London Heathrow Airport

"disorganised facility with very poor signage"

Not Verified | Where do I start? Having travelled back via GRU and CDG, LHR is a third world experience. I was shocked. Untrained staff who check no paperwork (locator and PCR), disorganised facility with very poor signage, everything seemed to be on a cost basis. Chaos. . Then we come to the long stay carparking. I had to alter the booking 2 times. No problem in extending and paying more money, easy to do online. When it comes to shortening forget it. The system won't allow. I asked for a refund by email, to be given a reply "claim on your travel insurance".
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"no enforcement of any of the covid guidelines set in the UK"

Trip Verified | Even though we are in the middle of a pandemic, I did not see any real changes to when I last visited Heathrow Airport last year in January. There was no enforcement of any of the covid guidelines set in the UK, or when there were some attempts at social distances they made no sense and were extremely redundant. When exiting the plane after waiting for the majority of the passengers to leave, I was approached by a very rude and hostile security guard. As I was travelling alone he made sure to speak with me rather than the family with two children (with no masks) walking behind me. I have taken the covid precautions seriously therefore I was wearing PPE (white disposable overalls, n95 mask, and face shield). The guard, sarcastically mocked if I were travelling to paint and then began berating me about how it is my fault that there is still a pandemic going on. Considering that there are far more people who flaunt their ignorance of the guidelines it is baffling why he was being like this about it whereas the family behind me was let off. Ridiculous. The border control guard, however, was the complete opposite. He asked about my reason of visit which I promptly gave as well as telling him all the precautions I have taken and he was very polite and understanding and let me through with not an ounce of attitude.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"shocking procedures"

Trip Verified | Where do I start? We are in a so called pandemic as the government says. Well what I experienced today I would of never of thought that I could float from terminal 2 arrivals to departure with not one person challenging me to ask why am I here or where am I going? As I was seeing my wife and daughter away to Thailand by government rules I was allowed to do. I proceeded to terminal 5 for my flight back to Aberdeen. Well I was in for more of a shock. Main entrance only had a bit cardboard saying if not a traveller do not proceed anymore than this point, where was security to stop anyone from walking in off the street with any disease with no checks, shocking procedures.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"so shocked at how backwards Heathrow feels"

Not Verified | I am so shocked at how backwards Heathrow feels. I fly for work regularly and I'm not very critical. The lack of personal support and consideration for customer experience is pretty shocking. Feels like Brexit is already taking its toll! I will fly through Schiphol, Frankfurt (or anywhere!) from now on. Disappointed and a bit ashamed to be British!
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Terrible, disgraceful immigration experience"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Terrible, disgraceful immigration experience, 200 people cramped in queues with 1 immigration counter open. Then you complain about rising Covid cases, people are catching it at your airport. Shameful especially during this pandemic when people have been away from loved ones. This shows lack of respect and incompetent management leaving 1 immigration officer on her own. Disgraceful.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Awful experience today"

Not Verified | Awful experience today at the security’s before departure. I was asked in a very rude manner to remove my boots and then, with a horrible body language and voice, I was told there were no disposable shoe cover available? I wonder if the authority can’t afford to hire decent, polite staff or if they need to save money from the cleaning company and asking the customers to wipe the floors instead?
Date VisitNovember 2020

"it was a very straightforward process"

Trip Verified | First overseas trip of 2020 and surprisingly it was a very straightforward process through Heathrow Terminal 2. We arrived with 3 hours before departure but needn’t have worried. Travelling to Warsaw on LO282, our check in was completed online 24 hrs before. The check in area was quiet and we walked straight up to the kiosk to print our luggage tags. After issuing the tags, the kiosk printed paper boarding passes without any prompt - trying to save paper, we had already got our passes on our mobile phones. Would advise airlines to check if passengers need a paper pass at the kiosk. Once our luggage was tagged, we walked straight over to a drop off desk. In the past, there would be a queue, but given our early arrival at the airport, and the drop in passenger numbers this year, queueing wasn’t required. Tags scanned and luggage on its way, we joined the queue through security. Only two lanes were open, but the staff were extremely quick in moving passengers through. Before we knew it we were airside. From walking into the terminal to getting through security only took 20 mins. Obviously the main difference this year is the number of travellers going through Heathrow (or any airport for that matter). Airside was much quieter than we have seen, and one can only imagine the loss in revenue for the high end shops that cater to the wealthy passengers. We made do with visiting World Duty Free, then WHSmiths (always need some reading material) followed by a pint at the pub on the upper level. Naturally everyone is wearing masks and observing social distancing. My wife was disappointed that the perfume samples were not available - for me this was a major plus as I would usually have to wait ages for her to try different scents before choosing which to buy. Our flight usually departed from a B gate, but given the low number of flights, we were directed to one of the gates at the main lounge. Arriving back to Terminal 2 a week later was a little bit busier than before. To start off with as we deplaned, we had to show our COVID documentation (completed online 2 days before). Several fellow passengers had not done this so had to stand to one side and do it there and then. Our arrival coincided with a couple of long hauls from the Far East so there was a long queue at passport control. This wasn’t helped by only three e-gates being used. Just as I got to the front of the queue, they closed the e-gate! However, a member of staff was very good at getting three lanes down through the 2 remaining e-gates. I wonder how these queues will change once we end the transition period at the end of the year. By the time we got through passport control and walked over to the carousel, the luggage was just being brought out. From exiting the aircraft to leaving the terminal took 50 mins.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"one of the worlds most awful airports"

Not Verified | Well I was pleased to see that in 2018 Terminal 2 was awarded ‘Terminal of the Year.’ Because after waiting in a 6 hour immigration line today I was grateful I was not at the worlds worst terminal, because that would have been simply awful. Heathrow must truly be one of the worlds most awful airports.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"Staff are not friendly"

Not Verified | I generally enjoy the service at Heathrow. However, the customer service at duty free bare minerals is appalling. Staff are not friendly, there is a lack of foundation shade variety and diversity and staff made absolutely no attempt to offer any help or sincere advice. Would not attend again.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"directions very visible and helpful"

Trip Verified | Excellent airport to travel from, we organised, professional well trained and helpful staff, A wide range of duty free shops, Signage and directions very visible and helpful, seating area is great, Business lounge is fantastic, even though at times there are long queues due to the efficiency and intuition of the dedicated staff these queues move quite quickly. I have always travelled through this airport despite living over three hours away, the standards at this airport improves each time I have travelled through it inevitably adding a positive experience to my travels In all honesty I cannot pick a single fault or negative experience that I have been through at this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019