Manila Airport

"Avoid at all cost"

Not Verified | A few hours before landing the government decided to change the rules. No transit passengers are allowed to clear immigration and enter the country. The airline staff are extremely rude and don’t want to help. We are stuck in a room with some very uncomfortable chairs which is called their transit lounge. We are rationed the number of blankets we can use (1 per person) even if the AC is on high and it’s freezing. Felt like a prisoner. If you have any dietary restrictions (I am a vegetarian) I have 1 option a veg pizza (a slice of baguette with cheese mushroom and peppers). Avoid Philippine Airlines and Manila airport at all cost.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"the worst I've ever seen"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | I had a stepover to Guam in Manila with my family and kids. This is the worst I've seen. What a mess, what chaos. I would never visit the country seeing what I have seen in the airport. The food looked so awful, we even didn't touched a cracker. My daughter was ill for 3 days after we left.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"avoid it at all costs"

Not Verified | If you are into long uncomfortable waits, rude and inept staff, loud external noises, ridiculous transit procedures and horrible experiences; then this is the airport for you. This is the worst international airport, by far, I have visited and will avoid it at all costs. Staff more interested in looking at their mobile phones than actually helping anyone.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Lots have actually improved"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Lots have actually improved in the airport (terminal 3). They have placed departure cards in every airline check in counters (they didn't have before). Immigration is now faster, more counters are open and lighted well than before. Security check might be a hassle. Signs and directions are adequate. Not a lot of seats in the general area and it can get too crowded. Food and beverages are great, lots of options before you enter immigration, after immigration there are still some food outlets available but not as much. Duty free shopping is great, very modern and very helpful staff. Wifi is good, not the best but good enough to do some light internet usage. Airport Staff are very helpful. Overall I'd recommend this airport.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Seating is very, very limited"

Trip Verified | This is not a fun airport. Only accessible by car or taxi - no trains or buses go to the airport that I have found. You and your luggage are scanned going in to the airport. NB: an umbrella is to go in the check in bag. If you're flying with hand luggage only, expect to lose the umbrella, so take a cheap one. You can not take water into the airport and I have not seen anywhere in there (check-in area) to buy it. You can carry a small amount of food. Little if any AC in this part of the airport. Seating is very, very limited for those waiting to check in. In general the staff are very slow. Before check-in, your bags are opened, searched and swabbed. Don't bother paying to get the bags wrapped, it will be cut open. After this, you have the thrill of PH Immigration, then another bag scan. Food and drink offerings in the secure side of the airport are limited and expensive. A bottle of water averages about 4 times street price. WiFi is barely worth connecting to. Your bags are searched again (yes, 4 times before you get on the plane) and any bottles of water will be removed from you. Unopened bottles appear to be used by staff or sold back to the shops.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Very bad transit experience"

Trip Verified | Airport shuttle services is a joke! When I transit through this airport, I always have a very bad experience with how the process goes every time. All the confusion and miscommunication causes people to miss their flights. Airport shuttle services between Terminal 1, 2, 3 & 4 will take almost 1 hour via poor management and heavy traffic due to bad civil design and road conditions. This is by far one of the worst international airport I’ve traveled through. I would strongly recommend if anyone can avoid coming through Manila International Airport. And the WIFI is not good for domestic phones only.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"There are announcements every minute"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 is the hub of Philippine Airlines in Manila. This airport is the noisiest airport terminal one can imagine. There is very bad noise management and acoustic planning so all announcements whether for departures or arrivals are heard. There are announcements every minute and they are very long and annoying. The way they make the announcements seem like there is urgency so you cannot relax while waiting for the flight. The terminal is small so I do not know why they have to make announcements heard in the entire terminal. When you have no choice but to use Terminal 2, bring earplugs. Many busy airports have already adopted a silent airport model but it seems Manila loves the noise.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"transit a bad experience"

Not Verified | Every time I transit through this airport I have a bad experience with how the process goes. One time you go through immigration and another time you don’t. And when you go through immigration. One person will tell you to one thing, you go do that to have another person say go back, to have another person at the same counter tell you something different again. All the confusion and miscommunication causes people to miss their flights. This is by far the worst international airport I’ve traveled through. I would advise if anyone can avoid coming through Manila International Airport. And the WiFi is not good. If you want a little bit of WiFi you have to pay for it to get on another server through a pocket WiFi that’s at a small desk. You don’t get a pocket WiFi, they just put in the password.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"service is so poor"

Trip Verified | I arrived at the Domestic Terminal and I need to get to the International Terminal for my next flight via Scoot. It is my first time at Manila airport so I asked the information counter how do I get to Terminal 1 (there are 3 international terminals in Manila). The guy checked my boarding pass and told me Scoot has been redirected to Terminal 3, and he insisted that this information is correct based on his logbook. Yes, he is using a written logbook. Obviously, I believed him and took a taxi to Terminal 3. Reached there and I could not find Scoot! Asked the information counter again and the person said Scoot is at Terminal 1. Wasted my time and my money being directed to the wrong terminal and being told the wrong information. Customer service is unbelievably bad. How can the information counter tell passengers the wrong information?! Manila is the capital of Philippines yet service is so poor. This level of basic miscommunication is impossible to believe!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"will never ever come back"

(Guam)

Trip Verified | This is literally the worst airport I have ever been in. After already 24 hours of travel, I arrived in the Philippines to transfer to the next leg of my journey. Rather than allowing me to go check-in for my next flight I was made to sit by the Transfers Desk for 4 hours. In this part of the airport, there is no food, no water, and only a few metal chairs to sit on. I kept trying to figure out what was going on, but all six of the transfer desk employees were too busy looking at their phones to show any concern for the passengers who needed them. At one point I asked an employee to borrow a pen really quickly. She looked at me with such contempt and begrudgingly handed me a pen. She then said, "next time bring your own." My husband and I live in Guam, which is a short flight to the Philippines. We were planning a trip to actually visit the country, but after this experience, I will never ever come back. I know traveling can be frustrating, but passengers should not be made to feel like they are imprisoned.
Date VisitSeptember 2019