Lanzarote Arrecife Airport

Lanzarote Arrecife Airport customer review

Not Verified | Waiting over 20 mins for steps to the aircraft to find over an hour for baggage to arrive. No information given for the delays. Terrible service! Not looking forward to the journey home!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"queueing for over 2-hours"

Not Verified | The worst airport I have ever experienced. Despite arriving 2 and a half hours before our easyJet flight we nearly missed it. The queue for check-in was unbelievable. There were very few desks open and 3 members of staff standing around and having a chat. This queue lasted 75 minutes. Then was the queue for security which was like nothing I have ever seen before. We were in the queue for an hour, which stretched the whole length of the large check in hall. Once we finally reached the front the staff were rude and extremely slow. Once again there were staff members sitting around chatting whilst there is a huge queue! Cannot comment on the shops and other facilities as after queueing for a total of over 2-hours we had to run for our flight. People behind us in the queue missed the flight and airport staff did nothing to ensure they got on, even though it was their own fault. Also alarming that our passports were not even looked at on arrival.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"assistance was provided superbly"

Trip Verified | My wife and I both need assistance and this was provided superbly; as far as we are concerned the airport staff could not have done any more. The area in the departure are for those requiring assistance has been moved and enlarged since we were last there; much improved
Date VisitOctober 2019

"staff need to learn to smile"

Trip Verified | Check in staff were not the friendliest, no hello, please or thank you, no acknowledgement at all. Security staff also not very friendly, no need at all to be rude. Lady scanning the bags was also rude and wanted to make my life as awkward as possible, making me walk back through the metal detectors to put my bag through again with all the stuff of my bag taken out to go through. My flight from Stansted to Lanzarote did not make me do this. At the Lanzarote airport I was literally made to feel like a criminal. The staff need to learn to smile and learn some customer service skills. A smile, a please and thank you wouldn't hurt. The ladies toilets were smelly. I did like the range of shops though, the only good point I'm afraid. I was also quite concerned how when I first arrived at the airport after my flight, the passport security were not actually checking peoples passports, everyone was just being waived through which is quite alarming.
Date VisitMay 2019

"sullen faced and unfriendly"

Trip Verified | I was absolutely appalled by the way I was treated going through security at this airport. The woman who waived me through the electronic barrier stared at me with the most unpleasant expression on her face. On noticing I had sunglasses on my head she ordered me to take them off - I did so immediately. When I went through the barrier there was a bleep - I wasn't wearing any metal except a small pair of earrings. She then, again with the same awful expression, ordered me to stand to one side with the instruction 'wait'! She then continued to process other people through the barrier. At this point my partner turned and noticed I was being held. I therefore told him, fairly quietly, 'I have to wait.' The security woman turned to me immediately and ordered me not to speak. After a few minutes a male security person came towards me. He asked me for my case but I didn't have none - (my cased had been checked in). I indicated that I had a handbag which was still on the conveyor belt. I was not body-checked, but he proceeded with swabs to check over the contents of my bag and jacket, which was also on the conveyor belt. These swabs were then checked against an electronic device. Of course, I was totally in the clear - I assume this was a check for drugs? I was then let go. This whole experience really upset and annoyed me. In my opinion it is security wrongly and injustly exercised. I was made to feel like a criminal, when, in fact, I was a totally innocent holidaymaker trying to have an enjoyable time. The travelling experience is, I believe, as much of the overall holiday experience, as everything else. I believe that airports should look at the overall way in which their security staff and processes treat travellers - their customers - and exercise a more appropriate and relevant service. Surely, they can keep people safe, without treating them in such an appalling way. Also, the female member of staff who checked my suitcase in, was extremely sullen faced and unfriendly. It makes me wonder if airport employees somehow get a kick out of treating travellers with contempt.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Catastrophically bad"

Not Verified | Catastrophically bad. Utterly disorganised, no staff whatsoever, huge queues. At one point they just simply reversed the queue leading to screaming and an almost riot. Not one airport staff member visible or helping. We've been 3 times and other 2 were actually fine. This last one was so bad our children were in tears and we will never visit Lanzarote again after this. Such a shame as such a nice place but let down by the worst airport I've ever been in and I travel a lot. I don't know if it makes a difference but this time was a Saturday evening and wow was it busy, so if you're umming and r-ing about dates, I'd certainly vote a non weekend flight a better idea not that there's often a choice Shocking level of incompetence. Horrible horrible day, the anger and near violence really upset my children and I find that unforgivable. It's easily avoided by paying a few more ground staff.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"scam all the way"

Not Verified | Decided to wait until airport for duty free. Wow I was floored with the prices a £3 Toberlone in the UK is £6 in the duty free. 3 euro for a 500ml bottle of water - scam all the way. The actual staff though are brilliant. We did find a water fountain on the main stretch of shops. Shop your duty free before arriving
Date VisitDecember 2018

"staff were extremely helpful"

Trip Verified | We departed Lanzarote Airport on the 10/11/2018 we used special assistance for my disabled daughter, the staff were extremely helpful when we approached them for help. When the special assistance people approached us they put my daughter at ease and explained to customs that she gets very distressed, they exported us through customs where the security were all smiles and encouraged Hayley to go to them, she normally panics with the machines etc, special assistance then escorted us to the seating area where they came back for us at boarding, taking us through boarding right up to the plane talking and smiling the whole time. We would like to say a big thank you for making our usually stressful journey very relaxed.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"What a disaster"

Not Verified | Our experience arriving at Lanzarote was fine. We were through the airport quickly and on our way to our resort. The same cannot he said for our departure. What a disaster. The worst experience ever. We arrived an hour earlier than required as we have Executive Lounge access. We queued for over an hour to drop off our baggage. We had checked in on-line. There seemed to be a problem with the baggage handling equipment. The system for checking in is unfair as depending upon which queue you choose affects how quickly you go through. To be fair none of the queues were moving well but having arrived an hour early we were unfortunate to be in that queue - you know the one - where every other queue moves and yours doesn't. Despite arriving early we were one of the last people to go through. I think our wait was 1 hour 10 mins! A fairer system is the corded lines where everyone is in one queue and moves forward to a check-in desk in the order they arrive. This system operates at Gatwick throughout and also at Lanzarote but in the security area and not in the checking in hall. As I say it was a disaster. There was no announcement, explanation or apology. We were so pleased we did have lounge access where we could relax afterwards as I cannot imagine how we would have been once through to airside as being one of the last to go through it was very busy by the time we arrived there. Not a good experience.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"a credit to the airport"

Trip Verified | Asked for assistance for my wife, could not have been more friendly and efficient - a credit to the airport. Facilities are fine, how the airport copes with people with the amount of luggage ther bring, I've no idea.
Date VisitOctober 2018