Las Vegas Airport

"if you hate your job then quit"

Not Verified | I know being a TSA agent is probably very difficult but I do follow all the rules and try to be pleasant to you all but when I am treated like a five year old and told to line up against the wall “just like you learned in the first grade” than I get annoyed. Don’t wave me off and say stay here and don’t move! How about being nicer if you hate your job then quit. I would be fired on the spot for being rude to a patient of mine! Find a job that does not let you near people .. have a better day for the agents at gate D
Date VisitAugust 2020

"no social distancing at all in this airport"

Trip Verified | There is no social distancing at all in this airport! I asked an agent for help for the distancing she said it was not her job! This is a dangerous place for your health, masks are not enough, social distancing and washing your hands is the base for the protection of all! It is not that complicated, I saw it applied everywhere else in Vegas. I live here so I know first hand.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"Stay away"

Trip Verified | This airport is literally dangerous to your health. At least 50 percent of the people are not wearing masks, and indignant about it. Making matters worse the airport is just as packed as it ever was. Stay away.
Date VisitJune 2020

"went above and beyond for me"

Not Verified | The ground transportation staff at McCarran airport went above and beyond for me. I had dropped my phone in my Uber upon arriving and though I found out quite quickly, the Uber was already gone. Ground transportation personnel called my phone repeatedly until the drivers next customer noticed and they returned my phone before I had to fly. Always get to the airport early, just in case something unexpected happens. Thank you to the wonderful people working in Ground Transportation.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"How can an airport be so poorly planned"

Not Verified | Arrived from Mexico and had to walk through 100s of yards, possibly over a mile to get to customs and again after customs only to arrive at the far end of terminal 3. All transportation options were at the other end of the terminal. How can an airport be so poorly planned. At departure a few days later in terminal 1, TSA PreCheck was closed at 6.30 pm on a Sunday? Long line ups at security. Again very long walk to A gates and four moving sidewalks that were not functioning, not one but all four. Give me a break, most third world airports are superior to McCarran.

Las Vegas Airport customer review

Not Verified | I would like to commend the Staff at the Departure Gate for WestJet at the Las Vegas Airport. I was flying to Vancouver on February 1/20, flight 1789 and had misplaced my passport. When I called the airline directly I was informed that a Passport was required to board the aircraft. I had cleared Security and was already checked in for boarding. The agent at the WestJet Departure Lounge was so helpful and patient. He took my information and identification and called the airline. I did have a copy of my passport with me, which was verified. After 15 minutes I was told I could board the plane to Vancouver and then on to the connecting flight to Kelowna, B.C. I cannot tell you what relief and good news that was. I cannot say enough about the service and handling of this situation by the agent that assisted me.

"Rude and unprofessional"

Not Verified | Las Vegas - worst TSA experience I have ever had. Rude and unprofessional. I’m all for security, but rummaging through a 13 year olds bag while looking at her and not the contents of her bag which is falling on the floor is awful. They didn’t check anything, not even her eyeglass case. Just tossed everything around and let it fall on the floor. Then took my 17 year olds bag away without explanation to the walkthrough screening out of view, wouldn’t answer where they’d were taking bag, squatted and searched out of our view and sent bag back. My visibly upset, crying, angry daughter was made fun of by TSA so I said that it was wrong to make fun of a kid. He said he was “communicating” with his coworker to see if he was in trouble. Communicating in customer service is asking if coworker needs help. He was just being a mean person. Then the man asked if she wanted to speak to a supervisor, and my daughter said yes. TSA agent simply walked away telling everyone he didn’t know why she was so upset. When my daughter opened her bag, nothing but her underwear was touched (it was on a pocket on side of the bag). It’s despicable and nasty. Grown men bullying teenage girls and their mom. They only stopped when my husband walked into view from around the corner. Disgusting. She filed a complaint and we will too.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"rule doesn't make sense"

Not Verified | Got my multitool confiscated at LAS checkpoint. I had flown out of LAS with the same tool not even 5 days before with no problems. TSA was very nice about it, but I still had to throw away a gift from a friend no longer with me. The reason I couldn't have this tool? it had a 2in "saw" blade. My question is what am I supposed to do with a 2in sawblade thats going to cause such havoc that I cant bring it with me? Again, TSA was nice, but the rule doesn't make sense.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Pre TSA is strongly advised here"

Not Verified | Arrival was fine, but going through TSA at this airport was the absolute worst ever. I thought that since it was a smaller airport, it was be easier. Man, was I wrong! We left from the huge Atlanta airport and went through TSA with no problems. At McCarran, the people were rude, we had to stand in front of a machine to be scanned with our legs spread and arms up over our heads. Then we were frisked! Everyone had to do both of those things, not in Atlanta! I also made the mistake of buying a gift of lotion for a friend and it was confiscated! I know that I don't look like a terrorist, but I do know their rules. The woman had absolutely no empathy at all. The lotion was still factory wrapped. What the heck do they do with the things that they confiscate? That lotion was $20. I've never been treated so badly at any airport ever! Pre TSA is strongly advised here.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"the most abusive I have ever experienced"

Not Verified | I have to report that the TSA agents in Las Vegas Airport are the most abusive I have ever experienced. To say they are arrogant, angry, condescending, and very loud would be an understatement. I have never been treated with so little respect while going through security in my life. Commands were shouted and if not complied with immediately further abuse was received. I purposely wear a plastic belt to enable easy pass through security but an officer barked at me to remove it. I accidentally left a hotel key in my pocket and this gave me the pleasure of a full body pat down including my crotch and hand swab. My carry on had to re x-rayed because I failed to separate all items as requested and I was suitably chastised for my inability to complete their orders. In addition they insist on shoe removal, even when I was wearing plastic flip flops. In conclusion I hope this situation with the TSA improves as this experience has left a bad taste in mouth after fun few days in Las Vegas.