Marseille Airport

"like a terribly built shack"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport. Terminal 2 is like a terribly built shack. Very basic facilities. I've had better on tiny Greek islands. This is not what I expected for the second largest city in France. Only one food outlet in the whole of terminal 2 once through security. One duty free and a Relay shop. One lot of toilets which were upstairs none once you are in the gate areas. Huge queues at passport control and even once through the gate wasnt big enough to hold a small 737 flight. I was left out queuing in the corridor for 30 mins. Dirty and smelly toilets male/female closed at different times so all sexes using toilets. Not pleasant. Seating was sparse but there was extra upstairs.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Truly and absolutely awful"

Trip Verified | Quite the most appalling airport conditions I have ever experienced for over 50 years. Flight delayed 2 hours - ok not a big issue but to be herded into a large dirty room at the gate with minimal seating (I am an elderly lady) and to wait here for an hour - if no seat - (not many) either sit on floor or stand for an hour, no toilets, no refreshments, no information and as yet no apology. Truly and absolutely awful. I will never fly to or from Marseille again.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"lounge is always overcrowded"

Trip Verified | I have to depart from this airport every week as a business traveller. The lounge is always overcrowded with almost no food selection and plastic cutlery. The air traffic control seems to always be congested meaning my flight is delayed more than it is on time.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Not enough staff available"

Not Verified | Not enough staff available for help. Check-in open last minute. Only few seats available at the airport with a long period waiting to check-in and boarding. No tickets printed for other connecting flights. The air conditioning system was not working enough.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"below first world standards"

Trip Verified | This airport is below first world standards. Let’s start with no toilet seats in the toilets. The food and drinks offering is hopeless and expensive. Renting a car well that is an experience in itself here. No kidding is was over one hour with only about five people in the checkin for a car. This was Avis for reference but I’ve tried others and they are not much better. Sort yourself out before you get here and take a deep breathe in before arriving or leaving at this airport. Hopeless truly hopeless.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"personnel were very helpful"

Not Verified | After a luxury river cruise, we were flying home to the States out of Marseilles Airport (MRS) from Terminal A, Hall B. I was apprehensive about doing this since I read so many bad reviews. Boy, was I surprised. Is this the same airport people were criticizing? The airport was clean (and I am a neat freak) and had enough nice bathrooms around. Check in took only a few minutes. There was a dedicated business class check in line, which we used, but even economy didn't take more than 15 minutes. Our luggage was put directly on a conveyor belt and we did not have to take it to another line (as reviewers had said). Airport personnel were very helpful. In fact, as we were sitting there, one employee came up to us and asked us if we had any questions, etc. (certainly not rude or uncaring). My only negative about checking in is that no where was it stated that check in would start two hours before your flight time (thus, we would not have gotten to the airport so early if we had known that). Screening was equally as smooth and fast. My husband has a pacemaker and they knew exactly how to help him get through the screening process. It was easy to find our gate and seating at the gate was fine. I am in my 70's, have travelled many times and both my husband and I found Terminal A a pleasure to depart from.
Date VisitJune 2018

"ridiculous and inconvenient"

Trip Verified | This airport is so ridiculous and inconvenient. First, the boarding pass needed to be printed despite the barcode on the pdf that we had, and so we were told to go to the only public computer to print it out. After it took our card details to be charged for the first 15 minutes, the mouse didn’t work! It’s probably a scam. Eventually, we tried to beg the check-in personnel to reconsider us and after painstakingly explaining our dilemma, they took a blank boarding pass for a huge pile of them and wrote our flight details. So why did we all have to go through that trouble when that is possible? And we had at least 5 passport checks, for going back to our origin! One in check-in, baggage drop, security, immigration, and ryanair. It’s so redundant and complete waste of time. What’s worse is that the personnel don’t seem to appreciate that our plane is leaving us soon and it’s their fault for having two immigration control to check for planeful of people 30 minutes before gate closing. Just outrageous! So stressful and they don’t care.
Date VisitApril 2018

"disorganized and filthy"

Trip Verified | This airport is easily the worst that I have ever flown out of, disorganized and filthy. The security personnel are ignorant and rude. They don't deserve a job. I will avoid this terminal on all future trips. While going through security several permitted items were thrown away and while the staff laughed. If not for the possibility of ending up in a french prison I would have created a major scene due to the terrible treatment. There are no restaurants or stores beyond one duty free ship once through the gate.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Horrible for travelling with an infant"

Not Verified | Horrible for travelling with an infant. This is the only airport we have ever had to put our pram in the luggage area of the airplane before departure. We had a 1 year old baby that we had to take out of his pram hours before our flight would leave. This is hell for parents travelling with luggage and a baby on your arm! Please change this policy like all the other airports have already done before. It is useless and it is very tiring and inconvenient for parents. I saw other parents with more children also struggling to manage them holding small babies and trying to controle toddlers at the same time. Shame on you for putting your customers through this. Staff were not helpful or understanding to any of the travelling parents.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Absolute dump"

Unverified | Absolute dump. I've been stood in the passport control queue for half an hour after landing. They have not scanned a single passport and everybody is waiting. The staff are sat behind their booth talking and drinking coffee. This is by far the worst arrival experience I have ever had.
Date VisitOctober 2017