Liverpool Airport

"Give it a wide berth at all costs, travellers"

Not Verified | My review is that the service at this airport is the worst I’ve encountered for a long time. I would not recommend it to any traveller wishing to get home. It took more than one hour to provide baggage at 2 am with only 100 passengers in the whole terminal. Give it a wide berth at all costs, travellers.
Date VisitMay 2022

"the worst airport signage that I have ever seen"

Not Verified | This place has quite the worst airport signage that I have ever seen at a so-called International Airport. I went to Liverpool John Lennon Airport to pick up some friends arriving from Spain. The signage was so bad at the airport terminal, that they went the wrong way and took 43 minutes to find me. The free parking time was 40 minutes. Ka-ching! Eight pounds straight off the mark for being three minutes late, entirely due to the lack of your damned signage (a sign saying Drop-off 2 this way and another sign at the car park saying Drop-off 2 is all that it would have required, with the same for the other car-parks). If you want to drive into the airport, the signs are adequate (I wouldn't say they gave drivers much warning of the turns) but if you actually want to arrive to meet someone, particularly if you've never been their before, the place is dreadful. Of course, you can always open your wallet and say after me "Help Yourself" and pay the extortionate charges to drop people off, but then airports have always been completely immoral in the extent of their charges. Needless to say, we didn't stop for coffee!
Date VisitMay 2022

"Dirty and smelly public washrooms"

Trip Verified | Dirty and smelly public washrooms. Good food and beverage options. Long queues at security screening. Cramped baggage reclaim area and long wait for baggage to be delivered to the Carousel.
Date VisitApril 2022

"The terminal doesn’t feel very clean"

Trip Verified | PROS: A good airport with easy parking. No queues as I wasn’t checking in a bag. Good selection at Aspire Lounge. No security queues. Simple. CONS: Delayed flight - which led to queuing in the gate holding area with no seats. The terminal doesn’t feel very clean - however it is ok. There weren’t many shops open, despite no restrictions from the pandemic.
Date VisitApril 2022

"security should get fired"

Trip Verified | The airport itself is ok but security should get fired, because of inhuman manners and rudeness. My liquid bag was ok, I have less than 1000 ml but apparently lady started shouting on me that my bag is too big, and she will throw everything. I started to argue with her, that most UK airports let me with that bag but she was still rude, dropping all bottles and etc. Then she started to argue with her colleague. The gentleman tried to help me, thanks to him and she was shouting on everyone. A couple missed a flight because of her manners. If you could not work with people, I am sorry, that is not your job.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"All in all a bad experience but gets you from A-B"

Not Verified | Arrival - had to wait an hour for our bags...no announcement about what’s going on, cramped in a small room with other people - not covid safe yet get hassle of you take a mask off. Departure - security disgusting. Waited 20 minutes in a queue to then be waved to go over to a different queue, then questioned with the woman who sighed and waved back into the original queue where the people behind had now passed through. Then charging £1 for a bag...I had one small lip balm and was told I could not just put it in the tray without a bag. So rude and arrogant, told me I can buy a bag so which I said I don’t have cash. Then she sent me on a walk to a cash point to get cash out to buy a plastic bag for a lip balm...talk about taking your job seriously. Mixed rules about shoes on and off, I guess the women decided to pick on me more and made me take my shoes off even tho no one else had to. Had the mask off to have a quick drink and was rudely told to “put your mask on properly”. All in all a bad experience but gets you from A-B. Staff just need to relax.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I personally think its a good airport to use"

Not Verified | Only problem I came across was at passport control, just the one guy who would just hold his hand out kept looking forward if next passenger didn’t look in his direction no one would know he was free, all other passport control officers let people know by just simply saying next, thought this was rude and ignorant of the officer. Apart from that I personally think its a good airport to use.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"parking restrictions do nothing to improve an already stressful time"

Trip Verified | I used LPL recently and had no complaints about the whole airport experience, the journey was for a business trip and I cannot complain about anything from parking up to returning. However, earlier this year I went over to LPL to collect a colleague who does not speak English. I monitored the flight as I was travelling and found out there was a short delay. I parked in a car park which was limited to 40 mins (I think) I received a call from the colleague and although we couldn't understand one another I made my way to the main collection/drop off area where I could meet him. However he was in the wrong place and saw me driving along the road waved and walked onto the pedestrian crossing directly in front of me, of course I had to stop, he then climbed in to my car. Now I have a £160 fine for stopping for 10 secs at a pedestrian crossing in a deserted airport in February. Some other pedestrians also crossed in front of me at this time so I could not move. The whole control/parking thing at LPL and the wider industry is vile, no company should employ these parking companies to carry out their licensed robbery. I'm not paying, we're off to court to see what the judge says, they are nothing but the scum of the modern society. In August the camera van was not there, I guess that's because it was not economically viable to have them sat in the camera van during a pandemic so it obviously has nothing to do with anti-terrorism does it. I replied to the Parking company and told them the story and of course they said I still had to pay. Surprise Surprise. I have had similar parking fines before which have been dropped, once after my story was published in our local paper. On this occasion I visited too many shops in the retail park with my wife and spent too much money in them so the retailers thought it would be a good idea to fine me. The car park was 75% empty! The (Get Rich Quick) parking restrictions at airports do nothing to improve an already stressful time. Because of the parking fine and this alone its a one star review from me, it has to be.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"surly and rude security staff"

Not Verified | In decades of flying. I have never need such surly and rude security staff, I was told the plastic bag for liquids was too big, the same bag I have for a year utilised for a year flying, including two or three flights a month out of Liverpool, the guy just wanted a argument obviously bored.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"who gives you the right to put us all at significant risk"

Not Verified | Covid 19 government demand social distancing. The airport staff refused to acknowledge this. Squeezed 26 people into the smallest space whilst waiting to board then squeezed all 26 into 1 bus despite 2 being together. I complained and raised my concerns at the lack is social distancing and was told it was tough! I am a frontline essential flyer trying to help keep people safe at this time of sever crisis, can’t do that if I’m exposed and made ill! Come on John Lennon Liverpool airport staff get with this pandemic viral crisis, who gives you the right to put us all at significant risk! You should be ashamed of yourselves and the government need to be aware and deal with this level of incompetence. Where is the airport management putting in safe measures for people who have to fly?
Date VisitMarch 2020