Leeds Bradford Airport

"This is the worst airport"

Not Verified | Departure was a tad slow but staff were OK and we went through in roughly 45 minutes -start to finish. But on arrival back from Malaga it took as long to get from plane to taxi as the flight itself. We were held for 25 mins on the plane - no steps or buses. Then the wait to clear passport control tailed back to the tarmac! There were a number of very elderly folk forced to stand for 40+ mins and then again at baggage collect. This is the worst airport I have ever experienced. Basically a cow shed on the moors with too few staff, facilities and resources to cope.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"security staff slow jobsworths"

Trip Verified | I would get breakfast before you get there if the morning. We were going to have breakfast before our flight but it took 2 hours to get through last week, it was rammed and security staff were slow jobsworths, not impressed, won't be using this airport again, we nearly missed our flight despite being there in plenty of time.

"Absolutely awful place"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful place, 3 hour line to get to customs on departures on arrival 2 weeks later, 2.5 hours to wait to get through and then 55 min wait for a pre booked taxi with the airports sole taxi provider. Never fly from there again.

"absolutely Fabulous"

Not Verified | Jet2 staff have been absolutely Fabulous, happy, friendly, caring, superb customer service and helped me on my single travel holiday to Kefalonia 6 am on Monday 26th August flight number LS253. Too many people are overseen for the great work and team spirit.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"has never been and still isn’t fit for purpose"

Trip Verified | I’ve never been a fan of this airport, ok it’s local but Manchester has so much more to offer and is better run. My main concern is the fact we had to wait over one hour for our cases to hit the luggage belt which is totally unacceptable. The area we were all waiting in was tiny with hardly any seating. 4 flights all on the same belt, no organization. Totally disgusting, why should we add over an hour to our journey time when this is meant to be a local airport. My husband and I have decided it’s more efficient to fly from Manchester because we waited so long for our cases we could have been over half way back from Manchester so what’s the difference. Leeds Bradford has never been and still isn’t fit for purpose. If you can’t cope with the numbers then limit the flights and stop being greedy.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"a miserable bunch with not a word spoken"

Not Verified | Myself and my wife travelled from Leeds Bradford Airport to Cyprus, my wife uses a wheelchair and upon arrival at Larnaca, the wheelchair was damaged as the brake cables were broken. Why when I use this airport does our wheelchair always get damaged? This is not the first time it's happened. Also the disabled assistants who collect you from the aircraft on return are a miserable bunch with not a word spoken during our journey to the arrival hall.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Avoid if at all possible"

(Spain)

Not Verified | On 6 August I was flying back home to Malaga from Leeds Bradford. Over £8 for a ham sandwich and cup of coffee. Broken down baggage belt. Long queues at check in. Poor/no air conditioning after security. No seating available except in cafes and bars. Poor layout of duty free area with many items not priced. Long walk from departure gate to aircraft. And on arrival on 5 August a 15 minutes queue to go through Passport Control. Avoid if at all possible.

"time was very good"

Not Verified | I travelled from LBA on 25th June and returned on 6th July, for once the experience was very good on both dates, with the exception that departures needs more seating at busy times, but hopefully this will be addressed with the new building, I have been very critical in the past so thought it only correct to say this time was very good.

"What an absolute joke!"

Trip Verified | What an absolute joke! The restaurants are overflowing because there is insufficient seating and there is no large departure area where you can sit, only the small amount of seating at each departure gate. This however this is made inaccessible because of the 'rabbit warren' like layout. As gate numbers are not posted straight away everyone congregates at the first one or two gate areas they come to for fear they will end up some significant distance from their gate when it is eventually posted. There should be a large departure lounge with shops and restaurants off this area like most normal airports. Whoever designed this chaotic layout needs sacking. What a mess!

"Chaotic and shambolic"

Not Verified | Chaotic and shambolic, many of the staff are jobsworths, over zealous security, make no mistake this is not an International airport, I've travelled extensively and this is amongst the worst airports I've ever had the unfortunate experience of using, unfortunately as I travel to Leeds often I've no real option but to grin and bear it. Nothing has improved in years in this airport, if anything it's getting worse but the management clearly couldn't care less.