London Heathrow Airport

"Security is an absolute joke"

Trip Verified | Security is an absolute joke. They don’t allow you to keep your items together. They give you a bag to put all liquids inside and it must be sealed. Then they pick and choose what they consider a liquid/paste. They opened my makeup bag and removed one mascara but left the other. They make you throw away anything that doesn’t fit in their provided bag.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"horrible experience while transiting"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible experience while transiting. Arrived on time (actually a little earlier), bridge to the plane was broken and the airline staff took over an hour to find us stairs/get us out of the plane. The nearest restroom after exiting the plane was 10 minutes walk. Had to take a bus to another terminal and on arrival, I had to go through security. The lady at the security check was absolutely horrible and made me take out all liquids from my carry on from plastic transparent Ikea bags to move the containers with liquids to transparent bags available at the airport. She said that she will throw my liquids away if I don't do that.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Poor Taxi pickup organisation"

Trip Verified | Poor Taxi pickup organisation at Terminal 3 Heathrow’s new approach to divert taxis to level 3 of the car park to pick up arriving passengers is causing long queues, congestion and frustration for arriving passengers. All passengers are required to navigate 2 different elevators with children and luggage. I waited with my family with at least 150 other people waiting for lifts to get to our arriving taxi. When getting to the pick up point there was further delays due to the congestion of around 20 taxis trying to find their passengers. More can be done to ensure a more efficient operation at the easily accessible forecourt.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"not in the same league as Gatwick"

Not Verified | Heathrow T3 is not in the same league as Gatwick. Lots of seating but dirty with food crumbs or footprints. The shopping is ok but limited as are food offerings. The Curator Restaurant was the one redeeming feature. Lovely breakfast, fast service, friendly staff and reasonable prices, can recommend. British Airways in future at Gatwick until Virgin have a change of heart.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"I received a penalty charge this week"

Not Verified | I very rarely post reviews, however, I was looking for reviews about T5, to verify if others had problems with the 'Drop Off Zone' at T5 like I did. I had the same problem as reviewed below by Adrian Sharpe, I was looking for the multi-storey car park, and by mistake I entered in the Drop Off Zone. I did not stay, I immediately left the Drop Off Zone, and I found my way to the multi-storey car park. I parked and paid for my parking. To my absolute dismay I received a penalty charge this week, charging me £40 to have entered the Drop Off Zone. I am appealing this.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"had to pay a extra charge of £40"

Trip Verified | The car parking company, Apcoa, is, in my opinion, operating a corrupt practice. I wanted to pick my wife and children up (having parked nearby). The signs are utterly inadequate and don't tell you what you are doing. I asked a policeman in the end because there were no staff. You are funnelled towards the drop off zone. The short stay car park is signposted off to the right but almost unnoticeable. When you go in the drop off zone you are on APNR cameras and liable to pay. There is nothing obvious indicating this (I physically got out and looked). 19 days later I got a PCN. I pointed out that I was in a drop off zone, was supposed to be elsewhere (the policeman told me this) and had then gone to the short stay car park as directed. They weren't interested and fined me. An hour and a half held hostage by parking, paid £5.30 and then had to pay a extra charge of £40. Add to that that entry to the UK was standing in a congested line for an hour with all and sundry.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Nobody seems to care about customer service"

Not Verified | The worst experience! Upon touchdown we had to wait on the tarmac for about 10 minutes while the plane parked ahead of us tried to figure out what he was supposed to be doing. While transit through the airport and customs was a breeze (this was a first, usually takes over an hour), we waited for over half an hour for our luggage to start coming through on the belt. Meanwhile, we witnessed 20+ airport workers just hanging around joking and laughing like there weren’t hundreds of people across 4 flights waiting for their luggage to come through one conveyor. Nobody seems to care about customer service and everyone employee we encountered was rude and couldn’t be bothered to answer simple questions. By far the worst airport experience in my 30+ years of traveling. This airport should be ashamed!
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"packed into the coach like sardines"

Trip Verified | Notices everywhere about safe social distancing and hygiene, but the transfer bus from T5 to T3 was absolutely outrageous, packed into the coach like sardines.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"a pleasant, mostly easy experience"

Trip Verified | While not entirely painless, I had a pleasant and mostly easy experience. I arrived in the UK from the US, traveling internationally for the first time and was given helpful information from both staff and repeat travelers at Heathrow. Customs was very quick and straightforward, taking less than 20 minutes. I arrived and was picked up from the airport all in under 1 hour which is rather impressive for traveling internationally. Great WiFi connection, ample restrooms and seating and before customs all signage was easy to follow. Signage post customs and by the car park/pick up area was quite hard to follow, but I will possibly lend some of that to being American. I was frustrated by the amount of conveyers out of service, especially for disabled or elderly travelers. Lifts were also a bit tricky to find, especially for the demographics who need them most. Other than that, accessibility is great with many wheelchairs, trollies and services for travelers in need. Just be sure to take your time with navigating the pick up area.

"No social distancing"

Trip Verified | Arrived with BA0104 flight from Dubai. Going to the emigration area there was 2 employees who diverted me with my passport and Biometric Work Permit to the general (Rest of the World queue) There were around 300 people standing there, No social distancing, no attention from airports employees. Only 4-5 emigration officers were checking documents, air climatization is bad, people are getting tired, leaving the line for the WC visits and we are still not moving, 1 hour, 2 hours… you start looking at the other part where it’s dedicated to EU citizens. Why don’t you divert part of passengers there? Finally after 2½ hours they started to take families and give them priorities. It took me 3h15 min and I completed passport check in 30 seconds, officer never asked any questions just checked my Ukrainian passport and let me though. This is a pure disgrace.
Date VisitNovember 2021