Los Angeles LAX Airport

"in need of a serious upgrade"

Not Verified | Entered LAX on the way in from Melbourne Via Auckland and again from Cancun to LAX, not a lot has changed since last year, still found this airport in need of a serious upgrade and adjusting of a few attitudes, sure your airport is busy, however there is no reason to be rude to people, we are bringing in money to your country. I still find it hard to believe if you are in America you go through a different line, can anyone tell me why? I do sense that this airport is under staffed, every time I fly to the USA I Dred going through LAX customs. Another hint for your departure, put clear signs up for what you want, shoes off, computers out ECT, we are not mind readers and it is stressful enough with lining up for hours to get to your destination.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"TSA staff were all extremely rude"

This is the worst airport. The TSA staff were all extremely rude. I was returning from an international flight when I was stopped because of a bottle of olive oil (under 3 liters) in my bag. Without unwrapping the bag to see the size two TSA agents told me I could either go to the back and check it or throw it. I told them it was 100ml (under the max amount), the female TSA continued to argue and said it didn’t matter. I gave up and said throw it. I watched as the male TSA finally unwrapped the bottle and realized it was okay for me to take. I watched as 4 TSA agents passed the bottle around laughing. When they noticed me watching he walked over and said he didn’t realize I was waiting for it and gave it back to me. Awful and very rude. I would gladly pay extra to fly out of any other airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the worst airport available in the USA"

Not Verified | Absolute garbage. Bring back the Uber’s and cabs to pick up area. There is absolutely no one with any intelligence in charge of designing the customers experience at the airport. Hands down the worst airport available in the USA.

"Horrible outdated airport"

Trip Verified | Horrible outdated airport. We always dread flying in and out of LAX. The airport is confusing, busy, outdated and dirty. Not to mention very unpleasant to look at and lacy of amenities. Do yourself a favor the avoid LAX whenever possible and drive the extra distance to another airport.

"the TSA was terrific"

Not Verified | For all of the bad press they receive, I have to say my experience with the TSA was terrific. Because I have metal implants, I needed a body scan machine. The nice man walked me over to the machine, held my phone while I went through and then walked me back to my husband. He was terrific. Thank you, TSA for keeping us safe.

"Airport is too crowded"

Not Verified | This Airport is too crowded, it took us 1 hour to arrive at terminal 7. Then there is no parking spot. We had a flight at 9.30, we left our home at 5.00 am and arrived at 7.00 in LAX but unfortunately took us another 1 hour to reach terminal 7, we missed our flight because we weren't able to check in before 1 hour, we were late by 10 min and then I talked to customer service who wasn't very helpful and was just showing an attitude and replying that no you can't get on that flight. I'm sure there is always a way to take care of your customers.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"a complete and total disaster"

Not Verified | The new ride share and taxi pickup lot is a complete and total disaster. It is the Fyre Festival of transportation. Everyone that is involved in its planning and implementation should be shot into outer space. It is one of the most comprehensive expressions of failure I have ever witnessed.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"can’t get a taxi at the curb"

Not Verified | World's worst airport. You can’t get a taxi at the curb, you have to walk or shuttle to a funnelled location and stand in line for 30-minutes and then fight with traffic trying to leave cause everyone is funnelled to one location. Ridiculous that you can’t get a yellow cab curbside. Uber and Lyft (discount providers) should be the only ones that have to be outside the airport. Tack on an extra 45 mins for commute time just to get in a car and out of the airport.

"Severe traffic congestion"

Not Verified | Severe traffic congestion at 10pm. Emerging from Freeway 105 will take you an hour or so to World Way street. The road leading to the terminals are inadequate to handle the private cars, shuttles, taxis, buses, etc. Make serious time adjustment before departure or else you will miss your flight.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Arrival into TBIT not too onerous"

Not Verified | Arrival into TBIT was not too onerous overall but beware if your departure from TBIT is from gate 138 or thereabouts as these are described as bus gates. The whole part of that building was bus station like with only one small shop. It was very much amateur hour that evening on gate 138 because the check in staff had been looking without success for a bus coordinator for the last 90 minutes. No bus coordinator equals no bus!. We eventually boarded a bus and were taken out to a remote stand (not BAs fault as they were also keen to point out). Then we had to walk up a series of ramps to board the aircraft. Terminal 4 at this airport is a lot nicer overall.
Date VisitOctober 2019