Los Angeles LAX Airport

"this has to be the worst"

Trip Verified | Been through many airports and this has to be the worst, check in and security were excellent, but terminal 2 is tiny, very limited seating, expensive and limited food, no lounges you can purchase, just Delta and Virgin clubhouses. Terminal is a stretch, it’s just a gate! Never want to use it again, and we are only in it for 3hrs!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"grossest departure spots"

Trip Verified | They give us one of the grossest departure spots ever seen. It smelt so bad and was very dirty. I mean gross. They give you poor choices for food and they cram you in like sardines. Barely anywhere to sit. I give it ten thumbs down if I had ten thumbs. I don’t know why we give them a good area. I guess that's why we're one of the best countries on earth.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"This airport is a joke"

Not Verified | I've been holding this rant in long enough, I'm gonna let it out. LAX is the world's fourth busiest airport. I was there for 12 hours. No people-movers, you have to walk for miles. No grocery stores like in France. No bars. No vending machines. I spent the first six hours trying to find a place to charge my phone. There are a few outlets next to the restrooms, but they were all taken. This is the worst airport I've ever been to. The last six hours were spent trying to find a place to sit! This airport is a joke. I've been to many, many airports and this is the least passenger-friendly airport I've ever been to. Rant over.

"What a dump"

Not Verified | What a dump. I have travelled for the last twenty years across many continents but LAX is one of the worst airports I have been through. No signage, limited elevators (required when travelling with kids), unhelpful staff (with exception of immigration) and severe congestion. Avoid if you can. An unwelcome welcome into a great country.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"difficult to know where to park"

Not Verified | LAX is the worst airport I have ever used. I was there to pick up a passenger arriving on KLM from Amsterdam. It was difficult to know where to park. It was impossible to know where to meet arrivals. We were sent by an employee to Terminal 2. It was a very long walk from Terminal B, where it turned out we should have been to meet the passenger. There was very inadequate signage. Non-existent information with current arrivals and flight time. Very unfriendly employees. We are both in our 80’s. Not enough seats. Physically grueling. We needed a wheelchair and one was not available. This was a terrible experience.

"Queue after queue"

Trip Verified | Landing, to walking out the airport, was around 2 hours 15 mins. 15 mins waiting for a slot to alight us. 2 hours (no joke) to get through passport control and baggage reclaim. Baggage reclaim was 10 mins and only because the oversized baggage guy didn’t have a clue or certainly didn’t want to help. The convoluted entry system, really?? That’s no way to treat people, non US citizens or not. It’s disgusting. Queue after queue, long and slow. Hang your heads is shame. To be fair, outside of the oversized baggage guy, the staff were good; embarrassed but good.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"No proper seating available"

NotVerified | No proper seating available. Terminal 3 is very small. Seating arrangements are very uncomfortable with a lot of people sleeping on the floor. Only 2 to 3 food chains available, hard to find vegetarian food. Staff are supportive. Wifi is disconnected often.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"treated with such disrespect"

Not Verified | On Tuesday, July 29th 2019, at 1:24PM, while picking up my husband (in my car), at Delta Terminal 3F Arrivals, an officer vaguely motioned to me. In confusion, I pulled over and asked for clarification and direction. Within 10 seconds, my husband entered the car, but I noticed the officer noted my plates. Still in confusion, I asked the officer what he was trying to tell me in motioning. He refused to explain but told me I would be getting a ticket. He refused to provide his last name. This, with a very smug attitude, leaving me in further confusion, now in stress. What was he motioning to me? Why was he noting my plates? Why did he say he was ticketing me? Why wouldn’t he explain? Why was he so smug and disrespectful? I've never been so confused, stressed, and treated with such disrespect. I'll be escalating this issue until an explanation is provided and an apology is granted.

"heavy traffic"

Trip Verified | All international terminals at major airports are busy during peak hours of departure or arrival. These are my specific complaints about my July 24, 2019 flight out of Bradley Terminal at LAX: cell phone service stopped working the moment I entered the aircraft, flights were delayed getting in line for departure due to LAX's heavy traffic.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"6th worst airport design in the US"

Trip Verified | A simple search shows LAX being ranked as the 6th worst airport design in the US, this doesn’t surprise me. It’s like do we just keep kicking the can down the road or overhaul this hell hole. Has the worst parts of Philly airport, taking busses between terminal transfers, but none of the good things. I get this place was planned out way back in the day but get with the program, maybe they can’t overhaul LAX because Cali is bankrupt, who knows. Can the architects and planners take a trip to Atlanta please, when you go bring your notepad.