Los Angeles LAX Airport

"No proper seating available"

NotVerified | No proper seating available. Terminal 3 is very small. Seating arrangements are very uncomfortable with a lot of people sleeping on the floor. Only 2 to 3 food chains available, hard to find vegetarian food. Staff are supportive. Wifi is disconnected often.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"treated with such disrespect"

Not Verified | On Tuesday, July 29th 2019, at 1:24PM, while picking up my husband (in my car), at Delta Terminal 3F Arrivals, an officer vaguely motioned to me. In confusion, I pulled over and asked for clarification and direction. Within 10 seconds, my husband entered the car, but I noticed the officer noted my plates. Still in confusion, I asked the officer what he was trying to tell me in motioning. He refused to explain but told me I would be getting a ticket. He refused to provide his last name. This, with a very smug attitude, leaving me in further confusion, now in stress. What was he motioning to me? Why was he noting my plates? Why did he say he was ticketing me? Why wouldn’t he explain? Why was he so smug and disrespectful? I've never been so confused, stressed, and treated with such disrespect. I'll be escalating this issue until an explanation is provided and an apology is granted.

"heavy traffic"

Trip Verified | All international terminals at major airports are busy during peak hours of departure or arrival. These are my specific complaints about my July 24, 2019 flight out of Bradley Terminal at LAX: cell phone service stopped working the moment I entered the aircraft, flights were delayed getting in line for departure due to LAX's heavy traffic.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"6th worst airport design in the US"

Trip Verified | A simple search shows LAX being ranked as the 6th worst airport design in the US, this doesn’t surprise me. It’s like do we just keep kicking the can down the road or overhaul this hell hole. Has the worst parts of Philly airport, taking busses between terminal transfers, but none of the good things. I get this place was planned out way back in the day but get with the program, maybe they can’t overhaul LAX because Cali is bankrupt, who knows. Can the architects and planners take a trip to Atlanta please, when you go bring your notepad.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"trash and food everywhere"

Trip Verified | Delta has two terminals which are specific to your flight, yet the receipt to the flight did not specify what terminal which I find irresponsible and uninformative. Then on top of our flight being delayed 2 hours and 45 minutes without a reason why, we were forced to wait near the terminals where there was about 1/3 of the seating as there were people in the terminals. Tons of empty space there could have been seating installed. Floors absolutely disgusting with trash and food everywhere on top of broken down restrooms. By far the most awfully designed and maintained terminal I've ever had to wait in my life, including 3rd world countries I've traveled to and from that were more nice than this. This place should be shut down especially for how greedy they are with flight prices on top of every single flight I've booked this month being delayed and only one being from an actual weather issue which I understand is out of the airports control and didn't make a fuss about. However, now its like they're simply taking advantage of the people not having any other option to traveling in most cases.
Date VisitJune 2019

"These guys could not be more rude"

Not Verified | Every airport I’ve been to in every state in every country has been better than LAX except for Newark. Newark is the worst but LAX is a close second. TSA is usually at least ambilavent with their attitude but slow always. There is never enough chairs in the terminal, I usually sit on the floor. Much worse though, is the attendants outside who shoo away people trying to pick up their loved ones. These guys could not be more rude about this literally every single time. The power goes to their heads in such a pathetic way. I’m waiting for my mom and he asks me to go all the way around again, but I can see her she’s just zipping up a bag and this guy starts writing my license plate number down and taking pictures of me. Even when you do move like they want you to, they will just harass you again when you come back around. They act like you came to the airport just to annoy them and there is no necessity for their job. I feel bad because they do just want to keep the line moving but I’ve never seen the arrivals get that cramped that they need this weird pickup queue gustappo.
Date VisitJune 2019

"unhelpful and very poorly organised"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We found this airport to be unhelpful and very poorly organised. We arrived with a reasonable amount of time to met our connecting flight. We arrived at the at immigration to find a huge very slow moving queue. They only had about a quarter of the booths open and no one wanted to help us at all. It took 1.5 hours to be processed. We asked several staff if they could help us get to our flight on time and not one person offered any help at all. There was no one to help us get from terminal B to 6 so had to run, which is no mean feat when you are in your 70s. We later found out there is a shuttle which no one told us about. We made our plane but only after member of the public let ups jump the xray queue. On our return trip through your airport we found the signage difficult and at no stage could we find directions to shuttles. This time we were on terminal 7 going to B. We took the wrong option and walked all the way. There is so much you could do to improve your service and I hope that by our next experience things may have changed. For goodness sake fully man you immigration booths when you have so many aircraft arriving.
Date VisitMay 2019

"only has barstool style seating"

Not Verified | Because of my ridiculous 13 hour layover I couldn't check my bags until 6 hours before my departure. Unfortunately the area of the airport that you can access with bags that still need to be checked only has barstool style seating, or you could just sit on the ground. I have a bad hip. So you know how much it hurts to have to either sit on barstool type chairs, which are really high, or sit on the ground, which is really low, when you have a bad hip? Obviously not or you'd put some regular chairs in somewhere for your handicapped, but not handicapped enough to want to be embarrassed by using a wheelchair when you don't need to, customers. Oh and maybe fix your WiFi so it works in the bathrooms.
Date VisitMay 2019

"has no notion of efficiency"

We touched down at 8pm and it was another 45 minutes before I could set foot in the terminal building. This is a massive airport that has no notion of efficiency. I only had cabin luggage, but even then, from entering the terminal until getting a cab took another twenty minutes. Few airports in the world are so inefficient and poorly designed.

"overwhelming incompetency"

Trip Verified | Oh, where to start. I've been through Riyadh airport (apparently the worst in the world) during a blackout and had a better experience than transiting through LAX. Twice. Both times 4 hour layover, first transit waited for almost 3 hours at immigration and had to run to make my flight. About a third of fellow passengers missed their connections. There were 3 or 4 officers checking passports and another 15 or so mall cops standing around barking orders and generally being unhelpful. Return trip, went through immigration in about 15 minutes but was then told by three seperate employees to go to the wrong terminal. The last was 'Information' desk who told me, with rather shameless dismissiveness, not to worry that my flight wasnt on the departure board. Then went through security to find, surprise, surprise, I was in the worng terminal. There is no information desk airside, eventually had to accost some maintenance workers who kindly made some calls to direct me to the correct terminal. Why this was so hard is incompletely beyond comprehension. Note, I had checked in at the time if my first leg, so gate details were not on my boarding pass. Eventually got to the gate to find people flayed across the ground - for some reason the gate had no seats. By this stage the overwhelming incompetency became comical and I had a good laugh. There were another few terrible encounters with outright obnoxious staff at LAX which on another day I would have cared more about. Allow at least 4 hours for transit and also meditate or pray beforehand (depending on your disposition). I would say avoid but unfortunately there aren't many options.