London Heathrow Airport

"over 90 minutes for luggage to be delivered"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow disappoints once again - on arrival on a British Airways flight from Vancouver, I waited over 90 minutes for luggage to be delivered. Airport staff said baggage handlers were "busy" and to expect our luggage to arrive "soon." No apology for the delay, nor ETA provided. Arrival area of Terminal 5 very stuffy - no air conditioning, and no where to sit. Passengers had to sit on the floor or on luggage trolleys while waiting for the luggage to arrive. Departure from London Heathrow to Vancouver was worse - security staff were very fussy about the kind of bags used to contain liquids. Furthermore, at Terminal 5C, there was one Starbucks shop open. Considering this is where Airbus 380 aircraft - which can hold up to 500 passengers each - depart, this was woefully inadequate. Our flight was significantly delayed, and we were told, at around 8pm or so, that all food and drink stores at Terminal 5C had shut down for the night - so no food for passengers available. Staff told us it was not possible to return from Terminal 5C to main Terminal 5. As such, Terminal 5 is very poorly operated. This is not a world class airport by any means.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Extremely rude security staff"

Not Verified | Extremely rude security staff. I had a layover here and was made to go through security again (unknowingly) in which all of my items were removed from my bag, unorganized and thrown away while the staff member made unnecessarily rude commentary toward me. Would not recommend this airport and definitely will avoid in for future travel. Terrible experience.
Date VisitJune 2022

"We waited in line for over 2 hours"

Not Verified | After arriving from Venice on a British Airways flight to connect to another British Airways flight to Pittsburgh, we had to wait in an interminable line of people to get to another line of hundreds of people to get to another line for security. We waited in line for over 2 hours and finally begged security to let us through or we would miss our flight. They were rude but let us through. Then we had to take a bus to the gate for our flight, we barely made it. My husband and I are in our 70's, we were exasperated as were all the other people waiting forever. Security could not have cared less who had to be where or at what time. I would not fly British Airways or go to Heathrow airport on a free trip. In all our years of travel all over the world it was truly the worst experience ever. Something has to be done about this system, you should not have to go through security again when you are transferring from one British Airways flight to another.
Date VisitJune 2022

"horribly long, mismanaged security"

Trip Verified | Hard to believe that this airport could get worse, but it has. I will do anything possible to avoid it in the future, horribly long, mismanaged security lines.
Date VisitJune 2022

"This unacceptable, absolutely ridiculous"

Trip Verified | The flight landed at 4pm, I am writing the review at 6.40pm and I am still having one more hour at least in the unbelievably long queue of the borders. Adding to the pain of the 7 hours flight and 3 hours in the airport before the flight and at least 2 hours to reach my hotel. This unacceptable, absolutely ridiculous.

"not enough staff"

Trip Verified | Appalling treatment of passengers at Heathrow T2 this afternoon. It is clear they do not have enough staff to cope with passenger numbers. Either limit flights, have more staff (and not just inside the terminal ground staff too) or add additional gates for scanning boarding passes. There were customers zig zagging the terminal in out and back in again. Staff looked exhausted. Every staff member I spoke to had the same response "not enough staff" . After almost missing our flight we then sat onboard for an additional 90 minutes whilst ground staff scrambled to find baggage handlers. Then there was no vehicle to push the plane back. 2 hours delay.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Poor communication and awful staff"

Not Verified | Very slow security and rude staff. I went through security and it beeped. Asked what they told me to and stepped to the side and waited. Another man behind me had to be shown aside. I waited a few moments and the security staff looked me dead in the eye and said “take your shoes off” I put them in the bin and she just looked at me. She said, “please do what we tell you to” I looked behind me and the man had to take his shoes off. But she was looking at me so I thought I had to take mine off. I said, “sorry I thought you were talking to me.” And she said, no with a smirk. Poor communication and awful staff.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Their quality assurance and professionalism is very poor"

Trip Verified | Their quality assurance and professionalism is very poor. They beat around the bush for months only to close out a complaint we made. My wife was hurt in the bathroom and they never apologized nor refunded us for her first aid items. They are right at the airport to obtain a receipt yet wanted us to call all the way from another country long distance to ask for a receipt. They asked for it months later and never said anything in the beginning. They did this to avoid reimbursement which means they are dishonest. We missed our connection due to their poor service and bad workers who were extremely rude. We were rebooked on a flight which caused us to need a hotel at our expense. It took over 3 hours to get rebooked. We will never use their airport ever again.
Date VisitDecember 2021

London Heathrow Airport customer review

Trip Verified | Ridiculous queues, chaos reigns in T2. Too few staff and no order or segregation for queues trying to get to automatic boarding pass check (scanning) machines. If only there was a way of knowing in advance how many passengers would travel each day?. Boarding queues at lower Gates (A25/26) equally chaotic. As a frequent traveller and someone who has worked in the industry for over 26 years I find this inexcusable.
Date VisitMay 2022

"it's functional. Security was quick"

Trip Verified | I don't know why people criticize this airport. It's not the world's best but it's functional. Security was quick, it's busy but there is short walks to the gates and there is water dispensers. I don't care if staff are not friendly to me.