Miami Airport

"Avoid the G gates for departures at MIA at all costs"

Not Verified | Avoid the G gates for departures at MIA at all costs. The security line on a Sunday morning was over an hour and a half long, and literally snaked through the terminal. As of the time of this review, the following airlines use the G gates: Bahamasair, Southwest, Sun Country, and United Airlines. There is only one TSA checkpoint that serves this concourse, zero signs for TSA PreCheck, and clueless employees attempting to organize the chaos. Additionally, the contracted employees that work at the airport (working for a third-party employer rather than actual airline employees) are absolutely miserable, and treat customers like they're an inconvenience. I think the larger D gates at the airport offer a better experience as there are four TSA entry points. The G gates, with minimal seating, an air conditioner that barely works, and next to nothing for food options, are a nightmare.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"shambles of an immigration service at Miami airport"

(El Salvador)

Not Verified | Can you score a negative? Absolute shambles of an immigration service at Miami airport. When I first arrived, I thought long queue, yes, but 40 terminals, this shouldn't be too bad. I noticed were were moving fairly slowly and then, as I first glimpsed it, the horror hit. For us 'non-citizens' only 27 terminals were available, doesn't sound too bad still however there were only 2 (two - I have to put it in brackets as it is barely believable), officers on duty for us So for the 3 flights of majority 'non-citizens' that had recently arrived (my approximation at least 400) we were being served by 2 officers. Well as you can imagine, considering they like to ask an awful lot of questions and take photos and fingerprints and all of that, it took an awful long time (4hrs by my count). Didn't even get a stamp in my passport (because of COVID) alright for people to stand in close proximity to each other for 4hrs though! First impressions of the 'greatest country in the world'- not so great.

"Absolutely terrible airport"

Not Verified | Absolutely terrible airport. Waited at customs for 45 minutes, they were severely understaffed and were closing lines despite the growing crowds that were about to miss their flights. We then had to get our luggage from baggage claim at the other end? We then had to go check our bags in again? (Why couldn’t they just transport our bags like a typical airport?) Next, we waited at TSA for so so long. We were told to move to different lines 3 times, each at different locations. The TSA staff was insanely rude, despite letting them know (nicely) we were about to miss our connecting flight. We then had to run across the entire airport to almost miss our flight. Terrible experience.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"rude at check in and getting through TSA"

Trip Verified | Employees are rude at check in and getting through TSA. The selection of beverages at restaurants and shopping locations is extremely limited. The gate has never remained the same as when booking or arriving the handful of times I have used this airport. I try to eat close to the gate I will be boarding at but with the 3-5 changes per-flight it is next to impossible.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"65+ minutes for your bags"

Not Verified | I have never traveled through an airport that is so disorganized. If you want to wait 65+ minutes for your bags, this is the place. Workers must be playing tic tac toe on your bags while they make you wait.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"So dirty and unorganize"

Not Verified | This airport has really fallen far since I was last here. So dirty and unorganized, I feel like I just stepped into a third world country. I will 100% never fly through Miami international again. Ft. Lauderdale may be smaller, but this is terrible. Everyone was so rude to us, being here feels like some kind of elaborate joke. So miserable.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Worst airport I have ever been in"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever been in. Seating at the gates is practically non-existent, TSA agents are rude and slow, baggage took 40 minutes to carousel. Restrooms were awful, like a dirty mall bathroom. The Eighties called, they want their airport back.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"I will not travel through there again"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | This July my wife and I were on our way to Panama for holiday and flew from Dammam to Frankfurt to Miami in order to get connections to Panama City. We had been through two different airports on two different continents, for me to arrive for a transfer in my home country. Only in the US was I treated horribly. It started with the Global Entry "staff". The man at the desk that verifies the receipt from the kiosk was rude to everyone we saw him interact with, including a man traveling with his young daughter. He yelled at this man for not clearing his child through Global Entry. Next we got to experience collecting our bags for the international transfer. There was no person working in the baggage claim area to answer any questions, such as if we had to do the transfer ourselves. Next we had to check in to Copa Airlines. Rudest airline I have ever dealt with in my travels. Then 34 USD for a beer and small Moscow Mule. Overall the experience in Miami was the low point of our trip. I will not travel through there again. I recommend you avoid the place like the COVID-19.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Impatient, rude, short, uniformed staff"

Not Verified | Impatient, rude, short, uniformed staff! Talked to 4 different staff members and all had an attitude, security was unorganized and no one could inform me in which direction to go.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Nobody was policing the wearing of masks"

Not Verified | Airport was very poorly managed. The TSA staff at baggage security were a shambles. No signs or instructions. The duty manager sat behind his desk and was on his phone on Facebook! The Business lounge was the dirtiest I've ever been in. Nobody was policing the wearing of masks. This with the lack of cleanliness during a worldwide pandemic is unforgivable.