London Gatwick Airport

"Border of control the rudest"

Not Verified | Border of control is one the rudest I have seen in my life. So many silly stupid questions that did not lead to anywhere. I'm American citizen and the guy was having a fit because I did not have a flight number on the landing card. He also asks me the reason for my visit which I explained and then was told that's not right. I was asked 4 times if I was going to be there less than a week like what am I going to in your country mate? Asked how much I make a month ? And how do I afford to travel? If I was on leave? What's my occupation? After all these questions he said I could come to their country. That was my welcome to London.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Staff were helpful and courteous"

Not Verified | We arrived from Tenerife late at night family + infant and found no airbridge being used (saving fees?) so we trecked up dirty stairways along dirty dull coloured hall ways with ambiguous signage. Eventually to immigration where we have to fill out forms because the airline hadnt bothered to hand them out. Staff were helpful and courteous. Pass through the sad duty free shopping eventually escape. This must be one of the crummiest airports we've been anywhere in the world.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Avoid it at all costs if you can"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I am a 30 year old female, I have traveled before and have never been treated like this. The staff at this airport are awful, rude, uneducated and just mean! Avoid it at all costs if you can. I suffer from panic attacks and agoraphobia (basically irrational fear / flight-or-fight mode, especially in open crowded places, triggered by stress), thanks to them I suffered a severe attack and even when I told them I was having one they didnt care and kept treating me rudely. I was left in tears and humiliation. Totally awful experience. And as I said I'm a regular traveler.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"one of the worst airports in the world"

Trip Verified | Gatwick Airport has to be one of the worst airports in the world! It is on a par with Miami International Airport which I now refuse to fly to even for connecting flights. Once we had landed in the North Terminal it took us one hour and twenty minutes to collect our bags and connect to the South Terminal as well as having to walk for something like 15+ minutes to reach immigration. The airport is really badly laid out as well with the need to go up and stairs or using escalators several times on the way. The direction signs are poor and not always readily visible. The Fast Track facility was heavily overloaded - it was almost quicker to use the standard facility for your hand luggage control and the staff are not particularly helpful or friendly and the standards seem to change each time one goes through in terms of what needs to be removed from your hand luggage to be controlled separately! Why this is the case is difficult to comprehend. Passage through the airport once one is through immigration etc. is like slaloming on overcrowded ski slopes. Quite frankly there is nothing positive to say about this airport which seems to get worse each time we have to through it! One word of advice is to use Heathrow or London City wherever possible and if you use Gatwick you should avoid taking a connecting flight as with luggage you need plenty of time - probably two hours - particularly if you need to change terminals. To summarize a very frustrating and depressing exercise!

"airport is dreary"

Not Verified | After using Virgin Atlantic departing from Gatwick South for years now, having to use their new site of Gatwick North was disappointing and I wondered why VA relocated to the North. The airport is dreary, dull, boring and does not have the best shopping experience you have using the South terminal. No wonder I was given vouchers to use the V Lounge as there was really nothing else to do here. For an international departures airport, and I don't include flights to Belfast or Jersey with easyJet, it leaves a lot to be desired. Certainly not looking forward to visiting this airport again.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"none of the BAA staff cared"

Not Verified | Arrived with a newborn baby and lots of luggage. Was asked to join a massive queue (I am a British citizen) with no regard to lots of empty lines with passport control staff sitting. I asked 3 times for help to be seen sooner as my baby was heavy to carry, none of the BAA staff cared. Feels like we are in a third world country and that Gatwick customer service is even worse! Disgusting!

"inane setup"

Trip Verified | Why are the seating areas in south terminal unused while we all stand outside in a crammed walkway, inane setup. Can't you guys get your act together.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"customer service was awful"

Not Verified | The customer service was awful, when I asked a woman at the desk a question about my flight and how I didn’t know where it was she then told me “it was closed” and proceeded to give me filthy looks and very rudely tell me that the only thing she can do is tell me to get to the gate quickly. I then had to ask again where said gate was and she then told me that it’s my fault and I should have gone earlier. Great way to help someone. When I tried to talk to one of your staff members on my arrival back to England I was rudely ignored after calling twice to be heard.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"so impressed with the level of attention"

Not Verified | I was so impressed with the level of attention given when I was traveling with a young person who needed special assistance. I was traveling with a young lady who is blind and selective mute and her mother. The Assistance was so effective and seamless at each point of support given. It was the best special assistance service I have come across at any airport, I felt compelled to make a review. Well done to this amazing team.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"unhelpful and rude service"

Trip Verified | Incredibility unhelpful and rude service. The epassport control was unable to register the chip in my passport. When I asked the lady at the machines how come the machine could not read my passport which is only one week old I was told to move on and she did not have time for me. She then waved me away. When I asked her to provide the service she was there for and help me understand if anything was wrong with my one week old passport she said she wouldn’t talk to me because I was asking questions she didn’t know the answer to. I had a similar unhelpful experience with the guy at the counter that I later had to talk to. This is the same every time at Gatwick’s arrival gates and I never experience in any other airport. They urgently need training in how to provide customer service. They seem to have forgotten that they work in customer service
Date VisitOctober 2018