Luton Airport

(Cyprus)

Luton is a dreadful airport if you arrive by car have to check-in at a desk have hand luggage want something to eat or drink want some degree of comfort. If you are happy to stand around in a boarding room/gate forego drink etc then it's okay. I wonder if airport management read these forums. They will argue they handle 10 million passengers a year and these gripes are in the minority. However I am fairly sure that many do not complain simply because the complaints fall on deaf ears. Britain has never been famous for good customer service but Luton airport fails to provide anything but a rudimentary service.

Luton Airport customer review

Had to use Luton Airport last week and met the same old problems with security going out. Long queues again and this time was not allowed through wearing my jeans which were studded fashion jeans. Had to remove my jeans and boots for xray purposes which left me standing there semi naked. Long passport queues on return next day. Next time I fly I will use Stansted.

Luton Airport customer review

This airport has now become a major embarrassment for travellers. December 2011 my wife and I were forced to buy a Security-Fast-Track pass at an extra total cost of £12 as the security staff were incapable of processing passengers quick enough through security channels. The queue was backed up beyond the escalators leading up to the security area. Like most travellers we arrived in plenty of time for our flight but would have missed our flight if we had not proceeded through the Fast-Track-Pass method which incidentally also had a lengthy queue. On returning from our holiday on January 2012 at 21.15 we had to queue for well over one hour to pass through UK Border control as only 4 EU Passport desks were open. The queues were massive containing many frustrated and angry people. The electronic passport system was also not operational. I really dread to think what it will be like during the Olympic Games. Luton airport will no longer be our preferred airport as the last three visits have been dreadful although we have further to travel we will use Stansted Airport for future flights.

Luton Airport customer review

First and last time I will use Luton Airport. Easyjet flight to Geneva December 2011. Huge queues at check- in bag drop queue seemed to go down no faster than the normal check-in. Spent 1 hour in the bag drop queue with a red faced chap from Menzies (Ground Handling) shouting at passengers to get in the right queue. Screens were displaying the wrong information. Eventually a fourth desk was opened and called for remaining Geneva passengers. Ran as fast as possible to security confronted by another massive queue. Got the attention of security staff and told them we were running very late and were in danger of missing our flight. She shrugged her shoulders and walked off. Took nearly another hour to get through security and we missed the flight. Thankfully we got on the next flight. This involved recovering our offloaded bags and going through check-in and security all over again. On return journey waited another 45 minutes for the bags to be offloaded despite the fact ours was the only flight on the board. In short an experience I will not repeat I would rather pay more and fly from elsewhere particularly with children. There are charges for everything and the staff had no interest in making sure people got their flights.

Luton Airport customer review

The worst airport I have ever arrived at. I knew it was going to be bad when passengers had to walk across the runway into a small door to arrivals. The passport queue was akin to being in a hospital corridor. The queue snaked backwards and forwards taking 45 minutes to pass because there simply were not enough passport staff - those who were there were surly and unfriendly. The building was dirty and old. Eastern Europe airports I've been to are a million times better than this. The only positive thing was the bus to central London was easy to find and this was a nice journey but nevertheless avoid Luton airport at all costs.

Luton Airport customer review

Once again had to fly from Luton so was ready for what was to come. Got dropped off at Ibis hotel and walked to terminal 15 mins walk. Headed straight to security and managed to get through pretty quick by saying flight was near to closing. Security staff needed proof of flight before letting me go to front of queue. All was going good until I arrived in departure area then the misery started with the departure lounge in chaos with no seats and no information on flights. Never again will I use Luton.

Luton Airport customer review

Drop off for £1 is a rip off and to clear through security can take more then an hour. Missed my flight today along with 33 other passengers because departure displayed on the screen was 7 mins before the gate closed. Nobody came to explain what went wrong.

Luton Airport customer review

Have just had the misfortune to receive an £80 stopping not even parking fine from APCOA for having the audacity to pull over and put my wife's suitcase in the car outside of one of their £1 pick up rip off points all in the space of 15 seconds. When you consider she had just flown in from Geneva one of the worlds most expensive cities where you can drop off passengers free of parking charges for 15 mins it shows just how over-priced and greedy a once user friendly and great alternative to London's big two airports has become. Will now avoid using Luton just like most other South East UK airports whenever possible.

Luton Airport customer review

Arrived Friday morning checked in easily enough then had to queue for over an hour to even get to security. Security very very slow. We gave ourselves plenty of time arrived at 6.15am for an 8.10am flight had to run to departure gate to board - will never travel from Luton again sooner take a 2 hour journey to Doncaster Sheffield.

Luton Airport customer review

The queue of traffic to even get in to the airport can be suffocating and puts people at serious risk of missing flights. Luton has become famous for its lines of miserable wet passengers dragging luggage after them on the hard shoulder of the motorway in an often futile attempt to make their flight. Once you've queued for the drop-off zone you discover they rob you of £1 for the privilege of dropping someone off. The prices in the short term car park are expensive and the facility itself is a windswept potholed plateau miles from the terminal building. The terminal: an antiquated depressing tin shed lacking natural light virtually any escalators or lifts for immobile passengers and they offer virtually no seating. The queues for passport control on the arrival leg have become legendary and are rarely less than 45 minutes. You the passenger are the least important consideration in this airport your money is the most. I have routinely found myself paying over £100 extra to avoid having to fly from Luton Airport.