Miami Airport

"Concourse J has limited food outlets"

Not Verified | Terrible, Concourse J has limited food outlets with McDonald's closing at 18.56! Overpriced as no competition, make sure you bring your own food or eat before entering. Shameful considering the choice for concourse for internal flights!
Date VisitMay 2022

"Unfriendly and unhelpful staff"

Not Verified | Its freezing inside. A huge waste of energy. Poor layout causing huge walks. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff that treat customers poorly. Confusing signage posted.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Rude people here!"

Not Verified | The staff just stands back not even trying to get the luggage through security at a quicker pace. Got there 3 hrs and 37 min before for flight and after security I had 22 min to eat, restroom. People in line were saying they could not make it to there flights, even after waiting over an hour. The luggage needs to move through faster - come on, we can put people on the moon! Rude people here!

"TSA was very organized"

Not Verified | TSA was very organized even with the amount of people trying to get through. Fast, friendly and very pleased to see a K9 dog being used as 2x2 we all walked past. Good job Newark Airport needs your way.

"treated poorly"

Not Verified | This was the worst airport I've ever been in! Some background on me: I’m in a wheelchair & incapable of clear speech. I am used to the way I am treated rudely at airport security by not being helped for a while, but the Miami airport was really BAD! I sat FOREVER at security waiting to get patted down, & when someone finally came, she helped a girl who came WAY after me because she stopped the line (she was on a scooter with a broken leg & in the “normal people” line, instead of being off to the side, like me). The lady who came from security looked right at me & said nothing (like, “I’ll get to you in a minute”), & took the scooter, & closed the door! I was furious! Wished I could yell. They treated me so badly at security that by the time I left, I cried. To top it off, the airport was so cold I could barely move my fingers to sign or type to my husband about it! At first, I thought they were just rude to me, but apparently, my daughter was treated poorly too.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"Staff has no clue what is going on"

Trip Verified | Rubbish change in Miami. Both ways. Huge lines, absolute no prioritisation over people who are late. No one around to talk to. No directions. Staff has no clue what is going on. Worst airport ever. We were late for connecting fight and immigrations created complete mess, mixing up people so that we got later than those behind us, with our flight 1 hour away. Everyone in the que irrespective if flight 5 min or 3 hours away. Don't use this airport.
Date VisitApril 2022

"The personnel are poorly trained and rude"

Trip Verified | The worst experience by far. Wait time at the security checkpoint for J gates was insane. Only one agent processing all the people. At least 15 of us missed our flights and we were there with plenty of time! The personnel are poorly trained and rude. (If you are rude to them, it’s a federal offence). They don’t care if you are going to miss your flight. It’s a disgrace. Something must be done! Miami it’s an important hub and it should really be up to standards.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"American service is definitely not what it used to be"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport I ever seen in my life. It took 1.5 hours to get through security. Only 2 TSA agent checking ID and 1 belt running, so disorganized, simply ignoring people. The airport employees are rude, just saying use your eyes to find a seat to put your shoes back on, seriously. American service is definitely not what it used to be. This airport is filthy - the departures lounges treated in such a bad way with rubbish such as food boxes and empty bottles left on seating, left on the floor - left everywhere, no garbage trash cans for it. With Covid 19 cleanliness should be a priority - here it is not, people in TSA line not even 6 fts apart. I've been flying for over 20 years, and never seen such a sad airport. I'm hoping someone, like a manager or CEO is actually reading all this bad reviews, and can change this for better way.

"Worst airport in US"

Trip Verified | Worst airport in US. Poor signage. A long haul to the rental car center and no idea how far it is. Involves Skytrain and elevators and a lot of walking. The airport website not helpful in planning how to get there. Some waiting areas filthy and this is early morning. Food and grime on seats. One male restroom had only one toilet the rest all urinals. Grumpy American Airlines departure agent unhelpful. ID scanner malfunctioning
Date VisitMarch 2022

"the worst airport I've ever been in"

Trip Verified | I've been flying solo since I was 7 so over 20 years. This is the worst airport I've ever been in. Staff were less than helpful, TSA was disorganized and simply ignoring people trying to go through the screening, and "valet" baggage check people were genuinely rude. Shout out to the guy at currency exchange for being helpful and friendly! He was a lone beacon of professionalism and general politeness. If I have to drive an extra 30 miles or so to go out of Ft. Lauderdale going forward, I will.
Date VisitFebruary 2022