Miami Airport

"disgusted with the level of nastiness and ignorance"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disgusted with the level of nastiness and ignorance by the employees. Our tickets told us to go to terminal H. Once we passed security and went to our gate we were told it had changed to G. The security at G wouldn't let us pass because the tickets said terminal H. It took us forever to persuade them that the flight terminal and gate were changed. At this point my mother-in-law couldn't walk anymore because we were standing in line forever and she is elderly and has diabetes. When we asked for help several employees sneered and were sarcastic asking if they should roll out the red carpet for us. It was just the two of us and 4 kids. My daughter had dropped hot water on her chest just an hour before and was treated by first responders (who were absolutely amazing) at the Military Lounge, so I couldn't help her, my mother-in-law, and the other 3 kids all at the same time. Because my MIL could barely walk we were talking to each other that chances are we'd miss our flight, at which point one of the TSA agents started yelling how she didn't care and sat for over 10 mins without letting me have my shoes or my daughter's ice pouch the first responders gave us. They absolutely refused to let us keep the aloe we were given by the medics because I refused to show them my daughter's burned chest! She is 7! She was already distressed because of the second degree burns. She had huge blisters on her belly and chest that were treated by the medics and bandaged. Where is your humanity? Is your life so miserable you need to take it out on a little girl who sat in pain for 4 hours because you couldn't let her have her medicine? How dare you ask to see my daughter's bare chest to confirm she has burns? It's called HIPAA for a reason. You are not a medical professional. Is your day better because you managed to put down a military spouse, her four children and her mother-in-law? I cannot believe these are the people my husband serves and protects.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"an absolute joke of a terminal"

Not Verified | What an absolute joke of a terminal. Nothing open at 21:00 and the staff excuses absolutely shocking. Goodness knows how this place is still doing business. Would never travel out of this place again out of choice.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"This is a complete joke"

Not Verified | This is a complete joke. You run around looking for customs and immigration when you think you caught a break finding the automatic passport control, your very wrong they print this piece of paper that's practically useless because it asks you to visit a customs official, just spent 2 hours running around like a headless chicken. After 2 hours you finally find the queue to go through passport control to find out there are 600 people queuing up and only 5 passport control officers serving at a time, absolutely appaling I literally got 1 hour now till my flight leaves avoid this airport at all costs worst airport in the whole planet.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"airport needs some serious love and attention"

Trip Verified | This airport needs some serious love and attention! All staff are so rude but also in their defence look very stressed. The airport security is just plain weird, you go down this weird slope, all the staff are chatting to each other grunting at customers and I would say not throughly checking each individual! I went to walk through the security scanner and it was clearly half working it out when I walked through the lady asked me to pause, I waited 2 minutes expecting to be asked to go back through - nope! She looked at me up and down shrugged her shoulders and let me through now that is just crazy! The carpets smell too, the decor is stuck in the 70-80’s whenever the airport was built and they have done nothing to jazz anything up a bit. The departure area consists of a small bar and a Pizza Hut, always a huge queue in each because there is nowhere else to go. I love Miami and have travelled many times but I absolutely detest flying to and from Miami airport. Worst part of my trip by far.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Avoid this airport like the plague"

Not Verified | Avoid this airport like the plague. They treat people like cattle and wait times for immigration can be (and I’m not kidding) 3+ hours for citizens! You can arrive on any day and at nearly any time and lose so much time standing in long lines. I travel all over the world, this is by far the worst airport for entering a country on the entire planet. Don’t believe me? Read the other reviews or suffer the consequences.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"AC is not working"

Not Verified | This day Nov 6, 2019, the AC is not working and according to the attendant at the counter, it has been like that since yesterday. The last time I was so uncomfortable at an airport was in Lagos, Nigeria where the AC normally does not work. Miami has joined the ranks of underdeveloped countries. Where is the contingency management for a failure like this? Is it the remnants of our Latin Heritage that still prevail in the airport management team?
Date VisitNovember 2019

"This is completely unacceptable"

Not Verified | Worst Intenational Airport that I travel to. Embarrassing. Have no excuse for whoever is handling International arrivals. Fire him or her. This is completely unacceptable.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"hardly words to describe how abysmal this airport is"

Not Verified | There are hardly words to describe how abysmal this airport is. I had 2 hours to make a connection from Mexico City to Hartford. American Airlines should have known better than to book such a short layover through this wretched place. The plane was delayed 15 minutes on the tarmac and then 10 more at the gate when no agent was available to operate the entryway. Then, there was an interminable walk through unmarked hallways to an interminable immigration line. There, after being herded to the automated kiosks, I was herded to wait over 40 minutes for an agent who was gleefully asking smug questions of every U.S. citizens in line, spending an average of 5 minutes with each person. Other lines moved more quickly at this point, so this is clearly a particular agent’s power trip. At this point, when I tried to find where to re-check my luggage, an agent rudely asked me for when my connnection was. This was the first time I was asked about my connection time, notwithstanding the “short layover” stickers that had been plastered all over my suitcase. At this point, the rude American Airlines employee told me to go to a different line from the one which I was standing, with now explanation. I assumed, incorrectly, that this was an expedited line, since I still had around 40 minutes to catch my flight. It was not. The door that the rude agent sent me through took me outside of security to the airline agents for rebooking. I learned from another agent that I had been sent there because other agents decided that the remaining 40 minutes was not sufficient for me to make my connection. And, throughout the process, the half-dozen or so staff members that I had the misfortune of interacting with were extraordinarily rude and impassive to the fact that they were part of an inefficient and abusive machine that was making thousands of passengers miserable. Unfortunately, I need to make this same trip for work several times a year. In the future, it will cost me around a hundred dollars to book itineraries on a different airline (probably Delta) in order to avoid this airport. It will be worth every penny.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"MIA is in a category by itself"

Trip Verified | I have lived and worked in ten countries and flown into and out of dozens of airports. Some are acceptable, others are good, and a few are excellent. MIA is in a category by itself. Apart from the worst parking facilities I have ever encountered and an urgent need to improve its shoddy appearance, the immigration service seems to consist mostly of incompetent agents. After sitting in the Interjet airliner for a full hour after boarding and a flight of about two and a half hours, it took my wife and little granddaughter another three hours to pass through immigration and customs. Such gross inefficiency and total lack of caring for passenger needs is reprehensible. Those responsible for running such an operation should be relieved of their jobs and replaced by competent personnel. Clearly, the travelling public deserves something better than this. Our family will surely not be the only one to avoid using this airport for our future travel needs.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"irritated with the arrival line for immigration"

Not Verified | I am very irritated with the arrival line for immigration. We got there from a 15 hour flight and had to wait in line for 2 hours just to go in to get our luggage. We had plans to meet up with a friend and weren't even able to do that thanks to the delay. A child was with us and they didn't even have they courtesy to let her sit anywhere. Many people had connections and barely/didnt made/make it.