Lagos Airport

Lagos Airport customer review

I was pleasantly surprised by recent improvements at Lagos Airport. Things work and processes are faster than they used to be and staff are quite friendly. The escalators work - unfortunately one of them empties everyone directly into the customs area so passengers were crashing into each other and falling all over the place. I only had hand luggage so was out of the airport in five minutes; highly recommended if you are arriving at Lagos. Note that each evening four airlines arrive at around the same time; KLM British Airways Air France and I think Lufthansa. The one that arrives first is OK but if you are on the one that arrives last you may well wait 2 hours for your luggage. On departure I spent 30 minutes relaxing in a very quiet cafe airside before going to the gate and boarding. Quite pleasant actually!

Lagos Airport customer review

I travelled through Lagos this week and avoided the old difficulties of buying Naira banknotes You now don't need to worry about using the money changers as there is a new Travelex Bureau at arrivals where you can buy and sell banknotes at very fair prices.

Lagos Airport customer review

I arrived in the afternoon from Accra on a Bellview flight from Ghana. Within minutes I was out of the airport no questions asked just a stamp in my passport. I didn't see customs on my arrival. From there a taxi to the domestic airport which is about a 10- minutes drive. Knowing that you are not aware of the prices the drivers will rip you off. The local airport where I took an ADC flight to Calabar was not bad. Nowhere was I confronted with difficult airport staff. The arrival in Calabar was also very smooth ; I got off and walked out. The return journey was also pleasant although a day delayed in Calabar.

Lagos Airport customer review

I can understand when people say Lagos airport is hell on earth. But they need to take a second look in recent times. The airport has changed considerably. Immigration and customs are now more friendly and most of all the elevators and conveyor belts are now working. This is a huge improvement on what we use to have in the 80's and 90's. I would say that the airport authority should continue to improve their services; and also provide transit facilities for international passengers. This will bring the Lagos airport to meet international standard.

Lagos Airport customer review

I’ve been through Lagos airport at least once every year and have seen the changes. It’s improved a lot over the year and everytime I continue to go through there I’m sure something else will change. People may refer to it as one of the worst airports in the world or a real nightmare but I see personality and real life.

Lagos Airport customer review

I dont know which airport that the people who have commented before me went through. However what I can say is that the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos Nigeria is a decent airport. I was there last year and as far as the airport itself is concerned it was a comfortable place to be in - central air-conditioning PAS system conveyor belts escalators elevators everything. The airport's toilets were clean too.

Lagos Airport customer review

Lagos airport is a real nightmare but it use to be worse in the past that is why there're gates blocking the road on both side of the airport when you get out this is only for security reason. Lagos airport is poor because the government is full of escroc Abuja is different because that is where the head of the government is. Lagos could be a beautiful city and people would not need to offer you help against money at the airport if the government was right. Anyway I've been to Lagos a few times to meet my family in law and people are so welcoming in spite of what you see when you arrive in Lagos airport.

Lagos Airport customer review

Arrived via domestic flight (from Abuja) - what a difference !. Abuja is moderately tolerable some of the International facilities are OK - Lagos domestic is a shed. Luggage arrived (result!!) on the single conveyor with a scrum of people from many different flights all looking for their bags. Outside - best to have someone meet you - I took a chance with a car to the Sheraton - a real zoo of people milling/shouting etc! Lagos International - although served by the same runway is miles by car - allow at least a couple of hours to transit. Don't be surprised to see people waling around landside international with umbrellas up - the place leaks like a sieve and the rain (even indoors) can be torrential. Get airside as soon as possible.

Lagos Airport customer review

Upon arrival no AC or electricity. At the immigration counter the officer bluntly asks each passenger to provide a "little extra money for him" in order for him to stamp your passport. Once get your luggage at the conveyor belt the two officers at the declaration immediately ask you "what you have for me today" meaning a little more money on the side. Finally coming out of the airport a swarm of people approach you from all angles wanting to carry your luggage. You literally have to shout fight and plead with the people to leave you alone. Lagos is HELL on earth.

Lagos Airport customer review

Apart from the recent fire there is constant electricity supply to the airport and I have never had to wait more than 30minutes for my luggage which is delivered by the working conveyor belt.