improved dramatically in the past few years, much clearer, much better facilities and also customer service has improved. The new sky lounge offers an excellent service.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"airport staff is unfriendly"

Not Verified | What I experienced with my friend at Bergamo Airport was horrible. The airport staff is unfriendly and does not help people. We have never had problems at other airports. We bought second bags of luggage of 10 kg. We always use this option. We had to pay an extra 70 euros when handing over the luggage, although I had already paid for the bags. The reason was that only suitcases of 10 kilograms were accepted, but not bags. Nowhere have they distinguished between a bag and a suitcase. When we told this to the woman who served us, her answer was "The rules in Italy are different. We did not have the necessary barcode from the covid test and asked if we would be able to do tests when landing in Germany. Of course, I always read in advance on the European travel site. It said that we could fly without tests. But the staff told us that in the next inspections we will have to pass a covid test with a barcode in 2 places. It was 20:00 in the evening and there was nowhere to take tests. We had 4 bags of heavy luggage and we had to walk on the highway 2 km to get to the industrial zone with a test center. It was cold, the luggage was heavy and we had no strength. After 2 hours of walking we returned to the airport with tests. What happened was horrible and unnecessary. We were not asked for a barcode for the test, and I was right. How can the staff not know the procedures at the airport. Just because the staff gave us the wrong information, we had to be stressed. They don't know what my friend and I had to go through and how awful it was. We paid 100 euros and walked 4 kilometers for covid tests, which we did not need.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"worst airport I have ever been to"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The worst airport I have ever been to. There is no explicit online information about pharmacy schedule and overall airport schedule. As soon as I arrived and asked for information to the security guard I received an awful response. Very rude employees. I emailed the pharmacy to schedule COVID-19 tests days before as they said in the website to do it. When I arrived the pharmacy was closed for the night as half of the airport. I could not ask information because there was no one to ask and the ones that were there didn't know any kind of information or responded very rudely. Because of all this me and my partner could not board the plane home and had to buy new flight tickets (expensive!!!) to be able to go home. We also had to pay 60 euros for the covid tests when on the website it says that the pharmacy was "offering antigenic tests to passengers". Even the nurse who did the tests said that they should be open 24h, but because of lack of employees, there's only two, they were not. When asked for the greens passes, I accidently showed my green pass twice, I notice after, and they didn't even noticed that it was the same one for two people. My partner has a green pass, it was just a mistake, but this also shows that people without greens passes can enter the boarding area without it any kind of problems. Very low security when there should have been more control during this pandemic time. The only charging posts for our devices (we were at the airport for about ten hours now) were paid, which shows that the only control there is, it is when there is money going into their pockets, and we could only access them at one specific hour. An overall awful experience. Defenetly going to use Malpensa Airport all the time instead of Bergamo.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Money Exchange office was closed until 6.30 am"

Not Verified | No internet at all, Money Exchange office was closed until 6.30 am, so I could not use my US dollars to eat, no one accepts any other currency but Euros. The Money Exchange Office was supposed to open at 6.30 am, it has opened at around 6.50 am, my worst experience in any airport I have visited in my life.
Date VisitAugust 2021