London Stansted Airport

"it was super well organised"

Trip Verified | When we came into the airport it was super well organised and knew well where to go. The security was really quick and also organised. After that we didn't have much time to do much but there was no problems. In contrast when we arrived the queue's were very long.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Everything is a rip off"

Trip Verified | I had not travelled through Stansted airport for 15 years. It not easy to get to from South London and I resent paying £40 in trains fares however an extremely cheap airfare encouraged me to take the risk. Everything is a rip off. In all my years I have never seen a weighing machine in the check in zones with a coin slot which charges you just to weigh your bag! A bottle of water at WHSmith cost £2 please avoid and a Jack Daniels 70cl cost £25 in duty free. How is that a duty free price when it costs £18 in outside shops? Heathrow and Gatwick a much better experience. Its a such a shame that the low cost airlines cannot get slots in Gatwick which as usual is down to the shortsightedness in UK goverments and not supporting airport growth. It was not this bad when BAA owned this site avoid if you can this airport does everything to rip you off.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"do not recommend Stansted"

Not Verified | First - the car park is very expensive so I always use drop off/pick up point. This is very expensive too - £3.50 for 10 min drive through, so departure and arrival makes £7 for 'pleasure' to wait in rain and wind because drop off area has no canopy. It is not marked either at all in arrivals hall, like it would not exist. My flight was allocated to far gates number 50+. I went to toilet nearest to the gate and no one sink in the ladies toilet was working! So we all been left with hands covered with soap, forced to dry them in dryer or just walk away. After latest changes in the lounge there is even less seats and I even don't want to think how people will manage in the summer when is a peak time for holiday. I do not recommend London Stansted Airport at all and if you have a choice use different one.

"I am so grateful!"

Not Verified | Going through security I took off my pandora bracelet. When I went through to receive my things, to my surprise my charm was missing! It was not in the tray or anywhere to be seen. A staff member working at security was more than helpful, getting on his hands and knees searching everywhere to help find my charm and eventually did! I am so grateful! Thank you!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"just a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Awful airport. Incredibly small amount of seating even further, a couple of rows of benches seats have been replaced with tables and chairs since the last time I traveled from here and that makes even less seating spaces available which is just unacceptable! Staff are incredibly rude and unhelpful and overall just a horrible experience! Would avoid travelling from here again on all costs! Disgraceful.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"sleep the night before a flight"

Not Verified | I will not fly from Stansted again until they allow people to enter the departure area and sleep if needed the night before a flight. It is now cheaper for me to fly from Gatwick than to pay for hotel at stansted. It is not possible for me to get to the airport by public transport for an early flight departure.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"very few services"

Not Verified | Dangerously overcrowded, uncomfortable, very few services, appallingly rude, incompetent staff. A lot worse than Luton or Gatwick. Almost everything is boarded up. Could be a very convenient airport to London, Herts, Cambridgeshire, Essex etc, but it seems like they go the extra mile to disappoint. The security staff are very rude and incompetent, and very poorly presented, they don't care how long the check in queues get and there's hardly any choice for foods or shops landside. Strongly recommend you avoid if you can.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"I was very disappointed today"

Trip Verified | I will try not to use this airport in future & explore other options. Having used this airport many times in the past, I was very disappointed today. After a long journey I arrived at this airport and found that: large part of the airport was closed. The remaining area did not have sufficent space and seating so most people were on the floor all over. Cafes were closed and I was told this was due to lack of water. I travelled extensively in my life and always found airports operating 24 hours. I accept the fact that shops may need to close to the public for a few hours so that they can be cleaned. However I find ithe lack of sufficient seating inhumane and not acceptable. For personal, business and group travels I will endeavour to select a different airport in future.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"right down into the sewers"

Not Verified | Using Stansted is now possibly one of the worst travel experiences in the UK. Whether it's parking, miserable staff, or the hiddieous call centres you have to use when calling them, there is not a good thing to say about this airport or the people who run it. The airport takes every oportunity to rip off passengers as much as is legally possible. Where you once use to enter an open, pleasant departure lounge after passing security, now you spend ages fighting your way down narrow shopping aisles whilst being harrasted by booze and perfume sellers. BAA were bad enough when they ran the airport, Manchester Airports Group have managed to drag Stansted right down into the sewers. I actually feel sorry for the people work there - there probably isn't much other employment in the area and they have to deliver decsions made by fat-cat managers. Stansted screwed £152m profit out of it's passengers last year and the companies senior leadership split over £11m pounds in pay between.

"airport is just awful"

Not Verified | I'm unsure where to start. This morning I got into the airport at about 4 am. I was about to get to security check when all of a sudden someone from the staff started shouting at me as though I was a criminal because according to him I entered the wrong lane. Then another member of staff told him it was the right lane and they started to argue with each other. Then I reached the hall and I discovered that they have replaced the old seats with some sort of torture seats. Hard uncomfortable, impossible to sit for more than 30 mins as your body will break. Maybe they hope that its too uncomfortable to sit, not to mention sleep so you will do more shopping! But that's not enough as from time to time freezing air will come down from the ceiling to wake you up again in case you managed to get some rest while you want for hours your flight. This airport is just awful.
Date VisitDecember 2018