Liverpool Airport

Liverpool Airport customer review

On return the queue towards passport control was interminable; the room was shabby; the presence of two very threatening police officers lounging against the wall and staring at the assembled multitudes hardly giving a welcome home impression compounded by the appearance of police wagons outside the terminal building; a really awful experience and one that is completely at variance with what one wants/expects from an international environment. I will not return to the airport under such conditions. Clean it up Liverpool.

Liverpool Airport customer review

I use Liverpool airport regularly almost weekly. The only reason I use it is that the flight times suit my weekends. It is without doubt the worst airport I have used in the UK. There are far too few toilet facilities - only one really as the smaller toilets at one end are often closed or unusable/filthy and the hand dryers hardly ever work. As for security I can only echo many other comments. Border control staff are slow and inefficient and if 2 (or more) planes land at the same time it can take over an hour to get through. Hopeless. They have passport reading machines that they must have bought in the 80's as they take forever to read them. Compare that to landing in Spain where a quick swipe of your passport is enough. It seems that Liverpool airport are so busy building shops and cafes that they have forgotten the basics. I would urge anyone who can use Manchester airport to do so as Liverpool is a disgrace.

Liverpool Airport customer review

As a native Liverpudlian - but living on the South coast - I was saddened to read some of the recent reviews for LPL. On my outbound easyJet flight to IOM check-in was swift and staff were courteous the much maligned security was swift and I even managed a humorous exchange with the staff. Sadly the return was poor by comparison. We were late arriving from IOM but I noticed only one Ryanair and two other easyJet aircraft on a very empty apron. Even so we were parked in such a way that (we were told) we would have entered the terminal - through a nearby door - at the same time and point as some international passengers which would mean going through customs and passport control. Instead we waited quite a while for buses to ferry us round to the Domestic entrance where our aircraft could have been parked anyway! A seemingly minor but poor experience which makes me wonder what would have happened if the apron had been full.

Liverpool Airport customer review

Like a lot of people very unhappy with our experience at Liverpool Airport particularly the security guards who seem to be on a power trip. The attitude of one woman was appalling. My formal complaint has been ignored. Seems like they are not interested in passenger's experience or improving the service they give.

Liverpool Airport customer review

My experience at this airport was poor. The entrance doors to the terminal were covered in pieces of masking tape holding the doors together! The toilets were vile the departures area smelled of greasy food. Standing at the departure gate one felt like cattle being herded through a cow shed. The one plus point was that we got through security quickly. Really an appalling airport to be avoided if at all possible. Manchester Airport knocks spots off Liverpool.

Liverpool Airport customer review

It has greatly expanded but is too small for passengers it handle. Has a reasonably priced multistorey adjacent to terminal but check in area is cramped and not very clean. I paid in advance for fastpass security sent a voucher and was told it would be validated so I could pass through barrier - there was no one there so had to go through normal channel. It wasn't too long but the staff not particularly helpful or friendly. Through security it is very cramped there is virtually no seating at the gates so you have to sit in a bar or restaurant and watch the monitor. Then you have to queue in quite a small area. Shop and catering were ok but lack of space is a real problem.

Liverpool Airport customer review

Recently used Liverpool airport for flights to Fuerteventura only took hand luggage. Security staff pleasant no problems with the queues at security. Still some work going on improving Liverpool airport.

Liverpool Airport customer review

It's a horrible place Check in at 0500 for an 0700 flight and you're lucky if you have time to buy a newspaper on the way through. There's absolutely no chance of using the executive lounge. As to security why do they have queues ? Surely they have a timetable and staff the airport accordingly is it deliberate after all we are customers and money spends anywhere. I stopped using Liverpool in October 2010 as the airport seems totally disinterested in their customers.

Liverpool Airport customer review

From rude security staff who bark at you rather than talk like a human being to appalling catering grubby cafes low ceilings everywhere. This airport reeks of overbearing management whose mission iis to make your experience as miserable as possible and to extricate as much money from you as possible. And to charge you £2 just to drop someone off or pick them up or check in to the Hilton Hotel. Avoid if at all possible.

Liverpool Airport customer review

Used this airport for the first time last week and was very satisfied with the experience. We checked in at 5am and went straight through security with little delay the staff were pleasant and efficient. There were enough facilities for our needs but seating would be seriously at a premium in the peak holiday season. On our return everything worked well and they even had a member of staff at immigration directing people to the next available officer although Immigration staff need to up their game and try working harder.