Las Vegas Airport

"we were treated like VIP’s by American Airlines"

Trip Verified | When we started our trip in Savannah, GA we had ask for assistance. When we arrived in Las Vegas there was someone waiting at the door with a wheelchair. This employee was excellent! He took us from one terminal to where we were to pickup our luggage. Waited with us for the luggage then took us out side and hailed a cab for us. He also gave us his card so when we return to leave we can call on the way to the airport and they will be waiting for us to get us to the plane. Even though we were basic economy we were treated like VIP’s by American Airlines.
Date VisitApril 2021

"LAS is just a really dirty airport overall"

Trip Verified | For such a newly improved airport, McCarran sure is trash! This is the worst practically new airport I've seen anywhere in the world. I don't know what the casino revenues collected in Vegas, or even the airport itself, are going toward, but it sure isn't toward having a meaningfully modern, efficient airport, despite the many years and dollars spent on revitalization. For the pros - 1) Baggage claim was actually efficient. 2) Signage inside the airport was ample. That's about it. As for the cons? 1) There is no efficient means to take a rideshare or taxi, as the wait for either can be over an hour. It took me 40 minutes and I felt lucky compared to the people around me. 2) There's no effective means of public transportation to the Strip and this is considering that the airport is practically on the Strip! Not even a monorail. 3) The terminals have mostly new, though very depressing and uninviting, architecture and design. 4) The terminals were poorly lit, in both the late evening and early morning. 5) I saw a tiny handful of anyone working in the airport who smiled, or who otherwise just didn't look angry. 6) Airline (baggage claim) and security personnel were almost entirely ill-mannered and officious. Not just "having a stressful morning and need coffee," but flat-out rude. 7) Apparently this airport doesn't believe in automated check-in and baggage machines, even though they're chock full of them, Alaska, Frontier, Southwest, etc. weren't operating theirs, and required their passengers to stand in long lines (of course, if you checked in in advance and have no baggage to claim, this isn't a problem for you). 8) LAS is just a really dirty airport overall, plain and simple. 9) Practically nothing was open in the airport at either 9pm or 6am, I guess this isn't a huge deal to me only because we're still in the midst of a pandemic. I understand that LAS has to interact with a never-ending array of passengers who don't even understand clear airport signage or etiquette, but I would respectfully suggest that LAS look to Salt Lake City (stunning new airport with overall great service) or even Phoenix (which is above-average but not great) as examples of how to operate a respectable airport.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"rudely, disrespectfully, and unprofessionally approached me"

Not Verified | Ride share pickup area. At 08.00 on February 27, I was dispatched to the rideshare pickup lot to pickup a passenger. Upon arrival, because my vehicle is equipped with a wheel chair rack, which extends three to the rear of vehicle, if I pull my vehicle diagonally into a parking stall I would create a traffic hazard behind me. To be safe without blocking traffic, I pull in parallel to the stall post. Your parking patrol person, rudely, disrespectfully, and unprofessionally approached me and started yelling at me.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"Food price is too expensive"

Not Verified | Food price is too expensive. One small bottle of orange juice $4.25. Compare with walmart just $1. All fountain water are shut off due to covid19. People has no choice has to buy food and drink with the price that no choice. Government should control and inspect food price at all airports. Why they can control people who rip off merchandise like hand sanitize, glove etc. out there but not at airport's merchandise.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"Get it together!"

(United States Minor Outlying Islands)

Not Verified | My wife only had a paper copy of her Drivers License. We just got married and booked her flight under her new name. We had no issues flying from Denver they were helpful and professional, but Las Vegas TSA was a mess. They told her to change her surname back to her maiden in order to get through security. She had to go back to Spirit and ask them to change her name on her ticket to match her passport. She had already flown with her new name in their system, but the Spirit staff member was amazing helping her cancel her flight and then re-book it to comply with TSA. Long story short they asked her to travel with a name that is no longer her legal name. She had all the documents needed marriage certificate, new social, new debit cards, new temporary license, and her passport with her maiden name, and her old voided I.D. but it still wasn't enough. Get it together! How does one airport know how to handle this matter efficiently and you guys can't.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"have never seen so much mistreatment on handling people"

Not Verified | My older brother has Autism and the TSA agents kept yelling at him. The first was yelling at him to move up as my brother was walking but I guess it wasn’t fast enough. When my mom said he’s Autistic, he says “well you need to get him and tell him”, she said I was but you keep yelling at us. The canine was out and we had to pair up. My dad was trying to be my brothers partner because he’s afraid of dogs. But the lady TSA agent wasn’t listening because she was yelling at him to go. So because he was hesitant because of the dog the agent with the dog kept yelling at him as well. We (my parents and I) yelled back he’s autistic stop yelling at him. I travel a lot and have never seen so much mistreatment on handling people.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"if you hate your job then quit"

Not Verified | I know being a TSA agent is probably very difficult but I do follow all the rules and try to be pleasant to you all but when I am treated like a five year old and told to line up against the wall “just like you learned in the first grade” than I get annoyed. Don’t wave me off and say stay here and don’t move! How about being nicer if you hate your job then quit. I would be fired on the spot for being rude to a patient of mine! Find a job that does not let you near people .. have a better day for the agents at gate D
Date VisitAugust 2020

"no social distancing at all in this airport"

Trip Verified | There is no social distancing at all in this airport! I asked an agent for help for the distancing she said it was not her job! This is a dangerous place for your health, masks are not enough, social distancing and washing your hands is the base for the protection of all! It is not that complicated, I saw it applied everywhere else in Vegas. I live here so I know first hand.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"Stay away"

Trip Verified | This airport is literally dangerous to your health. At least 50 percent of the people are not wearing masks, and indignant about it. Making matters worse the airport is just as packed as it ever was. Stay away.
Date VisitJune 2020

"went above and beyond for me"

Not Verified | The ground transportation staff at McCarran airport went above and beyond for me. I had dropped my phone in my Uber upon arriving and though I found out quite quickly, the Uber was already gone. Ground transportation personnel called my phone repeatedly until the drivers next customer noticed and they returned my phone before I had to fly. Always get to the airport early, just in case something unexpected happens. Thank you to the wonderful people working in Ground Transportation.
Date VisitFebruary 2020