Liverpool Airport

"stop letting down our city"

Not Verified | Pros: the checking in and security is fast. The staff are not as nasty as Manchester airport. It's great that there's several buses that run from here to Liverpool City Centre. Cons: It's unfair and ridiculous to charge taxis and cars to drop off/pick up. Why in the world don't they have a 20-15 min free drop off/pick up? And as several others have pointed out, the cleanliness, eating and seating experience is severely lacking. The airport is the face of Liverpool and management need to read and listen to these reviews. It's time to improve and stop letting down our city!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Almost as bad as Manchester airport"

Not Verified | I had a terrible experience transiting in this airport. The airport was filthy and poorly painted and maintained. The toilets were disgusting with soiled floors, unflushed toilets and rubbish thrown in urinals. The carpets looked like they didn’t hadn't seen a Hoover for a long time. The kissing restaurant was chaotic. I ordered fish and chips and after a long wait saw a large build up of plates of food on the pass. I eventually asked could I get mine. No someone will get it for you. Ten minutes later I asked again and a disgruntled staff member brought mine over. The fish was like a fish finger and was over deep fried. Inedible. I left that and the bizarre two slices of white bread there and went to my departure gate. I had to laugh at the way the lanes were set for queuing. They were no straight lines. I was never so happy to get out of such a horrible airport. Almost as bad as Manchester airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"dirty, shabby, chaotic and rough"

Not Verified | The airport was dirty, shabby, chaotic and rough. Obviously no regular cleaning system in place. Carpets were fithy. The toilets were also filthy. Pools of urine on the floor around urinals. Ordered food and a drink in the kissing restaurant. The beer was flat and the fish and chips were a disgrace. The fish was inedible because it had been deep fried too much in hard batter. Bizzarely there was also two slices of white bread on the plate. The announcements were inaudible because of the speed of delivery. An airport is the first impression visitors receive when visiting a city and what a pity Liverpool airport disappoints on every count. Never again
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"security staff who are courteous and efficient"

Not Verified | I live in Manchester but so dire is Manchester Airport that I now happily drive to Liverpool and fly to and from there. Car parking right by the terminal, security staff who are courteous and efficient, and when we landed on a flight from Jersey the airport staff had the stairs ready and waiting. You couldn't find a greater contrast. Message to everyone in Manchester: make life easier and much more pleasant. Use Liverpool.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Extremely friendly and helpful staff"

Not Verified | Extremely friendly and helpful staff. My husband had requested assistance as he suffers with Parkinson’s. All of the staff without exception were helpful and caring adding to enjoyment of going on holiday. Departed 17/08/19 to Bergerac. Thank you!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"ruined by appalling facilities"

Trip Verified | Second time at this airport this year and very mixed. The positives - it’s organised, security is quick and it’s logically laid out. The negatives - the customer experience. Frankie & Benny’s walked out after waiting 30 mins. Burger King - everything double priced, no staff and filthy. The Wishing Gate - wildly expensive (over £6 a pint) and no staff. Starbucks - “sorry, run out of milk”. It goes on. A decent airport that is ruined by appalling facilities, no staff and poor standards. Avoid. Manchester not perfect but much better.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I hate the place"

Not Verified | This airport is horrible and treats customers very badly. I am comparing it with the many airports abroad I have used in the past 40 years of travel. I am ripped off at every turn starting with paying to drop off my friends and family and having to pay my taxi extra for drop off fees. The staff are on the whole rude and aggressive. My partner dropped off a Nike Bag at the special bag drop. The guy who checks it in grunted at us. It that the face of Liverpool Airport? There are few seats. The security staff are aggressive and rude. They have forgotten that we are humans and not terrorists. We are going on holiday with our loved ones so are hardly likely to hatch a plot, are we? The whole security process is dehumanising and made worse by bossy, hostile and bad mannered staff who call you love and patronise you. Easyjet calls the flight early and makes you stand on the air bridge with not enough seats like cattle, There are no plant-based dairy free foods available. And when you get back you are greeted by Border force (yes, force - I hate that name) and treated like a criminal for trying to return home. It used to be fun to fly but now it is an anxiety-ridden ordeal at Liverpool. Airports in the rest of Europe I have found are not like this. The staff are nice and polite and helpful. Not nasty and aggressive like at Liverpool. I hate the place.
Date VisitJune 2019

"it’s absolutely freezing"

Trip Verified | I’m at the airport now and it’s absolutely freezing. For the prices they charge you’d think there’d be heating on the coldest day since Adam was a lad.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Hygiene standards are awful"

Not Verified | The approach to the airport is on a road that was last laid down around 1940 I guess. If someone is dropping you off it's £3 for the privilege (and they have a permanent van ready to pounce if you dare to just drop off on the approach road. It's really grubby and shabby. Carpets in the departures areas are covered in stains. If you go in the evening, eat first, because many of the "restaurants" like to shut early. Not sure why they're allowed to shut, when there's still a number of flights due for departure. Possibly to save you from the overpriced rubbish they describe as "food". The kissing gate and the restaurant across from it are dreadful. Long queues, out of stock (sorry, only burgers left. No, out of tonic etc). All while listening to endless bleeping from the really annoying buzzers that tell people to pick up their cold food. Hygiene standards are awful (so what if I've been wiping down tables and just sneezed, I wiped my hands on my apron.) In short, Liverpool airport is a filthy useless kip. Just as well you only go there to leave. On the plus side, security is usually quite quick.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"needs knocking down and rebuilding"

Not Verified | This disgusting dump is supposed to be the gateway to our beautiful city, yet it is dirty, cold, and everywhere closes hours before the last flights, a rude girl in The Kissing Gate mopped around our feet, putting chairs on tables, then asked which flight we were on, she then stated "Oh okay, you will be gone in 17 minutes". How dare your staff be encouraged to behave in this manner? People sat on the floor everywhere, dirty chairs when they are available. The whole place needs knocking down and rebuilding. It is an embarrassment to Liverpool. We, and all of our students and clients, will now be travelling to and from Manchester.
Date VisitOctober 2018