London Gatwick Airport

"really needs to do better"

Trip Verified | The staff from OCS do not seem to understand that some passengers may be disorientated after a flight, and they show no understanding of the stress caused to passengers when they are unable to get through an e-gate. I was told rather abruptly “So, do you want to see a guard then?” Not very professional! Emerged from arrivals at South Terminal, and looked for signage to Long Stay Car Park buses. I could not see any clear directions, except for a reference to the Upper Concourse. I am not familiar with South Terminal, so this meant nothing to me. I proceeded to the nearest Information Desk, which at 14.45 on Saturday 22nd June was unattended. Welcome to Britain! Eventually found the Upper Concourse, and went to wait for a bus at a spot which seemed like, in the absence of any bus stop, the place to wait. There were other passengers waiting. The bus came at 3.01 pm, and drove straight past all the waiting passengers, so we all had to haul our bags just a little bit further. Unacceptable! After exiting the Long Stay car park, after emerging from Eastway, it is completely unclear which lane is required to access the M23. I ended up in a lane for KFC Drive-thru, managed to get out of it and ended up going back past the Log Stay Car Park entrance and the Hilton Hotel and eventually managed to get to the M23 J9A. Gatwick really needs to do better.

"Sort it out Gatwick"

Not Verified | Passport control machines are a joke. Very good for safety reasons however have more staff working on the machines to get more people through! You spend half your time waiting in the queue to be sent to another queue because your passport doesn’t work on the machine! Not what you need after long haul flights! Sort it out Gatwick.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Good train service from London"

Trip Verified | Good train service from London, I think it's accessibility from London is good and takes only 35 mins from London bridge. Staff was a bit unhelpful when asked for any place to print outs and there are none after security check.

"Horrible airport"

Trip Verified | Horrible airport. Security mocked us for holding onto our passports like "our damn lifeline" and once you get through that mess you walk for 5 minutes through perfume land. My family and I all have bad allergies to scents so that perfume ridden shop made us uncomfortable for our upcoming 9 hr flight. This airport has almost no seating. Also, in the over 20 airports I've been through, I've never seen such disorganized gates. We didn't know where our gate was until it was posted minutes before boarding. Once all passengers knew their gate it was like a heard and we were all lined up and barely had time to use washrooms before boarding. I will never fly through this airport again. Go to the Heathrow airport, it's 100x better.
Date VisitMay 2019

"drove me back to the main seating area"

(Spain)

Not Verified | North Terminal - who thought it was a good idea to build "kids zone" play area right next to "quiet zone"? The constant screeching of children drove me back to the main seating area. I appreciate that there's a lot of work going on at the moment and maybe there will be a real "quiet zone" when it's finished. I hope so.
Date VisitMay 2019

"We waited and waited and waited"

Not Verified | My wife needed wheelchair assistance to the plane. Everything was very professional, up to the last waiting area before boarding. We were informed that someone would collect my wife at 2.10 pm, allowing all passengers who need wheelchair assistance to board first. We were flying with Norwegian to Tampa Florida. The flight departing at 3.10 pm. We waited and waited and waited, on 3 occasions we were informed that a wheelchair would be coming. The last time I went to the customer service desk area, a very rude, obnoxious and uncaring person, basically asked me not to bother her and wait. By then we had 20 minutes before departure, so I collected our carry on bags, and my wife with the aid of a walking stick made our own way to the plane. This was a very stressful situation. Other passengers who need assistance beware.

"A lack of seating"

Not Verified | This is one of the most horrible airport experiences. A lack of seating, the hottest airport ever, expensive and poor quality catering outlets. There is really nothing positive to say.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"2 of our 4 suitcases arrived"

Not Verified | Arrived from Doha on Qatar Airways. Only 2 of our 4 suitcases arrived on the carousel. After a 45 minute wait we were told that there were no more to come and our cases must still be in Doha. We went to the Global Shipping Desk (I think that was there name) and they gave us a claims form to complete Half way through we were told that our cases were now on Carousel 5. We ran down there but no bags. I asked staff to go and find the baggage handling supervisor but they refused. After another 30 minutes we were told that they were not on the flight after all. I told staff that we had a train to catch and couldn't wait any longer and that they would have to send my luggage on to me in Cornwall. They refused again and said that I would have to go back to London to collect them. Suddenly, whilst we were arguing the cases arrived after about an hour and a half.

London Gatwick Airport customer review

Trip Verified | I want to thank an on duty Police Officer and the local Vicar for their help in assisting me in finding my iPad which had been left by mistake in security. They were able to gain access back through security for me to retrieve said item. Travelling alone is a difficult enough experience, but this really was frightening, the two of them leapt in to action to help me and thankfully we found it without the need for further investigations. It could have been a very different outcome without their help and I want to say how grateful I am and hope that you will be able to trace the people concerned from the date, time and flight number on my boarding pass as I would like to commend them and pass on my gratitude.

"outstanding customer service"

Not Verified | I was travelling with two buggies and all my luggage, and a terminal manager assisted me by helping me push one of the buggies all the way to the departure check in. He provided outstanding customer service! I don’t know what I would have done without him!