London Gatwick Airport

"what a dismal experience"

Trip Verified | Our first flight out since March and I wasn't quite prepared for what a dismal experience LGW would be. The main place for food and drink on the ground floor was Wetherspoons which had a queue of about 70 people. We could never have used it with the time available. The best we could find was Pret et Manger which at least sold wine and you could sit in the unopened Yo Sushi restaurant. For London's second airport it was a second division offering, especially compared to DUS where we flew back from. We deserve better, and they should offer better if we're ever going to start flying again as usual.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"Couldn't do enough for us"

Trip Verified | Had great experience with security team this morning when my dad had an angina attack while in the queue. Couldn't do enough for us, got dad stable and took him to gate, very understanding, very professional. Can't believe some of the negatives you hear, think they just have a tough job to do.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"terminal was not busy"

Not Verified | The airport parking is not a nightmare and the terminal was not busy. I got through security in under 45 minutes. The terminal is a clean space and me and my son saw lots of different aircraft.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"terrible facilities for children"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | I am writing to review the terrible facilities for children at Gatwick north terminal. I travelled alone with my 2.5-year-old 6 months ago, and at this time the children's area was being reconstructed. They were able to offer absolutely nowhere for young children to play, or a place to heat up and serve food to a toddler. They promised that the new children's area would be finished by the end of the year. We are travelling again tomorrow, and have just found out that there is still no children's area or place to heat/serve food. To me it seems completely unbelievable that such a major airport can offer no facilities at all to families with young children for such a long period of time. For the many families travelling through it must be a very stressful experience, and I know that I myself am dreading having to spend a few hours at the airport with an active 3-year-old. Much smaller airports manage to have great, free facilities for kids, and I find it unacceptable that Gatwick North terminal is so lacking in this way.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"we were overwhelmed by her rudeness"

Trip Verified | Most rude security! Traveled from Schiphol airport to UK with the same quantities of bottles with permitted liquids. But at Gatwick a female security worker gave us the most rude treatment we have ever got in a foreign airport! She let us throw a couple of the liquids! How can that be? She even made a rude remark! We are not arrogant or rude people ourselves so we were overwhelmed by her rudeness! Non of the security workers in the line we were standing had joy in their work. If you don’t want to do this job than quite your job! The waiter of the Jamie Oliver restaurant who served us today was the only nice person we met at Gatwick. But for us never again Gatwick!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst for immigration waiting time"

Trip Verified | Worst for immigration waiting time. The “All passport” line is the last: 1 person attending with full verification needed of “all passport”. 1hour 30 waiting.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Never again flying from Gatwick"

Not Verified | I will avoid flying from Gatwick North Terminal in the future. The chaos started once the went off the cab. It was heavily raining but there is no roof/shelter to protect you (and your kids) from getting wet while going off the taxi. We were struggling to find the check-in desk because there is a lack of indication. The security control was like a nightmare, very unfriendly staff with very poor manners and a complete mess. Not a single person organising the queues. Right after the control, you don't have another choice but to land in a shopping centre and have to zigzag through shops and aggressive staff trying to sell you perfume and alcohol, this can take up to 5 min to complete. We arrived at the airport 2.30 hours before the departure at 6.00 am but we had no time to have breakfast as we were all the time waiting on queues for everything. We crossed the boarding gate and had to wait 30 min with no seats available even for pregnant women. Once we were in the plane had to wait another hour until our flight number was given a slot to take off, this is also easyJet's fault as they rarely are on time. Never again flying from Gatwick.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I won't be rushing back"

Not Verified | I won't be rushing back. First time at Gatwick though I fly to and from UK every 2 weeks. Pre check in downstairs south terminal devoid of seating. Very little flight information. Once through security I thought I had entered a shopping centre and not an airport. Gave the impression of a posh shopping centre that may have a few flights tagged on. Shop signage so big and intrusive that the meagre signs relating to the purpose of the place totally drowned out. Saw several people in genuine panic as could not find signs to gates etc They need to remember the primary reason we go here and not just create an experience to syphon as much money out of people as possible. Will avoid if I can in the future.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I am actively going to avoid it"

Not Verified | Oh my goodness, I used to like to travel from Gatwick. Now I am actively going to avoid it. Poor security experience, queue after queue for everything. Poor food outlets with sky high prices. Treats passengers as cash cows or cattle.

"Terrible airport"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport. Always bad. I have just waited 60 minutes for the plane to park at a gate due to gross incompetence of the airport. This airport should be permanently banned from any expansion plans, due to their incompetence.