London Heathrow Airport

"directions very visible and helpful"

Trip Verified | Excellent airport to travel from, we organised, professional well trained and helpful staff, A wide range of duty free shops, Signage and directions very visible and helpful, seating area is great, Business lounge is fantastic, even though at times there are long queues due to the efficiency and intuition of the dedicated staff these queues move quite quickly. I have always travelled through this airport despite living over three hours away, the standards at this airport improves each time I have travelled through it inevitably adding a positive experience to my travels In all honesty I cannot pick a single fault or negative experience that I have been through at this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I was expecting more choice of food"

Trip Verified | The airport is spacious, looks pretty, however for this kind of airport I was expecting more choice of food in terminal 2. Compared with Gatwick, Gatwick is much better. Staff should have better training at check in area. Not family friendly. Its good if you travel alone outside Europe.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"will avoid as much as possible"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Poor airport and security measures. Was in transit coming from New York going to Bucharest. Of course we had to pass security again, even though it was transit and the same terminal. So anything you might have bought back in New York was good to throw out. Luckily for us it was just some bottles of water. But at security, I had a can of Powder spray for the shoes/feet. The can was clearly Powder, measured in grams and was on an outside net pocket of my backpack. The security staff, instead of just taking care of the can, they got everything out of my backpack, every single individual thing, including cosmetics that were actually in the bag on the tray, and put them directly on the incredibly filthy tray (exactly what I tried to avoid touching with my stuff). This was done at a very slow pace. Also my dad had issues with all his bags, instead of going directly to the problem, the staff touched and got everything out of the bag. Hopefully I never have to use this airport ever again, will avoid as much as possible.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"received nothing but helpful and cheerful service"

Not Verified | Had to return home early due to Coronavirus. The airport was extremely busy. We received nothing but helpful and cheerful service from all staff. Thank you guys for a job more than well done.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"idiotic systems and procedures"

Not Verified | Someone needs to explain to me why I go through security at Edinburgh and then have to go through it again when arriving in London when all I have done is go on a plane in the UK and got off a plane in the UK? I’m in Transit you morons - I have not left the Airport / I am arriving at the same Terminal that I am leaving from to go on my International Flight (Terminal 5) but I have already done Security at Edinburgh! Different story if I have left the Airport, spent a few hours in London and then returned - that I get! Sounds too much like common sense to Heathrow? - they deal with idiotic systems and procedures that bear no resemblance to reality / order. This nonsense is compounded by moronic staff who get their kicks out of being exceptionally stupid / rude and arrogant.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"VAT refund was horrible"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | The check in has to be done by machines which for me kept failing and ended up needing staff to help us. Also, the VAT refund was horrible. Only 2 staffs were there and although many people were waiting, the staffs were slow. There were about 20 people in front of us when we first arrived at the queue, and after 1 and a half hour, only 10 has been processed!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"my experience was always positive"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Over the last 5 months I have visited Terminals 2, 4 and 5. Credit where it is due, whether it was departing or arriving my experience was always positive.

"Well done Terminal 3!"

Trip Verified | Well done Terminal 3! Departed from there yesterday on AA flight to Miami with my wife. Unfortunately she had just twisted her knee and was struggling to walk far, but all the staff were very polite and helpful. Security was polite and professional, then a member of staff offered to get my wife a wheelchair (without prompting), which she declined as she thought she could manage. But the gate was a long way, and she wasn’t managing very well, then one of the electric buggy drivers saw us and stopped, turned round and took us to our gate. Again at the gate all staff were polite and helpful. Just to let everyone there know that we appreciated your great attitude!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"I got randomly selected"

Not Verified | I got randomly selected by a staff prior to entering "nothing to declare" gate. Immediately asked if are you from Dubai instead of checking my boarding pass/ticket. Then asked if I had any tobacco, I said no, I wouldn't buy those because I have asthma, to which he chuckled and said "I didn't ask if you have asthma, I asked if you have tobacco". I firmly said no.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Hugely impressed by Heathrow T3"

Trip Verified | Hugely impressed by Heathrow T3. Having said that, my local airport is MAN which is like a 3rd world, despot run nightmare. Flew with AA. Boarding a full flight was calm quick and orderly. Prior to that, security was a breeze, with polite, non-shouty staff (MAN take note). A very nice breakfast followed and it made a great start to a weekend away. On return, immigration was quick and I was in the carpark bus within minutes.