Lahore Airport

Lahore Airport customer review

Have used Lahore International airport several times during my travel to from Pakistan. It is small but beautiful and serves all the conveniences. I miss a good nice and clean restaurant at the departure lounge. A coin telephone facility will also be very useful.

Lahore Airport customer review

My flight from Chicago landed me at Lahore airport. Lahore airport new appearance is pleasing. However customer service element was missing from every angle or perhaps my expectations were too high. There was only one international flight at the time so immigration process was a breeze but again pleasant side of good PR was no where to be found. At baggage claim I was stormed by porters who wanted to help me with my luggage. I was lucky to get away from them but passed security my luck ran out and suddenly some stranger was pushing my luggage without my permission at that point I knew I had lost the battle. To be honest after 18 hours of flight you barely have any strength left to fight anybody so to make things go smoother I suggest immediate surrender - it would definitely make your moments of reunion somewhat pleasant. Fancy building modern roads and highways reflect progress but we all know true progress occurs when we are mentally and intellectually progressed.

Lahore Airport customer review

Lahore International Dull but lovely. I have passed through many times both domestic and international and checkin /immigration and always quick and the airport is clean and quite relaxing. There is however nothing to see or do and they seem to have dispensed with those waiters that offer you tea and cake that all other Pakistani airports have. Strangely the one TV I saw last time I was there was showing WWE wrestling; most odd.

Lahore Airport customer review

I travelled to Lahore Club class by PIA and found their Club class facilities at the airport a bare minimal and dull. The only difference between the Economy class and the Club class facilities was the segregation between the two. The airport still lacks shops etc. I learnt from the few shop owners there that the rents that the authority charges for the shop premises are phenomenally high.

Lahore Airport customer review

The Architect has done an excellent job by designing a building which goes with the speciality of the City - Culture especially the outer side. In contrast the inner part has a much newer and modern look. The airport by itself has a star-rated approach but the staff is insufficient and above all inefficient. The immigration officers are slow. Lack of a quality Duty Free and Restaurants puts a negative point.

Lahore Airport customer review

I spent one hour there before the flight to Islamabad on 20thOctober. The airport is clean spacious and staff in the snack-bar friendly. Very refreshing experience in the contrast with the tragically painful Islamabad airport.

Lahore Airport customer review

I arrived at the new terminal in Oct '03 the place is very smart. The new security is so slow one hour to clear 400 travellers! Security guys were friendly and apologetic. Facilities in short supply and expensive.

Lahore Airport customer review

Check in was easy even though you have to OPEN your bags there for the customs! Departure lounge lacks any good food outlets. The only shop in the lounge had sub standard stuff at sky high prices. Over all I rate the airport as brilliant but people working there still need a lot of training in customer service!

Lahore Airport customer review

Lahore airport was small but neat. It's not that old shabby airport but still this airport needs alot of things like when 2 flights land in the same hour it will get hours to clear immigration. It's a hell for a transit traveller like it has no duty free no entertainment and even PIA's lounge is not good. I think Lahore airport should be expanded as it has the attributes to become a major airport in the region. Right now less than 15 flights are flown from Lahore daily. By expanding Lahore airport can do a lot of business.

Lahore Airport customer review

Year 2003 brought me a much looked for pleasant experience of landing at the new Lahore airport. It was a breath of fresh air. The airport is modern and spacious. Let us hope that it is not only kept like that but improves with time. However long queues at check ins were tiring due to too few check in positions /inefficient staff. There were almost no shops in the waiting areas. When I inquired about the lack of shops I was told that there were very few takers as the rents etc were too high. I have heard that the landing charges etc at Pakistan airports are one of the highest in the world. If true I wonder why. Perhaps the decision makers in Pakistan cannot see beyond their noses. They consider direct income from the airport as the real and only income. They don't seem to appreciate that making Pakistan airports attractive and inexpensive will bring a lot more money directly and indirectly.