Marrakech Airport

"I have had a very positive experience"

Not Verified | I have been reading lots of comments about the queues in Marrakech airport and was afraid of being there and treated badly. Fortunately, I have had a very positive experience. The arrival, except filling in the landing papers, was not much hastle and took less than 15 minutes to leave the airport. The departure was the same - neither queue was too long, so that it took us max 45 min to get through security and customs. Even Ryanair was no problem, although I expected a drama. Therefore for all you visitors to Marrakesh, obviously, there has changed something to better, than in the past.

"Terrible staff"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. The staff at the security check was very rude. A woman commented on my outfit and made fun of me. Really unprofessional. The passport control was the same. No hello or goodbye. Terrible staff but at least the place is clean.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"it also was quite unorganized"

Trip Verified | Beautiful airport in Arabic style. It was clean, clear where you had to go to, all prices are in euros and they accept both dirhams and euros (and of course debit/credit card). But unfortunately it also was quite unorganized. Transavia shared the gate with EasyJet and that flight was delayed and their boarding time became the same as ours, it was very confusing and instead of changing our gate number it became one big mess. People from both airlines were waiting in the queue. The airport crew started screaming at us that we were not allowed to stand near the gate even though we were standing 4 meters in front of the gate, she told us that she called the security (but when they arrived they couldn't do anything because we did nothing wrong). If the airport gets better organized I would definitely give it a 8/10.

"I won't come back"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Marrakech airport was a terrible experience in terms of customer service, and in particular we had a terrible and frustrating experience with Ryanair. Hostess that attended to us was unpleasant and unfriendly with no eye contact talked very rudely to us. I was disappointed by the inappropriate attitude and unprofessional behavior. We had the worst 3 hours of our trip with a lot of stress and tension because of the ground staff and all the Ryanair employees. I am a frequent flyer, and I have never had such a bad experience. I won't come back.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"speedy transfer through airport"

Trip Verified | I flew in on the 25/11 and it took 40 mins from exiting the plane to collecting my bag and exiting the airport. Departed on 09/12 and once again, speedy transfer through airport. Have your boarding pass and departure card filled out ready and it’s easy. Generally friendly staff. Brand spanking new airport, very clean, plenty of toilets. Segafredo meal deals well priced, staff super helpful and friendly. Duty free prices are different though!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Bureaucratic and obstructive"

Not Verified | Bureaucratic, ineffectual and obstructive police failing on a grand scale to ensure smooth throughput of passengers. We felt like herded wild animals. The staff would have made use of whips had they had them. The task was beyond them. Stupid queuing setups, inadequate employees who were entirely indifferent to imminent departures of flights. I will not forgive them the distress they caused. Our last memory of a vibrant trip. Unlikely to set foot in the country again. This is an airport experience no-one should suffer.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"airport is a disorganised mess"

Trip Verified | This airport is a disorganised mess. We arrived and there was no proper queuing system, it took 2 hours to get through passport control after there being 2 supposed queues into the main queing system and people cutting in front of me. I think I found the reason for such queue though as the man who checked my passport didn't even acknowledge I was there as was too busy on his Facebook on his phone. Absolutely disgusted with this airport and such attitude.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"will never return to Morocco"

Not Verified | Both departure and arrival queues were in excess of 75 minutes. Both were horrendous. Especially departure where there were people jumping the queue and no one enforced any queue discipline. The public announcement system was blaring nonstop but completely inaudible. I will never return to Morocco.

"Won’t be rushing back"

Trip Verified | Immigration on arrival from a flight from London at midday took two hours. There is fast track immigration which will cost €80. Seems that the immigration queues are kept long on purpose to get impatient visitors to pay the extortionate fast-track fee. Airport staff in general uncaring. Very high prices in airport shops, everything priced in € and no cash accepted, unless a food outlet. Won’t be rushing back anytime soon.

"unfriendly, over-challenged staff"

(Austria)

Not Verified | We had to show our passport at arrival and departure like a thousand times. For passport control we had to wait 3 hours at arrival. For departure there's a security control for even entering the airport. Very limited seating in waiting areas, unfriendly and over-challenged staff and so slowly at the same time. When we maybe will come back to Morocco, we definitely won't use the airport of Marrakech!
Date VisitOctober 2018