London Heathrow Airport

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Terminal 5 - satisfactory if not great. Passport queue was immense. I have travelled through Heathrow many times and seldom seen it this long. Waited nearly 40 minutes for someone to glance at my passport. I'm aware that infrastructure will be strained during Bank Holidays peak travel periods but UK Border Agency must be aware of predicted passenger numbers and should cater accordingly. Terminal clean and bright good connections to Heathrow Express and tube in arrivals.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

I rarely use T4 but I used it recently and find it much more pleasurable than a T3 it seems more open and less crowded. We ate at one of the restaurants that provided a decent breakfast. However buying a sandwich to take on board was limited to Starbucks and Costa. A Pret or Eat would have been most welcome. On arrival the lines for immigration were long but processed fairly quickly.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Flew in and out of terminal three. Not the prettiest terminal in the world but it works. Good signage on arrival to the underground. Fast check in with Qantas on departure and security was a breeze with professional and friendly staff. There are plenty of shops and seating to keep you occupied but I chose to use the Servisair lounge. Good value at £18 with drinks snacks and wifi included plus a good view of the runway. Boarding the A380 was fast and efficient. Heathrow can be a bit of a challenge but I couldn't fault it on this trip.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Flew out of Heathrow to Sydney. Found Terminal 3 to be really good - we arrived very late - only 10 minutes before our check-in closed and still managed to get through all the security procedures before the boarding commenced. The concourse outside terminal 3 is especially attractive and inviting and has been well thought out.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Terminal 4 and 5 having been newly refurbished are extremely nice wide open spaces very short and quick queues and a nice overall experience.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Terminal 3. Check in was OK and getting through security was relatively fast - about 15 minutes considering the amount of people (1100 in the morning) trying to get through. Good range of shops once into departures and reasonable prices. On our return at 2120 getting through passport control diabolical. 2 desks open for UK/EU passport holders and took 45 minutes to get through even with 8 desks open eventually. Expect a long walk from the aircraft to get to this area anyway.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Terminal 4 - this terminal is a little isolated compared to the rest of Heathrow - and getting a hotel room close by overnight before our flight was difficult. But T4 itself was pleasant clean and efficient. We had no delay and the flight got away on-time. Security queues were substantial but staff were processing fast - so we queued for about 10-15mins not to bad! On return baggage reclaim for slow to start we waited at for about 10-15mins for the bags to appear.

London Heathrow Airport customer review

T5 is a class act - well designed and very customer friendly. I travelled with hand baggage only and the security assistant was very good at sorting out my toleteries and even packed the bag for me!

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Terminal 5 swift BA checkin and dismally slow and disorganised BAA security check even in a priority line. When will BAA sort this out? T5B lounge was fine. Coming back aircraft landed at T5C so bus to T5 main. Most bags waiting when I got through security but my skis were not. Even so on the tube within an hour of touch down.

(Brazil)

T1 on my way to Ireland. Travellers to UK and Ireland destinations beware: once you go through security food and drink options become very scarce indeed.