Miami Airport

"I had a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | I had a horrible experience at Miami Airport. We are a military family. My husband and I are traveling with an infant. I tried to check in on the Spirit app and they only provided me with my husband’s boarding pass. It said I had to go to special assist at the airport to get mine and the baby’s boarding pass. We arrived an hour and 45 mins before our flight. We were dropped off at the departure gate for Spirit but the check in was all the way on the other side of the airport on a lower level. We checked our stroller and car seat with our bag. We then had to walk back to the gate where the TSA line said 15 mins. The line of people did not reflect the estimated time. We tried to go through the tsa pre check line but the representative would only speak to me in Spanish and we were ignored by many. We also told many airport staff that we aren’t going to make it on our flight. No one cared. The tsa line took 45 mins to get through. My husband ran to the gate because it was no where near the line and the gate was closed even though it was still 5 mins before departure. After running with an infant in my arms we missed our flight by 6 mins. We could not make it back to check in to request my child’s items because of how far away check in is from the gate. Now I’m stranded in the Miami airport and have no way to transport my infant.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"staff at the bag scanner downright rude"

Not Verified | The staff working at the bag scanner was just downright rude. Yelling at me to push up the trays without even giving me a chance to do so. The bags were so backed up it's not like there was a reason to rush. If I spoke to people at my work like that I would be fired.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"it was unbelievably horrible"

Trip Verified | I’ve always preferred FLL when traveling to visit family in Colombia because of streamlined customs process, but last summer in MIA, everything was good. Today it was unbelievably horrible. Right away, 2 out of 4 people movers were inoperative. Given the actual 1/2 mile to walk, this was not appropriate. Initial customs was not bad but then everyone was screened again! Usually they spot check but today, there was one PO’d girl checking passports and only one screening lane open. A guy was walking back and forth saying to put tablets and computers separate and shoes and belts off. The crowd was getting impatient when some young group cut the line. A supervisor was called out and they were sent back after some yelling and shouting. Finally another lane opened right as we were up front. Then as we were taking shoes and belts off the agent said “why are you pulling your computers out?” I had the regrettable audacity to inform him the the other agent was shouting those instructions to the crowd. That annoyed him so we stuffed the laptop and tablet back into their case and moved on to baggage claim and re-check.so why don’t they screen all bags again if all people are being scanned again after being in a contained environment? This was bizarre and chaotic at the very least and unprofessional at worst. Unless my life depends on it I will avoid MIA for the 2 years I have left before moving to Colombia.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Staff not very helpful or knowledgeable"

Trip Verified | Seating before check-in is ridiculous, if you are disabled you have to pay for a wheelchair so I sat on my suitcase or stood. Staff not very helpful or knowledgeable. If you have time before going through boarder control look around the shops as only 1 after going through customs. There is a small bar and the gent behind it was lovely. At the British Airways wait area there are usb ports but charge faster with the usa plug adaptor - nothing else apart from toilets and fending machines. Wifi may be free but be prepared to have to keep logging in.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Be prepared to walk a whole lot"

Trip Verified | Very unorganized, very little direction, no help, carpets dirty, walking escalators mostly broken. Very hard to find where you’re going in this airport and no workers to help with directions or information. Be prepared to walk a whole lot!
Date VisitJuly 2022

"The waiting area is disgusting"

Trip Verified | The waiting area is disgusting, the carpet was dirty. I asked several people with assistance finding someone to clean the waiting area and no one was able to help me. The cleaning staff told me they only clean it at night. I would never fly to or from Miami airport again.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"the worst experience I've ever had"

Not Verified | Save yourself the trouble and fly out of Ft. Lauderdale. This airport was the worst experience I've ever had in an airport. Had a 9pm flight and all of the food options were outside of TSA. One in the terminal all of the stores to purchase snacks closed at 8pm. So your stuck with no food options so eat before you go. The check in process is a joke. everything is so spread out. The rental car drop off is a few miles away and you have to board a tram to get to terminal.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"dirty trash cans and overflowing"

Trip Verified | Elevators from parking lot are disgusting, dirty trash cans and overflowing. Terminal D train glass doors and windows dirty. Elevators, electric escalators always broken all over airport. TSA employees clueless in how to direct customers and super rude to travelers. Bathrooms without hands free paper towels, out of order sinks, dirty & employees always on their phones or in the hallways talking.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"super dirty and in very bad shape"

Not Verified | We arrive in terminal for Turkish airlines on July 5 at 6:40 pm Terminal 4. The bathrooms are super dirty and in very bad shape! The terminal is all dirty and run down. It is amazing that an airport in USA looks this way! Just came from Turkey and what a difference! Shame on who ever is taking cate of this airport total embarrassment for our country.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"a very tiresome experience"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airport experiences of my life. Arrived 3.5 hours prior to our flight to drop off the hire car. The Car Rental Centre is a decent set up but a relatively long way from the airport. Lots of walking, escalators and a train to get to the check in area. Long lines at British Airways check in with only two agents working behind the six available desks. Bag drop took nearly two hours. TSA security wasn't as bad but still took 30 minutes. Briefly stopped at the small Duty Free shop before heading to the gate by which time our flight was already boarding. All in all a very tiresome experience which did not make me want to use Miami again.
Date VisitJune 2022