London Stansted Airport

"once more increased the cost to drop off/pickup"

Not Verified | Whilst taking a client to Stansted Airport this morning it came as no surprise discover that the Management of the site had once more increased the cost to drop off/pickup travellers at The Express Drop off/Pickup Zone to 5.00. This represents a 20% increase in costs. They are profiteering from travellers who are restricted to using this Airport. The Management here are nothing more than a bunch of crooks.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Beware of overstay car park prices!"

Trip Verified | Beware of overstay car park prices! You can use convenient car parks near Stansted airport, but the prices are quite high in general. Normal car park tariffs are not available on the website www.stanstedairport.com/parking in a clear and transparent manner to customers. In case your flight back to Stansted is delayed more than 6 hours or cancelled, you have to pay exorbitant overstay prices for each additional day, no matter the reason for the flight disruption. A short stay park overstay costs some 57£ a day, which is more than twice the normal daily price. See www.stanstedairport.com/terms-and-conditions/car-parking-terms-and-conditions. On-line bookings for car park Stansted Airport are not amendable or extendable. Customer Care service for car parking issues is very poor and in case of flight cancellations they don’t take any responsibility for the extra costs due overstay parking. Please consider alternative ways of reaching and leaving the airport including train and bus services. For early or late flights it might be useful to use a taxi or a Uber. If you have someone to drop you off and pick you up, you can easily use the ‘Free Set Down’ area (free for 1 hour) available at the Mid Stay Car Park rather than paying for you car parking. See www.stanstedairport.com/parking/pick-up-and-drop-off.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Its not meet and greet"

Not Verified | Terrible service, we have booked meet and greet so many times in different airports, but this one is being mis-sold. Its not meet and greet, the workers sit in a little warm office and you have to find this office. After dropping off your keys you then have to walk quite a way to the terminal. On arrival we walked for a while in the freezing cold to find the office we then got told our car was in lane 2 and by the road, they were not telling a lie we walked all around the car park in freezing conditions to find our car parked near the road on the other side of the car park. This is not meet and greet, worse than terrible if they had zero stars that would be mine.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"please let us use our own mobile data"

Not Verified | Stansted is blocking the mobile data to force you to use their "free" WiFi, so they they can collect data from millions of people. At the same time, their WiFi is extremely slow when it works and does not connect at all at least 3 out of 4 times. Dear Stansted, please let us use our own mobile data! If you want people to use your WiFi, then all you have to do is make it work. That shouldn't be so hard now, should it?
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"should have placed more staff"

Trip Verified | I travelled through London Stansted Airport on January 4th 2020 and I was really disappointed with the airport security so after going through the Xray machine, my suitcase was placed among those who needed a manual check. I had to wait 17 minutes before my suitcase was actually inspected by airport staff. They were so understaffed and the various equipment they'd use (for example to check for explosives) was out of order. so all the staff were queuing behind only one machine to get their tests done! The x-ray machine separates too many bags or suitcases for almost no reasons, For example, another passenger had her bag sent to manual check just because of her compact powder. Even in my bag there were no liquids to be found, I had already taken all of them out and placed in clear plastic bags as instructed. This experience was stressful as my plane was soon to depart. It was indeed a weekend where a lot of people visited the airport, so Stansted airport should have placed more staff.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"rude and aggressive staff"

Trip Verified | The management at this airport should get large bonuses for their proactive approach to drive down queues by alienating customers to use alternative airports. I used to use this airport several times a month but no longer do so due to rude and aggressive staff. They openly lie to you that it is mandatory to use the epassport gates but in fact you have a choice as to whether to use them or use a staffed booth. At security checks they make you take out your wallet and watches etc but there is no need to do this under existing legislation. They have reduced the seating areas in order to fit in more shops and only advertise gates 50 minutes before departures that can take 20 minutes to reach by foot or by transit. They allege that pre-booking car parking is cheaper online but the drive up price can be 50% cheaper - when challenged they agreed this is the case but a drive up space is not guaranteed. I now park at a nearby rail station and get the train over at a considerable saving. I now drive to either Luton or Gatwick as their customer service is significantly better
Date VisitNovember 2019

"I now actively avoid this airport"

Trip Verified | This one is a troubled airport because they care more about increasing their profit margins than they care about their customers' experience. There aren't enough seats for the quantity of people they'd like to process at once, and the staff is on a mission to annoy customers who are forced to sit on the ground. The whole place is designed to offer maximum passenger discomfort. Perhaps in an attempt to process you as quickly as possible. I remember once the seating area by Costa was permeated by the putrid smell of a carcass or sewage which, according to one of the airport's staff, had been going on for a few weeks. Given the times I've had a below average travel experience flying from or to Stansted I now actively avoid this airport.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"beyond disgraceful profiteering"

Not Verified | I found the charges to drop off my passenger at Stansted Airport (drive-through) just pure exploitation and a prime example of rip off ordinary citizen. Why such a patronizing fee. Drop off max 5 minutes and cost a driver £4 and computed the hourly rate is £48 per hour!. This is beyond disgraceful profiteering.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I am never going to fly through Stansted again"

Not Verified | The people at security are the absolute worst. They pulled aside 90-95% of the bags that went through screening to hand check them, and you know why? Because everything counts as a liquid. The security agent that went through my bag told me that my jar of lip balm (not gloss, balm), my mascara, my solid lush face wash all counted as liquids and needed to fit into a sandwich size bag in order to keep it (like, a bag half the size of the normal allowance). When I was like “excuse you, my solid lip balm is not a liquid”, she said anything spreadable (including nutella or peanut butter) is a liquid and needs to fit in their tiny bags in order to take it with you. She gave me attitude about why I didn’t check my bag, if I’m from the US isn’t security stricter there (no, actually, they don’t count my mascara or solid lip balm or lip gloss as liquids that need to fit in the 1l bag). Anyway, the people at security are extremely rude and I am never going to fly through Stansted again.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"nowhere comfortable to sit"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Waiting for a flight to Sardinia, absolutely nowhere comfortable to sit. They provide a couple of short rails which can accommodate maybe 50 in discomfort, whilst hundreds wander round with nowhere to go, no attempt to make passengers comfortable. We are only useful to spend money in the few shops that are here. My advice is to avoid this place if you possibly can, they should go to Amsterdam or Bergamo to learn how to treat us like human beings.
Date VisitNovember 2019