Marrakech Airport

"surprised at how smooth the arrival process was"

Not Verified | Expecting the worst after checking the reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the arrival process was, it was fast, people were courteous and friendly, and the airport was clean, spacious and roomy. The departure was just as trouble free, except that the officials were not in their positions even after we were allowed to go through the security, but they were apologetic calling us back!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"we were basically pounced on by a porter"

Not Verified | After having a fantastic holiday in Marrakech/Agadir. We arrive at Marrakech airport to return home. Our driver had no sooner opened the boot of his car to give us our luggage when we were basically pounced on by a porter who grabbed our luggage and put it on a trolley and walked to the departures. It happened so fast, being exhausted and hot we didn't protest. But when my Husband gave him an offer of a tip, this man insisted we pay him 10 euro and was waving his badge at us. I argued that he was ripping us off and he got aggressive. Stupidly I ended up giving him the money. After speaking to staff in the airport, they said that these porters are on a wage. Only writing this review so people don't get ripped off. Had no problems in the airport although communication is hard and some quite ignorant.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"will not be returning to this particular airport"

Trip Verified | I am a traveller and have visited so many different countries and cities which means I have encountered many different airlines and airports where I have never faced any issues before. However on this particular occasion I am gutted to say that departing via Marrakech was the most awful and worst experience of my whole travelling life. The staff at the check in were very rude and very unprofessional to say the least, they have very poor communication skills and most definitely poor customer service skills from the staff to the manger so she claimed she was. The queue particularly for one of the airlines flights was a complete disgrace, most unorganised and unmanageable, passengers were consistently being asked to queue up again and again once they reached the front after taking them 1hr to reach the desk as staff were not ready to take on new passengers for new flights as they were still busy taking on late comers for another flight. No screen to show which line to queue in for any destinations, no staff present to direct where to go if we should queue now or later, everyone queued up based on their checking time and flight time, it is not the fault of passengers if airlines fail to organise their flights and passengers in an ordinary file. Travelling with small children to be told to return to the back of the queue and start again until they are ready is unacceptable, one of the ladies of easyJet staff was so rude and refused to check one of us in and the manger was also useless and walked away to the point we just found another person to check us in. No customer service desk, no senior management to talk to, staff and management have no clue how to deal with difficult situations. Safe to say I will not be returning to this particular airport anytime soon and most definitely will avoid it even if my life depends on it. What a disgrace.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"endless queues and form filling"

Not Verified | Terrible. A beautiful airport ruined by endless queues and form filling. Give yourself at least an extra 90 minutes for checking in and expect something similar when you arrive. Deplorable and enough for me to never come back here again.
Date VisitJune 2019

"insulted, sworn at and threatened"

Not Verified | Overall it's not a bad airport, processes can be a bit tedious but not too bad. The reason I am writing is to draw attention to the 'staff' that 'assist' passengers when they arrive at the immigration. These people are the most rude and obnoxious you could hope to encounter after two days without going to bed. The situation I found myself in this morning was ridiculous with a man whose job is simply to assist, but he enjoys to be petty and difficult and in his little uniform doing his little job thinks he is important and gives him the right to threaten. I mentioned I would be reporting him and soon after he left the area to hide or something, leaving the equally charmless and officious young lady there who you guessed it, is rude and no help really either. It's not difficult to be polite and professional when paid to, but these people standing like little trolls at the gate are superflous anyway. Everybody can see where to go, and we don't need a jumped up little nobody who when given a uniform would rather engage in squabbles with passengers over minor issues than do a simple job in assisting. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world in my experience, so why whenever I land at Marrakech am I insulted, sworn at and threatened by someone who would be better off working with animals than people.
Date VisitMay 2019

"a truly horrible start to a holiday"

Not Verified | So awful that I have already resolved never to return. Actually made me weep, a truly horrible start to a holiday and I’m already dreading the return which I’ve heard can be even worse with the added stress of a flight to catch. Over 2 hours to get out of the hell hole. Interminable queue after queue. Pointless checking of passports just to leave the passport hall after you have already gone through passport control. Took so long that our baggage reclaim was gone. Then more queuing to have bags scanned before leaving the place. Never again.

"terrible customs system"

Trip Verified | Most terrible customs system in the world. Absolutely unnecessary checks in arrival and departure and extremely inefficient queuing system. Why queue for 1 hour just to leave the country? Are we just supporting useless employment at the cost of everyone traveling to drop money in the country? I hate coming to this airport with a passion. Please stop the paper based control. It's 2019.

"Disorganized"

Trip Verified | Disorganized. I have been controlled 5 times to enter the departure area. They were not able to display that the plane is late (even so it arrived only at departure), then they showed 'Boarding' at the lounge when the plane was not even there, and at the displays at the gate it was even a boardibg time announced that was in the past (see foto). A joke.
Date VisitApril 2019

"we had absolutely no problem"

Trip Verified | Dreading RAK because of the reviews here, but we had absolutely no problem. Since we were first out of our Ryanair flight we had a minimal waiting time at customs. After that someone has to check your stamp and than you put your luggage in a scanner for declaration. We were out of the plane and in our taxi within 20 mins. Inbound also good. The only inefficient thing is that you have to stamp your boarding pass at the counter, even if you travel hand luggage only. Since you only see that message near security, you have to go all the way back to and wait at the check in counter. Not very smart, and it would be wise to make the announcement when you enter the airport - but all in all it took us a little over half an hour from taxi to gate, which was fine. Yes, staff are unfriendly but show me an airport with friendly staff. Limited seating at the gate in this beautifully decortaed and spacious airport, but not a big deal.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"I have had a very positive experience"

Not Verified | I have been reading lots of comments about the queues in Marrakech airport and was afraid of being there and treated badly. Fortunately, I have had a very positive experience. The arrival, except filling in the landing papers, was not much hastle and took less than 15 minutes to leave the airport. The departure was the same - neither queue was too long, so that it took us max 45 min to get through security and customs. Even Ryanair was no problem, although I expected a drama. Therefore for all you visitors to Marrakesh, obviously, there has changed something to better, than in the past.
Date VisitFebruary 2019