Los Angeles LAX Airport

"trash and food everywhere"

Trip Verified | Delta has two terminals which are specific to your flight, yet the receipt to the flight did not specify what terminal which I find irresponsible and uninformative. Then on top of our flight being delayed 2 hours and 45 minutes without a reason why, we were forced to wait near the terminals where there was about 1/3 of the seating as there were people in the terminals. Tons of empty space there could have been seating installed. Floors absolutely disgusting with trash and food everywhere on top of broken down restrooms. By far the most awfully designed and maintained terminal I've ever had to wait in my life, including 3rd world countries I've traveled to and from that were more nice than this. This place should be shut down especially for how greedy they are with flight prices on top of every single flight I've booked this month being delayed and only one being from an actual weather issue which I understand is out of the airports control and didn't make a fuss about. However, now its like they're simply taking advantage of the people not having any other option to traveling in most cases.
Date VisitJune 2019

"These guys could not be more rude"

Not Verified | Every airport I’ve been to in every state in every country has been better than LAX except for Newark. Newark is the worst but LAX is a close second. TSA is usually at least ambilavent with their attitude but slow always. There is never enough chairs in the terminal, I usually sit on the floor. Much worse though, is the attendants outside who shoo away people trying to pick up their loved ones. These guys could not be more rude about this literally every single time. The power goes to their heads in such a pathetic way. I’m waiting for my mom and he asks me to go all the way around again, but I can see her she’s just zipping up a bag and this guy starts writing my license plate number down and taking pictures of me. Even when you do move like they want you to, they will just harass you again when you come back around. They act like you came to the airport just to annoy them and there is no necessity for their job. I feel bad because they do just want to keep the line moving but I’ve never seen the arrivals get that cramped that they need this weird pickup queue gustappo.
Date VisitJune 2019

"unhelpful and very poorly organised"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We found this airport to be unhelpful and very poorly organised. We arrived with a reasonable amount of time to met our connecting flight. We arrived at the at immigration to find a huge very slow moving queue. They only had about a quarter of the booths open and no one wanted to help us at all. It took 1.5 hours to be processed. We asked several staff if they could help us get to our flight on time and not one person offered any help at all. There was no one to help us get from terminal B to 6 so had to run, which is no mean feat when you are in your 70s. We later found out there is a shuttle which no one told us about. We made our plane but only after member of the public let ups jump the xray queue. On our return trip through your airport we found the signage difficult and at no stage could we find directions to shuttles. This time we were on terminal 7 going to B. We took the wrong option and walked all the way. There is so much you could do to improve your service and I hope that by our next experience things may have changed. For goodness sake fully man you immigration booths when you have so many aircraft arriving.
Date VisitMay 2019

"only has barstool style seating"

Not Verified | Because of my ridiculous 13 hour layover I couldn't check my bags until 6 hours before my departure. Unfortunately the area of the airport that you can access with bags that still need to be checked only has barstool style seating, or you could just sit on the ground. I have a bad hip. So you know how much it hurts to have to either sit on barstool type chairs, which are really high, or sit on the ground, which is really low, when you have a bad hip? Obviously not or you'd put some regular chairs in somewhere for your handicapped, but not handicapped enough to want to be embarrassed by using a wheelchair when you don't need to, customers. Oh and maybe fix your WiFi so it works in the bathrooms.
Date VisitMay 2019

"has no notion of efficiency"

We touched down at 8pm and it was another 45 minutes before I could set foot in the terminal building. This is a massive airport that has no notion of efficiency. I only had cabin luggage, but even then, from entering the terminal until getting a cab took another twenty minutes. Few airports in the world are so inefficient and poorly designed.

