London Heathrow Airport

"so shocked at how backwards Heathrow feels"

Not Verified | I am so shocked at how backwards Heathrow feels. I fly for work regularly and I'm not very critical. The lack of personal support and consideration for customer experience is pretty shocking. Feels like Brexit is already taking its toll! I will fly through Schiphol, Frankfurt (or anywhere!) from now on. Disappointed and a bit ashamed to be British!
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Terrible, disgraceful immigration experience"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Terrible, disgraceful immigration experience, 200 people cramped in queues with 1 immigration counter open. Then you complain about rising Covid cases, people are catching it at your airport. Shameful especially during this pandemic when people have been away from loved ones. This shows lack of respect and incompetent management leaving 1 immigration officer on her own. Disgraceful.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Awful experience today"

Not Verified | Awful experience today at the security’s before departure. I was asked in a very rude manner to remove my boots and then, with a horrible body language and voice, I was told there were no disposable shoe cover available? I wonder if the authority can’t afford to hire decent, polite staff or if they need to save money from the cleaning company and asking the customers to wipe the floors instead?
Date VisitNovember 2020

"it was a very straightforward process"

Trip Verified | First overseas trip of 2020 and surprisingly it was a very straightforward process through Heathrow Terminal 2. We arrived with 3 hours before departure but needn’t have worried. Travelling to Warsaw on LO282, our check in was completed online 24 hrs before. The check in area was quiet and we walked straight up to the kiosk to print our luggage tags. After issuing the tags, the kiosk printed paper boarding passes without any prompt - trying to save paper, we had already got our passes on our mobile phones. Would advise airlines to check if passengers need a paper pass at the kiosk. Once our luggage was tagged, we walked straight over to a drop off desk. In the past, there would be a queue, but given our early arrival at the airport, and the drop in passenger numbers this year, queueing wasn’t required. Tags scanned and luggage on its way, we joined the queue through security. Only two lanes were open, but the staff were extremely quick in moving passengers through. Before we knew it we were airside. From walking into the terminal to getting through security only took 20 mins. Obviously the main difference this year is the number of travellers going through Heathrow (or any airport for that matter). Airside was much quieter than we have seen, and one can only imagine the loss in revenue for the high end shops that cater to the wealthy passengers. We made do with visiting World Duty Free, then WHSmiths (always need some reading material) followed by a pint at the pub on the upper level. Naturally everyone is wearing masks and observing social distancing. My wife was disappointed that the perfume samples were not available - for me this was a major plus as I would usually have to wait ages for her to try different scents before choosing which to buy. Our flight usually departed from a B gate, but given the low number of flights, we were directed to one of the gates at the main lounge. Arriving back to Terminal 2 a week later was a little bit busier than before. To start off with as we deplaned, we had to show our COVID documentation (completed online 2 days before). Several fellow passengers had not done this so had to stand to one side and do it there and then. Our arrival coincided with a couple of long hauls from the Far East so there was a long queue at passport control. This wasn’t helped by only three e-gates being used. Just as I got to the front of the queue, they closed the e-gate! However, a member of staff was very good at getting three lanes down through the 2 remaining e-gates. I wonder how these queues will change once we end the transition period at the end of the year. By the time we got through passport control and walked over to the carousel, the luggage was just being brought out. From exiting the aircraft to leaving the terminal took 50 mins.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"one of the worlds most awful airports"

Not Verified | Well I was pleased to see that in 2018 Terminal 2 was awarded ‘Terminal of the Year.’ Because after waiting in a 6 hour immigration line today I was grateful I was not at the worlds worst terminal, because that would have been simply awful. Heathrow must truly be one of the worlds most awful airports.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"Staff are not friendly"

Not Verified | I generally enjoy the service at Heathrow. However, the customer service at duty free bare minerals is appalling. Staff are not friendly, there is a lack of foundation shade variety and diversity and staff made absolutely no attempt to offer any help or sincere advice. Would not attend again.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"directions very visible and helpful"

Trip Verified | Excellent airport to travel from, we organised, professional well trained and helpful staff, A wide range of duty free shops, Signage and directions very visible and helpful, seating area is great, Business lounge is fantastic, even though at times there are long queues due to the efficiency and intuition of the dedicated staff these queues move quite quickly. I have always travelled through this airport despite living over three hours away, the standards at this airport improves each time I have travelled through it inevitably adding a positive experience to my travels In all honesty I cannot pick a single fault or negative experience that I have been through at this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I was expecting more choice of food"

Trip Verified | The airport is spacious, looks pretty, however for this kind of airport I was expecting more choice of food in terminal 2. Compared with Gatwick, Gatwick is much better. Staff should have better training at check in area. Not family friendly. Its good if you travel alone outside Europe.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"will avoid as much as possible"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Poor airport and security measures. Was in transit coming from New York going to Bucharest. Of course we had to pass security again, even though it was transit and the same terminal. So anything you might have bought back in New York was good to throw out. Luckily for us it was just some bottles of water. But at security, I had a can of Powder spray for the shoes/feet. The can was clearly Powder, measured in grams and was on an outside net pocket of my backpack. The security staff, instead of just taking care of the can, they got everything out of my backpack, every single individual thing, including cosmetics that were actually in the bag on the tray, and put them directly on the incredibly filthy tray (exactly what I tried to avoid touching with my stuff). This was done at a very slow pace. Also my dad had issues with all his bags, instead of going directly to the problem, the staff touched and got everything out of the bag. Hopefully I never have to use this airport ever again, will avoid as much as possible.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"received nothing but helpful and cheerful service"

Not Verified | Had to return home early due to Coronavirus. The airport was extremely busy. We received nothing but helpful and cheerful service from all staff. Thank you guys for a job more than well done.
Date VisitMarch 2020