La Guardia Airport

"Worst shuttle service I have ever seen"

Not Verified | Worst shuttle service I have ever seen, out of many, and I want to stress up front that there was zero hustle in the the service people involved with the unacceptably-long shuttle time. My wife and I arrived at a high-numbered (no letter) gate and saw that we needed to get to gate 'D2'. After looking around in confusion and almost following a sign for D gate departures OUT of the airport, we figured out there was a shuttle between terminals (no signs for it that I saw). After a short walk, we got to a waiting line of shuttle passengers, some of which it sounded like they were waiting many minutes more. Another ten minutes later we were finally got on the shuttle, which took another ten plus minutes to get to our gate. Fortunately we had a reasonably-long layover to work with so we made our flight, another shuttle passenger was not so lucky. Also, at our gate the seating was very poorly laid out and cramped, yay. At least the staff at that gate showed some hustle to get us on the plane which was appreciated, my heart goes out to them.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"will gladly pay more money to not stop at LGA"

Not Verified | The worst airport experience I have had. Every flight to and from were delayed. They are clearly overbooking flights and can't handle the traffic. I missed my connection and have to pay for the hotel out of pocket because it was "air traffic control" issues and not weather related. They should't take in more flights than they're capable of handling. It took 45 mins to take a shuttle to go 2 terminals over because theres no traffic control for cars/buses. There so signs or info for which bus to take. The "bus stops" were overflowed with people waiting. And no help directing people. I will gladly pay more money to not stop at LGA.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"easily the worst of them all"

Not Verified | I would say it is a third world experience but that is unfair to underdeveloped countries. I have been to plenty of airports around the world and LGA is easily the worst of them all. The traffic situation is a disaster and only gets worse. It never improves. This airport should be avoided if at all possible.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"disgustingly filthy"

Not Verified | Absolutely disgustingly filthy. Food and wrappers on floors and seats. Sticky armrests. Badly stained carpets. The concourse of arrival Monday, September 16, for flt 5469 Delta from YUL and departure # 3300 Delta to GRR were awfully uncared for. Several "cleaners" were there but not doing their jobs anything more than chatting. It was very disappointing as Delta has certainly lowered the bar for service/customer care. Also, the wheelchair was stained. You are asking for health problems with such inattention to hygiene. Is it incorrect to expect workers to work? Look presentable? Attend to expectations of cleanliness? Or am I just too old school?
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"food options were pathetic"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airport that I have ever had the displeasure of “visiting.” No one could tell us which gate our plane would be arriving at. It took over an hour of us walking around, asking every Delta employee to eventually know where we were to go. The food options were pathetic: almost every stand had the same pre-made sandwiches sitting around for purchase. But the worst of all was the hot serve-your-self options that were placed under heating lamps in the middle of walkways. Passing travelers were free to touch and stir the food trays, but most did not even buy! All I could think about was the massive amount of global germs that would be deposited in each dish! To make matters even more depressing was the pan handle-like atmosphere where airport employees were harassing travelers to sign up for American Express credit cards. Some became indignant when we refused due to time restraints. One told me, “Ahh, come on, you got time, your plane isn’t leaving until 2.00!” Sadly, however, he or no one else, would help us locate our gate. My husband and I had to be detectives and do our own footwork to locate our plane’s eventual arrival gate. Finally, the “icing on the cake” would be the rock-hard stale doughnuts I purchased out of desperation after throwing away my pricey, cold, bland ham and cheese sandwich encased in a soggy roll, layered with smooshed tomatoes and wilted lettuce! Imagine eating that mess of a meal while looking at the horribly stained and filthy grey carpet and praying that you are hopefully at the right gate of departure. I say throw the whole airport away and start again. We, the customers, deserve a whole lot better.

"avoid LGA no matter"

Not Verified | We arrived 1.5 hours before our flight. We spent 30 minutes in line to check in with United and the next 40 minutes getting through TSA. It was 4:45am on a Sunday morning. We barely made the gate before they closed it. I am not sure how an airport can operate so inefficiently. Lesson learned. It is worth an extra amount of money to avoid United at all costs and to fly JFK and avoid LGA no matter how good a deal it may be.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"never go to this airport again"

Trip Verified | My 18 year old son and two 17 year old friends were at Lagardia this morning over three hours before flight. The security check-in line was very long. After over 1 hour they got to the metal detectors and were told the phone or phone scanners were down and told the boys they would need to go get a paper ticket printed. They did this and of course by then the flight had departed. The airline would not help our boys and they are right now stranded in New York. We have scrambled to get them a hotel. This is shameful, and would never go to this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"they were confrontational and hostile"

Trip Verified | First time travelling through La Guardia, my wife is 17 weeks pregnant and both of us are serving military. Only scanners were being used at security screening, my wife and I were concerned with harm to our baby, so she tried to opt-out of the scanner to do a pat-down instead. Security staff were immediately demeaning towards her, pushed her to the side of the scanner without offering direction. I had to stand on the other side of security watching helplessly while my pregnant wife was forced to stand in the open, without shoes, for almost 10 minutes until I questioned staff on my side. Employees never gave a clear explanation, and the employee she had initially spoken to just walked off without communicating the opt-out to her co-workers. Any time I questioned staff, they were confrontational and hostile towards me. When my wife finally got a pat down the employee verbally demeaned her, chastised her for not following directions, even though directions were not given. TSA guidelines clearly state that an opt-out of scanners is not meant to punish people, but my pregnant wife was embarrassed and felt like she was being punished. Shame on the security staff for being so ignorant and unprofessional. We will never ever visit this airport again if we can help it.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"still continues to be the worst airport"

Not Verified | La Guardia still can’t get one simple thing right. One has to wait 30mins to go from Term B to C or D. The most minimal amount of common sense would be to allow people to walk from C to B but instead you have to wait 30-40mins which means a missed flight for sure. Ridiculous and is why still continues to be the worst airport - 3rd world airport is an understatement.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"departure is a mess"

Not Verified | Arrival was uneventful, but departure is a mess. Going through security, the clear company was putting 10 and 12 people at a time at the front of the line, the TSA agent had to take his word for who was clear, they had two lines going to the same bin line instead of opening up another one. No one knew if they were supposed to go through metal detector for the scanner so they were getting mad at those in the wrong line, after getting through people were grabbing the wrong bins with the security guard standing there watching and not helping another passenger who had her laptop taken. Really miss managed. Then you pay $17 at bar brace for a sandwich that is the nastiest thing you ever will eat. I'll try Newark next time.
Date VisitJune 2019