"overwhelming incompetency"

Trip Verified | Oh, where to start. I've been through Riyadh airport (apparently the worst in the world) during a blackout and had a better experience than transiting through LAX. Twice. Both times 4 hour layover, first transit waited for almost 3 hours at immigration and had to run to make my flight. About a third of fellow passengers missed their connections. There were 3 or 4 officers checking passports and another 15 or so mall cops standing around barking orders and generally being unhelpful. Return trip, went through immigration in about 15 minutes but was then told by three seperate employees to go to the wrong terminal. The last was 'Information' desk who told me, with rather shameless dismissiveness, not to worry that my flight wasnt on the departure board. Then went through security to find, surprise, surprise, I was in the worng terminal. There is no information desk airside, eventually had to accost some maintenance workers who kindly made some calls to direct me to the correct terminal. Why this was so hard is incompletely beyond comprehension. Note, I had checked in at the time if my first leg, so gate details were not on my boarding pass. Eventually got to the gate to find people flayed across the ground - for some reason the gate had no seats. By this stage the overwhelming incompetency became comical and I had a good laugh. There were another few terrible encounters with outright obnoxious staff at LAX which on another day I would have cared more about. Allow at least 4 hours for transit and also meditate or pray beforehand (depending on your disposition). I would say avoid but unfortunately there aren't many options.

"customer service non-existent"

Not Verified | Very bad, layout is not good, customer service non-existent, security was rude and talked about inappropriate things out loud. Had to deal with incredibly rude people while trying to figure out that my terminal was 10min away and I had to walk outside while everyone is arriving or leaving which was chaos. Shocked by this experience after coming from Heathrow airport.
Date VisitMay 2019

"I think this is an excellent airport"

Not Verified | A lot of the reviews for LAX here are harsh and exaggerated. Personally I think this is an excellent airport, especially the Tom Bradley Terminal. I flew in from Sydney on April 15 and was through immigration and customs in less than 10 minutes. For those of you thinking that was a lucky fluke, this was not my first time getting through this airport quickly on arrival, despite numerous other international flights arriving around the same time (6am). The staff were all courteous. I admit the other terminals need some work and the traffic is bad but they are doing a lot of construction. Orlando and JFK remain the worst airports in the US. LAX and DFW are both excellent.
Date VisitApril 2019

"only worthy of condemnation"

Trip Verified | Joe Biden once compared decaying Airports in the US pretty similar to 3rd World Countries. Ladies & Gentlemen : Exhibit A The Los Angeles Airport A 3rd World, 3rd Class Airport. LAX got its last renovation back in 1984 when the Olympics were in town. Thats about 35 years ago! That is the type of vibe Los Angeles Airport has. The Airport that time forgot. One of the major paradoxes in the world is that Los Angeles gets more visitors than practically anywhere else in the world. Fourth to be Exact for this year. And yet it is an International embarrassment to walk to one and through one. This is even far more true for domestic travels. Yes, I'm pretty sure Joe Biden flew into LAX and that is when he famously is quoted for "Some of these Airports we have here in the US are 3rd world in class." There is nothing in these Airports you will ever take your camera and pose with. And that - is tragically - pathetic. How do you spell LAX? P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. You have Hollywood right here. Legions of iconic celebrities. Monroe. Hepburn. James Dean. Legions of classy world class photographs and you see not one anywhere in this sorry excuse of an airport. How bad Los Angeles Airport is, it a testimony to how pathetic the city's leaders are. No vision. No Class. Just like their airport. A 3rd World Airport. I was here, unfortunately, just this month in April for a flight out with United. Dear God, will someone take a photo of this horror - this sorry excuse for an Airport - and put it next to photos from the Airport in Munich, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore or anywhere else in the world. Suffice it to say, Los Angeles Airport - for a world class destination - is firmly cemented in a 3rd world class reputation. If you can avoid the LAX Los Angeles Airport - do so - it is like a Plague. Its not like me to criticize without offering resolutions. Disney. Universal Studios. Have them sponsor a renaissance into the world of tomorrow. Have them foot the bill sponsoring something more World Class than 3rd class, 3rd world class, only worthy of condemnation, by the likes of Vice President Joe Biden.

"Horrible traffic management"

Not Verified | Takes 45 mins to come in a private car from the airport to any terminal. We reached the airport boulevard at 9.45pm and by the time we got to the terminal 3 it was 10.30pm. Horrible traffic management, worse than an under developed country.