Miami Airport

"rude at check in and getting through TSA"

Trip Verified | Employees are rude at check in and getting through TSA. The selection of beverages at restaurants and shopping locations is extremely limited. The gate has never remained the same as when booking or arriving the handful of times I have used this airport. I try to eat close to the gate I will be boarding at but with the 3-5 changes per-flight it is next to impossible.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"65+ minutes for your bags"

Not Verified | I have never traveled through an airport that is so disorganized. If you want to wait 65+ minutes for your bags, this is the place. Workers must be playing tic tac toe on your bags while they make you wait.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"So dirty and unorganize"

Not Verified | This airport has really fallen far since I was last here. So dirty and unorganized, I feel like I just stepped into a third world country. I will 100% never fly through Miami international again. Ft. Lauderdale may be smaller, but this is terrible. Everyone was so rude to us, being here feels like some kind of elaborate joke. So miserable.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Worst airport I have ever been in"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever been in. Seating at the gates is practically non-existent, TSA agents are rude and slow, baggage took 40 minutes to carousel. Restrooms were awful, like a dirty mall bathroom. The Eighties called, they want their airport back.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"I will not travel through there again"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | This July my wife and I were on our way to Panama for holiday and flew from Dammam to Frankfurt to Miami in order to get connections to Panama City. We had been through two different airports on two different continents, for me to arrive for a transfer in my home country. Only in the US was I treated horribly. It started with the Global Entry "staff". The man at the desk that verifies the receipt from the kiosk was rude to everyone we saw him interact with, including a man traveling with his young daughter. He yelled at this man for not clearing his child through Global Entry. Next we got to experience collecting our bags for the international transfer. There was no person working in the baggage claim area to answer any questions, such as if we had to do the transfer ourselves. Next we had to check in to Copa Airlines. Rudest airline I have ever dealt with in my travels. Then 34 USD for a beer and small Moscow Mule. Overall the experience in Miami was the low point of our trip. I will not travel through there again. I recommend you avoid the place like the COVID-19.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Impatient, rude, short, uniformed staff"

Not Verified | Impatient, rude, short, uniformed staff! Talked to 4 different staff members and all had an attitude, security was unorganized and no one could inform me in which direction to go.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Nobody was policing the wearing of masks"

Not Verified | Airport was very poorly managed. The TSA staff at baggage security were a shambles. No signs or instructions. The duty manager sat behind his desk and was on his phone on Facebook! The Business lounge was the dirtiest I've ever been in. Nobody was policing the wearing of masks. This with the lack of cleanliness during a worldwide pandemic is unforgivable.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | We arrived at Miami International Airport at 7.23 pm from Chicago on June 29/2021, AA flight 971. Two hours later our luggage’s have not even been uploaded into the baggage carrousel, and the airport just said that the ramp has to be closed due to weather. Other flights they arrived much later have already pick up their luggage. This is Florida, an airport of this magnitude should be prepared for rain and heavier weather conditions. This is unacceptable. Very poor customer service. Shame we are forced to fly to this airport.
Date VisitJune 2021

"people were trying to get food and there was limited available"

Not Verified | It took nearly 45 min to get through security and then we wanted to sit down and enjoy a meal and most places were closed at 4.45 pm. The airport was packed and people were trying to get food and there was limited available. With this many people in the airport places need to be open and open past 4. Unbelievable.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Won’t fly here again unless absolutely necessary"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever experienced! A 20 minute walk (7,000 steps!) to the train that goes to the rental car center after you get all of your luggage! Concourse G has very little food, beverages or gift outlets. One charging pole with 4 outlets per gate! This is unacceptable to today’s traveller! It’s dark, old and badly needs updates into this century (21 years late!) with the amount of tourism money passing through it would seem logical to use some at MIA! Won’t fly here again unless absolutely necessary.
Date VisitApril 2021