Lagos Airport

Lagos Airport customer review

Horrible! The worst travel experience ever. 4.5 hours from arriving at the airport to boarding the plane (we almost missed the flight). Bribery will get you ahead of the lines and around the first level of security. Give yourself most of the day to get to the gate. It was horrific.

Lagos Airport customer review

I disagree with comments that airport officials have improved. There is good customer service from BA etc but immigration and security are exceptionally rude. As a frequent traveller I have much to compare Nigeria with and Lagos is the worst. Abuja is not far behind. The last time I went there immigration insisted that my papers weren’t in order this was a brazen attempt at extortion for a bribe. At Lagos on the way out the security guy threw my shoes on the floor because I had made the mistake of sending them through the x-ray in a tray.

(Denmark)

This was a nice surprise. It was easy to get out of the airport. Checking in took some time due to endless checks and re-checks. When they x-rayed our luggage a lady at security control asked for "a gift". That was the only time we were asked for a bribe. The airport itself is not too bad. Limited shops and places to eat but free wifi for 40 minutes.

Lagos Airport customer review

Transiting through Lagos without a Nigerian visa is a manageable adventure if you know what to do. All passengers are directed to immigration even if you are in transit. Fill out the landing card and when you get to the immigration officer explain that you are transit and have your ticket or itinerary for them to see. They will get an officer to escort you through the airport to the gate. The police are nice enough but this is a hassle for them. If you don't have your boarding pass you need to pick that up along the way. If you have checked luggage you need to pick that up and recheck it unless you know for sure it has been sent onward. It is a whole lot better when you have the ticket and boarding pass before you get there. The biggest surprise to me was that no airlines take credit cards so if you need to purchase an onward ticket you need cash. The Premier Club lounges charge cash as well. Best food is in the cigar bar. Most important tip: have 3 hour layover minimum because they close ticket counters 90 min to 2 hours before flights and staff at counters do not work for airlines but the airport and they are extremely hostile to deal with.

Lagos Airport customer review

I regularly visit Nigeria and almost always arrive and leave via MMIA in Lagos. Its getting better but its still a bit frantic at times. On arrival ALWAYS ensure someone reliable is meeting you. Never get into a taxi unless you are 100% that it is your driver. You will usually have to wait at least an hour for luggage to arrive. When departing be careful about people 'helping' you; they almost always want some money. The check in lines are usually quite slow. Once through immigration there is an OK cafe on the right but not much else in the whole airport airside.

Lagos Airport customer review

I used this airport 3 times already this year and never had problems. Staff is nice and helpful. Will be back in Lagos next week and feel home upon arrival.

Lagos Airport customer review

Officials at Lagos Airport are friendly to people and you dont have to wait for long before you get your baggage. I flew through the airport 2 times in the last 8 months. Abuja airport is much better but Lagos airport is busier than Abuja airport. The country and the people are really not too bad.

Lagos Airport customer review

The airport itself is ok its when you step outside that's the problem. You are confronted by armed police displaying bully tactics and wanting money. If you dont pay you pushed around and bullied by these men. Dont go if you dont have to. Never have I felt so intimidated in all my life.

Lagos Airport customer review

Lagos airport is not bad these days. One funny thing is that before it used to be too hot now its too cold. But these days everything is moving so smooth and quick - except for when you get out of the airport. That is when things get horrible.

Lagos Airport customer review

LOS is surprisingly efficient for what is actually a rather small airport serving a very large city comparable to Chicago in size. Immigration and customs were reasonably fast. My plane had about 140 passengers and we all cleared the two immigration lines (one for Nigerians one for foreigners) in about 15 minutes with no suggestion whatsoever (at least not to me) of the legendary requests by immigration officers for "something for the weekend." (An Air France employee or contractor did ask me for a tip in return for showing me the way to the Business Class check-in line.) For safety (to ensure a reasonably well-maintained vehicle) and reliability it is best to have a driver meet you rather than trying to get into the city center on your own. Departure area amenities are minimal due in part to renovation works. (After renovation is complete LOS might rate three stars.) Security of baggage is a concern at LOS. My driver warned me not to give my bags to anyone except the airlines check-in agent. Even so I checked my bag at the Air France counter for my outbound flight to CDG and did not see it again for 21 days.