London Heathrow Airport

"will use Gatwick from now on"

Not Verified | Terminal 5: Departure no problem, but dreadful queues on the way back - the Heathrow staff blamed multiple flights arriving at once, but with the skies less than full, this was a poor excuse. Well over an hour to get through the terminal, even though the e-gates were working - will use Gatwick from now on.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"More revenue is all we care about!"

Not Verified | Hey Brains, I have an idea: why don't we charge people £5 to pick up passengers? We'll earn revenue from people who who aren't even travelling! Great idea, but won't that mean more people use the Short Stay car park instead and snarl up the lifts, cause extra queues and create even more chaos at Terminal 5, especially when some of our lifts don't even work? Yes, but who cares about them? More revenue is all we care about!
Date VisitNovember 2021

"security staff was rude to me"

Not Verified | When I got to the airport I had to go to T5 to get my test done, but due to a fight change I had to check in at T3. I had many bags, and one of the attendants was very helpful during the train transfer by getting a trolley for me once I got off the train. The check-in procedure was very quick and smooth. The attendant was extremely helpful and polite, and explained everything thoroughly and made sure I had everything I needed to have for my arrival at my destination. Afterwards I went back to T5 to get a document signed. I had asked about it before and was told it could be signed if I came back after receiving my test result. I was a bit annoyed when I returned and they refused to sign the document. When I was going through security the staff was rude to me. I had started preparing my stuff in the line and was ready to finish unpacking my stuff once I could put my bag down. He kept repeating his instructions and did not give me a chance to finish before he repeated it again. I got very frustrated with him, which resulted in him being extremely patronizing.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Chaos reigns at arrivals"

Trip Verified | Chaos reigns at arrivals & long queues & e gates that don’t work so many passengers including this reviewer was refused after several attempts..what dreadful machines these are...so you had to queue like all the other arriving passengers..it’s dreadful uncoordinated & not enough border force people to man the counters. Air Conditioning is a joke in this hall as every passenger was sweating.....it’s truly dreadful organization with machines that don’t work! Staff here are rude abrupt & really don’t care about the jobs they are employed to do!
Date VisitJuly 2021

"it is a good airport"

Not Verified | When I went to this airport, it was quite busy. I was traveling with my 6 children and my wife, we were going to LA. The staff were super helpful and kind, the shops were okay, some of them were closed. Wifi service was okay, I had to make some phone calls but other than that it is a good airport, recommended.
Date VisitJune 2021

"disorganised facility with very poor signage"

Not Verified | Where do I start? Having travelled back via GRU and CDG, LHR is a third world experience. I was shocked. Untrained staff who check no paperwork (locator and PCR), disorganised facility with very poor signage, everything seemed to be on a cost basis. Chaos. . Then we come to the long stay carparking. I had to alter the booking 2 times. No problem in extending and paying more money, easy to do online. When it comes to shortening forget it. The system won't allow. I asked for a refund by email, to be given a reply "claim on your travel insurance".
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"no enforcement of any of the covid guidelines set in the UK"

Trip Verified | Even though we are in the middle of a pandemic, I did not see any real changes to when I last visited Heathrow Airport last year in January. There was no enforcement of any of the covid guidelines set in the UK, or when there were some attempts at social distances they made no sense and were extremely redundant. When exiting the plane after waiting for the majority of the passengers to leave, I was approached by a very rude and hostile security guard. As I was travelling alone he made sure to speak with me rather than the family with two children (with no masks) walking behind me. I have taken the covid precautions seriously therefore I was wearing PPE (white disposable overalls, n95 mask, and face shield). The guard, sarcastically mocked if I were travelling to paint and then began berating me about how it is my fault that there is still a pandemic going on. Considering that there are far more people who flaunt their ignorance of the guidelines it is baffling why he was being like this about it whereas the family behind me was let off. Ridiculous. The border control guard, however, was the complete opposite. He asked about my reason of visit which I promptly gave as well as telling him all the precautions I have taken and he was very polite and understanding and let me through with not an ounce of attitude.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"shocking procedures"

Trip Verified | Where do I start? We are in a so called pandemic as the government says. Well what I experienced today I would of never of thought that I could float from terminal 2 arrivals to departure with not one person challenging me to ask why am I here or where am I going? As I was seeing my wife and daughter away to Thailand by government rules I was allowed to do. I proceeded to terminal 5 for my flight back to Aberdeen. Well I was in for more of a shock. Main entrance only had a bit cardboard saying if not a traveller do not proceed anymore than this point, where was security to stop anyone from walking in off the street with any disease with no checks, shocking procedures.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"so shocked at how backwards Heathrow feels"

Not Verified | I am so shocked at how backwards Heathrow feels. I fly for work regularly and I'm not very critical. The lack of personal support and consideration for customer experience is pretty shocking. Feels like Brexit is already taking its toll! I will fly through Schiphol, Frankfurt (or anywhere!) from now on. Disappointed and a bit ashamed to be British!
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Terrible, disgraceful immigration experience"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Terrible, disgraceful immigration experience, 200 people cramped in queues with 1 immigration counter open. Then you complain about rising Covid cases, people are catching it at your airport. Shameful especially during this pandemic when people have been away from loved ones. This shows lack of respect and incompetent management leaving 1 immigration officer on her own. Disgraceful.
Date VisitDecember 2020