London Heathrow Airport

"there is no excuse for their hostility"

Not Verified | The screeners were vicious morons. If a sensor lights up, that means certain areas are to be inspected. Fine. But a lit sensor did not mean that I was guilty of something. The screener pummeled me and kept saying, "Ma'am" in an officious tone. I am a little-ish old lady with blue eyes and light brown hair, an American of Germanic descent. I have not been out of the United States since 2008, on a cruise in the Caribbean. I would be stunned if anyone could find a terrorist of my description but the screener acted as if I were carrying a grenade. I realize that your screeners may not be the brightest of people but there is no excuse for their hostility and complete lack of common sense. There is no other word than, "Bully." If the screeners keep up at this, someone is going to sue them for battery. We have relief in common. I would rather be buried alive than travel to England again and the screeners will never see me again. The trip was supposed to be a birthday celebration for me. Not much of a celebration.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"plenty of helpful staff"

Not Verified | Quick efficient passage, through Terminal 2, plenty of helpful staff available to assist, check in and Security queues were minimal. Security staff efficient and quite pleasant, terminal was fairly busy but clean and tidy and easy to navigate from entrance to departure gate.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"a very good to excellent terminal"

Trip Verified | Leaving - T5 is still one of my favourite terminals. there have been some changes since my last visit in 2017. Self Check in is now the norm. At 05.30 on a Friday morning, it wasn't that busy. Terminal signage indicated that South was less busy than North for getting through security, and indeed it was and it delivers you right outside the Gordon Ramsay restaurant, which is excellent! Flight left from C57, which must be one of the furthest gates from the main terminal. It is also a long walk to the plane from there. Arriving - E-Gates are now the norm for immigration. It was quite busy, and I fear that if there is a Hard Brexit, it will be very chaotic at the UK Border. Bags from my flight started to arrive on the belt as I arrived in the Baggage Hall. Overall still a very good to excellent terminal.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"there was no trolley"

Not Verified | I traveled with my family from terminal 2 to USA. Came back on terminal 2. The biggest issue was claiming baggage there was no trolley at all to keep your bags.?when I asked them they said they run out of trolley. After an hour of claiming our bags I found 1 trolley and some how managed to came out. When we came out I can’t believe it but there was so many trolley outside - airport staff was just going around but not bother to bring the trolley inside the airport. Very disappointed. I think they not bother about service.

"No hassle at all"

Trip Verified | Terminal 5 is a very good terminal. There is lots of space and the queue times are not very long. Security would be my only issue, as a lady was very unpleasant to passengers queuing up for security. Through security, there are a good range of shops and food options at a reasonable price (for an airport). There were plenty of departure screens and signage was good. No hassle at all when travelling through Heathrow Terminal 5.

"Worst transit airport"

Trip Verified | Worst transit airport in the world. You will miss your flight or be running to the terminal while having a panic attack at the 100 thoughts going through your head on how to reschedule a missing flight. This is due to the extra security for liquids. I left my chapstick in my purse along with a prescription eye drop size of my pinky which warranted extra security! This is insanely ridiculous! Extra security took forever. My colleague wasn’t able to put all her toiletries in the small clear plastic bag they provide. The bag has to fully close and hers didn’t, thus extra security warranted for her. After going through the extra security, she had to dump the things that didn’t fit in this ridiculous small bag. We ended missing our flight. No other airport makes you go through this scrutinizing process of extra security that only causes delays and angry passengers. I’ll never fly through Heathrow again.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"T2 is a truly awful experience"

Trip Verified | T2 is a truly awful experience. Firstly, try to get up and down in the lifts from the car park in less than 20 minutes. Total bottleneck, always full, and if you don’t dive in the doors shut on you in a nano-second. Then try to get VAT reclaim in less than an hour, with queues out of the door and rude service. Then try and walk to the furthest gates and see if you have survived the T2 experience. Throw fast-track security in that doesn’t allow our child to come through with us (Star Alliance Gold Elite) together with the worst shopping selection and now you have my nemesis airport.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"VAT refunds with long queues"

Trip Verified | This is one of the worst airport I have been to. Services are slow, staff were rude to me, VAT refunds are impossible with long queues. When I have a feedback regarding the VAT service, the staff said that I am the only one giving a negative feedback. Really?
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Terminal 2 is a good terminal"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 is a good terminal. Not too big and small. Just the right size for the volume of traffic. Security length was short and I was inside the terminal within 10 mins. Polite staff. Good range of shops and the gates and toilets are clearly signposted. Plenty of seating available. Coming back I was out of the airport within 10 mins as I used the new self service passport screening machines. I'm impressed.

"unnecessary extra check"

Not Verified | Rude airport security workers. The airport is fine until you get to the gates, that’s where they do an unnecessary extra check of your luggage and carryon and ask you questions to distract you and get you to give information. I did not like my experience and the unnecessary checks.