Kiev Borispol Airport

"A very relaxing experience"

Not Verified | At last: a quiet, clean and efficient airport (Terminal F) without the tiresome duty free. The hourly Borispil Express train will drop you off near Terminal D, and you need to catch a half-hourly shuttle bus to Terminal F (mainly for LCC flights) as it's something like a 600m walk otherwise. The number of flights is fairly small, and seemingly mainly Ryanair. Plenty of room to wait, just a couple of refreshment options. Straightforward passport control and security, no queues. Plenty of seats in the departure lounge, easy access to gates, good view of airport operations. No duty free (Hooray!). A couple of refreshment stands. No air bridges, but then LCCs don't use them anyway. A very relaxing experience, particularly in contrast to departing from a UK airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"they don't speak English"

(Czech Republic)

NotVerified | My first experience with this airport was good, I've arrived to Terminal F and then have walked to Terminal D. The Terminal D is good, check-in was quick and the duty free zone normal. The smoking rooms are so small, but you can buy cigarettes there. On the other side my experience with waiting on Terminal F is horrible! There were just two small buffets with very expensive food and drink. If you want to buy anything else, its not possible, because there are just these two "shops". Smokers - buy cigarettes before you go there, yes, there is smoking room but you can not buy cigarettes. Also the police are arrogant and awful and they don't speak english. Also personnel on check-in don't speak english. They told us, that there is everything, but honestly. There is nothing. Toilets are like wc at summer festivals, smell really bad. You will sit on bad chairs, no comfort there. Its really a huge difference between Terminal D and Terminal F. They told us, that F is new, but to be honest, it's not new and modern. Just go there before your flight and be prepared. Maybe after some months it will be better, but one man told us that is the same for some months.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"the dirtiest airport I’ve been to"

Not Verified | This is the dirtiest airport I’ve been to. The staff are rude and do not know how to do their job. I got my luggage back damaged and the handle was broken on both of my luggage’s. There is also nowhere to buy water!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"it gets the job done"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I mean, it is a decent airport. Not the best one I have ever been to, but decent. Although the staff at imigration could be a bit kinder. Pay attention where they stamp your passport when entering Ukraine. I bet it is the last page, I dont know why though. There is a direct bus for 100 UAH (if I remember correctly) to the main train station and it goes every 15-30 minutes, Eventually, the buses are in very bad shape but hey it gets the job done.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"overall experience was good"

Trip Verified | I flew LHR-MUC-KBP and KBP-ZRH-LHR. On arrival to KBP there were clear signs at immigration booths where passport holders had to go to, e.g. UA/Other passport holders. Yes, the improvement can be made with the retractable queue belts as everybody tries to jump the queue, but there were none. So immigration checks took around 10 min. I have to say that MUC-KBP flight was delayed by 5 hrs, so we arrived off peak hours, around 20.00. Then another 5-10 min wait for luggage (I literally finished smoking a cigarette in a smoking zone, which now is in the luggage hall, big improvement for me, and you can curse me, non-smokers) and off I went. Uber is available in Kyiv, so you don't have to be at the mercy of taxi touts. All in all it was 30 min experience. People arriving at peak times (12.00-15.00) might not agree with me but hey, that's life. On way back, check in was smooth at LH desk (I checked in online, then just dropped off my suitcase), then there was a flight check by a lady (no bar code readers yet), security was also quick, immigration was as usual, again, 30 min and then I was airside. There were usual duty free shops with some bargains to hunt for (Jim Beam 1 l €13, ciggies, etc), overpriced food and booze as in all airports over the world - not to complain, that's reality. I didn't try free wifi. So overall experience was good.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"an extremely unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | After landing, I headed to the customs to have my passport checked, like everybody else. Some signs indicated that foreigners should go to the left, I followed the arrows, which led to the crew and diplomats lane. I waited in the queue, behind the line, and I was shouted at by a Ukrainian stewardess - in front of everybody - yelling at me that I wasn't a diplomat. I don't know who is responsible for this mess, but the organisation of your airport is the worst I've experienced, and being greeted in such a way by Ukrainian people will keep their country on your waiting line from any help from Europe for a long time. I know that happens every day to many other Europeans, who never feel welcome in Ukraine. Yet again an extremely unpleasant experience right from the first steps in Ukraine.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Very beautiful decorations"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Very beautiful decorations for New Year and Christmas. Nice lounge for Ukraine International Airlines. Fast check in and with fast lane our security check took only 5 minutes.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"there is much improvement in the airport"

Not Verified | I have flown from WAW to KBP on August 11th then KBP to ODS on August 15th and then ODS - KBP - WAW on August 19th. I have to say that there is much improvement in the airport. Wifi is working better. There is finally a way to easily get an Uber/Taxify to the center. The only negatives: Not enough restaurants. The prices are much higher than in the city. In order to transfer from domestic to international, you need to walk through the airside zone, which is weird. I really enjoy flying out of Kiev.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"most staff are friendly"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Airport is very big and modern. Great self-check in and most staff are friendly. Not very big queues but they happen. Good duty free shops, but lack of restaurants. Amazing wifi.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"long queues common"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Have been through this airport around ten times this year alone. One of the most horrible ones I have seen in my whole life. Obviously, the airport belongs/is managed by the owners of Ukrainian International Airlines, so monopoly is the key word for the airport. Positives - rather spacious and clean, sufficient number of toilets, though very limited number of seats on the land side, free Wi-Fi, though you have to re-log every 15min or so. Personal announcements for late passengers, fast security control, but - always queues at the border, there you lose what you have gained at the security. Unfriendly and sometimes plainly impolite staff: no smiles, please or thank you, no reply to hello, expressions like 'Male, come here' (in Russian) commonly. From my experience I can assure even if you can speak some Russian (or Ukrainian), better opt for English as the attitude will be slightly more dignified, greatly overpriced public transportation: the only option is Skybus (No. 322) at UAH 60 to the nearest underground station, UAH 100 downtown (for comparison, a single underground ride is UAH 5), the busses are oldish, rather dirty, no conditioning, power sockets or WiFi). Greatly overpriced food, for instance, fish & chips at UAH 450/EUR 15, no food options at the domestic departures (save from some vending machines), boarding mostly by bus (10 air-bridges for a 10 million ppa airport is by far too few), the busses lack conditioning, and diesel engines are left running while at the gate). Additional security check (security arches and luggage scanners) at the airport building entrances, additional security check in the international transit corridor, long queues common, - no domestic-to-international or vice versa transit possible, the only way is leaving and re-entering the air-side. Slow checked-in luggage delivery, - highly obtrusive taxi service offers right after you exit the air-side, - a single hotel (*** displayed, actually even not full **), construction work (a multi-storey parking lot?) going on for years.
Date VisitJuly 2018