Liverpool Airport

"no hitches on either departure or arrival"

Trip Verified | Although our home is more or less equidistant from Liverpool or Manchester, my wife and I will always opt to fly from Liverpool whenever possible. Reading Skytrax reviews of Manchester Airport will help to explain why, though to be fair I think that Manchester suffers because it is so busy. In contrast, Liverpool Airport attracts far fewer flights and so is more able to cope with its footfall. It doesn't receive many reviews and some that do appear carp about such things as drop-off charges. I suspect, however, that the majority of people who fly via Liverpool are satisfied with the service provided but are not concerned about posting reviews to say so. Our most recent transit of Liverpool Airport was as easygoing as all the others we have had this year: no hitches on either departure or arrival, efficiency without any hint of "jobsworth-ness" at security or the flight gate and reasonable comfort while waiting for the flight. The overall impression I get as I look around at fellow passengers is that Liverpool Airport provides a fairly relaxed starting point for an overseas trip. Long may it continue.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"should be doing way way better"

Not Verified | Airport delay over an hour and a half and counting gives me more time to give bad reviews. Tough poo Liverpool you should be doing way way better than this. Utterly, utterly incompetent to a dangerous extent. Don't use this airport.
Date VisitJune 2018

"I have never been questioned about before"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Liverpool Airport charge for: Dropping off, plastic bags for liquids, as thieving as their city's crime reputation! No wonder Manchester (half an hour away) is the more successful airport! In addition, my liquids were in a clear bag, which I have never been questioned about before and I was made to buy one costing £1.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Nothing bad to complain about"

Not Verified | I have only flown from Liverpool Airport once, and found the experience to be overall good. Nothing bad to complain about, it was just a simple airport. That isn't why I have decided to write this review though. I have written this review to address the people complaining about the "never before seen" plastic bags needed to carry liquids when going through security. Never before seen? Are you having a laugh? I have flown out of Manchester Airport, Heathrow, Luton, Leeds. Every single one of these places have the same restrictions in place, you must use a clear plastic bag to hold any liquids, lighters, etc. Why do you all think you are an exception to the rule? It is absolutely ridiculous. "I have traveled from airports all over the country and never had to do this", okay well thats just a lie then isnt it. Silly people!
Date VisitMarch 2017

"making a quick buck on visitors"

Not Verified | I am ashamed to be from Liverpool with this airport. Traveling to collect a grieving family member. Paid £3.00 for 10 mins parking. Family member walked away to find me. I drove to collect her only to get £100 fine for stopping on the airport property. Appealed and was told this is to prevent terrorism, I wrote them a letter complaining that to use the terror threat to get £100 was scandalous so they changed it to obstructing Emergency vehicles, none of which happened. So appealed to their "independent appeals service", this is not an independent service at all. Absolute con men! Visit Liverpool but avoid the airport! Rip-off merchants making a quick buck on visitors.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"lack of seating"

Not Verified | A nice little airport, easy to get to but lack of seating if not eating and drinking. If travelling by car expect to pay a drop off fee - disgraceful. Taxis are also charged a fee on top of the journey fee, again disgraceful. Larger airports dont charge! Match the wonderful and friendly facilities at Bristol - Superb.

"no water fountains"

Trip Verified | A friendly place. However I was disappointed that I could not refill my water container after processing through security. In a 21st century space it should be normal to have water fountains or taps in toilets with cold water. Most of the new toilets only had warm / hot water available.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"we've never encountered any unpleasantness"

Trip Verified | Since we always park in what used to be ipark, we have no problems with the parking "police". It's only a short walk to the terminal and if it's cold or wet we just walk more quickly. Despite many transits through Liverpool airport, we've never encountered any unpleasantness in security. Our most recent experience was no different. As we were leaving after the main early morning rush, security was quiet. In fact, the whole airport was very quiet so there was no hassle anywhere. The only tiny hitch was finding the way through the duty-free area as it was undergoing some alterations and the exit towards the gate area was not immediately obvious. Returning 4 days later was equally easy. I agree that "International Arrivals" and the immigration area are scarcely attractive, but from plane to the arrivals exit took us 15 minutes at most. We were en route home within half an hour of landing, something which would be impossible at Manchester.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"very rude customer service behaviour"

Verified Review | My family had the misfortune to travel via Liverpool airport and suffer the rudeness of the security staff there. We have used the same see through bags for liquids for several years at different airports without any problems, but according to a very rude young lady in security there our bags were too big and therefore unacceptable. She gestured to a vending machine where we could buy 'smaller' bags. I said I did not have the £1 coin necessary to purchase new bags and there were no change machines available there. The young lady rudely told me that I would have to return back into the main shopping area and get change. Of course I was not the only one suffering at her hands and this was causing unnecessary queues behind me while I tried to recollect my possessions. Eventually a more mature member of the security team realised there was a problem and gave us some bags for free. The repacking into 'smaller' bags obviously then took more time before we could proceed. Apparently my original bags were about 1 inch too big! I realise rules are necessary but this pedantic and very rude customer service behaviour needs to be immediately addressed or travellers will avoid this airport.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"poor unacceptable standards"

Verified Review | Liverpool airport offers poor unacceptable standards in every way. Arrival has passengers walking from the aircraft and queuing in the open air; usually raining, to a ramshackle passageway and pre fabricated open sided building eventually inevitably arriving wet and cold to immigration and customs. The entrance tin sheet passageways are absolutely filthy, as is entire airport showing signs of neglect. What a horrible welcome. This airport is classed as private and not public property and run as a virtual fiefdom , to an extent outside the normal law of the land. UK residents will recognise this from the quasi legal over zealous tow trucks that roamed streets unreasonably grabbing cars where they could, and charging exorbitant fees. Dick Turpin comes to mind! Transport both to and from the airport is appalling. Following the degrading experience of waiting outside and walking through the unwelcoming filth to immigration. On exiting we were obliged to walk half a mile with luggage to a car park to meet a taxi. The only place non black taxis; of which apparently there are too few to cope with passenger demand, they are allowed to stop to pick up a passenger! It's clear the wretched incompetents that run this private airport squeeze every single penny they can to make money without the slightest thought of planning or even applied logic. Passengers appear to be there to be abused, and yet charged fees for using this dump. Signs warn all motorists including taxis of a £100 fine for even stopping anywhere making it impossible to be dropped off, or collect at any sensible location near the terminal. They have CCTV cameras and mobile camera vans expressly for the purpose of catching any vehicle that infringe their draconian rules. Clearly expressly devised by thoughtless incompetents to make life more miserable and difficult for unwary passengers. The entire airport is not user friendly. It's dirty, ill kempt and generally looks like an extension of the poorest areas of a forgotten down trodden Liverpool of old. The city corporation should immediately be called to review the operating licence, for the present untenable state of affairs is undoubtedly damaging Liverpool's tarnished image further. My advice is to avoid this airport .
Date VisitSeptember 2017