La Guardia Airport

La Guardia Airport customer review

Old Airport without services. Fast baggage claim bad connection to Manhattan only by bus. It costs only 260$ but the bus is simply depressing. Moreover you have to drive through the worst part of Harlem in a 45 minutes ride that stops around 20 times. Finally the bus leaves you in the 114th st and you have to walk a few streets to take the metro downtown in a really dirty station. Better connections needed better services in the terminal required and just fine pre-boarding area. I know it's an old airport but it should have been rebuilt taking into account that a lot of the national and canadian flights stop there.

La Guardia Airport customer review

I have travelled to and from La Guardia through the main terminal several times on Air Canada and American Airlines. I have always thought that terminals A-D were rather shabby. Last weekend I travelled from the US Airways shuttle terminal and what a difference! It is clean bright and well organized. I arrived at 6.25 a.m. for an 8 a.m. shuttle flight to BOS however was immediately changed to the 7.00 a.m. flight and despite being selected for additional screening made it to my gate in plenty of time there was no time however to peruse any of the stores in this terminal. Arriving back was equally easy. I travelled to and from the airport on the M60 bus from the Upper West Side of Manhattan. This bus whilst cheap at $2 each way (coins or Metrocards only) gets very very crowded even though it runs every 10 minutes. The bus is a good option if you have the time and carryon luggage it is a bad option if you have a lot of luggage or are short of time. The bus is public transport it is designed for commuters (its main customers) and those with a small amount of luggage. Use an airport shuttle if you are travelling with suitcases.

La Guardia Airport customer review

I have travelled several times through LaGuardia. It is not as bad as the posters say. On the other hand connections beyond the airport leave much to be desired. The NY planning authorities have not - despite decades of service by the airport - begun to even plan to have a rail transit connection to either Manhattan the area rapid transit or the commuter rail lines. All of this is due to kowtowing to the residents of a nearby neighbourhood. A rail connection would be simple: just add an elevated line above the expressway from an existing elevated transit line about three miles from the airport. Yet bureaucracy and politicians' fear of that neighbourhood (Steinway section of Astoria to anyone out there familiar with Queens neighbourhoods) have prevented taking the logical action! In closing it is possible to go to the toilet after passing through security. People just need to hunt for it.

La Guardia Airport customer review

Avoid at all costs! I recently had the unpleasant experience of transit in LGA. I took the Delta Shuttle which operates out of the marine terminal so they could not check my bags through to my destination. The busses from this remote terminal run very infrequently so 40 or 50 pax were stuck outside waiting in the snow for nearly an hour. One never showed up so a man from car hire took us to our terminals. I had to recheck my bags and go back through security which was the most horrendous mess I have ever seen. The queue was backed up for miles! I thought that I would hopefully be able to catch an earlier flight as my return was not for 3 hours but by the time I go through I was at my gate only 20 minutes before departure. To make matters worse there are no toilets until AFTER security so I had to wait for all that time with out the use of any facilities. I know people in New York (and the United States in general) feel the need for all of this extra security but someday they're going to get sick of being treated like criminals. LGA needs some serious work especially in customer service. Never again will I travel through LGA! They couldn't pay me enough.