Lima Airport

"need more staff"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | It was the worst time lost in an airport queue that I ever experience in my life. It was about two hours to clear customs, a huge queue and just a few employees. I am very hungry now, although I do have money to spend on the airport and I thought I had time for a breaksfast there. But I ended up in a customs queue for two hours. Now I am inside the plane, I needed to run to be on time inside, even though I arrived 3 hours before my flight! You guys need more staff for the number of people in the queue.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Over two hours to clear customs entering"

Not Verified | I have never had to give an airport review. This one was so bad I felt the need to alert other travelers. I will never come to Peru again as a result of Lima Airport. Over two hours to clear customs entering. Two and a half hours leaving.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Worst experience within LA"

Not Verified | Worst experience within LA. Spent 95 mins to go through immigration. No one could guide us through afterwards and luggage took another 30 mins to come out.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"97 minutes to pass immigration"

Not Verified | 97 minutes to pass immigration. No one monitoring the line. Complete chaos. I was then sent to wrong luggage carousel. Twice. Officials kept disappearing from their desks at immigration.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"You can’t find someone to help"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | I can’t believe this airport was considered best in Latin America. It’s so hot in here, it smells badly, it’s not clean, there’s no good facilities. The line of immigration is always ridiculous and there is no order, the WiFi is terrible. You can’t find someone to help. You can’t leave it easily because there is no trustable transport and its chaos outside, tourists feel unsafe even inside the airport.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"by far the worst airport"

Trip Verified | I’ve traveled all over the world and this is by far the worst airport I’ve ever been at. Let’s say you are traveling from Dallas to Arequipa, via Lima; well, make sure you consider at least four hours (maybe even six just to be safe). You’ll have to take your suitcases, exit the airport, and then check in again (this applies whether you are entering or exiting the country). The lines are endless, and you have to do this two-hour line just to give them your checked suitcases (even if you already have your tickets). But once you finally drop your bags, it isn’t over: you now have to make a new line for security, which is another good one-two hours. Every single time I’ve been here I lost my connecting flights. I’m not sure who was the brainless engineer who designed the system at this airport, but they should probably fire him/her and do it the way is done everywhere else.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"it was four hours too long"

Trip Verified | I don’t ever write airport reviews (or reviews in general for that matter), but I was in transit for 4 hours there and it was four hours too long! I am a model and dietician so I bring my food with me, at any rate you can’t drink the water in Lima and there are no purified taps and your only option is buying a $12 USD 1.5 liter Evian water, that’s insane. As I said I had my meals so I needed some water as I like to stay hydrated but that price for water was by far the biggest scam I have ever seen in my life! I would bring an empty 1.5 liter next time and have them fill it in the plane if I had a layover. Water is essential for human survival, there is not integrity in leaving people with no options but to scam them with a $12USD bottle of water. I could go on but that is enough for now.
Date VisitJune 2019

"the worst designed airport"

Not Verified | No seats. No outlets. Can't even buy a soda and get a seat at most restaurants to get a seat, need to buy food. So it's obviously a know problem. The airport is bizzarely designed. Getting to a connecting flight is an idiotic process. They don't permit travellers to proceed through the airport to their connecting flight - you have to physically exit the airport and return through another entrance. Getting to security is also over complicated. They have most shops and food BEFORE security. Again, no seats. This airport is far, far too busy. Peru needs another true international Airport to handle its passenger load. Cusco is technically one, but simply flies to Lima 99% of the time. It's smaller, but has staff and facilities appropriate to its load. Lima simply doesn't. The outlets are placed mostly on columns... In the middle of the concourse. So sitting and charging is pretty much a non option. This is, in summary, the worst designed airport I've ever been to, despite its obvious importance.
Date VisitJune 2019

"would be happy with visiting again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | My transit was International to domestic at Lima airport, so we had to pick up our luggage, go through customs and immigration then re-check in for our flight to Cusco. Apparently most of the people on our flight were connecting, so I can easily say that there was no queue at immigration, and all of our four bags came out first (Star gold). A security guard asked us if we were connecting, and he led us through to the Avianca check in counters. Check in for the next flight was weird. One of the business class counters called over someone from the economy line to check in, and we were next in line at the business line. I was quite cross with Avianca for doing this. Once through, there were a couple of restaurants, and we were quite hungry, so we bought some Chinese food that was reasonably priced at the food court before security. For some reason, my friend's boarding pass did not work and I had already gone through. The agent asked me to pay $12 if I wanted to go back and help him reprint a boarding pass. This seemed like some sort of bribe, and not necessarily a good sign of a country. Security was quite quick, but then at the gate area, there are minimal seats, so most of us were forced to stand. Most of the staff spoke reasonable English and didn't necessarily seem intimidating at all. I don't know if it was because we were tired, but the terminal felt quite hot. One thing I like about this airport is the fact that taxi times are incredibly short here. The landing announcement didn't even finish yet and the seatbelt sign was already off! I think this airport works as an airport, albeit there are some parts it can improve. I think that I'm particularly happy about the short taxi times and would be happy with visiting again.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Extremely expensive"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | Extremely expensive, like 20 dollars for a coffee. Extremely rude staff at migrations and security, yelling at people and really bad body language. I found the airport not very clean for the amount of people on it. Also, charging for internet? Seriously? It should be something for free in a place where there is nothing to do, not even shopping because everything was closed for the night.
Date VisitDecember 2018