Los Angeles LAX Airport

"just unacceptable behavior"

Not Verified | Worst experience I’ve ever had within the first 10 minutes of being here. Now let me preface this with a large thank you to those working under the circumstances of a pandemic. This is not easy work and I appreciate those who come to work everyday. I understand that many things have changed and are changing to accommodate COVID-19 mandates and regulations. With that being said, I am still a customer and expect a certain standard of customer service. First we walk in and have already checked in online so no need to go to the kiosks. My father and I walk over to go through TSA. A gentleman asks to see our boarding pass. This ain’t where they scan the boarding pass by the way. So my father shows him his boarding pass on his phone and the gentleman walks away from us. A few seconds later he walks over to us and in a raised tone asks to see my boarding pass. So my father shows him my boarding pass on his phone. The gentleman proceeds to tell us in a raised and non-neutral tone that why would we think to not to shows the other pass. Okay, I get your point but isn’t it unprofessional to speak to people that way. AND you didn’t even look at the boarding pass. So we go in line, ignoring the guy still ranting to us and go to scan out boarding passes. The names were switched for our seats and were showing up wrong on the phone and his scanner. Instead of being patient and working with us to see what was wrong, he rolls his eyes and says “my computer says something different so I can’t let you pass”. Again, totally understand that is a rule that you must follow. However, there’s no need to roll your eyes because we are just as confused as you. We the. Go through TSA. What an absolute mess. Everything is so backed up by the continue to let people go through. So after you go through the scanner you need to wait in line AGAIN to get your belongings. And by wait in line I mean for 5 minutes. Doesn’t seem like a long time but ideally it should take one minute for my belongings to be checked after I have been scanned. There are workers standing around chatting it up instead of helping their coworkers. What kind of team is that? I just don’t understand what kind of place would allow their workers to speak to customers in those tones. Now, it’s not like we raised our voices first. I’m all for customer service employees to stand up for themselves when being disrespected. No one should have to put up with that. However, we never raised our voices or put blame onto the workers yet we were disrespected because? Don’t forget those workers who are doing their job. Especially with a pandemic, there’s no reason for extra people to just be standing around. You are increasing their risk and the risk of others. This is just unacceptable behavior.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"this airport has some serious issues"

Not Verified | Don't fly in or out of here! This airport is a joke, and I’ve flown all around the country, by far this airport has some serious issues with pretty much everything. The terminals are being remodeled, so we got off and onto a bus that dropped us off at a door that then took us back into the airport to get extremely lost because, why would you put direction signs? Getting your car from the car rental is another chore that you get to wait for a bus to take you to. Don’t let me get started on that complete mess, no organization, poor customer service, it took us from the airport to actually getting the car over an hour! On our departure, we got dropped off at the bottom level baggage claim by our lovely, being so sarcastic here, car rental bus driver. Again, no signs of directions to anything! Finally figuring things out on our own, because apparently no one works here at 6 am, getting through TSA was pure hell! I’ve never been talked down to, yelled at, or felt like I was doing something wrong, this is exactly how I felt the entire experience going through TSA. It really solidified me never flying into or out of LAX ever again. Fly into Long Beach of John Wayne Orange County.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"Worst airport I have experienced in the USA"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have experienced in the USA. Endless mazes to walk through when entering from international. Dirty. Crowded. Staff yelling at people and this was at 6am. Avoid this airport. I saw signs that 1.2 billion was being spent to modernize - will it be enough? Door alarms repeated sounded and many people had to cover their ears. I gave an overall rating of 1 - I did make the connection (barely) and got through the place but it was an unpleasant experience all around.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Avoid this airport like the plague"

Not Verified | Complete dump. Falling apart, stinks, and the workers are absolutely incompetent. Avoid this airport like the plague. Makes me never want to fly again
Date VisitMarch 2020

"airport is very out of date"

Not Verified | This airport is very out of date, it is impossible to find where you’re going because of the poor signage. The sidewalks are so narrow and you have to walk outside of the airport because it is under construction, there is nowhere to sit in the terminal, the staff are not helpful or friendly and the food is ridiculously overpriced.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"poorly managed by airport staff"

Not Verified | My goodness the worst airport experience ever. Queues, queues and more queues, two hours nearly missed my flight. Shouted, herded and poorly managed by airport staff. Not a good advert for hospitality for a visitor. If travelling to NZ again I will not be going to LAX. I would advise anybody transiting through to think twice. I have nothing positive to comment about the experience within LAX airport. If I could give zero for queuing and staff below I would do so.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Endless queues, complete chaos"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Hell on earth is the only way to describe the passport control. Endless queues, complete chaos, no one offering any assistance other than yelling orders. Will avoid flying into LAX at all costs in future.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"I missed my connecting flight "

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | If you are not a US or Canadian citizen, you are made to queue in the one and only queue for transit / arrival. The staff/officers on the ground are rude and are not helpful at all. I checked with 4 different officers, that I have a connecting flight in 2 hours and my visa type is L2. I was just told with a loud voice "I said, all passengers in one queue". Result: I had to wait in the queue, go to the kiosk, enter my details which only indicated that the kiosk does not accept L2 visa and I need to continue to go to the customs queue (what a waste of time!). And then the customs queue again was one single queue (All visa types, all transiting passengers). I missed my connecting flight and had to wait 6 hours for the next flight. Had even one officer said, your Visa goes directly to the customs queue or if there was clear signage, it would have saved 6 hours of my life! Safe to say, for a passenger the airport staff is the first contact with the country. And LAX is failing miserably at representing the USA. If someone from the airport is reading this review, you only need the following queues at immigration: 1) US and Canadian citizens --> Use the dedicated mobile passport area (no queuing required) 2) One queue for Transit cardholders (to a country outside the US) 3) One queue for connecting flight (within the US) boarding pass holders 4) One queue for people actually immigrating It will only make passengers but also your life easier. One thing is for sure, I'm not transiting from LAX ever again.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Customer service is non existent"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible place to fly in or out of. Customer service is non existent. Incredibly rude to all passengers. Joking about coronavirus as we are getting off a flight from Asia and yet not one of them smart enough to wear a mask. Will pay whatever extra money it cost to never come back to this dump again!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"the most inefficient time consuming process"

Trip Verified | This is by far the most inefficient time consuming process for catching a taxi or Lyft! I travel all the time to various airports and what a joke! It took 45 min to get to the point to even catch a car! The worst ever!
Date VisitJanuary 2020