Lisbon Airport

"need to hire people immediately"

Not Verified | What is going on. There are 1000s of people and 4 counters open. We've been in line for 2 hours already. They need to hire people immediately.

Lisbon Airport customer review

Trip Verified | Waiting for over 40 minutes for my luggage on the belt on a small airport 19.52 Friday evening, what a joke, why? No update, nobody knows apperently anything (in 5 minutes sir..).
Date VisitDecember 2018

"It was a wonderful service"

Not Verified | I would like to thank all the wonderful people working with the Special Assistance team. I travelled from Edinburgh on 27/11/18 and returned on 4 /12/18. On both occasions these lovely people made my transit through the airport and off/on to the plane so easy and stress free for myself and my travelling companion. It was a wonderful service and I can't praise them highly enough for their courteous behaviour.! Absolutely wonderful.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"worst customer service we’ve seen"

Not Verified | The worst airport ever! We’ve travelled all over the world for years and this is by far the worst layout, least efficient and worst customer service we’ve seen. Had to go through security twice, confusing or completely absent signage, labyrinth upon labyrinth making you walk 4 times as far as necessary. Horrible experience.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Sack the airport manager"

Not Verified | The first impression of a country is the airport you fly into. Totally disorganized, long queues, not enough frontline staff. Sack the airport manager!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"terminal is not pleasant"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Lisbon is equipped with fully automated check-in, passenger and luggage check-in for the Schengen area. There are staff present but only to help people who do not understand how to insert the bio page of the passport into the reader. If your luggage gets stuck in the system, no one will come to help you, despite my request. The staff is here to tell you how to go and find your stuck suitcase in the machine! Then you have to find the machine that works and start again. Unfortunately, this tarnishes the image of the airline TAP very strongly. Moreover, the Schengen terminal is not pleasant, the signage is bad, there is not enough seating space, the toilets are disgusting, (blocked, washbasins and toilets) the locks are broken.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"there is limited space"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 is possibly the worst "international airport" I've ever used. Flights from the UK arrive at T1, but return journeys are by T2 where, other than the usual large duty free shop, there is limited space meaning a scramble of the few seats available, a small selection of outlets selling food at highly inflated priced (€5.28 for a sandwich), a McDonalds with rubbish all over the tables. We have a LoungeKey giving us access to airport lounges, but at T2 there are none. I assume that UK airlines don’t warrant the facilities of T1 for departures. I don't think I will travel to Lisbon again if this is what you end up with on the return.

"a great experience"

Not Verified | What a great experience of a large airport. I was travelling home from a holiday with my wife and 2 children (2 and 7 years old). On entering the airport, it seemed very busy. But we followed the signs for our check-in desk and found it easily. There was no queue for check-in. We followed signs for the boarding gates. The security check was not busy but we were directed to the fast track channel. I was initially confused by this but was told because we have a young child we should go through fast track. I never had that before. So, my wife did some shopping, everywhere seemed very busy, then we went to passport control. Again, fast tracked even though no real queue at the regular desks. At the gate we had time to relax for a drink and a bite to eat. And every worker was pleasant and we even had a guy joking with my son about having to stay in Portugal because he pretended there was a problem with his boarding pass. Great airport in a lovely friendly country.

"complete disaster"

Trip Verified | A complete disaster! Terminal 2 is horrendous in terms of rampant mismanagement and lack of organization. It should not surprise after a visit to probably the dirtiest capital city in Europe.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"1.5 hours queue for passport control"

Not Verified | 1.5 hours in queue for passport control to enter Portugal. Thousands in hall at one time. No irregularities in scheduled flights. Out of 9 non-EU windows, only 2-4 were staffed. Worst situation I have seen in a lifetime of international travel.