Kolkata Airport

Kolkata Airport customer review

The security in the domestic terminal is awful. In the mornings and evenings there is at least a 30 mins wait for security check. This airport handles less flights than Mumbai or Delhi - but rudeness of staff and inefficiency of service lack of facilities etc has been perfected to a fine art.

Kolkata Airport customer review

It has to be one of the worst airports in the world. I have travelled extensively and never come across anything like Kolkata airport - it's filthy and plain disgusting. First impressions are very important and airports needn't be flashy but they need to be clean and efficient. On my last visit in 2011 I was shocked and disgusted by the state of the airport - filthy inside and even filthier outside. The parking lot was littered with rubbish and there were beggars.

Kolkata Airport customer review

One of the worst airport I have travelled through and I am a Kolkata native. Both Domestic and International (in particular) are very small and dirty. Baggage handler requested money to get a baggage cart and help loading the goods onto it. Restroom needs cleaning. Sitting arrangement while waiting for boarding at international airport is bad with torn seats. One improvement over last 2 years is the immigration staff.

Kolkata Airport customer review

Poor facilities at the departure terminal. Announcements are few and hard to decipher! Though immigration was quick. Not enough place to sit while waiting for departure. And some of the corner seats were dirty and need to be replaced. While arriving one notice all the construction work going on there - still have a long way to go to catch up with airports abroad.

Kolkata Airport customer review

Upon arrival bus was provided to reach immigration building and same is true on return trip. There are no airport gates which is unusual for an international airport. Bathrooms need improvement and there is lack of ventilation and air-conditioning in the departure lounge.

Kolkata Airport customer review

A glum and grotty airport. The immigration officers were rude toilets filthy and the facilities not worthy of an international airport. For the approx. 30 meters from the gate to the aircraft I had to board a bus. What an utter waste of time and fuel.

Kolkata Airport customer review

Recent trip (April) thru Kolkata convinced me to never go there again. Airport Immigration and Security were rude and uncaring. Slapped our passports on the counter with a huffy-get out of here attitude. Security changed boarding rules regarding carry on baggage while we were standing in line. All personnel expressed no concern for flight departure time.

Kolkata Airport customer review

It would be a wonderful treat if the Airports Authority of India people would find time to check their dictionaries for the term "transit". My experience arriving from Dhaka and flying onward to Dubai involved Jet Airways personnel having to retrieve my case from the carousel fill in a form (in duplicate with old-fashioned carbon paper) and then walk with me to international departures (along the apron). There despite having a boarding pass for my EK flight issued by Jet Airways in Dhaka I was escorted by Emirates staff to the check-in area (by-passing immigration) where my suitcase was re-labelled and a new boarding pass was issued.

Kolkata Airport customer review

I use the international terminal twice a year (4 times if you consider arrival and departure) connecting from Frankfurt Bangkok or Dhaka It's just a sad airport. The officials are glum morose wouldn't smile wouldn't greet. Toilets are unworthy - how difficult is it to construct and maintain standard toilets? The international departure lounge is small and dingy and devoid of shops and eateries. Early this year I even witnessed an altercation between a passenger and a security personnel that was allowed to go on for almost half an hour - it ended in a fisticuff! I know the domestic terminal is better but that does not help me. I love Kolkata follow its development and have used the international terminal on and off over the last 35 years. Some superficial changes were done but nothing in essence has changed over these years. I say even if you cannot afford the glitter and space of Bangkok KL HK Seoul or Dubai at least offer a smile to the weary traveller. I try to fly direct avoiding transfers at Delhi or Mumbai but I am finding it increasingly difficult to get a straight flight from outside. I have seen some sketches of a new terminal that promises to be of international standard. I hope I will be able to step through it in my lifetime!

Kolkata Airport customer review

It is not a modern airport by any stretch of imagination and the services offered are admittedly basic. You will not be spoilt for choices while shopping duty free for example. It is however relatively small functions smoothly convenient efficient and hassle free for an airport offering immigration and customs services. Staff are generally helpful efficient and polite. Any one with experience of rigorous Indian security checks before and after a flight will understand why this is my preferred airport in India. As in USA luggage transfer is not automatic for international transit passengers and getting a prepaid taxi is the best option out of the airport to the city. Domestic terminal is five minute's walking distance from the international terminal. It is newer larger and much busier than the international terminal.