Las Vegas Airport

"extremely rude and inconsiderate"

Not Verified | The airport security/police are extremely rude and inconsiderate of any factors that might be slowing you down (in our case a 1 year old who was unwell). While waiting in the line, we were up next and we see this one officer who's just staring at us. While I am used to them signalling us to proceed and seeing nothing from him, I asked if we could. To this he shouts from there "why are you making things difficult?". I asked him softly, "how did we make things difficult for you?. We were waiting for you to let us know if we could proceed". He angrily responds "your ID and passes". We didn't want to take this any further. It seemed to be the normal at Mccarran.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Come on Mccarran! You can do better than this"

Trip Verified | Arrived at 8:20pm on 29 May 2019 from Zurich. Took 43 min to clear immigration. Total of 28 immigration channels, only 6 were staffed. 6 passport scanning machines (2 were out of order) but the airport staff said “they are not working right now” even though 4 showed green serviceable light. I asked another staff why we can’t use the passport scanners and got another answer “There aren’t enough immigration officers”. Well, isn’t that the point? Passengers using the passport scanning machines and having their fingerprints and photos taken, cuts down on the amount of time the immigration officer processes each passenger? Come on Mccarran! You can do better than this!
Date VisitMay 2019

"It’s awful"

Not Verified | Filthy, smelly, it might be the worst, dirtiest cramped airport I’ve ever been in. Once you have been here all other airports will be a step up. It’s awful.
Date VisitApril 2019

"was very disappointed"

Not Verified | Had a long layover at this airport and was very disappointed. It is very poorly organized and has very few and poor food choices. The foods that it does have is grossly overpriced, even by airport standards.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Get rid of the blaring music"

Not Verified | Pet relief area is a very welcome addition. Music playing in background is like being in a club. Way too loud and not necessary. Very upsetting to small children and support animals because of how loud it is. Why do we need all that background noise. If people want music they usually have it on their phones. It is nerve wracking and adds to anxiety. We have to be at the airport for so long, that doesn’t take in delays. Get rid of the blaring music.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"very disappointing for this level of airport"

Trip Verified | The airport is a very clean and nice airport but what surprised me and my wife is that this airport does not have hotspot that you can order a Taxi or Uber taxi. Yes it does not have a WiFi connection but only in the main terminal. No phone to order taxi as well. So if you of a need to order a taxi at 3 am as we did, you have to drag your several suitcases with you to the outside parking over a small bridge back to the parking just to find out that there is no internet there so you will not be able to see if your taxi is coming. So the solution is to run between the main terminal to the parking and from the main terminal to the Uber parking, this is a very disappointing for this level of airport, what a shame. The shuttle to rent a car organizes was very rude and did not organize the lineup at all, he was just standing there beside the bus doing nothing and when I said to him that he should do his job he was rude.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"TSA staff were the rudest"

Not Verified | The TSA staff were the rudest that I have ever seen. They were barking orders and telling you where to go but, then they were not ready. Then they were yelling again what to do or not do. It's sad, they must really hate their jobs. Maybe they need a change of leadership or morale team building.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"the worst I have ever experienced"

Trip Verified | I have to report that the TSA agents in Las Vegas Airport are the worst I have ever experienced. To say they are arrogant, angry, condescending, and very loud would be an understatement. I have never been treated with so little respect while going through security in my life. Commands were shouted and if not complied with immediately further abuse was received. I purposely wear a plastic belt to enable easy pass through security but an officer barked at me to remove it. I accidently left a dime in pocket and this gave me the pleasure of a full body pat down and hand swab. My carry on had to re x-rayed because I failed to separate all items as requested and I was suitably chastised for my inability to complete their orders. In addition they insist on shoe removal, even when there is no metal in them, but there are only a couple of metal seats to assist in re-shoeing. In conclusion I hope this situation with the TSA improves as this experience has left a bad taste in mouth after a fantastic few days in Las Vegas.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"do not fly into or from Las Vegas"

Not Verified | If you are pregnant and wanting to do a pat down opt out going through security do not fly into or from Las Vegas Airport. You will be harassed. When I asked the first security officer if he could request an opt out he said it will be a long time and you need to ask the guy on the other side of security. Well that is awkward because you have to go through the line to talk to the guy on the other side of security, at every other airport that person is the one to request an opt out. I was finally able to ask him. Disgruntled he requested a female opt out. He told me to wait in a small crowded corner where the floor was covered in trash, as I was wearing no shoes. Later when asked if the opt out was female he said, "um I think so". I am currently looking very female and very pregnant. After a while an upset woman waved me over. She was rude in very thing she said. I travel a lot, I've had over 20 pat downs being pregnant and none of them were humiliating at all, let alone this humiliating. She directed me to stand between lines of people getting their stuff on a mat, as she barked what she was doing. As she started explaining the pat down she struggled through every part, rolling her eyes, and being sarcastic. She never told me I was good to get my stuff. She just walked away once the swab was tested. I will be using the Saint George airport from now on, when I need to come to this area. I recommend anyone that would prefer a pat down to do the same.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"poor customer experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible idea to have old school carpet throughout your airport making it difficult to pull luggage bags. I thought it would be obvious not to have carpet in an airport where people have to pull their luggage and cause unnecessary effort and poor customer experience. I will avoid this airport when possible for that reason alone.
Date VisitOctober 2018