London Heathrow Airport

"Staff friendly and security was easy"

Not Verified | T5 is light and an unhindered with space. Staff friendly and security was easy. The only unhelpful hindrance to our staffing experience was the assistant at the bag drop, (then again, that is down to the Airline). The other issue is the Heathrow website on the screens at the tables in Ramsey's restaurant)/bar, the information greatly differs to that of the actual information screens: The former showed a delay, the latter showed the gate boarding as of now!

"What a total nightmare"

Not Verified | Security was similar to the 9/11 experience if you are old enough to remember what that was like. Every little “cream or liquid like item” was thoroughly checked! Once we (as middle aged Americans) passed through that check point, my husband was singled out for an additional check. He had 3 agents on him at once. It took 10 minutes while they dumped again every last item out of his bag! I tried to take a photo of him only and was then harassed by a staffer and told to show my phone with pictures! What a total nightmare! We are simply visiting tourists!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"don't want to use the scan machines"

Trip Verified | We arrived hours early and almost missed the flight because of the queues. Those who don't want to use the scan machines and opt for the pat down are lectured for ages on their disobedience while the bags are scanned and hand checked for hours. Also the walk from security to the gate was 20 mins.Luckily our flight was delayed. This will be the last time, Heathrow. It used to be a good airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"the service was inefficient and sloppy"

Trip Verified | First time using the new Heathrow Terminal 2 to departure from / arrive to. Disappointed both times. At departure the check-in machines weren't accepting valid bookings. Long queues built up a check-in desks and check-in weren't proactive in opening more desks. One member even said "I wondered why the queue was so long" and yet that wasn't sufficient to prompt them to do something about it. On return around 22.45 the finger took a long time being deployed and then suitcases took ages to arrive. Big pause of around 15 minutes between first and second batch of bags coming through. For a modern terminal the service was inefficient and sloppy. Would avoid using this terminal again if possible.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"found the experience excellent"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Terminal 2 - found the experience excellent. Very helpful staff on the automated check in. No delay on getting rid of baggage. Short wait for security. Loads of seating in the lounge. The whole place was very clean. Absolutely nothing to dislike.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Staff were hopeless"

Trip Verified | Use Amsterdam or Copenhagen for a good experience not Heathrow! BA flight from Bangkok - 2 hours late - rushing for Edinburgh flight - no help from BA. Customs and Security were a joke - automated equipment did not work. Boarding Passes did not register. Staff were hopeless - I will never use Heathrow again!
Date VisitJune 2019

"a stress free start to our holiday"

Trip Verified | Heathrow airport is very near to where we live so use it for travelling. We use Terminal 5 to travel to Corfu. We checked in online the day before. Outbound we used the self service bag drop and was assisted by a lovely ground staff lady to deliver our cases. We went to Security which had a very small queue and passed through with ease, no pushing or being forced to move through quickly. Spent time at a restaurant for breakfast. After breakfast we waited for our gate number. The Terminal is very clean and tidy, any of the ground staff will help with any queries or questions with politeness. We always use Terminal 5 for convenience and a stress free start to our holiday.

"Airport staff was nice"

Trip Verified | I flew through LHR twice on this vacation. I had to connect from T2 to T5 from Air New Zealand to British Airways. Finding the connection was easy, but it was a bit unclear which bus I should take and it made random stops where people weren't told anything. Airport staff was nice, some were funny too. On my return flight I had the same connection issues. Signage in T2 could be more clear as I nearly exited the airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Queued for 45 minutes"

Trip Verified | Awful arrived at 04.45 to find 3 check in desks open for several flights. Queued for 45 minutes to do my bag drop. Asked the young assistant why it was taking so long and got told it was because a lot of passengers turned up at the same time. What a surprise when there are so many early flights. Also people who turn up with 4 times their baggage allowance and then start arguing over the cost of excess charge should be sent to a separate check in and wait.

"worst security experience"

Trip Verified | The bag check in is now automated which means there is no one to help. Waiting in line to try to figure out the system by ourselves. Took a few tries. Stressful. Then the worst security experience of my life. I was pushed, hurried, shoved around, roughly searched. They took off my prescription glasses and I couldn’t see anything to find the buckets that held my phone, handbag etc. The search was brisk, invasive and there was no one polite enough to help me after they were finished with me. I have never felt shocked and distressed in a security check before and there was no one behind us, so there was absolutely no need to shove me through.