Los Angeles LAX Airport

"so congested"

Not Verified | This airport is such a disappointment. It’s so congested and not much seats to sit. I really don’t like transiting through LAX. Too hectic. This was my first trip into Lax since 2000 and I can see why I would avoid this airport again.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"it is getting worse"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | This is without a doubt the worst international airport that I have ever traveled to and it is getting worse each time I visit. The staff are incredibly rude, unfriendly and poorly trained. The queues are ridiculously long and the environment is appalling.

"horrible unfriendly airport"

Trip Verified | What a horrible unfriendly airport. Arrived on a domestic flight (QF12) from New York directly into international departures area. Told to go to Level 1. There are no directions to luggage retrieval. No signs to "Arrivals". No help desks. Police sent us the wrong way. Eventually ended up on level 1 and could not get to the luggage carousels because they are in secure area. Eventually found our luggage unattended sitting in a public area beside a small conveyor belt. So much for security. Lucky our bags were not destroyed! LAX needs to get together with Qantas and sort out this shambles
Date VisitNovember 2018

"too small, cramped and claustrophobic"

Trip Verified | There is really only one major problem with LAX airport: it is much too small, cramped and claustrophobic, in fact. This is the historical result of politics and N.I.M.B.Y.ism. I have used this airport many times, and the staff have generally been patient and courteous. The prices for food services do amount to gouging, but this is normal for airports and LAX is by no means one of the worst offenders.

"extremely expensive"

Trip Verified | I am disabled and needed to get something to eat. The wheelchair assist people dumped me at the gate and I had to beg to get someone to help me get to a food vendor shop. Over crowded and barely friendly people. Everyone walking around with a "superior air" about them. Everything is extremely expensive. Too big!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"inconvenient and time consuming"

Not Verified | I often travel for work and leisure both continental and internationally, and this is by far the worst airport I've ever been to. I have been here multiple times now, and at this point I had to write a review. Staff are unfriendly and not very clear or helpful when giving directions. I also feel like this place is outdated in design and convenience. Having to take a bus to get from terminal to terminal is inconvenient and time consuming. There are times I want to get food at the limited selection of restaurants, but don't have time to go because the bus schedules are unpredictable. So then your option is the very underwhelming gas style deli counters and vending machines. I'd understand if this was a small airport, but this is a major international hub. I can honestly say when I book flights, I got out of my way to make sure I never connect to this airport and on the few rare occasions I get diverted here because some kind of airline problem, I always groan.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"surliest, most miserable, rude"

Trip Verified | The inbound trip from Heathrow was great until we arrived at LAX. Herded like cattle for our turn with the TSA agent we waited 45 minutes, (hoping our suitcases would still be at baggage reclaim) to have our passports checked by the surliest, most miserable, rude and non welcoming person I have ever met in another country. He is a very poor representative for America and he could do with a course in customer service. I didn't expect a brass band for my arrival but his attitude was appalling. The return journey was disappointing too, no good eating places and expensive shops, even duty free.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Staff are extremely rude"

Not Verified | Staff at LAX are extremely rude. Not a very good gateway at all to a pleasant America experience. We had a tight turnaround time to transfer to another flight. There was no assistance from staff to make this easier. We were sent to wrong queues, no empathy was given when airport delays contributed to us being late for our next flight. When we experienced frustration at being told by one staff member that we need not take anything out of our bags when going through security checks and then another reprimanded us for not taking anything out we were told not to come back to America. Staff need to be aware most travellers are just coming off long international flights and just need them to engage in a welcoming manner. A smile occasionally is welcomed. International travellers are not all criminals. We have lives and families just the same as these ‘welcoming’ staff members. As this is the second time we have experienced poor behaviour at this airport, in future we will be attempting to use a different gateway airport into the USA. When leaving the LAX airport staff were wonderful. We were expecting similar behaviours to our arrival experience,but I am happy to report we were pleasantly surprised.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"problem was the lack of care"

Not Verified | I was on an overseas flight. When we arrived at the airport, I had about two hours to get where I needed to go. Plenty of time, except for the delay. I do not blame the airport of any of the airlines for the delay to clarify. I am unsure as to why they had a delay, but imagine it could have been technical - these are overseas planes we are talking about and I am all for them being as safe as possible. The problem was the lack of care I experienced at the airport. When I relayed my nerves about getting to the place on time, the staff seemed apathetic about it. Sure enough, I missed my flight by about five minutes. Like my luggage made it on, but not me kind of close. Now if even one of them had cared enough to offer me a ride or radio the plane to wait, this could have been avoided. Most of them could see that the time was close and even remarked on it, but made no move to actually help me with the problem. But instead, through no fault of my own, I am currently waiting an over six hour layover with no guarantee I will even get on the next flight. The staff for rescheduling were fairly sympathetic and patient about dealing with a very tearful me, since this was not the first major thing to go wrong for me.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"poorly air conditioned"

Not Verified | Terminal 3 is terrible. TSA agent was very rude and I saw him throw a bag across the rollers hitting the plastic bins. Get into the terminal to find that it has a relitively small waiting area that is poorly air conditioned. Temp inside was 78 and muggy, you couple this with some people not bathing properly and it makes for a bad wait. Keep the air cool.
Date VisitJuly 2018