Los Angeles LAX Airport

"the most inefficient time consuming process"

Trip Verified | This is by far the most inefficient time consuming process for catching a taxi or Lyft! I travel all the time to various airports and what a joke! It took 45 min to get to the point to even catch a car! The worst ever!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"there was no clear signage"

Not Verified | I was on my way to pick up my roommate from Southwest Terminal. Since I am new to living in LA, I didn’t know it was Terminal 1. Took my 40 min to drive 10 miles and when I got to the terminal there was no clear signage that stated where to pick up arrivals. I called my friend and while I was on the phone with her, within 10 seconds, an airport cop told me to keep driving and go all the way around to pick her up. He knew very well that it’d take me another 30-40 min to do that. I responded “my friend is right there!” as she was walking towards us. Within a minute, he decides to write me a $100 ticket. I’ve been in NY all my life - been to JFK, LGA and other airports. Never In my life have I received a ticket at an airport. A minute cost me $100. I was devastated. This guy was seriously just being a jerk.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"This is not a 21st century airport"

Not Verified | Almost one hour spent in a car rental shuttle to get to my terminal and it is not my first bad experience. All major airports in the US and even smaller ones across the world have an air train system that ease congestion and reduce pollution. Why not LAX? This is not a 21st century airport, far from it. Please elect the people who want to make a change to this place!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"wont be getting a transit through LAX ever again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I've been through quite a few airports now and this has to be the worst airport ever. I got a transit from London through to Auckland here, and I spent nearly 3 hours getting through all the different checks and security, just to get back on to the same plane, to take me to Auckland. Safe to say I wont be getting a transit through LAX ever again.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"we were stuck in standstill traffic"

Trip Verified | This is the third time I have had to get out of my Uber over a mile from the airport and walk with my bags to the airport because we were stuck in standstill traffic. This is a ridiculous and appalling standard for what is meant to be one of the biggest international airports in the USA. I know the reason is that they're building a train but this should have been done years ago and having your customers walk for 30 minutes with their bags or risk missing their flights is not an option. They have largely solved the Arrivals traffic issue by having the rideshare cars now pick up at LAX-it - why not do the same for the Departures?
Date VisitDecember 2019

"LAX is hopelessly jammed with traffic"

Trip Verified | LAX is hopelessly jammed with traffic, but worse, is the fact that they removed 95% of their seating outside the security entry points. Imagine flying from abroad into LAX, having to go through customs with your bags, but not being able to check your bags for the flight out to wherever you live, as the flight leaves more than 4 hours from arrival. You are stuck outside the security checkpoints, yet have no place to sit, except on the concrete floors. (I was told the reason is that the 100s of homeless people took all the seating, so they removed it!).

"Absolute farce"

Not Verified | Absolute farce. Why do transit passengers have to go through the 3! stages of passport control just to board their original plane? Passport control staff were (quote) “at the end of shift” and were more focussed on leaving work than getting the backlog of passengers through. Eventually transit passengers were “fastracked “ through with a simple stamp. Why can’t this be done in the first place? 2 hr layover - 5 minutes to get to the gate after passport control. Ridiculous.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst 4 hour layover ever"

Trip Verified | Worst 4 hour layover ever. I landed at 12:40am and my next flight isn’t until 6am. The temperature in the terminal is so cold my joints ache after sitting here for 4 hours. It’s maybe 50 degrees. There are approx 10 other people here and everyone is freezing. Turn on some heat!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I had to sit on the concrete ground"

Not Verified | The Delta terminal is awful! Not one place to sit if you are waiting for someone. No one wants to help either! DO not fly Delta into LAX. I flew in and waited for my daughter to fly in 2 hours after me. I had to sit on the concrete ground.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"in need of a serious upgrade"

Not Verified | Entered LAX on the way in from Melbourne Via Auckland and again from Cancun to LAX, not a lot has changed since last year, still found this airport in need of a serious upgrade and adjusting of a few attitudes, sure your airport is busy, however there is no reason to be rude to people, we are bringing in money to your country. I still find it hard to believe if you are in America you go through a different line, can anyone tell me why? I do sense that this airport is under staffed, every time I fly to the USA I Dred going through LAX customs. Another hint for your departure, put clear signs up for what you want, shoes off, computers out ECT, we are not mind readers and it is stressful enough with lining up for hours to get to your destination.
Date VisitNovember 2019