Miami Airport

"Worst airport I have ever been in"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever been in. Seating at the gates is practically non-existent, TSA agents are rude and slow, baggage took 40 minutes to carousel. Restrooms were awful, like a dirty mall bathroom. The Eighties called, they want their airport back.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"I will not travel through there again"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | This July my wife and I were on our way to Panama for holiday and flew from Dammam to Frankfurt to Miami in order to get connections to Panama City. We had been through two different airports on two different continents, for me to arrive for a transfer in my home country. Only in the US was I treated horribly. It started with the Global Entry "staff". The man at the desk that verifies the receipt from the kiosk was rude to everyone we saw him interact with, including a man traveling with his young daughter. He yelled at this man for not clearing his child through Global Entry. Next we got to experience collecting our bags for the international transfer. There was no person working in the baggage claim area to answer any questions, such as if we had to do the transfer ourselves. Next we had to check in to Copa Airlines. Rudest airline I have ever dealt with in my travels. Then 34 USD for a beer and small Moscow Mule. Overall the experience in Miami was the low point of our trip. I will not travel through there again. I recommend you avoid the place like the COVID-19.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Impatient, rude, short, uniformed staff"

Not Verified | Impatient, rude, short, uniformed staff! Talked to 4 different staff members and all had an attitude, security was unorganized and no one could inform me in which direction to go.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Nobody was policing the wearing of masks"

Not Verified | Airport was very poorly managed. The TSA staff at baggage security were a shambles. No signs or instructions. The duty manager sat behind his desk and was on his phone on Facebook! The Business lounge was the dirtiest I've ever been in. Nobody was policing the wearing of masks. This with the lack of cleanliness during a worldwide pandemic is unforgivable.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | We arrived at Miami International Airport at 7.23 pm from Chicago on June 29/2021, AA flight 971. Two hours later our luggage’s have not even been uploaded into the baggage carrousel, and the airport just said that the ramp has to be closed due to weather. Other flights they arrived much later have already pick up their luggage. This is Florida, an airport of this magnitude should be prepared for rain and heavier weather conditions. This is unacceptable. Very poor customer service. Shame we are forced to fly to this airport.
Date VisitJune 2021

"people were trying to get food and there was limited available"

Not Verified | It took nearly 45 min to get through security and then we wanted to sit down and enjoy a meal and most places were closed at 4.45 pm. The airport was packed and people were trying to get food and there was limited available. With this many people in the airport places need to be open and open past 4. Unbelievable.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Won’t fly here again unless absolutely necessary"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever experienced! A 20 minute walk (7,000 steps!) to the train that goes to the rental car center after you get all of your luggage! Concourse G has very little food, beverages or gift outlets. One charging pole with 4 outlets per gate! This is unacceptable to today’s traveller! It’s dark, old and badly needs updates into this century (21 years late!) with the amount of tourism money passing through it would seem logical to use some at MIA! Won’t fly here again unless absolutely necessary.
Date VisitApril 2021

"this is no way to treat a customer"

Not Verified | Today is Saturday April 24th, 1.15pm. I am on the 1st floor E International Arrivals. All information kiosks are closed. There is a woman in uniform sitting at a desk. Clearly works at the airport. I tried to ask her for directions where people from Cayman Airways come out from. She screamed at me to get away if I can’t read signs. I was standing under a do not enter sign attempting to talk to her. All she would do is yell at me in a different language I could not understand. It’s this kind of attitude that I as a business owner would not tolerate. Maybe she was watching something important on her phone and I interrupted her. Who knows but this is no way to treat a customer.
Date VisitApril 2021

"MIA is incapable of doing security now"

Not Verified | MIA is incapable of doing security now. Never have I ever experienced any 1 security line with more than 4 checkpoints at each terminal. On top of this with covid travel numbers. Security doesn't care if you miss flight and they actively laugh at you while living through high stress and anxiety. They have all the tools to make it run smoothly, they have unprofessional and sloth moving people. Covid has created an apathy to get people to work. How are we supposed to get back to work if no one actually wants to do their job. Not once was a supervisor present to get things moving. I also checked the security wait times online in the MIA airport and they were completely inaccurate. My estimated time online was 9 min, at airport it was 12, and then the actually amount of time to get through security was 50 min!
Date VisitApril 2021

"Not enough staff for the demand of clients"

Not Verified | The security lines are poorly organized. Not enough staff for the demand of clients, only 4 officials were designated for us citizens, out of 24 cabins only 4 operating. Missed my connecting flight. No one cared, no connecting officials designated to connecting flights what a shame! Wonder if the governor knows where his money is assigned to.
Date VisitNovember 2020