Liverpool Airport

"Extremely friendly and helpful staff"

Not Verified | Extremely friendly and helpful staff. My husband had requested assistance as he suffers with Parkinson’s. All of the staff without exception were helpful and caring adding to enjoyment of going on holiday. Departed 17/08/19 to Bergerac. Thank you!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"ruined by appalling facilities"

Trip Verified | Second time at this airport this year and very mixed. The positives - it’s organised, security is quick and it’s logically laid out. The negatives - the customer experience. Frankie & Benny’s walked out after waiting 30 mins. Burger King - everything double priced, no staff and filthy. The Wishing Gate - wildly expensive (over £6 a pint) and no staff. Starbucks - “sorry, run out of milk”. It goes on. A decent airport that is ruined by appalling facilities, no staff and poor standards. Avoid. Manchester not perfect but much better.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I hate the place"

Not Verified | This airport is horrible and treats customers very badly. I am comparing it with the many airports abroad I have used in the past 40 years of travel. I am ripped off at every turn starting with paying to drop off my friends and family and having to pay my taxi extra for drop off fees. The staff are on the whole rude and aggressive. My partner dropped off a Nike Bag at the special bag drop. The guy who checks it in grunted at us. It that the face of Liverpool Airport? There are few seats. The security staff are aggressive and rude. They have forgotten that we are humans and not terrorists. We are going on holiday with our loved ones so are hardly likely to hatch a plot, are we? The whole security process is dehumanising and made worse by bossy, hostile and bad mannered staff who call you love and patronise you. Easyjet calls the flight early and makes you stand on the air bridge with not enough seats like cattle, There are no plant-based dairy free foods available. And when you get back you are greeted by Border force (yes, force - I hate that name) and treated like a criminal for trying to return home. It used to be fun to fly but now it is an anxiety-ridden ordeal at Liverpool. Airports in the rest of Europe I have found are not like this. The staff are nice and polite and helpful. Not nasty and aggressive like at Liverpool. I hate the place.
Date VisitJune 2019

"it’s absolutely freezing"

Trip Verified | I’m at the airport now and it’s absolutely freezing. For the prices they charge you’d think there’d be heating on the coldest day since Adam was a lad.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Hygiene standards are awful"

Not Verified | The approach to the airport is on a road that was last laid down around 1940 I guess. If someone is dropping you off it's £3 for the privilege (and they have a permanent van ready to pounce if you dare to just drop off on the approach road. It's really grubby and shabby. Carpets in the departures areas are covered in stains. If you go in the evening, eat first, because many of the "restaurants" like to shut early. Not sure why they're allowed to shut, when there's still a number of flights due for departure. Possibly to save you from the overpriced rubbish they describe as "food". The kissing gate and the restaurant across from it are dreadful. Long queues, out of stock (sorry, only burgers left. No, out of tonic etc). All while listening to endless bleeping from the really annoying buzzers that tell people to pick up their cold food. Hygiene standards are awful (so what if I've been wiping down tables and just sneezed, I wiped my hands on my apron.) In short, Liverpool airport is a filthy useless kip. Just as well you only go there to leave. On the plus side, security is usually quite quick.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"needs knocking down and rebuilding"

Not Verified | This disgusting dump is supposed to be the gateway to our beautiful city, yet it is dirty, cold, and everywhere closes hours before the last flights, a rude girl in The Kissing Gate mopped around our feet, putting chairs on tables, then asked which flight we were on, she then stated "Oh okay, you will be gone in 17 minutes". How dare your staff be encouraged to behave in this manner? People sat on the floor everywhere, dirty chairs when they are available. The whole place needs knocking down and rebuilding. It is an embarrassment to Liverpool. We, and all of our students and clients, will now be travelling to and from Manchester.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"no hitches on either departure or arrival"

Trip Verified | Although our home is more or less equidistant from Liverpool or Manchester, my wife and I will always opt to fly from Liverpool whenever possible. Reading Skytrax reviews of Manchester Airport will help to explain why, though to be fair I think that Manchester suffers because it is so busy. In contrast, Liverpool Airport attracts far fewer flights and so is more able to cope with its footfall. It doesn't receive many reviews and some that do appear carp about such things as drop-off charges. I suspect, however, that the majority of people who fly via Liverpool are satisfied with the service provided but are not concerned about posting reviews to say so. Our most recent transit of Liverpool Airport was as easygoing as all the others we have had this year: no hitches on either departure or arrival, efficiency without any hint of "jobsworth-ness" at security or the flight gate and reasonable comfort while waiting for the flight. The overall impression I get as I look around at fellow passengers is that Liverpool Airport provides a fairly relaxed starting point for an overseas trip. Long may it continue.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"should be doing way way better"

Not Verified | Airport delay over an hour and a half and counting gives me more time to give bad reviews. Tough poo Liverpool you should be doing way way better than this. Utterly, utterly incompetent to a dangerous extent. Don't use this airport.
Date VisitJune 2018

"I have never been questioned about before"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Liverpool Airport charge for: Dropping off, plastic bags for liquids, as thieving as their city's crime reputation! No wonder Manchester (half an hour away) is the more successful airport! In addition, my liquids were in a clear bag, which I have never been questioned about before and I was made to buy one costing £1.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Nothing bad to complain about"

Not Verified | I have only flown from Liverpool Airport once, and found the experience to be overall good. Nothing bad to complain about, it was just a simple airport. That isn't why I have decided to write this review though. I have written this review to address the people complaining about the "never before seen" plastic bags needed to carry liquids when going through security. Never before seen? Are you having a laugh? I have flown out of Manchester Airport, Heathrow, Luton, Leeds. Every single one of these places have the same restrictions in place, you must use a clear plastic bag to hold any liquids, lighters, etc. Why do you all think you are an exception to the rule? It is absolutely ridiculous. "I have traveled from airports all over the country and never had to do this", okay well thats just a lie then isnt it. Silly people!
Date VisitMarch 2017