Lisbon Airport

"one immigration officer for three flights"

One immigration officer for three flights. If you do not have an EU passport you will get to wait for the one immigration officer to handle all other passengers. The EU citizen counter will eventually take non EU passports but then another flight will arrive. Departures, better go early, as it is the same drill.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"clearly very lax"

I am worried about security. My bag was scanned and I was let through. When I opened my bag I saw I had forgotten to remove the cosmetics/bottles etc and also found half a bottle of water that had gone undetected. Very quick to get through security - but clearly very lax.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"a pretty slick experience"

Having read the reviews of Terminal 2, I chose TAP and Terminal 1 for our first time in Lisbon. Aside from the slightly old fashioned transit from the plane by bus, the array of biometric passport readers and 15 or so gleaming luggage carousels, had us in the taxi within 15 minutes of getting off the plane. On the way home, we had the choice of self check in or the 20 TAP check in booths. Security was pretty small but efficient, whilst the choice of food and shopping would have kept all but the pickiest happy. Plenty of seats around and we even got an air bridge to the plane for the flight home. I can't speak for T2 but T1 was a pretty slick experience.

"no queues on arrival"

Terminal 1 was a good experience. No queues on arrival (used e Passport facility). Baggage reclaim was prompt. Departure was good. Very short wait at security. Plenty of seating inside terminal. Food outlets were of a good standard and by standards of most international airports prices were moderate. Overall a pleasant experience.

"terrible security infrastructure"

With over 2 million air miles under my belt, this is hands down the worst airport I have experienced - terrible security infrastructure - rude staff, bus to airplane, expensive shoping, really couldn't be any worse if they tried to be.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"for a international airport, disappointing"

We arrived at Lisbon airport at 23.55 and had to wait until 7 am in terminal 1. Horrified that there were no facillities after midnight for eating and drinking. We were lucky to have some coins to use for the machines to buy some bottles of water. Almost no staff, only cleaning people, every now and then 2 security people, which were not very helpful when my father (who is diabetic) was falling ill because lack of food. Found the first aid after searching for half an hour and after persisting asking help from security. The lady from the first aid was helpful and explaned I could check out from the airport and check in the arrivals because there I could buy some sandwiches. Not a very pleasant experience. At 5 am several shops opened and we could buy some overpriced bagettes and coffee. For a international airport, disappointing.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"no staff were present to help us"

On arrival the passport egates (computer) were not working very well and no staff were present to help us. After 3 failed attempts using the machine I joined the now long queue to be seen by a passport control officer. When departing from Lisbon Airport we arrived from the metro at terminal 1. This had a lot of places to eat and shop. We were flying from terminal 2 so took the free bus there. Once we passed through security it became clear food and shopping options in T2 were very limited. Disappointing as I wanted something to eat other than McDonalds or overpriced baguettes. I had also hoped to see a great wine selection to buy as a souvenir but this was severely lacking.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Lisbon Airport customer review

Terminal 2 brings a new low to cattle class. The main terminal one where you arrive at the airport is beautiful with the facilities you would expect from an international airport in a capital city, but terminal 2, used but the budget airlines Easyjet and Ryanair for departures is truly terrible. It is a small area with a lack of seating for the large numbers of passengers forced to use it and only a small cafe area and a McDonald's both again with inadequate seating. Our Easyjet lane was delayed for a hour and many people were forced to sit on the floor due to the lack of seats. It made for a very stressful airport experience and we will now be paying the extra and traveling with TAP or BA for our return flights from Lisbon in future.

Lisbon Airport customer review

Probably our worst experience of a European airport in many years - inadequate seating, grossly overcrowded, poor catering facilities, unhelpful staff. Thankfully our flight was not delayed. Low cost airlines should review their use of this terminal, even if it means higher fares. Lisbon city and region should also be concerned, because this will make users think twice about visiting again in the near future, for business or pleasure.

Lisbon Airport customer review

Terminal two (the low cost terminal) is truly horrendous. Why the airport thinks if you are flying on a low cost airline you are ok with sitting on the floor for two hours I don't know. In my experience 'low cost' travellers are savvy frequent flyers, with a propensity to spend at the airport given good facilities, ample seating, good places to eat, and shops to browse. Terminal two therefore doesn't even make commercial sense. It's hot, the seating is hopelessly inadequate, the food and retail is really basic, and I will actively avoid flying from here in the future. Top tip - if you do get stuck here - drop your bag off then get the free shuttle to terminal one, loads of places to eat, relax and shop landside. Then get the shuttle back to t2. Do not go airside in T2 until you really have to. Cattle are treated better than the passengers here.