Luton Airport

Luton Airport customer review

My sister came to collect us from Luton after a recent holiday. Lots of delays through immigration and did not leave the terminal until 1 hr after the flight landed. The traffic was terrible getting in and out of the airport there is no warden advising people to move on or writing parking tickets. It seems that Luton is quite happy for people to overstay their welcome and pocket the money. She cannot have been the only one receiving a bill for the car park that day so many passengers were delayed at immigration. I wonder how much money they make out of this little scam.

Luton Airport customer review

I am a regular traveller from Luton airport other London and international airports. Luton is the worst. Security queues have always been very bad at peak times and now road traffic queues are appalling. Once in the terminal the queue for security stretched out of the security hall down the stairs and into the main concourse. At security my bag was selected for swabbing but due to inadequate supplies/equipment this was delayed another 10 mins. I left security at 6.40 too late for my flight. The Servisair representative who escorted me out of the secure area complained that it took them 55 mins to get from the staff car park to the terminal in the staff bus due to the same traffic problems. Until they can manage the traffic they should reduce the number of flights at peak times.

Luton Airport customer review

30 mins by bus from the train station to the airport due to traffic at 5.30am is unacceptable. Having to then pay £3 for a priority security check because of the long bus journey and a massive queue flowing down the stairs just rubs salt into the wound.

(Poland)

Overloaded airport. No space to sit down and wait. Queues were terrible I think they want to make you pay extra L3 for priority pass which gives you about 40 mins advantage. I flew with my friends through several airports with exactly the same luggage and had no problems. Some of us were let through with non regulation bags while others had big problems. Remember to go to the toilet before your run for the gates there aren't any after you go into passengers section. The only good thing I can say is that its tidy.

Luton Airport customer review

I have always used Luton as it's my local airport but will think twice before using it again. The ridiculous road system leading to drop off/short term car park is bad enough knowing I have the privilege of paying £1 just to drop off or pick up. Drop off was shut for no obvious reason so everyone was forced into short term parking told to park and pay causing even more chaos. In their greed to gather £1s Luton airport have caused misery to travellers like me who will think twice about coming again. I can't even start to describe the dreadful queuing in security - deliberately done to encourage people to pay the fast track fee.

Luton Airport customer review

Used to be my favourite airport due to convenience now it is unusable with the new £1 fee. My girlfriend had to get out and walk through the traffic to not miss her flight. It seems to me the norm is to create an inconvenient system and then charge people to bypass it. I will happily pay more and go back Heathrow.

Luton Airport customer review

The decision to book with Wizz Air from Luton for bigger baggage allowance was not a good one. Arriving about 5.45am on a Sunday morning 2.5 hrs ahead of the flight dumped us in a 1 mile+ 40 min traffic queue on the approach road. Who designed the several-dual-carriageways funnelling down to one lane culminating with incoming traffic being blocked by in and out junctions to/from drop off and short term car parks? It is the most inept piece of road design I have ever encountered. How on earth did it ever get planning approval? And then to have to pay £7.50 for about an hour of short term car park to get my family's baggage dropped off was a shocker. Two thirds of the check-in desks were unused and the rest were rammed with frustrated travellers delayed by a faulty baggage conveyor. Having finally dropped off the baggage and seen people to the stairs to Security (escalators not working) I went to the loo before the drive home. Even the design of that was incompetent with narrow corridors in and out leaving people queuing although there were plenty of free facilities once inside. I have never been to a more ineptly designed airport anywhere or one which cynically rips off its customers as badly. Poor signposting coming in means it's easy to get ripped off for a £1 drop-off fee if you take the wrong turn (easily done) instead of the overpriced car park. I don't care what deals there may be flying from Luton I will never use this dreadful airport again.

Luton Airport customer review

I arrived back from a holiday in Malta yesterday lunchtime. We were able to walk to the terminal from the airport which was ok and walked up some stairs and walked along corridors and then down some stairs and then to immigration. As we came in the queue was snaking around the hall but moving so we thought ok its a busy time of year but as the queue went round the corner we realised that it went out of the border control hall up a long corridor and back down into the hall to the snaking queue with another group of passengers from other flights joining it from the other direction. A poor member of staff helping to organise the queue said that this sort of thing happens all the time. Initially only half of the booths were manned but as the queue started to move faster and we entered the hall it was obvious nearly all the booths were manned. It was in my opinion unacceptable and took over an hour from landing to exit the airport. Surely they know when flights are coming in and roughly how many people need processing. If they don't they should!

Luton Airport customer review

I have used airports all over the world and Luton is the worst that I have come across. Upon arrival at the start of our holiday we entered the departures concourse to find aimless queues snaking all over the building with no clear designation for the various desks and no staff around to offer support or advice. It was complete and utter chaos. Upon our return it took 90 minutes from landing to the arrivals gate huge queues in arrivals- despite a 'rapid' passport lane check for British nationals and other members of the EU who have an 'E passport' this lane was naturally shut. There was an 'operational problem' which delayed our check in baggage arrival for 45 minutes once again there was no support or consideration given from airport staff. We found the organisation of the airport to be a complete shambles and the attitude of the staff was quite frankly awful. The woman who checked our passports at immigration chewing gum with a gormless expression could have quite frankly just walked off the set of 'Little Britain'- not a very inspiring entry to the UK. All in all a very disappointing experience.

Luton Airport customer review

I have to agree with other comments. Luton is the worst airport in the UK. Luton Airport stated that the £1 drop- off charge would ease congestion. Dropping some friends off the vehicle queues snaked at least a mile from the airport. Many people including those with small children were walking. Frustrated car drivers are now told they will be fined £80 if they drop passengers off anywhere on the approach road. This really is an example of ultimate greed. I only live 15 mins from Luton Airport and because of the continued chaos I always elect to fly from Stansted which is about an hours drive. At Stansted I am guaranteed ease of arrival and hassle-free parking.