Krabi Airport

"constantly super loud"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have been to. It’s constantly super loud. The loud speaker sound is also so bad so it’s impossible to hear what they say. Please stop with the loudness information. Everyone just thinks it’s annoying!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Very bad service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Terrible service of security. I have been travelling back and forth via this airport all the time with my Power bank. Somehow today they refuse to let me take it onboard just because the capacity of the battery pack has been smudged off. They refuse to take reasonable or allowing me to show them the product via the official website. There was no other solution neither are they helpful about the situation. Very bad service. Keep treating passengers this way, and it won't be long before everyone's stops coming here altogether.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"no vegetarian options available"

Trip Verified | We arrived a little later than expected for our flight. Check in went very fast and there were no line ups for security screening. As our flight was at 6.30pm we anticipated eating dinner with our kids at the airport. Past security there are 4 or 5 newstand kiosks with snacks and drinks available. A coffee shop had pre packaged meat and cheese sandwiches for 100bht each. There were no vegetarian options available. Washrooms were decently clean and close to the departure gate We did not see filtered water available but brought our own in through security with no problems. Seating area is small and accommodates 3 gates. Wifi required a signup and password which we did not have.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"male toilet is horrendous"

Not Verified | Feel compelled to write this review while sitting at the airport: The male toilet is horrendous! 3 out of the 4 urinals are leaking. The whole floor is full of urine. The staff all look unhappy and unhelpful. Look at the filthy carpet
Date VisitDecember 2018

"very dirty bathrooms"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have been to, and I have been to many. Very strangely employees are all rude and aggressive. Once you pass passport control there isn’t even a screen to give you information about flights. The place is dirty, full of awful street-like stores. No internet, very dirty bathrooms, broken chairs, and high prices. No credit cards are accepted. If you are looking for an encounter that will wipe out any positive experiences you might have had in Krabi, make sure you fly out of this airport!
Date VisitApril 2018

"Rude, slow, lazy"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Staff here should be fired. Rude, slow, lazy, nowhere near enough of them. Very poor government run airport. 2+ hours to clear immigration - just 1 plane is disgraceful. A/C is poor, facilites bad. AOT should be running this airport. Jumped up immigration staff - move on. Oh, and no free wifi. Hardly world class.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"attendant nearly lost my passport"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | The attendant nearly lost my passport. They are careless and not helpful at all! While I was getting my luggage they passed the basket with my passport inside to another passenger. Try to avoid this airport if possible. Those attendants do not concentrate with their work.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"immigration officers rude and not helpful"

(New Zealand)

Unverified | Immigration officers are rude and not helpful at all. Their instructions are all over the place and if you ask them to clarify they get grumpier. Such a shame to have a rude "welcome" to Krabi.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"a real nightmare"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Arrival to Krabi from Bangkok was good, at the arrival time the airport was not really crowded and I could find my transfer easily. The whole experience was good. On departure, I took a late night flight to Shanghai. Almost all flights to China are scheduled (for some reason that would be interesting to know) at the same time so the airport is completely packed with a desperate and noisy bunch of Chinese coming back after holidays. The problem is that the airport is not prepared to handle them. The airport was so chaotic at that time that I would not be able to find the correct line for check in. Once I found one line I thought was the correct one, the mess was so big that no-one know if that was the right one. In fact it wasn't and my line was completely empty because of it. I must admit that I was amazed by the fact that in such a mess my luggage arrived safely to Shanghai. Once I passed customs, the waiting area was even more packed than the outside area and since Chinese love to save seats for their bags, no room was available without fighting for it. The boarding announcements were made in Chinese, Thai and something that sounded like English so the not Chinese/Thai people around (me included) needed to dive to crowd to find out if which flight was boarding. At least, wifi (for paid, but very cheap) was really good so I spent my time with my cell phone walking and walking. A real nightmare.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"try to avoid this airport"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Immigration lines took more than 3 hours. Horible experiance standing for 3 hours in a line. It is even worse if you have to get visa on arrivel. Be preparad to stay all day in the airport. Sorry for the bad English. If possible try to avoid this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2017