Los Angeles LAX Airport

"we deserve to be treated better"

Trip Verified | The airport lady personnel at the exit after baggage claim was very rude. It was not busy when we arrived Feb 5, 2019, 7:30am so after almost 25 hours travel time we were walking slowly and she said "move faster, what are you afraid of?". Then the male personnel at the customs was also rude when he pointed us to the secondary inspection. He said "go to letter a, don’t you know letter aaaaaaa?" We are Filipino American professional friends who vacationed together and we are slower but not dumb. We understand the letter a. We were treated way better in other international airports and to be treated this way by our fellow Americans is just unacceptable. The screening of our bags did not produce any "banned items" like they "expected" coming from the Philippines. We came from Incheon airport and I accidentally forgot to eat a fully wrapped individual banana and the male personnel made it appear a intentionally committed "crime". He asked for my passport back and obviously typed something on the computer. When I asked what’s with the passport, he said "what we do with your passport is none of your business". What a rude response. There should be a major overhaul of airport personnnel training in customer service and emphasize that we pay for airport services and indirectly their salaries and we deserve to be treated better.

"Avoid this awful place"

Not Verified | Rudest employees of any company I have ever met in all my years. I've had interactions with over 20 airport employee's (TSA, food service, others) and haven't heard the words please or thank all day. All employees have a staring problem. If you ask an employee for help of anykind be ready to receive the wrong directions and be ready to figure out the problem for yourself. Avoid this awful place at all costs.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"has got to be the worst terminal"

Not Verified | Terminal 4, 01 Feb 2019. This has got to be the worst terminal I have ever been through. Very frequent business traveler. Poor seating. Poor food choices. And one, yes one (1) working restroom from gates 40 to 49. The terminal is packed. Tempers are getting heated. The data signal here is non-existent, a slow wifi is your only connectivity. This the best you can do LAX? You should be ashamed!

"awful ordeal"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Horrible transit experience in LA on 18th January. I have travelled this route several times over the last few years and never experienced quite such lengthy and convoluted queues for Immigration. We reached the automatic scanning machines reasonably quickly but then were made to join another queue which spiralled around the arrivals hall, it took 2 hours to reach the manned desk where we were obliged to undergo repeat fingerprint and photography. Why twice for passengers who are only waiting for a plane to be serviced during a 2 hour transit? All that our airline staff could do was to call out that the plane would wait for us! I was then subjected to aggressive questioning around the item which I was legitimately carrying as documented, checked in luggage safely stowed in the hold of the aircraft. Officers threatened that they would unload my luggage for inspection and I would be forced to miss my flight. My passports were confiscated during this process and I was made to wait on the border with no id documents. Three officers discussed this between themselves, none of them asked me for the documentation and I was treated like a criminal. When their supervisor finally arrived after about 20 minutes of this she instructed them to let me go and board the plane which was by this time waiting for me. I sincerely hope don't have to go through this awful ordeal again.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"the signage was dreadful"

Not Verified | The airport was dingy, the signage was dreadful, most of the staff were unfriendly and very abrupt, I don't think I saw a smile from any of the airport staff, the general system for organising and directing passengers was a shambles. The experience was rather like entering a third world country. This is the second time I have traveled through LA airport and I am not impressed. I would like to say this not a reflection on the American People, who generally I find extremely friendly and helpful, including the excellent LA police department. It is a shame that visiting such a delightful part of America is spoilt by such an awful experience.

"Another bad experience"

Trip Verified | Another bad experience in this State of the Art Airport due to horrible employees, misinformed or possibly just stupid. Bathroom was worse than Lima, Peru. Start hiring people who actually care and people might change attitudes regarding this dump. 2 out of 5 stars is not anything to be proud of. This is my 5th time here in a year and my 3rd bad review. The other 2 times I didn't have enough battery on my phone and there wasn't a charging station or plug in working at the gate.

"airport was disappointing"

Not Verified | To say this airport was disappointing would be an understatement. International arrivals is a complete cluster. Luggage transfer was a real joy. Why they have a ramp going up makes no sense other than makeing it more difficult for families, elderly and anyone who may have difficulty moving their luggage. Signage is awefull. Good luck finding which way you need to go and employees are no help other than saying keep moving. TSA was a real joy as well. No communication skills at all. Xray machine broke and instead of letting us know they had started moving our stuff to another line we were all just standing around looking at each other wondering whats going on. Little to no seating in the gate areas. I fly quite often for work and this has to be one of the worst. Will definitely try and avoid in the future.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"so congested"

Not Verified | This airport is such a disappointment. It’s so congested and not much seats to sit. I really don’t like transiting through LAX. Too hectic. This was my first trip into Lax since 2000 and I can see why I would avoid this airport again.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"it is getting worse"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | This is without a doubt the worst international airport that I have ever traveled to and it is getting worse each time I visit. The staff are incredibly rude, unfriendly and poorly trained. The queues are ridiculously long and the environment is appalling.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"horrible unfriendly airport"

Trip Verified | What a horrible unfriendly airport. Arrived on a domestic flight (QF12) from New York directly into international departures area. Told to go to Level 1. There are no directions to luggage retrieval. No signs to "Arrivals". No help desks. Police sent us the wrong way. Eventually ended up on level 1 and could not get to the luggage carousels because they are in secure area. Eventually found our luggage unattended sitting in a public area beside a small conveyor belt. So much for security. Lucky our bags were not destroyed! LAX needs to get together with Qantas and sort out this shambles
Date VisitNovember 2018