Leeds Bradford Airport

"way too overcrowded"

Not Verified | My wife and I arrived back at Leeds Bradford yesterday on LS376 from Menorca. After a pretty hairy landing we were de-planed onto buses to take us to the single entrance back into the airport. Naturally, steps to be climbed and naturally, the escalator was broken again. Has it ever worked? Amazingly, immigration was not too bad but then down the stairs to baggage collection and then the fun started. Carousel 3, the board stated so 180 plus people make their way patiently to watch the empty caroussel going round, then, a few bags appear, then nothing. The carousel then stops completely and now what. A Jet2 person then shouts that it is fact a different carousel. Hooray! I also needed the loo, that was out of service also, like most of this airport if truth be told. The place is way too overcrowded, it is down at heel and frankly, not fit for purpose. Finally getting out of this dump almost brings a sigh of relief. We only live 35 minutes away but seriously, we will consider Doncaster as an alternative when we next fly.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Airport needs pulling down"

Not Verified | Terrible. Airport needs pulling down simple. Every time flying into Leeds Bradford there’s a delay waiting for the busses. The terminal is 10 meters away get a grip.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"almost taken by another passenger"

Not Verified | Our hand luggage containing passports, travel docs and money was almost taken by another passenger as it went out of our sight when we were passing through body scanners (had to have back turned to hand luggage scanners). This was owing to the large volume of people going through security and not enough staff to handle them all. Not good for a “secure” area. Also, toilets were filthy with no toilet paper and this was at 9.00 in the morning!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"nowhere to sit to wait for boarding"

Not Verified | Appalling attitude to customer comfort and wellbeing at this airport. Gradually over the last couple of years they have been reducing their seating replacing it with cafe space and premier lounge, both of which of course have to be paid for. Literally nowhere to sit to wait for boarding. This is unacceptable especially where families, the elderly and the infirm are concerned. I find this callous, cynical and calculating. They should be ashamed.

"Not enough seats"

Not Verified | I've used this airport twice in the last two weeks. It's truly awful. It's overcrowded first thing in the morning. Long queues for security and checking in. Not enough seats. Refreshment facilities are poor unless you want a pint of beer or a burger! Dreadful place. On arrival they seem to have franchised taxis to a local firm and long waits. Also have to charge £3.50 dropping off and picking up fee, which rises to £9.00 if you overstay your 30 minutes. This us all about money nd not welcoming or valuing customers The facilities have not caught up with the traffic using them. On both visits failed to get free WiFi signal!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"special assistance so understaffed"

Trip Verified | Do not use Leeds Bradford if you have disabilities! I booked special assistance at Leeds Bradford and Palma Airport for my flights to and from Mallorca 23rd September and 3rd October. It is arrivals on the 3rd October that I wish to focus on. We had to wait until the other passengers had been disembarked until we could get onto the ambulift and leave the plane. I was worried that, unlike at Palma airport, my wheelchair wasn’t waiting for me to get into, though it eventually arrived. The person who was a designated ‘special assistance’ operative was rude, calling my husband ‘fella’, ‘sir’ didn’t appear to be in his vocabulary. When I objected to this he adopted a confrontational attitude which was quite unnerving, and he then shoved the brakes on my chair and just left me and my husband without checking that there was any assistance to meet us. Chaos appeared to be erupting; a young girl and another special assistance person came to take passengers in wheelchairs but they were going to leave us – we had to shout after them and insist assistance had been booked. Apparently 5 planes had arrived at the same time, an event which couldn’t be all that unusual for an airport, but it had thrown them. However – leaving this aside - the Special Assistance arrangements were awful. Everyone shoves through one little door, wheelchairs being pushed quite roughly over uneven tarmac. Again, the people with disabilities were shoved through this door and down past a large queue, with difficulty. Eventually we arrive at a tiny one person lift which was used to take us up to the luggage hall and main concourse. The lift had to make separate journeys for each disabled passenger, around 6 on our flight. We were then left in a corner of the busy luggage hall, and dissuaded from using any more assistance as they were busy. So I had to take myself, self-propelling which I can do for short distances, through to the meet and greet area to collect our car, with my husband managing the luggage. It was really farther than I am comfortable self-propelling (I have progressive MS which leaves me with weak and wasted muscles). My name was never at any point checked, which beggars belief. The special assistance team were so understaffed that it was apparent that health and safety was being compromised. Absolutely disgraceful. When I feel up to it I will be putting in an official complaint.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"there is grossly inadequate seating"

Trip Verified | Arrived at airport at 03.45 on Monday 24 September for an early departuture. Only one of the two food outlets serving hot food was open at a time when people are most likely to want a hot breakfast. Why does the airport allow the 'Cabin' not to open? Also there is grossly inadequate seating for people not eating. Landed at airport at 14.20 on Sunday 30 September. Had to wait on plane over 5 minutes for shuttle bus to arrive, then queue outside for about 10 minutes to get into terminal building. Fortunately it was not raining, but very windy. Once inside the building, the queue was for a further 15 minutes to get to the Border Agency hall. Once through that, the baggage reclaim was chaotic. My flight number said Belt no. 1, and the screens above belt 1 confirmed this. No bags came. They were in fact on belt 2, I was only told by another passenger on the same flight. My wife visited the toilet in the baggage reclaim area - no soap in ladies toilet. When we got the bags, there was another queue to get out into the arrivals hall because only one of the two doors was unlocked. It beggars belief that an airport can be so incompetent with so many small issues that are easily solved by local management. All they did was keep repeating a pre-recorded message apologising for the delay 'caused' by flight arrivals. I thought airports were supposed to be designed to handle flights. We finally left the wretched airport 55 minutes after landing, a needless delay that could be easily solved by efficient and effective management. This is by no means an isolated occurance at Leeds Braford; I will endeavour to use alternative airports in future. I would not recommend this airport to anybody.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Unacceptable and appalling service"

Not Verified | 23 September 2018. Arrival from Malaga on time straight through passport control then a 1 hour wait for bags, no information given by staff on duty just miserable faces. Unacceptable and appalling service!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Complete mayhem and massive delay"

Trip Verified | Went with family for 4 nights in Malaga. On arrival massive problems at security which resulted in us queueing for so much time that when through we had to go directly to the gate despite arriving at LBA 2 hours plus before the flight. On return 4 days later several flights had landed at once so people were literally queueing out of the terminal building to get through border control. Complete mayhem and massive delay. When we went to claim baggage several flights were on the same tiny carousel causing more chaos. Outside our taxi got stuck in traffic as one of the exits had to have an attendant on it. Whilst this was a very bad experience it is not unusual for things like this to happen at our Regional toy town airport. Perhaps the worst one we use.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"staff are so rude and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Worst airport in the UK without a doubt, this is the second time we have used this airport and we will not be using again. Unorganised and staff are so rude and unhelpful.