Los Angeles LAX Airport

"extremely expensive"

Trip Verified | I am disabled and needed to get something to eat. The wheelchair assist people dumped me at the gate and I had to beg to get someone to help me get to a food vendor shop. Over crowded and barely friendly people. Everyone walking around with a "superior air" about them. Everything is extremely expensive. Too big!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"inconvenient and time consuming"

Not Verified | I often travel for work and leisure both continental and internationally, and this is by far the worst airport I've ever been to. I have been here multiple times now, and at this point I had to write a review. Staff are unfriendly and not very clear or helpful when giving directions. I also feel like this place is outdated in design and convenience. Having to take a bus to get from terminal to terminal is inconvenient and time consuming. There are times I want to get food at the limited selection of restaurants, but don't have time to go because the bus schedules are unpredictable. So then your option is the very underwhelming gas style deli counters and vending machines. I'd understand if this was a small airport, but this is a major international hub. I can honestly say when I book flights, I got out of my way to make sure I never connect to this airport and on the few rare occasions I get diverted here because some kind of airline problem, I always groan.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"surliest, most miserable, rude"

Trip Verified | The inbound trip from Heathrow was great until we arrived at LAX. Herded like cattle for our turn with the TSA agent we waited 45 minutes, (hoping our suitcases would still be at baggage reclaim) to have our passports checked by the surliest, most miserable, rude and non welcoming person I have ever met in another country. He is a very poor representative for America and he could do with a course in customer service. I didn't expect a brass band for my arrival but his attitude was appalling. The return journey was disappointing too, no good eating places and expensive shops, even duty free.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Staff are extremely rude"

Not Verified | Staff at LAX are extremely rude. Not a very good gateway at all to a pleasant America experience. We had a tight turnaround time to transfer to another flight. There was no assistance from staff to make this easier. We were sent to wrong queues, no empathy was given when airport delays contributed to us being late for our next flight. When we experienced frustration at being told by one staff member that we need not take anything out of our bags when going through security checks and then another reprimanded us for not taking anything out we were told not to come back to America. Staff need to be aware most travellers are just coming off long international flights and just need them to engage in a welcoming manner. A smile occasionally is welcomed. International travellers are not all criminals. We have lives and families just the same as these ‘welcoming’ staff members. As this is the second time we have experienced poor behaviour at this airport, in future we will be attempting to use a different gateway airport into the USA. When leaving the LAX airport staff were wonderful. We were expecting similar behaviours to our arrival experience,but I am happy to report we were pleasantly surprised.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"problem was the lack of care"

Not Verified | I was on an overseas flight. When we arrived at the airport, I had about two hours to get where I needed to go. Plenty of time, except for the delay. I do not blame the airport of any of the airlines for the delay to clarify. I am unsure as to why they had a delay, but imagine it could have been technical - these are overseas planes we are talking about and I am all for them being as safe as possible. The problem was the lack of care I experienced at the airport. When I relayed my nerves about getting to the place on time, the staff seemed apathetic about it. Sure enough, I missed my flight by about five minutes. Like my luggage made it on, but not me kind of close. Now if even one of them had cared enough to offer me a ride or radio the plane to wait, this could have been avoided. Most of them could see that the time was close and even remarked on it, but made no move to actually help me with the problem. But instead, through no fault of my own, I am currently waiting an over six hour layover with no guarantee I will even get on the next flight. The staff for rescheduling were fairly sympathetic and patient about dealing with a very tearful me, since this was not the first major thing to go wrong for me.

"poorly air conditioned"

Not Verified | Terminal 3 is terrible. TSA agent was very rude and I saw him throw a bag across the rollers hitting the plastic bins. Get into the terminal to find that it has a relitively small waiting area that is poorly air conditioned. Temp inside was 78 and muggy, you couple this with some people not bathing properly and it makes for a bad wait. Keep the air cool.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"hot, humid and smelly inside"

Trip Verified | It was the worst airport experience I’ve ever had! I arrived in the terminal where there were no family restrooms and when I asked about it I was sent to the nursing room instead. The nursing room is another bad story! It was next to the restroom and didn’t have any ventilation. It was hot, humid and smelly inside. After couple of minutes with my baby I felt sick and we left. In the therminal we find a family restroom but with other name. It was “All genders restroom” guess what? They all were busy because everyone wants to go and check the restroom so we have to wait and wait. One of the doors in “all genders” restroom was broken. It let you in but you can’t go out. I pushed an emergency button but they didn’t care and I was rescued when other mom with a baby pushed the button from outside. The people on the checking point were rude! I had to wait a long time for my stroller because they placed it on the side and forget to check it, finally when it was cleared, they told me go back to the scanners and pick it up but in that time my baby was so tired and frustrated so he laid down on the floor (very dirty by the way) and cried so I couldn’t move anywhere and I begged them to bring the stroller to me and they just stayed there. Finally one of the passengers brought the stroller to us. I changed 5 different planes in two different countries that day and LA airport was the worst!

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | I was forced to check a small backpack even though it was small in size, fit under the seat in front of me on the way to LAX and was much smaller than everyone else’s carry on items. They forced me to check because I was carrying a very small cross strap purse around me and considered that multiple personal items even though every other female in line had a purse and backpack or carry on item. Worst customer service at LAX airport than I have ever experienced in my life.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Worst arrival delays in 25 years"

Trip Verified | Worst arrival delays in 25 years of coming to LAX: stalled queues, exit queue serviced by only 4 agents. Terminal 3 elevators: 1 not working and the other does not take you to a door. Third world mobile/cell coverage in the terminals Restrooms in T3 smell.

"Shame, shame on you"

Trip Verified | LAX should be ashamed of themselves, treating your customers like cattle. The stress of arriving to (and from) the airport (and it's not just the new construction). Cattle going to the slaughter house are treated more humanely than the unfortunate people who frequent LAX airport. The only slight relief was the refreshment area which lasted one second till he told me the price of a bottle of water. Shame on you. Were we paying for all that excessive marble and advertising glitz in Arrivals? (Thats a whole different complaint). You should be looking at how other airports address the traffic. Barcelona for one, who separate the buses, shuttles, taxis etc from the cars. Its a great stressless experience. Great unassuming restaurants that you pay reasonable prices, shops that cater to the masses instead of the wealthy. Your mantra seems to be grab as much money as you can from the unsuspecting victims and then wait for them to complain. Shame, shame on you. The employees are miserable and rude, not a smile or welcome from any of them. Being shuttled like cattle to the airplane in a miserable over crowded bus. Shame shame. Look at Gatwick airport, where they have a hotel in the airport for early morning travelers, where they have a train station that is an elevator floor away from check in. Stressless and a great experience. LAX is a stressful money grabbing people barking orders mass of confusion. Hateful experience. I would like my money back for the excessive price of the bottled water. Shame. When I return I will no doubt have a horrible experience but when I glance at the marble and the glitz of the advertising my thought would be "why did they spend the money on this instead of finding a way to eliminate the lines, the traffic, the confusion, the miserable employees, the expensive shops and the the most unwelcome airport ever.