La Guardia Airport

"Absolutely pathetic"

Not Verified | What a complete joke - this is not a terminal, but a completely messed up construction zone. You will have to walk through mud, rain, snow and ice to get in and out of that terminal. There is not even a drop off without having to walk for 5-10 minutes through the complete mess. Once you made it to the "terminal", don't expect seating anywhere near the "gate". Also, don't expect the plane to be anywhere close to the construction zone that you have to enter to catch a flight. For that, you leave the building and walk and walk through the same weather, mud and rain that you experienced getting into that building. I have no idea why any airline in the world would assume that this was anywhere close to acceptable. Over the last 40 years, I have been flying with poor airlines into poor airports, but this is absolutely the worst and most unbelievable experience. For sure the last time that I flew with Delta Airlines, which is the only airline expecting their customers to accept walking through a muddy construction zone to use their "service". Absolutely pathetic.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"the design of the Terminal D is dreadful"

Not Verified | While pretty, the design of the Terminal D is dreadful if you are a human who has to walk the half mile to the last gate. And if you forget, or need to use a restroom after you get to the gate, be prepared to hike back that half mile! Further sadness is the design flaw of the expansive windows. Pretty views, but no overhang and poor window tinting means I left the airport sunburned and sweating from the greenhouse-effect heat! Sunburned from sitting inside an airport? Crazy, but true. Lastly, LaGuardia is now the most expensive airport in the world to get a snack, try the $6 bottle of orange juice (that costs $0.50 wholesale, and $4 at other airports). Shame on NYC and Skanska Design.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"is still very much a work in progress"

Trip Verified | It was the last leg of a long day traveling from JAC. The airport is undergoing a multi billion dollar renovation and is still very much a work in progress. Eating and shopping options are somewhat limited compared to other airports I was at on this trip. I was too tired and hungry to go exploring. There was only one monitor to check for departing flights at the far end of the C concourse. This was frustrating as my departure gate changed twice. The departing flight was stuck on the tarmac for about 45 minutes due to Air Traffic. Who knew that a late night departure from LaGuardia could get delayed waiting to take off?
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"I was totally disappointed"

Trip Verified | I realize the renovation is not complete - but I am so disappointed that the layout doesn't seem to consider people who are not 20-30 somethings or athletes. The corridors going to the gates are excessively long and I see no plans for moving sidewalks. I am a "normal" 50 something with no disabilities and still found it to be a trek. If you're going to do something, why not do it right? I was totally disappointed. Nice advertising, nice fountain but really, I like convenience most.
Date VisitApril 2021

"TV’s are deafening"

Trip Verified | TV’s are deafening. Not all of us need to anesthetized by useless news. Make some quiet sections. Other then that, the terminal has improved immensely.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"Worst shuttle service I have ever seen"

Not Verified | Worst shuttle service I have ever seen, out of many, and I want to stress up front that there was zero hustle in the the service people involved with the unacceptably-long shuttle time. My wife and I arrived at a high-numbered (no letter) gate and saw that we needed to get to gate 'D2'. After looking around in confusion and almost following a sign for D gate departures OUT of the airport, we figured out there was a shuttle between terminals (no signs for it that I saw). After a short walk, we got to a waiting line of shuttle passengers, some of which it sounded like they were waiting many minutes more. Another ten minutes later we were finally got on the shuttle, which took another ten plus minutes to get to our gate. Fortunately we had a reasonably-long layover to work with so we made our flight, another shuttle passenger was not so lucky. Also, at our gate the seating was very poorly laid out and cramped, yay. At least the staff at that gate showed some hustle to get us on the plane which was appreciated, my heart goes out to them.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"will gladly pay more money to not stop at LGA"

Not Verified | The worst airport experience I have had. Every flight to and from were delayed. They are clearly overbooking flights and can't handle the traffic. I missed my connection and have to pay for the hotel out of pocket because it was "air traffic control" issues and not weather related. They should't take in more flights than they're capable of handling. It took 45 mins to take a shuttle to go 2 terminals over because theres no traffic control for cars/buses. There so signs or info for which bus to take. The "bus stops" were overflowed with people waiting. And no help directing people. I will gladly pay more money to not stop at LGA.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"easily the worst of them all"

Not Verified | I would say it is a third world experience but that is unfair to underdeveloped countries. I have been to plenty of airports around the world and LGA is easily the worst of them all. The traffic situation is a disaster and only gets worse. It never improves. This airport should be avoided if at all possible.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"disgustingly filthy"

Not Verified | Absolutely disgustingly filthy. Food and wrappers on floors and seats. Sticky armrests. Badly stained carpets. The concourse of arrival Monday, September 16, for flt 5469 Delta from YUL and departure # 3300 Delta to GRR were awfully uncared for. Several "cleaners" were there but not doing their jobs anything more than chatting. It was very disappointing as Delta has certainly lowered the bar for service/customer care. Also, the wheelchair was stained. You are asking for health problems with such inattention to hygiene. Is it incorrect to expect workers to work? Look presentable? Attend to expectations of cleanliness? Or am I just too old school?
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"food options were pathetic"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airport that I have ever had the displeasure of “visiting.” No one could tell us which gate our plane would be arriving at. It took over an hour of us walking around, asking every Delta employee to eventually know where we were to go. The food options were pathetic: almost every stand had the same pre-made sandwiches sitting around for purchase. But the worst of all was the hot serve-your-self options that were placed under heating lamps in the middle of walkways. Passing travelers were free to touch and stir the food trays, but most did not even buy! All I could think about was the massive amount of global germs that would be deposited in each dish! To make matters even more depressing was the pan handle-like atmosphere where airport employees were harassing travelers to sign up for American Express credit cards. Some became indignant when we refused due to time restraints. One told me, “Ahh, come on, you got time, your plane isn’t leaving until 2.00!” Sadly, however, he or no one else, would help us locate our gate. My husband and I had to be detectives and do our own footwork to locate our plane’s eventual arrival gate. Finally, the “icing on the cake” would be the rock-hard stale doughnuts I purchased out of desperation after throwing away my pricey, cold, bland ham and cheese sandwich encased in a soggy roll, layered with smooshed tomatoes and wilted lettuce! Imagine eating that mess of a meal while looking at the horribly stained and filthy grey carpet and praying that you are hopefully at the right gate of departure. I say throw the whole airport away and start again. We, the customers, deserve a whole lot better.
Date VisitAugust 2019