Marseille Airport

"have always found the staff to be welcoming, polite and helpful"

Not Verified | It should be pointed out that this airport has 2 terminals which are vastly different and that most of the bad reviews concern terminal MP2 which is used by low-cost companies. I can understand the frustration of some users concerning the threadbare facilities in that terminal. MRS is my local airport and as such I appreciate the efforts the airport management make to offer a service without trying to rip off the user. Personally I do not care about 5 star service and am happy to accept the minimalistic conditions that come with low cost - you get what you pay for. If you are aware of this the shock is not so great. I am very happy to use an airport 1 hour from my home where I can park my car for 2 weeks for €35. I'd rather that than being made to feel like a wallet on legs in London Stansted for a level of comfort which is hardly better than that of Marseille, not to mention the SS style of the security staff at that airport. At Marseille I have always found the staff to be welcoming, polite and helpful and have never been faced with long queues. They have a device which allows shoes to be checked without removing them - I wish other airports would invest in the same equipment. I consider MRS is human sized airport run by human beings who realize that the whole world does not have the means to travel in business class. It is a pleasant change from the UK airports run by fatcats with no consideration for the travelling public - do you recognise yourselves Manchester Airports Group?
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Transit at Marseille a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Transit at Marseille a nightmare, no transit lane so have to come out and go back - security only 2 lanes open all parafe passport readers down and no power sockets provided for pax use actually working - disgrace.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"rude and totally unhelpful staff"

Not Verified | I have never experienced such rude and totally unhelpful staff as those scanning the cabin bags at Marseille Airport. One member of staff actually called my 46 year old daughter stupid for no reason. I won't be flying too or from that airport again. Also myself, daughter and son in law went through Terminal 1 baggage check in error and they let us keep the 30mls jars of honey that were given to us as wedding favours the previous day. We then had to go through the correct terminal, which was Terminal 2, where the baggage checkers confiscated the honey. Why the different rules. or were the baggage checkers at Terminal 1 just kinder and decent people.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"all facilities were very basic"

Not Verified | I consider the new terminal 2 building to be no better than a warehouse. The building seems to have been constructed with poor quality materials. It was not particularly clean and all facilities were very basic. Sorry to say I will avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"diabolical customer service"

Not Verified | Absolutely diabolical customer service. Minimum staff to perform an operation requiring 4 times the amount of staff. Flights are always delayed and never been offered water, food or any other sort of compensation for standing around with young children. Last time, will use different airport from now.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"It is a very convenient airport"

Not Verified | I fly frequently from and to Marseille Airport. It is a very convenient airport and what I appreciate most is the fluidity within the airport for both hall 1 and 2. From the parking to the security gate the fluidity is at it's best! Often quiet, the waiting time before taking off is enjoyable. However it has the advantage of its drawbacks in a sense of more boutiques and restaurants would be appreciated because it is very poor on the airside and the choices are very limited once you arrived airside. Good airport that definitely needs improvement to increase the satisfaction and enhance the traveling experience.
Date VisitMay 2019

"attentive and helpful staff"

Trip Verified | I review here terminal 1, as terminal 2 is very different and for low cost flights only and is famous for very poor service. So for terminal 1, check in: well organized, smiley, attentive and helpful staff, not crowded. Security: honestly my very best experience so far, fast, smiling and patient staff (first time I ever meet a security team who seems to actually like their job and who don’t make me feel like an annoying user. They actually made me feel but like a welcome customer). Waiting area: enough seating, power sockets for laptop and smartphone everywhere, carpeted floor, corridors leading to the plane so we have never been outside. Toilets: not enough of them, bad smell, a lot of “out of order” ones, poorly indicated, no coat hook in the toilet stall (in winter time, when everybody wears big jackets, nobody wants to drop it on the floor in the toilets nor keep wearing it while using the toilet). But the stalls are fully closed so at least you have privacy. However, I only saw one single stall for disabled people and that’s really not enough. There is not a lot of options for food in the terminal and as usually the few available are excessively overpriced. We travelled with a disabled person and were very disappointed by one part of the service. When the staff to assist arrived they were perfect but from the parking to the check in counter, there is absolutely zero indication about how to get assistance from the parking. Even the staff told us that my grandmother had to walk till the check in wihich is not true. She had to walk from the parking, al the way thru the mechanic stairs (which are scary as they are way too fast for her) and then all the way inside the entry hall which is quite big. In every other airport I traveled with, there was indication and a way to contact the assistance staff from the parking so they can come to pick her up from there.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"facilities are truly appalling"

Not Verified | I travel regularly in and out of Marseille the security staff are usually pleasant. However the facilities are truly appalling poor eating & restroom facilities and the seating in MP2 is positively dangerous. Just this week as I leaned forward to get something from my bag unbeknown to me seat flipped back and when I went to SS it again I landed on the ground causing an injury to my back from the iron holding of the chair. Almost impossible to find where I can complain. I gave up in the end. For frances 2nd city they should do better!! The outside has recently been refurbished I do hope they will upgrade the inside. I wish there were more regular flights to Avignon.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"like a terribly built shack"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport. Terminal 2 is like a terribly built shack. Very basic facilities. I've had better on tiny Greek islands. This is not what I expected for the second largest city in France. Only one food outlet in the whole of terminal 2 once through security. One duty free and a Relay shop. One lot of toilets which were upstairs none once you are in the gate areas. Huge queues at passport control and even once through the gate wasnt big enough to hold a small 737 flight. I was left out queuing in the corridor for 30 mins. Dirty and smelly toilets male/female closed at different times so all sexes using toilets. Not pleasant. Seating was sparse but there was extra upstairs.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Truly and absolutely awful"

Trip Verified | Quite the most appalling airport conditions I have ever experienced for over 50 years. Flight delayed 2 hours - ok not a big issue but to be herded into a large dirty room at the gate with minimal seating (I am an elderly lady) and to wait here for an hour - if no seat - (not many) either sit on floor or stand for an hour, no toilets, no refreshments, no information and as yet no apology. Truly and absolutely awful. I will never fly to or from Marseille again.
Date VisitSeptember 2018