London Heathrow Airport

"my experience was always positive"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Over the last 5 months I have visited Terminals 2, 4 and 5. Credit where it is due, whether it was departing or arriving my experience was always positive.

"Well done Terminal 3!"

Trip Verified | Well done Terminal 3! Departed from there yesterday on AA flight to Miami with my wife. Unfortunately she had just twisted her knee and was struggling to walk far, but all the staff were very polite and helpful. Security was polite and professional, then a member of staff offered to get my wife a wheelchair (without prompting), which she declined as she thought she could manage. But the gate was a long way, and she wasn’t managing very well, then one of the electric buggy drivers saw us and stopped, turned round and took us to our gate. Again at the gate all staff were polite and helpful. Just to let everyone there know that we appreciated your great attitude!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"I got randomly selected"

Not Verified | I got randomly selected by a staff prior to entering "nothing to declare" gate. Immediately asked if are you from Dubai instead of checking my boarding pass/ticket. Then asked if I had any tobacco, I said no, I wouldn't buy those because I have asthma, to which he chuckled and said "I didn't ask if you have asthma, I asked if you have tobacco". I firmly said no.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Hugely impressed by Heathrow T3"

Trip Verified | Hugely impressed by Heathrow T3. Having said that, my local airport is MAN which is like a 3rd world, despot run nightmare. Flew with AA. Boarding a full flight was calm quick and orderly. Prior to that, security was a breeze, with polite, non-shouty staff (MAN take note). A very nice breakfast followed and it made a great start to a weekend away. On return, immigration was quick and I was in the carpark bus within minutes.

"no smoking areas here"

Not Verified | I never came on an airport where it not possible to smoke. Why are there no smoking areas here?
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"go out of their way to make life difficult"

Not Verified | The south security gate was closed and all passengers were directed to the north portion and the queues were simply horrendous. Heathrow security thrives on beings rude and unpleasant and go out of their way to make life difficult. The amenities in the airport are geared up for millionaires and full of designers outlets unfortunately not much fun for the normal people. Flights are never on time so don’t expect a happy visit. I avoid this airport whenever possible.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"experience absolutely awful"

Not Verified | Had just come off a 12-hour flight from Hong Kong and had to connect to get a domestic flight. We arrived at Terminal 5 but we were at the C Gates, so we were required to travel to the main terminal by train. It was around 5 in the morning and at least 2 flights had landed with a large number of passengers. There was only one train available that needed to take people back to the main terminals before returning to the C Gates and back and forth, so this took longer than expected. We were then required to go through security again however there were no signs or guides advising that we needed to do this. In some other international airports that we have connected, there is no need to go through security checks again. Because we only had 2 hours to connect, we decided we would try and head straight over to our gate before going to the toilets etc., but we encountered security instead. The queues were all over the place and you could see everyone was a bit fed up at this point. I had just come off the plane with at least 500ml of water left as well and instead of being helpful, I was shouted at for having a large bottle of water and was told to empty it on the spot by drinking it all (seriously?) or the security guard would bin my water bottle (was desperate for the toilet as well at this point). When we told her that nobody informed us that there would be security checks again, she shrugged and told us we should've emptied it in the toilets - obviously, I would've done that if I knew we had to go through this again! Overall she was incredibly rude, treated us as if we were stupid, put the blame on us and made our experience absolutely awful. If I had gotten her name I would've made a formal complaint. Honestly the worst airport I have ever experienced and would avoid in the future if possible.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"should do smoking areas"

Not Verified | It is ridiculous, I understand that is the law not to smoke inside the airport but they should do smoking areas for the people who are travelling more them 12h in the row (I just arrived from a connection flight).

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | 5 Check in machines I tried were out of service. Horrible customer service! Staff member at the check in desk was rude and ignorant. She asked me whether my final city destination was Turkey and then had a go at me for not knowing the airport code. Very very bad!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Very kind security control service"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Arrival to Terminal 2. Departure from Terminal 4. Both Terminals are very ok. No big queues to security control. All information presented loud and clear. Very kind security control service.