London Heathrow Airport

"I received a penalty charge this week"

Not Verified | I very rarely post reviews, however, I was looking for reviews about T5, to verify if others had problems with the 'Drop Off Zone' at T5 like I did. I had the same problem as reviewed below by Adrian Sharpe, I was looking for the multi-storey car park, and by mistake I entered in the Drop Off Zone. I did not stay, I immediately left the Drop Off Zone, and I found my way to the multi-storey car park. I parked and paid for my parking. To my absolute dismay I received a penalty charge this week, charging me £40 to have entered the Drop Off Zone. I am appealing this.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"had to pay a extra charge of £40"

Trip Verified | The car parking company, Apcoa, is, in my opinion, operating a corrupt practice. I wanted to pick my wife and children up (having parked nearby). The signs are utterly inadequate and don't tell you what you are doing. I asked a policeman in the end because there were no staff. You are funnelled towards the drop off zone. The short stay car park is signposted off to the right but almost unnoticeable. When you go in the drop off zone you are on APNR cameras and liable to pay. There is nothing obvious indicating this (I physically got out and looked). 19 days later I got a PCN. I pointed out that I was in a drop off zone, was supposed to be elsewhere (the policeman told me this) and had then gone to the short stay car park as directed. They weren't interested and fined me. An hour and a half held hostage by parking, paid £5.30 and then had to pay a extra charge of £40. Add to that that entry to the UK was standing in a congested line for an hour with all and sundry.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Nobody seems to care about customer service"

Not Verified | The worst experience! Upon touchdown we had to wait on the tarmac for about 10 minutes while the plane parked ahead of us tried to figure out what he was supposed to be doing. While transit through the airport and customs was a breeze (this was a first, usually takes over an hour), we waited for over half an hour for our luggage to start coming through on the belt. Meanwhile, we witnessed 20+ airport workers just hanging around joking and laughing like there weren’t hundreds of people across 4 flights waiting for their luggage to come through one conveyor. Nobody seems to care about customer service and everyone employee we encountered was rude and couldn’t be bothered to answer simple questions. By far the worst airport experience in my 30+ years of traveling. This airport should be ashamed!
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"packed into the coach like sardines"

Trip Verified | Notices everywhere about safe social distancing and hygiene, but the transfer bus from T5 to T3 was absolutely outrageous, packed into the coach like sardines.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"a pleasant, mostly easy experience"

Trip Verified | While not entirely painless, I had a pleasant and mostly easy experience. I arrived in the UK from the US, traveling internationally for the first time and was given helpful information from both staff and repeat travelers at Heathrow. Customs was very quick and straightforward, taking less than 20 minutes. I arrived and was picked up from the airport all in under 1 hour which is rather impressive for traveling internationally. Great WiFi connection, ample restrooms and seating and before customs all signage was easy to follow. Signage post customs and by the car park/pick up area was quite hard to follow, but I will possibly lend some of that to being American. I was frustrated by the amount of conveyers out of service, especially for disabled or elderly travelers. Lifts were also a bit tricky to find, especially for the demographics who need them most. Other than that, accessibility is great with many wheelchairs, trollies and services for travelers in need. Just be sure to take your time with navigating the pick up area.

"No social distancing"

Trip Verified | Arrived with BA0104 flight from Dubai. Going to the emigration area there was 2 employees who diverted me with my passport and Biometric Work Permit to the general (Rest of the World queue) There were around 300 people standing there, No social distancing, no attention from airports employees. Only 4-5 emigration officers were checking documents, air climatization is bad, people are getting tired, leaving the line for the WC visits and we are still not moving, 1 hour, 2 hours… you start looking at the other part where it’s dedicated to EU citizens. Why don’t you divert part of passengers there? Finally after 2½ hours they started to take families and give them priorities. It took me 3h15 min and I completed passport check in 30 seconds, officer never asked any questions just checked my Ukrainian passport and let me though. This is a pure disgrace.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"will use Gatwick from now on"

Not Verified | Terminal 5: Departure no problem, but dreadful queues on the way back - the Heathrow staff blamed multiple flights arriving at once, but with the skies less than full, this was a poor excuse. Well over an hour to get through the terminal, even though the e-gates were working - will use Gatwick from now on.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"More revenue is all we care about!"

Not Verified | Hey Brains, I have an idea: why don't we charge people £5 to pick up passengers? We'll earn revenue from people who who aren't even travelling! Great idea, but won't that mean more people use the Short Stay car park instead and snarl up the lifts, cause extra queues and create even more chaos at Terminal 5, especially when some of our lifts don't even work? Yes, but who cares about them? More revenue is all we care about!
Date VisitNovember 2021

"security staff was rude to me"

Not Verified | When I got to the airport I had to go to T5 to get my test done, but due to a fight change I had to check in at T3. I had many bags, and one of the attendants was very helpful during the train transfer by getting a trolley for me once I got off the train. The check-in procedure was very quick and smooth. The attendant was extremely helpful and polite, and explained everything thoroughly and made sure I had everything I needed to have for my arrival at my destination. Afterwards I went back to T5 to get a document signed. I had asked about it before and was told it could be signed if I came back after receiving my test result. I was a bit annoyed when I returned and they refused to sign the document. When I was going through security the staff was rude to me. I had started preparing my stuff in the line and was ready to finish unpacking my stuff once I could put my bag down. He kept repeating his instructions and did not give me a chance to finish before he repeated it again. I got very frustrated with him, which resulted in him being extremely patronizing.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Chaos reigns at arrivals"

Trip Verified | Chaos reigns at arrivals & long queues & e gates that don’t work so many passengers including this reviewer was refused after several attempts..what dreadful machines these are...so you had to queue like all the other arriving passengers..it’s dreadful uncoordinated & not enough border force people to man the counters. Air Conditioning is a joke in this hall as every passenger was sweating.....it’s truly dreadful organization with machines that don’t work! Staff here are rude abrupt & really don’t care about the jobs they are employed to do!
Date VisitJuly 2021