Los Angeles LAX Airport

"Endless queues, complete chaos"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Hell on earth is the only way to describe the passport control. Endless queues, complete chaos, no one offering any assistance other than yelling orders. Will avoid flying into LAX at all costs in future.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"I missed my connecting flight "

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | If you are not a US or Canadian citizen, you are made to queue in the one and only queue for transit / arrival. The staff/officers on the ground are rude and are not helpful at all. I checked with 4 different officers, that I have a connecting flight in 2 hours and my visa type is L2. I was just told with a loud voice "I said, all passengers in one queue". Result: I had to wait in the queue, go to the kiosk, enter my details which only indicated that the kiosk does not accept L2 visa and I need to continue to go to the customs queue (what a waste of time!). And then the customs queue again was one single queue (All visa types, all transiting passengers). I missed my connecting flight and had to wait 6 hours for the next flight. Had even one officer said, your Visa goes directly to the customs queue or if there was clear signage, it would have saved 6 hours of my life! Safe to say, for a passenger the airport staff is the first contact with the country. And LAX is failing miserably at representing the USA. If someone from the airport is reading this review, you only need the following queues at immigration: 1) US and Canadian citizens --> Use the dedicated mobile passport area (no queuing required) 2) One queue for Transit cardholders (to a country outside the US) 3) One queue for connecting flight (within the US) boarding pass holders 4) One queue for people actually immigrating It will only make passengers but also your life easier. One thing is for sure, I'm not transiting from LAX ever again.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Customer service is non existent"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible place to fly in or out of. Customer service is non existent. Incredibly rude to all passengers. Joking about coronavirus as we are getting off a flight from Asia and yet not one of them smart enough to wear a mask. Will pay whatever extra money it cost to never come back to this dump again!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"the most inefficient time consuming process"

Trip Verified | This is by far the most inefficient time consuming process for catching a taxi or Lyft! I travel all the time to various airports and what a joke! It took 45 min to get to the point to even catch a car! The worst ever!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"there was no clear signage"

Not Verified | I was on my way to pick up my roommate from Southwest Terminal. Since I am new to living in LA, I didn’t know it was Terminal 1. Took my 40 min to drive 10 miles and when I got to the terminal there was no clear signage that stated where to pick up arrivals. I called my friend and while I was on the phone with her, within 10 seconds, an airport cop told me to keep driving and go all the way around to pick her up. He knew very well that it’d take me another 30-40 min to do that. I responded “my friend is right there!” as she was walking towards us. Within a minute, he decides to write me a $100 ticket. I’ve been in NY all my life - been to JFK, LGA and other airports. Never In my life have I received a ticket at an airport. A minute cost me $100. I was devastated. This guy was seriously just being a jerk.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"This is not a 21st century airport"

Not Verified | Almost one hour spent in a car rental shuttle to get to my terminal and it is not my first bad experience. All major airports in the US and even smaller ones across the world have an air train system that ease congestion and reduce pollution. Why not LAX? This is not a 21st century airport, far from it. Please elect the people who want to make a change to this place!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"wont be getting a transit through LAX ever again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I've been through quite a few airports now and this has to be the worst airport ever. I got a transit from London through to Auckland here, and I spent nearly 3 hours getting through all the different checks and security, just to get back on to the same plane, to take me to Auckland. Safe to say I wont be getting a transit through LAX ever again.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"we were stuck in standstill traffic"

Trip Verified | This is the third time I have had to get out of my Uber over a mile from the airport and walk with my bags to the airport because we were stuck in standstill traffic. This is a ridiculous and appalling standard for what is meant to be one of the biggest international airports in the USA. I know the reason is that they're building a train but this should have been done years ago and having your customers walk for 30 minutes with their bags or risk missing their flights is not an option. They have largely solved the Arrivals traffic issue by having the rideshare cars now pick up at LAX-it - why not do the same for the Departures?
Date VisitDecember 2019

"LAX is hopelessly jammed with traffic"

Trip Verified | LAX is hopelessly jammed with traffic, but worse, is the fact that they removed 95% of their seating outside the security entry points. Imagine flying from abroad into LAX, having to go through customs with your bags, but not being able to check your bags for the flight out to wherever you live, as the flight leaves more than 4 hours from arrival. You are stuck outside the security checkpoints, yet have no place to sit, except on the concrete floors. (I was told the reason is that the 100s of homeless people took all the seating, so they removed it!).

"Absolute farce"

Not Verified | Absolute farce. Why do transit passengers have to go through the 3! stages of passport control just to board their original plane? Passport control staff were (quote) “at the end of shift” and were more focussed on leaving work than getting the backlog of passengers through. Eventually transit passengers were “fastracked “ through with a simple stamp. Why can’t this be done in the first place? 2 hr layover - 5 minutes to get to the gate after passport control. Ridiculous.